Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MarcusSA posted:

Is this a man or a woman?

Luckily serial murder isn't gated by concepts of sexuality or gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I have a million questions. There is just so much going on here.

Are any of them 'why is that dress so wrinky? All that effort and you can't even iron the fabric?' or 'IS that dress made out of plastic grocery bags?'

Those are mine. That dress looks well made, it's just not taken care of.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to do my husband's date night activity?

My husband [28] and I [29] are in couples therapy and our therapist recommended doing a Friday night date every week. She specifically stated we should try to make it a fun thing, not chores and stuff like that, and go do it even if it might be something one of us doesnt want to do.

We've been doing this for a few months and it's been going great until thursday. It was his week to plan the date. He hints that our fun Friday night date will be dirty. I'm already not thrilled about being dirty but whatever, I'll give whatever it is a shot. I ask if he'll tell me what it is. He says it's a surprise.

Friday comes and he finally tells me what the surprise is. He's going to teach me how to change a tire. And honestly...I was pretty annoyed.

I have a high stress job and I'd been telling him all week how drained I am and how excited I am for Friday and the weekend to be able to relax. I thanked him for wanting to teach me but expressed that I felt duped. This was not anyone's idea of a fun date night activity. And trying to make it a surprise like it would be? I feel like this is a chore and just one more thing I need to do before I can enjoy my weekend. However, he says I'm an rear end in a top hat because it would have been fun because we'd be together and two because I'm being unappreciative.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: husband is not into cars.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CheesyDog posted:

Does vaginal acidity have any effect on the penis micro-ecosystem, skin, or size? (self.sex)

submitted 15 hours ago by cpnoneeye

Lady Dentist: Coca-Cola. Orange juice. Vag gel (sorry I am gay I don't know what state of matter chick secretions are). All are mildly acidic and we put them in our mouths every day. They seem safe, but if I were to pour any of them on the marble steps of Congress these liquids and semi-solid would eat right through them, given enough time. Observe.

*Lady Dentist begins grinding on the steps of Congress*

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

Are any of them 'why is that dress so wrinky? All that effort and you can't even iron the fabric?' or 'IS that dress made out of plastic grocery bags?'

Those are mine. That dress looks well made, it's just not taken care of.

It looks like a dress made out of tarp.

Maybe it's for easy cleanup when he's finished.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting to do my husband's date night activity?

My husband [28] and I [29] are in couples therapy and our therapist recommended doing a Friday night date every week. She specifically stated we should try to make it a fun thing, not chores and stuff like that, and go do it even if it might be something one of us doesnt want to do.

We've been doing this for a few months and it's been going great until thursday. It was his week to plan the date. He hints that our fun Friday night date will be dirty. I'm already not thrilled about being dirty but whatever, I'll give whatever it is a shot. I ask if he'll tell me what it is. He says it's a surprise.

Friday comes and he finally tells me what the surprise is. He's going to teach me how to change a tire. And honestly...I was pretty annoyed.

I have a high stress job and I'd been telling him all week how drained I am and how excited I am for Friday and the weekend to be able to relax. I thanked him for wanting to teach me but expressed that I felt duped. This was not anyone's idea of a fun date night activity. And trying to make it a surprise like it would be? I feel like this is a chore and just one more thing I need to do before I can enjoy my weekend. However, he says I'm an rear end in a top hat because it would have been fun because we'd be together and two because I'm being unappreciative.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: husband is not into cars.

Pro tier spoiler tags and I got a mighty chuckle out of it.

I mean I think his heart was in the right place but its not the greatest date night activity. The way she frames it though she kinda comes off not the greatest.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

MarcusSA posted:

Pro tier spoiler tags and I got a mighty chuckle out of it.

I mean I think his heart was in the right place but its not the greatest date night activity. The way she frames it though she kinda comes off not the greatest.

Tbf to her their therapist did state that their date night should be something fun and not a chore, and she told him that she was really looking forward to their date, because of her lovely work week. I can't blame her for being completely deflated at his reveal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ad090 posted:

Tbf to her their therapist did state that their date night should be something fun and not a chore, and she told him that she was really looking forward to their date, because of her lovely work week. I can't blame her for being completely deflated at his reveal.

