Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Seventeen hours out from JP FanFest.

Prop bets, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

A fun O9S clear:

Telum fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 22, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The Yda / Lyse thing was pretty meaningless. Someone we didn't know until recently was pretending to be someone that we didn't know that was already dead. If that entire thing was written out, nothing would have changed.
I feel like the whole set-up was really just so they could have a reason for the Archon tattoo fading away.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Lyse is funny if you talk to her between quests and she punted the cute mascot character so she is alright in my book. Also she does accomplish a lot of stuff but they have the whole telling not showing problem. During the Doma castle dungeon she was leading soldiers around Yanxia sowing confusion, raiding targets and effectively stopping any reinforcements from that southern Castrum from getting to the battle in time. She is usually leading her own force in the final Ala Mhigan sections so you don’t see her much then either.

My wildcard fanfest prediction is the next city will be in old Sharlayan considering our other usual smarty pants Sharlayan folks are occupied and we will need knoweledge about these Ascian folks and the nature of things.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 22, 2019

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i definitely get why people wouldn't care for Lyse because they really don't do a great job of showing why she should be a leader. i can't help but like feisty girls who punch things, though.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Fanfest prediction: Yoship annouces dancer, reveals it's a dps, then looks into the camera and says "healers adjust"

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Get hype for Yoshi P to come out cosplaying in either of these outfits.

The twist announcement will be that female Viera aren't going to be playable, just males and the last footage we got was a bait and switch. The giant cats will be women only though.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Lyse graduated from hiding in Papalymo's shadow, to being involuntarily stuck in Alisaie's.

I do wish there was a duty where WoL and Lyse go and beat the living tar out of eachother though.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Groggy nard posted:

I do wish there was a duty where WoL and Lyse go and beat the living tar out of eachother though.

Im surprised we didn't get one of those. They made a big deal out of lyse and the WoL sparring in the cinematic. It could have really been thrown in anywhere during the story because Lyse wanted to let off some steam or something.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
YoshiP will come out serenaded by amazing Japanese violinists to the tune of Tina Turners "Private Dancer"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Lyse is not compelling or believable as a leader but that's a separate matter from why we got a reveal on her background and what motivates her.

Her character arc was effectively derailed by the game splitting its attention between Ala Mhigo and Doma, like so many other things this expansion, and she never really stuck the landing.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I was expecting more direct facetime between her and Hien as part of her whole growth and whatnot but, uh, nope not really.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Givin posted:

YoshiP will come out serenaded by amazing Japanese violinists to the tune of Tina Turners "Private Dancer"

It's "Tiny Dancer" and he announces gravely that the new job is lalafell only.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Im surprised we didn't get one of those. They made a big deal out of lyse and the WoL sparring in the cinematic. It could have really been thrown in anywhere during the story because Lyse wanted to let off some steam or something.
It works out in the cutscene because derplander is a monk, but it would be a bit weird as other jobs.

"Okay WoL, I'm ready to start our training session. Whenever you're rea- uh, why....are you loading your gun?"

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was an astro. So I leaped forward like an idiot holding my sparkleglobe.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Like that's not something an AST doesn't already do when goading tanks to pull harder in dungeons.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Rainuwastaken posted:

It works out in the cutscene because derplander is a monk, but it would be a bit weird as other jobs.

"Okay WoL, I'm ready to start our training session. Whenever you're rea- uh, why....are you loading your gun?"

if lyse doesn't know how to punch bullets or kick a flare explosion then what has she even been doing with her monk time

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Lyse is the same character as Hien and if you don't like her it's because you're sexist.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what if hien is boring too

friendship ended with HIEN. SEKIRO'S WOLF is my new Best Friend

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lyse is not compelling or believable as a leader but that's a separate matter from why we got a reveal on her background and what motivates her.

Her character arc was effectively derailed by the game splitting its attention between Ala Mhigo and Doma, like so many other things this expansion, and she never really stuck the landing.

