Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I've also slept really well in the back of an HH-60G both in flight on cross country flights, and sitting alert in the middle of bumfuck, Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
One time I slept in the trunk of a humvee. It wasn't very restful.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Slept hard in the satellite truck shelters, since they have industrial AC units to regulate equipment and the white noise from the equipment fans drowned out any haters.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
I remember moving the pouches for my 40mm grenades higher up on my chest so I could rest my chin on them easier while sleeping on Chinook rides to objectives.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Wasabi the J posted:

Slept hard in the satellite truck shelters, since they have industrial AC units to regulate equipment and the white noise from the equipment fans drowned out any haters.

There were shelters for receiving hf morse burst comms which were not only air conditioned, but sound deadened. That was some comfortable napping.

Weirdest place I was able to fall asleep; hood of a 2 1/2 ton leaned up against the windshield.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I used to work in a data center and one of our environments could only be accessed from a terminal located in a remote corner at the end of a hot aisle. The sound of the equipment and the nearby chiller combined with the gentle warm breeze was guaranteed to knock you out, especially if you were there after lunch.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

EBB posted:

Shotgun of a humvee on a freezing night with the heater on blast and running completely blacked out. Pretty much wedged in there because body armor, web gear, goretex, rifle, and all the radio/computer poo poo next to me. That's about the closest I've gotten to re-experiencing the womb.

Tc spot in a Humvee while geared up is amazing. There’s nowhere to move, you can just slide the hand mic in your helmet and doze off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best night of sleep I've ever had was under a log during survival training.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

subterfudge posted:

I remember moving the pouches for my 40mm grenades higher up on my chest so I could rest my chin on them easier while sleeping on Chinook rides to objectives.

I did the same poo poo with one of my 9mm magazine slots on my Eagles vest.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
RE: Brexit

On Referendum Day, My wife and I went and cast our vote and then had to listen to a white South African immigrant shout in the loudest terms how he voted Leave because he knew first hand how bad immigration was for a "proper white country".

At that point, I knew we were hosed.

Obvs, we both voted Remain because we're not blinkered fuckheads.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

goomsnarr posted:

RE: Brexit

On Referendum Day, My wife and I went and cast our vote and then had to listen to a white South African immigrant shout in the loudest terms how he voted Leave because he knew first hand how bad immigration was for a "proper white country".

At that point, I knew we were hosed.

Obvs, we both voted Remain because we're not blinkered fuckheads.

To be fair, very few countries have had a worse experience with immigrants than South Africa. He just got the roles reversed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

To be fair, very few countries have had a worse experience with immigrants than South Africa. He just got the roles reversed.

:perfect:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ValerieBreiman/status/1109174141792321537

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ravi Eitan died. He captured Eichmann.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47682454

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahaha

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfbjmEtf_DY

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The man make a tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1109787378242240514?s=19

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
He was golfing with Kid Rock yesterday which is why he was away from the twitter

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-kid-rock-golf-mueller-report-taxpayer-mar-lago-florida-1373251

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

He was golfing with Kid Rock yesterday which is why he was away from the twitter

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-kid-rock-golf-mueller-report-taxpayer-mar-lago-florida-1373251

I will never understand the mental gymnastics that go through the head of anyone who decides wearing the flag is a good idea on any level.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Richard Bong posted:

Tc spot in a Humvee while geared up is amazing. There’s nowhere to move, you can just slide the hand mic in your helmet and doze off.

I remember racking out once after driving a MRC-138 out into the woods for a couple hours. Laying down on the center in between the seats with the drivetrain still warm from the drive underneath you, propped up by the PRC-119 on my back. Body armor meant it didn't dig into your back too bad, and helmet was just right to rest against the radio to keep your head propped up. Stick a handset into each side of your helmet with squelch off. White noise, a warm bed, and a nice reclined angle.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the best part of being a medic was having my own m997 to sleep in by myself

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Milo and POTUS posted:

*tapping head meme* Can't get accosted for stolen valor if people think you'll shoot them

That shift knob seems, uh, dangerous.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Did anybody else notice the sleeve?

Ok then. I'm the subdued reverse american flag on the sleeve, so it looks like I'm carrying the flag when I run (from the meter maids ticketing my jitney)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think grunt style does that on their shirts, so I wonder what really cool totally not insecure phrase is on it.

E: it's this one I hope

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 24, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Slim Pickens posted:

I think grunt style does that on their shirts, so I wonder what really cool totally not insecure phrase is on it.

"My dick is gun"?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Phileeeeeeep/status/1109628087661150208?s=19

lmao

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I guarantee that dude records himself calling people out for stolen valor.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
so there i was - no poo poo - in the sandbox

in the sandbox fred?

yeah, you know, the stripper joint off the interstate goin' south

isn't that the sand castle

shut up dude i'm tryin to tell a story here

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Maybe the the part on the other side says "Proud Relative of a..."

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
IBA with the collar on and the old Kevlars combined together perfectly that you could just told your head back and have it resting in the collar, but your head still looked upright.

Combine with sunglasses, and stealth sitting naps, yeah!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So what ever happened to Two Scoops being interviewed by Mueller? Last thing I remember is they gave him the OK to provide written answers. Any chance they've got the dumb fucker in written, black-and-white, "Here is how and when the president lied under oath in his own written report, here's the proof that even you can't deny"?

Looking forward to Republican Senators denying it if that happens.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm the starbucks chocolate milk bottle.

Or am I the lonely jolly rancher?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I compensate for not being able to serve by volunteering with the Red Cross's SAF. I could have saved so much time and energy just buying stickers for my car!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

RandomPauI posted:

I compensate for not being able to serve by volunteering with the Red Cross's SAF. I could have saved so much time and energy just buying stickers for my car!

My little brother really wanted to serve, but developed type 1 diabetes at 4 years old. Probably would have enjoyed it. My older brother and I both did four years active in the army while the little one was young and impressionable. He's better off not having served in the military, but he still has attachments to the idea and the chud poo poo that revolves around it. Gonna kick him in the shin if I ever see him cosplaying operator.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RandomPauI posted:

The doggos in your av are great :3:

I'm kinda puzzled by the despair a lot of posters itt have over the Muller memo. I think there's no magic bullet to get rid of Trump, you will have to do things the old fashioned way and beat him at the ballot box. I also think 95% of the around 40% of your people who always tell your pollsters that they approve of him would never abandon him for anything that could be in the report. Most definitely not for obstruction of justice in an investigation that they saw as illegal all along.

Nothing much changed, but the upside is that he's still stuck at around 40 % approval rating. He is beatable if Democrats nominate a halfway competent and likeable candidate.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Torrannor posted:

if Democrats nominate a halfway competent and likeable candidate.

this part concerns me the most

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

if Democrats nominate a halfway competent and likeable candidate.

The party is doing its best to avoid that. Which reminds me I need to throw more money at Bernie now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
to be fair im kinda thankful for things like Grunt Style and Punisher logos because it saves me a few minutes of conversation to figure out if they're human garbage