Yeah fair enough.

It’s still funny though.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ad090 posted:

I can't blame her for being completely deflated at his reveal.

she was tired from work and he wanted to change that

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/relationshipsRelationships
Me [29f], arguing with partner [29m] over his choice of outfit for a Comic-Con type event, he got mad over it when I challenged him, who is in the right here?
u/msgeekah1606wt

quote:

On a throwaway for my own privacy. I check out the cosplay subreddit for the photos every so often.

So, me and my partner Steve have been together for 4 years now, we've livedtogether here in Manchester since November2014. We met at a Comic-Con type event, and have a lot in common besides being geeks, similartastes in food, values, background etc. etc. We're British, just for those wondering about Manchester or Birmingham and comic-cons.

Im a geek but no shame in admitting it, female geeks get bullied, and I did both for being ginger, geekish and for having a funny accent (being born to an American mum, English dad).

We're going to a Comic-Con event in Birmingham in November and have decided to cosplay as popular characters, we both like cosplay anyway.

Thats the main cause of our argument, not who Im cosplaying as but who he's cosplaying as.

Im cosplaying as Amy Pond from Doctor Who (I am ginger, anyway, to be fair and get told I look like her) and my partner, he wants to cosplay as Ronda Rousey (??, is that how you spell her name?), he told me he wants to borrow one of my sports bras and get a black crop top and hotpants, go to the ComicCon as her.

I said to him shes not a comic character, but hes insistent, he said itd be a hoot going as Ronda, he got mad. I said we'd talk more about this tomorrow, he said he had a few things to say.

Hes at work today and its my day off so I cant confront him yet.

On our shared Mac laptop I discovered searches for "how to wear fake boobs", pictures of Ronda Rousey, and a wikihow article on crossdressing, but ironically, my partner has never shown any interest in crossdressing.

Im worried that he'll be ridiculd or get attacked for this choice of outfit, I knowit sounds silly, but to me it sounds a bit weird.

I wonder if hes secretly into crossdressing and pretending to show no interest in it.

In all, though, hes a decent man, a good guy and I do really love him, but this worries me.

Tbh, Im not sure what to do here for the best, were a loving couple and I want to enjoy the event not worry over a costume choice.

Who's in the right here and what do I do next?

tl;dr: Im worried over partners cosplay choices but do I have a right to be?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [26F] accidentally went on a date with someone I had worked with [30sM] and now everyone's annoyed at me, including my boyfriend [29M]

Yeah I know it sounds suspect, accidentally going on a date? I’ll explain….

Like 3 days ago my boss got a message on Linkedin from a former client who had been nominated for a prize for a project I had been consulting on. There was an award ceremony and he asked my boss in the message if he could take me as his plus one as all his co-workers were going anyway and his original +1 had dropped out. He also said he wanted our company to be involved in awards as a thanks for our help. It sounded pretty cool and I had no real plans for Friday night (he apologized for late notice). I checked with my boyfriend that he didn’t mind me going out (I would have just stayed in and hung out with him otherwise) and he said go for it.

So the ceremony was last night and it was a pretty good time. I didn’t really know anyone else apart from him so naturally I spent a lot of the night talking to him but we were on a table with like 8 of his coworkers so it was often like a table wide conversation. There was also a free bar so there was quite a lot of drinking and after the ceremony was over, there was dancing. We all danced together in a group, at no point was it just me and him dancing together or anything like that.

At the end of the night he was like I had a fun night, really happy that you came, do you want to go for a drink. Initially, I was like sure, who else is coming? (thinking he had invited the whole table). Then he said he meant just us. I was like oh no sorry, I don’t want you to get the wrong impression, I have a boyfriend.

This is when he started to get kinda defensive and was like why did you agree to be a +1 I and flirt and dance with me all night if you weren’t interested? I think this is a pretty big accusation. At no point do I think I was flirting with him and definitely never intentionally?!?! I was totally clueless to his intentions so he maybe felt the night was different but it never felt like a “date” at all to me. Mostly it felt a group of people on a night out. But anyway, I ended up apologozing for “giving him the wrong impression” (which I don’t think I did but I just wanted to leave).

