Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Angepain posted:

I hope at least one person sees the thread title and immediately assumes Michael Gove has become prime minister

Hi.

I got scared and came in to ask why you guys keep doing this to yourselves but thankfully its just misleading and now I can go back to hating Tories (ours and yours).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
they might threaten may with deselection when her dictatorship ends if she refuses to resign.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Alternatively as equalities minister I could prop up the Conservative base by supporting Mens Rights issues.

It's blatant gender based discrimination that a woman can marry a man and get a cake, but a man who marries a man can't necessarily get a cake from the same provider. I'm sure that with greater awareness more men will begin to champion this cause for our important gender based rights.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Azza Bamboo posted:

Alternatively as equalities minister I could prop up the Conservative base by supporting Mens Rights issues.

It's blatant gender based discrimination that a woman can marry a man and get a cake, but a man who marries a man can't necessarily get a cake from the same provider. I'm sure that with greater awareness more men will begin to champion this cause for our important gender based rights.

pretty sure they lined up rees-mogg for that front bench position.

personally I'll be secretary for defense and massively cut down on the army budget by recruiting militias out of teenagers by paying them only with white lightning and bad weed.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just read that the woman who started the revoke article 50 petition (that is now at nearly 4.8m signatures) received 3 telephoned death threats and has had to close her facebook account.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

personally I'll be secretary for defense and massively cut down on the army budget by recruiting militias out of teenagers by paying them only with white lightning and bad weed.
Call it a return to 18th century values and the Tories will be right behind you.

(Watch out for Tories right behind you.)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just read that the woman who started the revoke article 50 petition (that is now at nearly 4.8m signatures) received 3 telephoned death threats and has had to close her facebook account.

Shes also apparently a retiree in cyprus which isnt ideal optics.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
When greeting male colleagues in professional environment, female employees have to curtsy. That's the new law.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

tino posted:

When greeting male colleagues in professional environment, female employees have to curtsy. That's the new law.

I forgot that finishing schools were a thing and this reminded me.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Shes also apparently a retiree in cyprus which isnt ideal optics.

lol who gives the tiniest loving poo poo about optics right now

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

namesake posted:

Get used to seeing this because people are going to rotoscope different tweets onto it for decades.

I demand someone pit a dril tweet on it now.

Here you go friendo

https://i.imgur.com/UJpYM4z.mp4

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

^^^ too good

Julio Cruz posted:

lol who gives the tiniest loving poo poo about optics right now

lol I agree with you. Oh dear.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol I agree with you. Oh dear.

it's not like I was pointing out how stupid a post it was or anything

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

it's not like I was pointing out how stupid a post it was or anything

so... it was like or in fact exactly that you were pointing out how stupid a post it was.

?

I still agree I think.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

so... it was like or in fact exactly that you were pointing out how stupid a post it was.

?

I still agree I think.

if you, in fact, agree that giving a poo poo about optics (especially the optics of whoever started a loving petition) is stupid, then why make a post saying "this is bad optics"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

if you, in fact, agree that giving a poo poo about optics (especially the optics of whoever started a loving petition) is stupid, then why make a post saying "this is bad optics"

Because its a funny old world isnt it mate.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Furnaceface posted:

Hi.

I got scared and came in to ask why you guys keep doing this to yourselves but thankfully its just misleading and now I can go back to hating Tories (ours and yours).

Me too. "The one drat time I don't check UKMT!" I muttered.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OwlFancier posted:

Funny story about that, my nana recently asked me how he was. I said he hadn't changed much.

Dementia is funny except when it's not.

So interesting story about dementia. We found out in the last 6 months or so that my gran has it. It's led to me being told some things about her I didn't know before, namely, she's actually quite a nasty person. Apparently she used to bitch about everybody she knows and used to be a real nightmare for my Grandad. My Grandad died like 25 years ago but before he did he gave her a real piece of his mind, told her what a nasty bitter woman she was and all that kind of thing. My Mum has kept in touch with her all these years but generally been pretty reluctant to e.g. go and see her or stay with her as she's so difficult.

Anyway, just recently, she's had a complete flip - she's nice as pie, happy to be around people and all around just a nice and happy person. So it's not all bad I guess? I don't think her memory is super bad yet so obviously things can get worse, I just thought that was really interesting.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

So interesting story about dementia...

So it's not all bad I guess?

