Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i own every Bionicle posted:

Ummmmm

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a26310946/2020-bmw-x3-m-x4-m-reveal-photos-specs-price/

I love the word “competition” for these things. In what contest is it designed to compete?

World's smallest penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I love this article and all of the comments

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26907/you-dont-need-a-full-size-pickup-truck-you-need-a-cowboy-costume

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Oh man that is some good stuff. If it didn't require so much reading I'd say put it in the schadenfreude thread.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

gently caress, those shots really bring home how much force you're causing when you step onto the pedal

Anyhow, regarding this:

Lord Stimperor posted:

Found something and it appears they're going to stick the iPad on top of the Dash like other manufacturers. Don't know if I like that. Comparison below.

I've been looking around and found a walkaround video on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b5BceRmQq8

Dashboard is pretty nice, the display isn't as bad as it looks on the other images, it's positioned pretty reasonably. Center console buttons are mostly touch buttons though, with the exception of a few big ones. That's a bit disappointing. I guess you'd have to take a test drive to see how distracting it is in practice. Doors are still hard plastic unfortunately, would have hoped they put some textile over there.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

:discourse:

A Take Far Too Hot for most readers. I love it.

Reminds me of Jack Baruth’s article for Road and Track about how really the new Supra should have been an SUV.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

davebo posted:

Oh man that is some good stuff. If it didn't require so much reading I'd say put it in the schadenfreude thread.

The comments get angry really quick too, like they've completely missed the point/satire that it's the suburban chuds that never actually use their trucks, not rurals. :tfrxmas: :clint:

I did like the comment that the guy in the article had left his Brooklyn loft to get supplies for his pickling business.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Reminds me of Jack Baruth’s article for Road and Track about how really the new Supra should have been an SUV.

Look at all those butt hurt morons responding. drat he stirred them up good an proper

(And probably every single one of them in reality shouldnt have bought a full size in the first place too)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'm guilty of commuting to work in a truck, but at 25 MPG in the Ranger I can't justify another car.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
He's not wrong but you could extend that logic to almost any car that is anything but strictly utilitarian

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Looks like someone at Mitsubishi read that article too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

incels interlinked posted:

He's not wrong but you could extend that logic to almost any car that is anything but strictly utilitarian

Yeah, my wife commutes in a V8 Lexus, tried to get her into a Prius or something but she wasn't having it. So hopefully the "artificial low gas prices" will hang around for awhile :v:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
When private car ownership is banned, we can take high speed magnetic trains to visit friends who live in distant arcologies

Speaking of trucks, it looks like the Ram Hellcat is happening

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/21/ram-1500-trx-spy-photos-external-bypass-shocks-supercharger/

quote:

Besides the updated suspension, we're pleased to report that the TRX is still rocking Hellcat power. Our spy photographer tells us that there's very audible supercharger whine. He also caught the truck on video, and it sounds gravelly and angry. We're very much looking forward to the truck's launch, which should be sometime before 2022.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Keyser_Soze posted:

The comments get angry really quick too, like they've completely missed the point/satire that it's the suburban chuds that never actually use their trucks, not rurals. :tfrxmas: :clint:

I did like the comment that the guy in the article had left his Brooklyn loft to get supplies for his pickling business.

Brett isn’t a Brooklyn hipster hth.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Big fan of the dude in the comments who is like “modern cars have just gotten too drat small, normal people can’t fit in them!”

No buddy, cars are getting bigger every day, you’re just getting fat even faster.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love that article, if you listen real close you can hear the sound of a thousand fragile egos snapping all at once.

I wonder how many comments didn't bother reading to the part where he says "idk I'm not the vehicle police buy what you want" before rushing to the defense of a Product.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

im half considering ditching my truck for new hybrid RAV4

how insane am i

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wheeee posted:

how insane am i

I want a hybrid 4Runner.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Wheeee posted:

how insane am i

I’ve never not bought a Large Ford but the new RAV4 hybrid has my attention for sure.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Did you ever look at the original Panamera and think "I wish it was bigger and blobbier"?

