Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tekne posted:

Atrocities are tolerable if the perpetrators are well dressed.

It's true, just look at America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

You're right about fft, but they showed omega and alex at fanfests. I also want to say Void Ark at some point, but I may be misremembering on that. We definitely got the Omega and Alex art though.
Void Ark didn't make it to a fanfest; it wasn't revealed until just before 3.1.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Honestly, the only reason I don't assume male Viera/female Hrothgar/helmets for all is on the way but not at launch is because they've handled this in probably the worst way possible and that doesn't make sense if they had something, anything, to soften the blow.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Tekne posted:

Atrocities are tolerable if the perpetrators are well dressed, and we get to kill them and strip them of those cool glams.

To be more correct.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's no way sephiroth isn't the final boss of the eden

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The helmet thing is at least never happening they're absolutely not going to go back and create new versions of all the helmets in the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vitamean posted:

there's no way sephiroth isn't the final boss of the eden

I am assuming the final boss of Eden is going to be the FF8 summon Eden.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

It just dawned on me I can't have a lion with bunny ears because helmets.

gently caress.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

WAit you mean the Nomura designed Summon Eden might be related to the Nomura written and designed 8 man raid series Eden? I don't see it.

It'll definitely be sephiroth.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

WAit you mean the Nomura designed Summon Eden might be related to the Nomura written and designed 8 man raid series Eden? I don't see it.

It'll definitely be sephiroth.

I'll see you in court

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vitamean posted:

I'll see you in court

Sephiroth will be the final boss of court.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Fat and Useless posted:

It just dawned on me I can't have a lion with bunny ears because helmets.

gently caress.

You can't have a bunny wearing bunny ears.

This is on top of not having bunny bois dressing up as bunny girls.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe if we're lucky Seifer will show up a few times to get chumped on throughout the raid series.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's weird that people are getting mad at people thinking a villainous faction in a game is cool when that's like been part of media since Star Wars and even before that. Is everyone who plays as empire in the Star Wars games a wannabe nazi too?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sephiroth will be the final boss of court.

Sephiroth will be the court reporter, c'mon.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

FortMan posted:

To be more correct.
We still haven't got a set of legatus armor. :bang:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Argas posted:

You can't have a bunny wearing bunny ears.

This is on top of not having bunny bois dressing up as bunny girls.

But can I put cat men in a dress?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

It's weird that people are getting mad at people thinking a villainous faction in a game is cool when that's like been part of media since Star Wars and even before that. Is everyone who plays as empire in the Star Wars games a wannabe nazi too?

It can certainly be among the signifiers, yes

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
"Two doomed Echos tumbling through time"

SE are playing up the starcrossed lovers bit aren't they?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Verranicus posted:

On some level they are. They probably aren't wannabes at all but they admire certain aspects of it. I can't say I never ever liked the Empire (Star Wars and Garlemald) at all, or was generally attracted to art depicting fictional militaries and poo poo in good looking uniforms with cool guns and poo poo.

It's weird to see the curtain pulled back even more on just awful the Garlean Empire is and some people step up the rhetoric. Like, whatever, you like the aesthetic(s) of it. That doesn't mean you have to express that by saying Gaius was right (he wasn't). I don't think those people are absolutely terrible people IRL but I know a lot of people who have to deal with the really long extensions of real life empires being awful and dealing with the distant, distant repercussions of that stuff (nevermind omnipresent capitalism) that it's hard for them (and me) to not feel a little bit repulsed seeing it in fiction. Some people have an easier time disconnecting to enjoy things. Good for them.

But if they're the sort to inject "rebel scum" too much when talking about Star Wars, or about how Gaius was right, etc...Well, they either have an easier time disconnecting than I can (definitely possible) or they might be wannabes.

Fat and Useless posted:

But can I put cat men in a dress?

Does a robe count as a dress? Probably not. You can't be fat and useless either.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I wonder how the new job and class quests will work out. How are they gonna tie current quest NPCs to the 70-80 questline in another shard?

Basically, let me beat up gnomes with Hamon Holyfist.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Vitamean posted:

I wonder how the new job and class quests will work out. How are they gonna tie current quest NPCs to the 70-80 questline in another shard?

Basically, let me beat up gnomes with Hamon Holyfist.

I doubt they'll let anyone else travel over, but job trainers in the First Shard is sort of an obvious thing to do, though not necessarily with everyone.