I then asked my boyfriend If could come to his because I wanted to tell him about my weird evening. I told him the whole story and then he was annoyed AT ME because apparently I hadn’t made it clear that it was to be +1 for another guy and so basically it was like I went on a date with another guy? Especially when there was free alcohol and dancing??!?!? Maybe im being naïve but if a guy asks your boss through linkedin if you want to go to a work-based function, it doesn’t feel like a date.

So yeah, I feel like I’ve done nothing but now I’ve pissed everyone off. I’m not sure about to how to deal with this situation? Should I make an effort to talk to the guy and clear the air? I don’t really want to but I’m worried that maybe the situation could affect work?

Does my bf have a point? In hindsight its easy to look back and be like oh yeah, it was sort of like a date but I didn’t know that was his intention???

tldr: got asked to go to an awards ceremony thing by someone I had previously done work with. He thought it was a date, i did not realize and now he's annoyed and so is my boyfriend.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my friend it's weird to give his daughter a Nigerian name when he isn't Nigerian?

One of my best friends from child hood, we'll call hime Jake, is having a baby with his fiance. My friend is biracial (half black half white) but he was entirely raised by his white mom and white step dad. His girlfriend is black, but again she's not Nigerian or from Africa. I am white. I mean no offence to my friend but he grew up around mostly white people and it was only in college when he went through this phase where he started to really try and be more "black" and hang around black people more and behave more about what people "perceive" black people should act like and I kinda think some part of it was an act but whatever. Another note is that his fiance isn't really a huge fan of me and apparently when she first met me she got the impression I was racist. I don't really know why but that kinda soured our relationship but we're friendly and cordial to each other.

​So when I was hanging out with Jake few days ago, he was trying to order monogrammed pillows or something cheesy like that and then revealed that they were naming their daughter Morayo which is a Nigerian name apparently. He kept gushing over the name and I personally just thought it was weird to name your kid a name from a country you know literally nothing about. So I asked "are you sure you want to give your kid a Nigerian name. I mean you guys aren't Nigerian." He seemed offended and said. "Yeah but we're black and we have roots from Nigeria anyway."

So I probably should have let it go but then I said in a mostly joking manner. "So if I took a DNA test and found out I'm like 1% African should I give my kid a Nigerian name?"

Jake got mad and cursed at me a few times and said that tons of "black" names are african or arabic and that I should "mind my own white business" and I had no idea what I was talking about.

He did change the subject after that but I can tell it bothered him. Shortly after his fiance publicly revealed the name on social media and people started gushing about it and his girlfriend made a comment on Facebook about how she was glad they liked it and "some of Jake's friends thought it was too African lol" She knows I follow her and obviously posted that for me to see it.

AITA here? I'm conflicted. Like I didn't think it was a big enough deal for Jake to go rat on me to his GF (who he KNOWS doesn't really like me). But maybe I was out of line to criticize the name choice.

​EDIT: Ok I get it I'm the rear end in a top hat. I'll apologize to my friend and his girlfriend

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

so you're one of those people who's like "what's this, freshly baked bread? heh sorry I only eat all-natural food grown on an organic farm, nothing that has been processed beyond that"

"peanut butter? gently caress that poo poo only raw peanuts and sunflower seeds for me, thanks"

"beer? No thanks I'll ingest the grains and ferment it myself, in my stomach"

Yes, clearly the most logical interpretation of what I've said is "I only eat raw whole foods that I've grown in my own humanure" rather than "cooking using mostly the things one would find on the outer aisles of the grocery store".

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not chasing after customers who have forgotten wallets, sunglasses, keys etc in a restaurant when they tip me below 15%?

Newp. You're all good.

Tipping culture is just lovely to begin with. Those subjected to it for their income shouldn't feel the need to even have to make decisions like this.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [26F] accidentally went on a date with someone I had worked with [30sM] and now everyone's annoyed at me, including my boyfriend [29M]
Womankind's curse of "men think existing in the same country as them means you're flirting with them" strikes again.

