Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU
The full cinematic.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Super interested in the battle system maintenance they'll go over later. A lot of classes got fun/more fun in SB.

This is somehow gonna be in ShB's Hildibrand questline

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

I'm back. I prepared this in advance, and posting it as they are clapping for these ridiculous cat race. Let me first say this: I hate Hrothgar because they came at the cost of male Viera and I'm not going to forget this ever.

Well it seems that they’ve gender-locked Viera and Hrothgar after all.
How disgusting, sexist, and homophobic - still uncomfortable designing male bunnies huh? You know I’ve really come to see this all as an attack on my identity especially after several of my posts in this thread were reported and I was banned because apparently someone is upset that I was very vocal about why I want male Viera and the fanart I was posting? I’m not sorry about what I said back then and this attempt at silencing me failed.
You know what would have been nice? Not being so secretive and being up front with us from the start, but no, they just had to cash in on everyone’s preorders before throwing this in our faces. This is why you cannot trust preorders these days at all. Thank god I had the foresight to not buy Shadowbringers. I can’t imagine that they would have refunded me. After all that I’ve seen I’ve come to the conclusion that this was a predatory tactic that took advantage of people’s trust, and they will go out of their way to silence anyone who speaks out against them. They are being anti-consumer and anti-player with the way they are behaving.
So in the end, they lost the money I was about to spend on the expansion, my recurring subscription which I have canceled, and any other Mog Station related purchases I would have made for fantasias/outfits/mounts. I refuse to be taken advantage of and I refuse to blindly follow this game into the abyss it’s going to sink into at this rate.
Good riddance and goodbye.

the salt is pretty tasty

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Hrothgar faces look like they're masks. The Kimarhi example looked decent, but I think the others need some work.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im going to make a Hrothgar dancer and gender equality will have been achieved

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The Hrothgar faces look like they're masks. The Kimarhi example looked decent, but I think the others need some work.
I think its just the total lack of any kind of facial animation in the video they showed, which hopefully is just a work in progress

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Get ready for that 1h+ leveling que as DPS/tank while you wait for that heal slot to fill up.

Hopefully the battle system maintenance has some big reveals, but at this stage I've got severe doubts.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Is it june 28 already?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I am excited for Dancer and literally nothing else.

Forget male Viera, why does Square hate female Ronso so much? :negative:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Kerrzhe posted:

the salt is pretty tasty

this is overdramatic but its pretty obvious that there's no reason we can't have male viera other than that they didn't want to have feminine males. it's 2019, we shouldn't still be genderlocking poo poo, also the ronso just look terrible. who wanted buff cats

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Choyi posted:

Get ready for that 1h+ leveling que as DPS/tank while you wait for that heal slot to fill up.

Hopefully the battle system maintenance has some big reveals, but at this stage I've got severe doubts.

they could add 3 new tank jobs and tank queues would barely push 10 minutes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

somepartsareme posted:

this is overdramatic but its pretty obvious that there's no reason we can't have male viera other than that they didn't want to have feminine males. it's 2019, we shouldn't still be genderlocking poo poo, also the ronso just look terrible. who wanted buff cats

their concept art is sick (good), but their textures are sick (bad)

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

That Viera's dance in the full trailer isn't even better than the Miqo'tes in Ul'dah.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Kerrzhe posted:

the salt is pretty tasty

I need my OF hit of salt

quote:

I'm unsubbing until male Viera are added, sorry devs. I love the game, but I have been hoping for this for a really long time (well before Viera were confirmed or hinted at coming to the game). I understand this is probably a little childish, but I'm not worried about appearing that way.

I'm happy the Ronso crowd got their race, but I'm very disappointed we've yet again taken the route of "men big manly" and "women sleek sexy". Games with genderlocking in races and classes NEVER keep my attention. Black Desert looks great, for example, but my favorite classes are female only so I just can't bring myself to play it.

Unfortunately, between BLU, no male Viera, and (so far) no healer... I'm just really let down.