It won't be Hamon Holyfist in the First Shard, it'll be Damman Darkhand.

Edit: He'd totally be the heel of the Eulmorian Arena, playing the character of Doomfinger.

Argas fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 24, 2019

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Hrothgar Holyfist.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

There seems to be a tendency among fiction creators to make their antagonist faction look really distinctive and cool, while the good guys are a ragtag mess of shlubs thrown together for survival. I can't think of many settings where the good guys have a more stylish aesthetic than the assholes.

As for the Garleans, I'd be happy if everyone there who isn't a populares or sympathizer gets stomped, but the armorers can live so I can get some baroque power armor.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Tekne posted:

There seems to be a tendency among fiction creators to make their antagonist faction look really distinctive and cool, while the good guys are a ragtag mess of shlubs thrown together for survival. I can't think of many settings where the good guys have a more stylish aesthetic than the assholes.

As for the Garleans, I'd be happy if everyone there who isn't a populares or sympathizer gets stomped, but the armorers can live so I can get some baroque power armor.

The weird thing is I don't think Garlean uniforms look good at all. All the commander outfits are spikey monstrosities and I can barely remember what the grunt uniforms look like.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the grunts basically wear garbage bags and lovely helmets

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Argas posted:

I doubt they'll let anyone else travel over, but job trainers in the First Shard is sort of an obvious thing to do, though not necessarily with everyone.

It won't be Hamon Holyfist in the First Shard, it'll be Damman Darkhand.

Edit: He'd totally be the heel of the Eulmorian Arena, playing the character of Doomfinger.

I'm pretty sure I killed my Samurai trainer and everyone related to him, so I'm curious as to where that story is going to go next.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
yoou cant write an evil empire fascist enough that nerds wont write theories about how they're actually correct

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rhonne posted:

I'm pretty sure I killed my Samurai trainer and everyone related to him, so I'm curious as to where that story is going to go next.

Find a new highlander teacher and kill him.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can we make this the title of the thread

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

yoou cant write an evil empire fascist enough that nerds wont write theories about how they're actually correct

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Captain Cappy posted:

The weird thing is I don't think Garlean uniforms look good at all. All the commander outfits are spikey monstrosities and I can barely remember what the grunt uniforms look like.
You're right that their regular soldiers look like poo poo. Some legatus look like Warhammer rejects, but Livia, Nero, and Gaius (asides from the horns) have reasonable and ornate armor.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

homeless snail posted:

Can we make this the title of the thread

Graphic design is my passion

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Captain Cappy posted:

Its a weird case where they just remade the random acton gear model they threw on garlean mobs a decade ago, except higher quality and a little more of a rubber texture.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Now that I've finished gathering and crafting, I'm diving into leveling all the war/magic classes.

Any tips besides food + Squadron Battle Manual + EXP boosting equipment like earring?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Now that I've finished gathering and crafting, I'm diving into leveling all the war/magic classes.

Any tips besides food + Squadron Battle Manual + EXP boosting equipment like earring?

Dehumanize yourself and face to bad tanks, healers, the other dps, and yourself

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to bad tanks, healers, the other dps, and yourself

Oh dear....yeah I'm probably going to hate humanity by the end of this.

More so than usual.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Real answer: Variety is the best way to keep your sanity.
- Daily Roulettes are the best and provide good variety. They can miserable though if you get a bad party.
- Dungeons are probably the best XP for Tanks/Healers, and if you can wait around for ~10-15 minutes, DPS as well. They can miserable though if you get a bad party.
- Your Grand Company Squad can run with you through dungeons. Once they get max Attack stance they will be doubling what a normal dps would do. They can be miserable though because you have to do all the mechanics yourself.
- Heaven on High and Palace of the Dead are good XP too, although you probably won't learn much about your class in general if you do those. They can miserable though if you get a bad party.
- Once you're in Heavensward content and beyond, the Beast Tribes give decent XP and you can level them up if they weren't already max level.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Thanks for info

Captain Cappy posted:

- Your Grand Company Squad can run with you through dungeons. Once they get max Attack stance they will be doubling what a normal dps would do. They can be miserable though because you have to do all the mechanics yourself.

Oh right, I keep forgetting to look into this. I noticed they have stance but never found out how to boost said stances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They can unlock and increase the levels of their stances when you clear dungeons with them, randomly I think.