What kind of loving weirdo goes to a work award ceremony, asks their boss if they can take an employee as a plus one so they can represent their company at the ceremony, and assumes it's somehow a date and not a work function?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not chasing after customers who have forgotten wallets, sunglasses, keys etc in a restaurant when they tip me below 15%?

I’m a server in a sports bar/restaurant. Now when I come up to a table of mine that recently closed out, if I noticed they left something behind on the table like their sunglasses or their wallet, I always check the tip first before deciding what to do.

If they tip under 15%, even if I see you in the parking lot, I will take your item to the managers office.

Under 20%, if I see you in the parking lot, you will get your item. If I don’t see you, I’ll at least go outside in the parking lot to see if I see you.

Over 20%, if I see you in the park lot, you will get your item. If I don’t see you, I will try and find you and if I see you, I’ll run over.

Does this make me an rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: Since it is being downvoted:

To clarify: Company policy is that items left behind are returned to the managers office/lost in found.

doing the bare minimum for people who do the bare minimum for you is absolutely appropriate

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Positive for Chlamydia, boyfriend yells whenever I express insecurity, and semen-like wet spots on the bed when I got home last night. Am I being crazy?

It depresses the hell out of me that there are so many fundamentally good but just helplessly stupid and gullible people in this world. What did they do before they could ask questions to the internet?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

It depresses the hell out of me that there are so many fundamentally good but just helplessly stupid and gullible people in this world. What did they do before they could ask questions to the internet?

They got poo poo on and controlled by shitlords because they didn't know any better. Most of them are still in this situation.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

My friend is biracial (half black half white) but he was entirely raised by his white mom and white step dad. His girlfriend is black, but again she's not Nigerian or from Africa. I am white. I mean no offence to my friend but he grew up around mostly white people and it was only in college when he went through this phase where he started to really try and be more "black" and hang around black people more and behave more about what people "perceive" black people should act like and I kinda think some part of it was an act but whatever. 

Oh my god get a grip

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for going off on my SIL after she assumed I have HIV because I'm gay?

quote:

Throwaway because my husband uses Reddit and I don't want him seeing this.

I'm gay and have known my husband for 4 years, been married for 8 months. I'm also a nurse. On my way home I was feeling adventurous so I decided to pop in at my in-laws' to say hello. My sister-in-law and her husband was also there. They invited me in, we were talking and somehow avoided any conflict (they loathe me and think I turned their son gay, but I tolerated it because I don't have any family of my own).

The topic of mass shootings and the Orlando shooting came up and I said it's a pity I couldn't donate blood considering I was in the area and have blood type O-, meaning anyone can receive blood from me. I don't know what went through her head but my SIL said it's for the best and that you never know what's in my blood. I informed her I've been tested multiple times and STDs don't appear out of thin air to which she replied "You probably have AIDS but you don't know it".

When she said that I completely let go and laid into her about everything including how she's in denial about her brother's sexuality, how she sleeps around more than I ever did, and how if she wasn't a high school dropout maybe she'd know then how STDs spread. This led to a HUGE fight between her and her husband and I while her parents just sat there watching. I got up to leave and said I want nothing to do with them and that I was surprised my husband even talks to them at all.

And worst part is after I told my husband about this he still chose to defend them. I'm beyond mad at this point, I told him they literally don't acknowledge he's married and yet he still wants to have a relationship with them. To which he said it's none of my business and that I'm an rear end in a top hat for getting between his family and him. I snapped and told him to grow a backbone. I'm staying at a friend's for the night because I can't deal with this bullshit all at once.

Edit: I decided to drop by because I was in a good mood and thought I could try and change our relationship for the better. Obviously the plan derailed.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA my ex told my kids she's gay

quote:

My ex and I split ten years ago. Won't get into the details, but I hosed up and the divorce was nasty and long. We don't get along well but we try for the (3) kids. My ex hasn't dated much since the split, while I have had 2 long term girlfriends.

Anyways, as the title says, my ex decided to "come out" to our kids and is now bringing her girlfriend around them. She didn't consult me or warn me of this. Further, she chose to tell the kids she's gay, not bisexual, so I hate to think what the kids are thinking about me and our marriage. I also don't think its even remotely acceptable for a parent to discuss their sexuality with children.