Please consider bringing us male Viera very soon.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Choyi posted:

I'll be selling healer queues at a premium. New jobs don't change the role balance so we'll be waiting for tanks anyways.

There's a live letter in May and they're expecting 3-4 hours to go over battle system changes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rastan Beeza posted:

I need my OF hit of salt

Oh no a fairly reasonable post from the OF

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Why another cat race, though?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why another cat race, though?
Cats are popular.

My feeling here is mostly "huh. ok" as opposed to "Hell Yeah," but I guess they got my money already

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Choyi posted:

This will most likely be a levelling problem, and we'll have trusts to handle those in 5.0.

I imagine most healers will keep healing at max level regardless.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
no announcement about changing the ui for gardening, sorry but this is unacceptable and i will be unsubbing despite paying for 3 months earlier in the week and the preorder

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should have let us play as the Fat Cats instead.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

https://twitter.com/brainamp/status/1109292135558406144

The roe lady was the best one on stage. So much energy.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they should have designed, developed and implemented a new healer class for the first time in 3 years or whatever instead of a new dps class when we just got 3 last expansion

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Making a solemn Poster's Oath to votekick every filthy khajit from my party until Yoshi relents and panders to my specific sexual preferences instead of literally everyone else's

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The real fourth healer was CJN all along. Gonna 99% the next raid content.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bleu posted:

Making a solemn Poster's Oath to votekick every filthy khajit from my party until Yoshi relents and panders to my specific sexual preferences instead of literally everyone else's
Counterpoint: They have wares.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Dear SE, please put Bewildering Grace in the Dancer's skillset for FFXIV, thank you~!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Lastdancer posted:

Dear SE, please put Bewildering Grace in the Dancer's skillset for FFXIV, thank you~!

I'm hoping for Wiznaibu

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Hommando posted:

The real fourth healer was CJN all along. Gonna 99% the next raid content.

Speaking of, Nomura was mentioned as being a monster designer for the 8man raids, right?

They featured Bahamut/Alexander/Omega, so I wonder what the story of that will be. I was gonna say 1st Shard's version of those, but then I remembered Bahamut is a dragon, so he'd only be on our world. It's a bit odd to bring back Omega "right after" beating him in a way, could it be some AU future where we weren't around to stop any of them and they got stronger?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
pretty sure they just used that image to represent the idea of "raid series"

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Rastan Beeza posted:

Speaking of, Nomura was mentioned as being a monster designer for the 8man raids, right?

They featured Bahamut/Alexander/Omega, so I wonder what the story of that will be. I was gonna say 1st Shard's version of those, but then I remembered Bahamut is a dragon, so he'd only be on our world. It's a bit odd to bring back Omega "right after" beating him in a way, could it be some AU future where we weren't around to stop any of them and they got stronger?

Calling it Eden (with a plant), having a bunch of Spooky Angels everywhere, and hauling in Nomura all points to that it's going to have a bunch of Biblical influences. I'm still betting on Shadowbringers having a ton of FF4 references, too, so I think the Tower of Babil will be a wing.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rastan Beeza posted:

The story had something to do with returning and rebalancing the elemental aether to the land. Goth gf plays a role. I don't think they said who the main antagonist would be, but it would be msq related.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kinda lame they had a psych-out for the whole "last race" thing but then only had one new jobs to announce.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Rastan Beeza posted:

Mostly just to say "this is an 8-man raid series, like they were, but I think also to illustrate that all of them center around a single summon (hey, Omega was a summon in Dissidia :v:) from the Final Fantasy series, and well, Final Fantasy VIII sure had a curious one.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
I’ll be looking forward to 2021 when FFXIV expansion Siren Brothers announces its TWO healer classes to make up for 8 years of uninspired healer jobs!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

DapperDuck posted:

I’ll be looking forward to 2021 when FFXIV expansion Siren Brothers announces its TWO healer classes to make up for 8 years of uninspired healer jobs!

No job stones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Well, maybe AST will at least get something cool for its new abilities...?