Whilst this is maybe interesting I probably wouldn't lead with it in any like I dunno dementia groups or whatever.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WhatEvil posted:

So interesting story about dementia. We found out in the last 6 months or so that my gran has it. It's led to me being told some things about her I didn't know before, namely, she's actually quite a nasty person. Apparently she used to bitch about everybody she knows and used to be a real nightmare for my Grandad. My Grandad died like 25 years ago but before he did he gave her a real piece of his mind, told her what a nasty bitter woman she was and all that kind of thing. My Mum has kept in touch with her all these years but generally been pretty reluctant to e.g. go and see her or stay with her as she's so difficult.

Anyway, just recently, she's had a complete flip - she's nice as pie, happy to be around people and all around just a nice and happy person. So it's not all bad I guess? I don't think her memory is super bad yet so obviously things can get worse, I just thought that was really interesting.

The thing to watch out for is generally agitation I find. People understandably become what you would probably call paranoid if it wasn't a very reasonable response to posessing awareness of your own inability to form a coherent map of your life or location. Unfortunately it does get worse over time. People have good days and bad days but the trend is generally towards greater agitation over time as their sense of place and time breaks down further.

I guess if I had a suggestion it's don't waste time perpetually correcting people over every little thing or trying to make them do as you say. My mum does that and it mostly just upsets my nan, especially when she's having trouble explaining something.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not sure he was asking for care advice.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not sure he was asking for care advice.

Don't be a cock.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure anyone was asking for your input either but you still give it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I guess I didnt think how that glib response would be taken so i apologise. I've been posting in the discord which is mush more punchy so yeah quite bad.

But also we know the guy has left the country so it seems unlikely hes hanging out with grandma wondering how to deal with her.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I mean obviously I know it's a terrible thing and that it's going to get worse and I've spent quite a bit of time feeling really terrible about it, but for now at least she's happier than she was and I think you have to take small mercies where you can.

I remember seeing a video a while back of a guy who had alzheimers and every few minutes he would think he was meeting a "beautiful woman" (his wife) for the first time and he would want to dance with her and things, he was just so happy. It was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You are right in that specifically it can improve people's moods sometimes, as I said the agitation is the consistent bad side of it but perhaps that takes different people different ways too.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Angepain posted:

I hope at least one person sees the thread title and immediately assumes Michael Gove has become prime minister

I had a sinking feeling when I read it, then started giggling imagining him at PM's questions next week. Flopping about, actually attempting to answer questions that May and Cameron routinely dodged because the answer is that Tories are evil shitters.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You are right in that specifically it can improve people's moods sometimes, as I said the agitation is the consistent bad side of it but perhaps that takes different people different ways too.

It definitely does. Some people get really scared when they can't make sense of things and that gets depressing really fast. Other people can have really advanced dementia and be quite happy to sit in a chair, sip some tea and watch the world go by and never show any signs of agitation. I sometimes wonder if it reflects their underlying personality or if it just depends on what parts of the brain are damaged.

One of my favourite dementia patients had pretty severe memory loss, but at an early point in his disease someone had told him he had Alzheimer's and by some miracle it had stuck. So he would let you know multiple times in every conversation that he had dementia and he had trouble remembering things. Usually about once every minute. But you knew he was just trying to be helpful, he was such a lovely guy.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Furnaceface posted:

Hi.

I've been out all evening and not listening to the news - got that dread moment of "jesus christ what the gently caress" when reading the thread title.

tino posted:

Women in the workplace? Not in Mogg world. Kinder, Küche, Kirche.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Michael Gove when told he will never be in Nr 10.

https://i.imgur.com/d1vLf8f.mp4

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So I guess we're just waiting for one of the Tories to unveil May's phylactery and finish it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Katt posted:

Michael Gove when told he will never be in Nr 10.

https://i.imgur.com/d1vLf8f.mp4

The Shape of Pob (2017)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've never had a bottle of Scotch put in front of me that I wouldn't drink, what does that make me?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

An alcoholic?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

An alcoholic?

Sleeping in a doorway in Glasgow?

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've never had a bottle of Scotch put in front of me that I wouldn't drink, what does that make me?

So you're the reason Bell's is still in business

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Furnaceface posted:

Hi.

Phew. Me too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Someone who is doing a great service to the nation of Scotland.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not going to pay my tax any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The yank was within you all along.