I confronted her via text and all she said was "Don't text me during my parenting time unless it's about scheduling." I sent her another text demanding an explanation for why she didn't ask me how I felt about her doing this, and she didn't answer that or my calls. AITA for this, or is she wrong for dropping this bomb on KIDS?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

I like how the title is not actually phrased as a question but the answer is still yes

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

DemoneeHo posted:

:thunk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for going off on my SIL after she assumed I have HIV because I'm gay?

Divorce him so he has to take half your AIDS blood.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This dude has a diseased mind and I feel so bad for his kids. :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Uh nobody thought you forced yourself on her until you mentioned it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Uh nobody thought you forced yourself on her until you mentioned it.

What kind of reasonable child doesn't spend time explicitly imagining their own conception?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cumshitter posted:

Lady Dentist: Coca-Cola. Orange juice. Vag gel (sorry I am gay I don't know what state of matter chick secretions are). All are mildly acidic and we put them in our mouths every day. They seem safe, but if I were to pour any of them on the marble steps of Congress these liquids and semi-solid would eat right through them, given enough time. Observe.

*Lady Dentist begins grinding on the steps of Congress*

It's mucus.

Acidic mucus.

Just think of the wonderland you're missing out on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

xtal posted:

What kind of reasonable child doesn't spend time explicitly imagining their own conception?

Not any child of Zeus, thats for sure

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's mucus.

Acidic mucus.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Antivehicular posted:

I want to say that guy turned out to have a congenital throat issue, so that kind of got less funny. Also, because goons, he got banned/long-probed after being creepy in PYF about a 16-year-old crushing on him, so the hot dog thing is maybe no longer his biggest problem
I went from feeling sorry for him to "HAHA gently caress THAT GUY" in a split second.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

Does vaginal acidity have any effect on the penis micro-ecosystem, skin, or size? (self.sex)

submitted 15 hours ago by cpnoneeye

Oh my God

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's mucus.

Acidic mucus.

I’ve always known that it’s mucus and I’ve always known that it’s acidic, but never have I thought of the two together.

Makes childbirth pretty metal actually.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

tehinternet posted:

Makes childbirth pretty metal actually.

That and the one in three chance of making GBS threads yourself during it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Also when your taint rips open so your vaginal canal and bhole merge into one glorious mega birth hole.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But, on the other hand you get a lifelong increased tolerance to pain.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But, on the other hand you get a lifelong increased tolerance to pain.
Do you have any medical studies proving this?

Because I think that's :wrong:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for thinking about leaving my wife because she is adopting her nieces and nephew?

This is a really hot one, and it's a shame people are skipping it. Sure, the wife is doing a very noble thing by adopting... 3 kids, one of which pregnant when she's minimum wage at 20. Holy gently caress, ok that can work with a shitton of work, you're a better person than me for sure. Also I'm not sure if she knows what she's getting into.

But the focus isn't the wife, it's the OP. He's 22, doesn't think he's ready to be a dad (fair), doesn't think they can realistically support 3 kids off of two min wage jobs (fair), and there's some weird sentiment about wanting his kids to be related to him by blood (questionable). The last point is a hot topic and entwined with abortion/adoption etc. It's a "selfish" sentiment only in that it's not as generous/benevolent as adoption. But a person's will/want/right to reproduction is kind of a fundamental thing -- I personally will never be a parent, yet would never berate a person for daring to have their own offspring instead of adoption. So his final point is kinda weak, but it's a common sentiment, not a wrong one per se, and also rather more common with younger people.

I just can't really find him to he an rear end in a top hat, even if the setup leaves him being super cold-hearted. Another persons toxic/poor decision making is having knock-on effects, and he's 22 years old and doesn't want that burden, and his wife making that decision for him is rough.

I can't blame him for bailing.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

bell jar posted:

she was tired from work and he wanted to change that

Boo this man.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Serephina posted:

Boo this man.

True lug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for thinking about leaving my wife because she is adopting her nieces and nephew?

The lady is trying to become a 20 year old grandma :cry: