Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Guys, remember that SDNY and whatever NYS, etc. are doing are totally separate from Mueller. So it's not done at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha yeah keep telling yourself that

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My bet is that the report avoids outright accusing Donald Trump of crimes, but (as others have speculated), phrases it in such a way that the GOP will be able to claim any shady business was just a misunderstanding.

Bootlickers will continue to cover for the president's response, no matter how outrageous.

And if I'm wrong, I'll let Shim choose my new avatar, which I will then purchase and keep for at least two months. If it's particularly shameful, I'll probably add text blaming him (and my own poor decisions).

Edit:

EBB posted:

You have five minutes to post five dogs or something bad will happen.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol it's a massive nothingburger

wonder what the new clintonite excuse for losing 2016 will be

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Professor Bling posted:

lol it's a massive nothingburger

wonder what the new clintonite excuse for losing 2016 will be

Bernie bros

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Also truth:

https://twitter.com/braylesong/status/1108918641217728512?s=21

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Jesus that leaked fast

https://www.scribd.com/document/402...ential-Election

It's pretty much what we expected, no big surprises other than what's on page 8. Jesus Christ.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Hmm sounds pretty weak to me. The report is that he's not recommending any further indictments. I doubt that would be the case, or be released, if it seemed likely that there were going to be something big coming.

Because Mueller can't indict a sitting President? And there are still sealed indictments waiting. It's up to the DOJ to determine how to indict a sitting President, now, if necessary. Mueller's job is done. Doesn't mean it's over.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

McNally posted:

Jesus that leaked fast

It's pretty much what we expected, no big surprises other than what's on page 8. Jesus Christ.

:lol:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

McNally posted:

Jesus that leaked fast

:stare:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

Jesus that leaked fast

This made me chortle.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Honestly was expecting a rickroll

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadget posted:

Because Mueller can't indict a sitting President? And there are still sealed indictments waiting. It's up to the DOJ to determine how to indict a sitting President, now, if necessary. Mueller's job is done. Doesn't mean it's over.

Yeah it's over dude I'm sorry.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Here is a thought, maybe the line that there won't be any further indictments is being misconstrued in light of the supposed sealed indictments that have been sitting in Virginia or DC for months? I'm not a prosecutor but could they not have left bigger/more controversial fish in sealed indictments for the AG/whoever else to deal with?

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

This owns. Can’t wait for the tears.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Yeah it's over dude I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, have you read the report? Are you privy to documents that we aren't? Do you know what's in the sealed indictments?

What the gently caress is up with everyone falling for this bullshit Trump supporters are spewing right now? Just because Mueller is not making any new indictments means very little.

Trump wasn't immediately torn away from his nap time and thrown into prison! It's all over! Game over, man, game over!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Coldwar timewarp posted:

This owns. Can’t wait for the tears.

Cool to see the lurker CHUDs coming out of the woodwork when nothing has actually been released yet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

GoGoGadget posted:

Mueller didn't use a warp whistle to skip ahead to the president. If he didn't indict Bannon, Jr, Ivanka, Kush, etc, he wouldn't have gone directly to Trump.

GoGoGadget posted:

I'm sorry, have you read the report? Are you privy to documents that we aren't? Do you know what's in the sealed indictments?

Multiple sources reporting there are no sealed indictments.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Report will show everyone- every single person affiliated with the campaign and Admin BUT Trump will be conclusively proven to done everything we think they did.
Trump will disown them all, pretend to be shocked, and watch his approval skyrocket among the GOP.
GOP realizes nothing will take him down, go full on fascist.
The Left will collapse in a fit of despair and decorum.
None of it will matter, and the same loving thing will happen in 2020.

This.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

Cool to see the lurker CHUDs coming out of the woodwork when nothing has actually been released yet.

This poo poo is being spread all over social media right now, and idiots are falling for it left and right.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I shall withhold sucking my dick or biting it off until the proper time.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Danny Devito as eggboi? gently caress it, it’s 2019. Go hog wild.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The center will collapse in a fit of despair and decorum. The left will spike AR prices back to 2014 levels.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Straight up just sent that link to multiple co-workers...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bulletsponge13 posted:

Report will show everyone- every single person affiliated with the campaign and Admin BUT Trump will be conclusively proven to done everything we think they did.
Trump will disown them all, pretend to be shocked, and watch his approval skyrocket among the GOP.
GOP realizes nothing will take him down, go full on fascist.
The Left will collapse in a fit of despair and decorum.
None of it will matter, and the same loving thing will happen in 2020.

This part, especially. Most of the motivation for DSA organizing was strategic positioning for when the public turned hard against trump following a damning mueller report in order to ride that wave. The insanely telling amount of hedging coming from people like Schiff suggests the report falls far short of being damning. With trump being able to now recover in time for campaign season without a drumbeat of leaks and indictments, there's no wave to ride.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadget posted:

This poo poo is being spread all over social media right now, and idiots are falling for it left and right.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm not emotional about it either. I've been skeptical that anything major would come from this. A few of you remind me of Fox Mulder and his I Want To Believe poster and it probably ain't happening. Unless there was something so explosive, so terrible that even Trump's base would turn against him, then it's probably a good thing it all fizzles out into disappointment. And we would've already heard something by now if it was legit.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The most realistic outcome is that the Mueller report lists a considerable amount of things with well sourced, well documented facts and leaves it as "lol this is congress' problem, cya".

At which point nothing will happen.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Unless there was something so explosive, so terrible that even Trump's base would turn against him

You're really stupid if you think something like that can possibly exist at all.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress off. I invite the future you to come back and cringe at what a hopeful little human being you were about the Mueller report.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Kurt Loadeater posted:

gently caress off. I invite the future you to come back and cringe at what a hopeful little human being you were about the Mueller report.

Man, just piss off and go post somewhere else for a while.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Hey friend I hope you enjoyed your lone poo poo post before your ban

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

DoktorLoken posted:

I may be a CHUD, but not a right wing one. I’m laughing at the thought that this was ever going to go somewhere and people’s reactions. We will see what happens but Daddy Mueller the loving cop isn’t and never was a person to idolize.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Vasudus posted:

The most realistic outcome is that the Mueller report lists a considerable amount of things with well sourced, well documented facts and leaves it as "lol this is congress' problem, cya".

At which point nothing will happen.

This seems like a logical end.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kurt Loadeater posted:

On the contrary, I think he was placing you and gogounicorns in the same 'whistling in the dark' basket, albeit on different edges of the basket.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hey can you dipshits save the doom and gloom until we actually get some news

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kurt Loadeater posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:smug:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Well that was fun

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

joat mon posted:

On the contrary, I think he was placing you and gogounicorns in the same 'whistling in the dark' basket, albeit on different edges of the basket.

Gogounicorns? I'm just pointing out everyone declaring "Trump wins!" Or "we're hosed" is doing it with literally no evidence. And most of it hinges on them thinking that since Mueller has no new indictments it's all over. It isn't. There are still sealed indictments, and he was NEVER going to indict the President himself because he can't

Also leave it to the dude that says he's no Trump supporter to drop homophobic slurs lol

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not losing hope yet, but I don't expect anything net positive to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie spent all week badmouthing a dead "war hero" and it didn't matter. I don't expect Congress to do poo poo.