She's a figurehead, they outright state as such when she assumes command at the behest of the old, dying resistance leader. She just has an incredible bench of people who do know what the gently caress they're doing and defers judgement to them, which honestly makes her a pretty alright leader. She's way out of her loving depth but knows it and lets people who do know what to do carry the load

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Bolow posted:

She's a figurehead, they outright state as such when she assumes command at the behest of the old, dying resistance leader. She just has an incredible bench of people who do know what the gently caress they're doing and defers judgement to them, which honestly makes her a pretty alright leader. She's way out of her loving depth but knows it and lets people who do know what to do carry the load

"Raubahn makes decisions, the WoL murders anything that stands in our way" seems to be working out alright so far.

It's all gonna go tits up in ShB, but hey. :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

oh no blimp issue posted:

Lyse is the same character as Hien and if you don't like her it's because you're sexist.

How do you figure? They have entirely different demeanours, and their entire approach to their respective revolutions are completely opposite each other. Outside of the twins, I can't think of a character pair that contrasts each other more.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

oh no blimp issue posted:

lmao no

Hien's a way bigger fuckup

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I think hien's got his own limit break though which makes him the better of the two losers

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hien is loving Beefcake City and my husband, don't talk bad about him

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I think hien's got his own limit break though which makes him the better of the two losers

Yeah he's got some neato SAM/DRK hybrid looking thing where Yugiri and Lyse use regular NIN and MNK ones.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arist posted:

This but Urianger.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

I was MCH during that cutscene and I can confirm it looks pretty dope to see yourself rushing forward with your gun.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arist posted:

this but Aymeric :syoon:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

This but literally everyone.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lots of fine men in this game for sure :heysexy:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I joined an LDR last night as a scholar and a 12 minute in progress Darkhold came up and I was like “oh cool”

Zoned in, the tank was a gladiator :stare:

I just said “lmao no” and left then queued again and got vault and everything was fine

Darkhold is like three dungeons after brayflox. Brayflox as a gladiator is still not good but makes more sense, it’s easy to shoot past 30 as a tank if you’re spamming queues

But Darkhold? How the gently caress did he do stone vigil as a gladiator

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

I joined an LDR last night as a scholar and a 12 minute in progress Darkhold came up and I was like “oh cool”

Zoned in, the tank was a gladiator :stare:

I just said “lmao no” and left then queued again and got vault and everything was fine

Darkhold is like three dungeons after brayflox. Brayflox as a gladiator is still not good but makes more sense, it’s easy to shoot past 30 as a tank if you’re spamming queues

But Darkhold? How the gently caress did he do stone vigil as a gladiator

I'm guessing the healer adjusted.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
There used to be a guy who ran everything as GLD. Level 50+ content. Said job stones were bad design or something.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Die Sexmonster! posted:

There used to be a guy who ran everything as GLD. Level 50+ content. Said job stones were bad design or something.

Still does. Among other terrible decisions. Ran into him a couple weeks ago and the thread had a field day with his blog.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Not sure if they're still around on Excal or anywhere at all (hopefully not), but there was that silly FC called the Rolanberry Knights that openly bragged about showing everyone the power of stoneless characters

(They sucked)

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Why are you doxxing yourself?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

DizzyBum posted:

I was MCH during that cutscene and I can confirm it looks pretty dope to see yourself rushing forward with your gun.

Lyse: *does a series of elaborate katas, mentally and physically preparing herself for combat*

WoL: *pulls out a loving pistol*

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ironslave posted:

Lyse: *does a series of elaborate katas, mentally and physically preparing herself for combat*

WoL: *pulls out a loving pistol*

First time I did that, I was on AST. Lyse learned to fear the paper cut.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Lyse does do a limit break, but it's all the way back in ARR. You even see Papalymo feeding her the lb bar beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Countblanc posted:

This but Urianger.

Wish Moenbryda was still around to tease the poo poo out of him for hiding his good looks all the time.