Well good news!

Meet the new Cayenne Coupe

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

Did you ever look at the original Panamera and think "I wish it was bigger and blobbier"?

Well good news!

Thought that was a Tesla and I had to look at it another time before I read your post.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

drgitlin posted:

Brett isn’t a Brooklyn hipster hth.

The comment was referring to the younger bearded, tattooed, hipster dude in the old truck pic

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Powershift posted:

Well good news!

Honey, I Blew Up the Mazda3

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Eh, it looks infinitely better than the SUV coupe attempts from BMW and Mercedes. Still not good though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Thought that was a Tesla and I had to look at it another time before I read your post.

lol the tesla X will never not be the 2nd ugliest suv

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Powershift posted:

Well good news!

*brings out NASCAR approved Macan template*

Alright you're good to g--- wait, this thing's 8/7 the size! (the Cayenne's actually only 5% longer than the Macan).

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009

Powershift posted:

Well good news!

The more we complain about a car here, the more likely it's going to be a great sales success. This thing is gonna be everywhere soon.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I saw a Lamboroghini Urus today

It aint it fellas

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Iconic Racism posted:

The more we complain about a car here, the more likely it's going to be a great sales success. This thing is gonna be everywhere soon.

Of course it is, see that sweet plastic cladding? I'm hard already.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

Well good news!

I like it.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Car and Driver is running the exact same “Is this the end of Porsche as we know it?” line everyone threw out when the Cayenne first landed and then helped turn Porsche into the most profitable brand in the business.

These cars are what let them keep making a bakers dozen of different 911GT2 RS Spyder Web 2.0 Cup models until the heat death of the universe.

Personally I’d go with either a regular Cayenne or a Panamera Turbo Hybrid Sport Turismo (in brown obviously) but this new deal is OK too.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wheeee posted:

how insane am i

The new RAV4 hybrid looks like the absolute pinnacle of practical daily commuting for people with families. Also is the fastest RAV4, which never hurt anyone.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Wheeee posted:

how insane am i

Get a minivan instead.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I don't really need a truck day to day but would certainly consider an all electric F-150. Just cram a ton of batteries in between the frame rails and put motors at both ends.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Autocar says Toyota and Subaru are working on a second-generation 86. I can't decide to be hopeful since it means the sports car market isn't quite dead yet or worried because of how the Supra turned out.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what's better: not having the supra at all, or having the current supra?

even if it isn't that good i am personally glad someone is actually working on fun cars

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Russian Bear posted:

Get a minivan instead.

Minivans got expensive and you probably won't use the extra seats or storage all the time. I'd say the reason why CX5/CRV/RAV4 size crossovers dominate is that they're a sizing sweet spot.

TCO on a Hybrid RAV4 also likely far lower as it ages.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Powershift posted:

Well good news!

Words have no meaning

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FBS posted:

Autocar says Toyota and Subaru are working on a second-generation 86.

Would be nice if Toyota told Subaru to gently caress off and did it on their own but :effort:

[e] if there ever was a time for Toyota to do a retro styled 86 now is it, but they are too dumb to figure that out. Follow suit what Ford did with the Mustang, have Panda editions, high HP turbo motors, etc they wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 22, 2019

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

FBS posted:

Autocar says Toyota and Subaru are working on a second-generation 86. I can't decide to be hopeful since it means the sports car market isn't quite dead yet or worried because of how the Supra turned out.

It is good news because the current gen of used ones may finally come down in price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Would be nice if Toyota told Subaru to gently caress off and did it on their own but :effort:

[e] if there ever was a time for Toyota to do a retro styled 86 now is it, but they are too dumb to figure that out. Follow suit what Ford did with the Mustang, have Panda editions, high HP turbo motors, etc they wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots

I'd totally buy a repro AE86 with a revvy 4 banger, gently caress a turbo...