Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

boredsatellite posted:

You can get addicted to shittily brewed coffee
It's more that I feel that as both a person addicted to coffee and one who has consumed copious amounts of lovely coffee when needed, it's a necessary skill to have so that you can control your own destiny when in a situation where you need the magic juice fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kaguya going full Tsundere is cute in its own way.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

The most unbelievable thing about the chapter was that someone addicted to coffee would not know how to brew coffee.

Canned coffee from vending machines is really common over there.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Bakanogami posted:

Canned coffee from vending machines is really common over there.

I'd much rather have ucc canned milk coffee than any of the packaged Starbucks stuff we have here.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

The most unbelievable thing about the chapter was that someone addicted to coffee would not know how to brew coffee.

He was drinking instant and couldn't even notice when it was swapped for decaf (and it's easy to tell decaf tastes different).

He clearly isn't really tasting it, just swallowing it for the effects.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aka here clearly wants to have fun with IceKaguya and Betagane for a bit before resolving their denseness by Christmas.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Oh hey. It's that awesome taxi driver again.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Mirage posted:

Oh hey. It's that awesome taxi driver again.

Four Ramen Emperors arc next chapter yay

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God that moment was so cute

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rip the breath mint joke... I was looking forward to it...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
needed to make room for the lewd scenes!!1

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kuuguya trying to get Shirogane to be the romantic 'aggressor' instead of just out and out initiating handholding and stuff is cute as heck.

The fact that we know Kaguya finds the idea of shirogane taking the initiative gets her motor running makes it even funnier.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wrong thread?

E: It is in fact me who is in the wrong thread.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

How crazy would it be if after all the build up, and Kaguya making dozens of contingency plans and getting blackmail, if her Father was like "You want to go to Stanford? Sure."

It's not gonna happen but drat what a twist that would be.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

he doesn't seem to think much of her anyway, so i cant imagine he has big plans for her in his empire.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He'll be proud that she made a decision on her own.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

How crazy would it be if after all the build up, and Kaguya making dozens of contingency plans and getting blackmail, if her Father was like "You want to go to Stanford? Sure."

It's not gonna happen but drat what a twist that would be.

I'm about 60% convinced her dad is going to end up being a huge tsundere dork just like his daughter because that is the funniest result possible. This chapter only raised that confidence by going through the entire checklist of "rich love interest in a controlling family" cliches in Shirogane's mind while implicitly mocking him for it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The tsundere thing isn't really funny or redeemable if it does stuff like cause a child to suffer a total lack of parental love, and get a total warped view of relationships and a deep self loathing.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Also, despite her own hangups, Hayasaka definitely actively dislikes/despises Kaguya's father too and she actually is a fairly good judge of people. Which means what it looks like is probably what it actually is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know if there is any basis in reality, but in manga the children of zaibatsus are generally treated as nobility. with all the other bullshit surrounding kaguya's family and upbringing, an arranged marriage wouldn't be out of place. kaguya's terrible family could very well consider that to be her sole purpose.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

he doesn't seem to think much of her anyway, so i cant imagine he has big plans for her in his empire.
Then why force her to be summoned to Kyoto?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't know if there is any basis in reality, but in manga the children of zaibatsus are generally treated as nobility. with all the other bullshit surrounding kaguya's family and upbringing, an arranged marriage wouldn't be out of place. kaguya's terrible family could very well consider that to be her sole purpose.
Yeah I'm getting Haru/Okumura flashbacks from P5.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Then why force her to be summoned to Kyoto?

as a matter of course, before completely disregarding her. that's exactly my point.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Like I said it probably won't happen but it would be really funny if he's built up to be the final boss and he was like "Stanford? Of course you can go to Stanford. That's one of the best schools in the world!"

I can only imagine what Kaguya's face would look like.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

I really want them to keep making more seasons of the anime so we get this scene, and I want it to get the full Jojo "ORA ORA ORA" treatment complete with loud swishing sounds and big Jojo-style text on the screen.

Animated Ice Kaguya is also very much on my wishlist now that I've seen a whole chapter of her, she really comes across as completely different in appearance to me in the manga and I'm interested in how they'd make her look in animation, beyond a few brief stills that I think we've seen so far.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Watching the recent Hayasaka-focused episode of the anime makes me want to see some interesting interaction between Ice Kaguya and Hayasaka

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

What's going on at the media club?

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-want-to-talk-about-kaguya/en/0/27/page/1

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Mentioning Mario Party!

Chapter of the year, right here. :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Playing Smash Bros is the best way to spend an afternoon at someone's house, Karen is right, Erika is completely messed up in the head. :colbert:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can tell the author owns a Nintendo Switch.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

You can tell the author owns a Nintendo Switch.

And why wouldn't they? It's a fantastic console. :discourse:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After marathoning the Anime and Manga it is hard to find words to describe just how much I love this series. Just watching two tsundere's flail around is a magical experience and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://mangadex.org/chapter/572771/1

Erika and Karen are great.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
New chapter is out!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/143/page/1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Weekly reminder:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ice-Kaguya is trying so hard to look cool and mature but she's way dumber than regular Kaguya.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Ice-Kaguya is trying so hard to look cool and mature but she's way dumber than regular Kaguya.

She's just going end up 100% merged with Bakaguya at this rate. SHE LIVES!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I know this has nothing to do with the most recent chapter, but is there any consensus about Ishigami giving Iino the bookmark that she loves so much?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really obvious that it was him, yeah. there's not really any question about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

So I know this has nothing to do with the most recent chapter, but is there any consensus about Ishigami giving Iino the bookmark that she loves so much?

Yup its him and it fits in the theme of both of them helping each other without the other knowing