Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Chichevache posted:

When I think Russia, I think meticulous, calculated competence.

https://youtu.be/w4FUqLJBums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Force de Fappe posted:

The Mueller report is going to be one of the great orgasm denials of history.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. gently caress this stupid poo poo. gently caress Trump. gently caress all the motherfuckers who are going to say NO COLLUSION HURRRRRRRRR OH ARE YOU TRIGGERED LOL gently caress LIBTARDS AM I RIGHT FELLOW CHUDS HUHUHIHIHHHH

Just because they couldn't prove it beyind a reasonable doubt DOESN'T mean that these scheming, conniving fucks DIDN'T collude. Also, it doesn't invalidate the fact that Trump is a narcissistic sociopath lying piece of poo poo whose entire administration is corrupt from the top down who is ruining our country and actively harming national security and pretty much everything.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

D&D gonna be on fire tonight.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. gently caress this stupid poo poo. gently caress Trump. gently caress all the motherfuckers who are going to say NO COLLUSION HURRRRRRRRR OH ARE YOU TRIGGERED LOL gently caress LIBTARDS AM I RIGHT FELLOW CHUDS HUHUHIHIHHHH

Just because they couldn't prove it beyind a reasonable doubt DOESN'T mean that these scheming, conniving fucks DIDN'T collude. Also, it doesn't invalidate the fact that Trump is a narcissistic sociopath lying piece of poo poo whose entire administration is corrupt from the top down who is ruining our country and actively harming national security and pretty much everything.

If it's any consolation, they were going to say that anyway. Nixon still had like 20% support when he resigned. My hope is that realizing they can't blame Russia anymore, the democratic party adjusts their party platform to better re.....ahahahahahahaha nevermind.

I don't know what to tell you. Vote, organize, be the change you want to see. Change will never come from the people who enjoy the benefits of the status quo.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1109905855133171713

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1109918388133023744

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
What a shock that the man Trump appointed because he wrote an op-ed about how Trump was innocent (when he fired Comey) has issued a summary saying that Trump is innocent.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hang on, I thought the Mueller report ended with a wet fart on Friday?

So no one has actually seen the report outside of the AG and assuming Trump is thus in the loop hence his smug tweet today?

Yeah nobody knows jack poo poo besides the few people who have actually read it (or wrote it) so it's fantastically dumb that everyone is/was saying it ended up being nothing.

It still might be nothing but we sure as gently caress don't know that yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just finished reading. It's more damning in the context of the whole paragraph. We're not done yet. Thing is, it's left to the AG so we kind of are done for now.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah nobody knows jack poo poo besides the few people who have actually read it (or wrote it) so it's fantastically dumb that everyone is/was saying it ended up being nothing.

It still might be nothing but we sure as gently caress don't know that yet.

The world is a gently caress, man.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

Just finished reading. It's more damning in the context of the whole paragraph. We're not done yet. Thing is, it's left to the AG so we kind of are done for now.

The AG is Bill "Iran-contra never happened" Barr.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EBB posted:

There's another section where he says that he and Rod have determined there was no obstruction of justice because Trump was too dumb to actually obstruct a specific investigation.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

EBB posted:

It's going to more be about what Barr releases, how much he releases, and how quickly Democrats' subpoenas get acted upon to release the full report. Obstruction-type actions/crimes are very thoroughly in Congress's lane, so it's just a matter of time before that stuff gets released out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Wow guess we're gonna have to actually run a Democratic candidate with substantial policies that would benefit the overwhelming majority of Americans instead

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Innocence by incompetence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh btw russia is landing troops in venezuela according to reuters

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

EBB posted:

I think I'm reading too far into it or misreading this (probably looking for a silver lining), but doesn't this basically say "There's evidence for and against the President, and I can't determine if charges should be filed."? Isn't that what a grand jury is for (though in the case of the president, the grand jury is the House filing impeachment proceedings)?

Like I said, my personal bias might be clouding my reading. I'll wait till the actual report comes out.

e: vvv

boo

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 24, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

As Nero Danced posted:

I think I'm reading too far into it or misreading this (probably looking for a silver lining), but doesn't this basically say "There's evidence for and against the President, and I can't determine if charges should be filed."? Isn't that what a grand jury is for (though in the case of the president, the grand jury is the House filing impeachment proceedings)?

Like I said, my personal bias might be clouding my reading. I'll wait till the actual report comes out.

It's a punt to Barr.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

"Two Russian air force planes landed at Venezuela's main airport on Saturday carrying a Russian defense official and nearly 100 troops, according to media reports, amid strengthening ties between Caracas and Moscow.

A flight-tracking website showed that two planes left from a Russian military airport bound for Caracas on Friday, and another flight-tracking site showed that one plane left Caracas on Sunday.

That comes three months after the two nations held military exercises on Venezuelan soil that President Nicolas Maduro called a sign of strengthening relations, but which Washington criticized as Russian encroachment in the region.

Reporter Javier Mayorca wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the first plane carried Vasily Tonkoshkurov, chief of staff of the ground forces, adding the second was a cargo plane carrying 35 tonnes of material."

Sounds like a companies worth of Russians, probably light infantry or airborne.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I got an alert from my Reuter’s app saying as much but can’t find anything about this

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Didn't he say the report was bullshit? So if the report is bullshit, and it exonerated him... :thunk:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

As Nero Danced posted:

That's what the special counsel said. Barr said this on page 3 in literally the next paragraph:

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."

"In making this determination, we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that "the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference," and that, while not determinative, the absence of such evidence bears upon the President's intent with respect to obstruction. Generally speaking, to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction, the government would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person, acting with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgement, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's what the special counsel said. Barr said this on page 3 in literally the next paragraph:

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."

"In making this determination, we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that "the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference," and that, while not determinative, the absence of such evidence bears upon the President's intent with respect to obstruction. Generally speaking, to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction, the government would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person, acting with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgement, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense."

Well, poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I got an alert from my Reuter’s app saying as much but can’t find anything about this

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics/russian-air-force-planes-land-in-venezuela-carrying-troops-reports-idUSKCN1R50NB

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fox News says literally this right now though

It’s time for Democrats to bang another drum. Regardless if Trump did or didn’t, it’s not going to work as a talking point anymore. Move on.

Basically, stop waiting for or trying to get the other team to shoot themselves in the foot and vote for someone worth electing instead.

colachute fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 24, 2019

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
This was never going to be over by Christmas. Don't be optimists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgLAuZdutM

Meanwhile, is anyone still looking at the long-running 'Trump has been financed by Russian money laundering for years' angle?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i have firm faith in the DNC's ability to successfully move on

hey anyone got some of that moon cheese i can get at?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Maybe my history isn't up to snuff but it seems that politics has evolved from "here is why our candidate is better than their candidate" to "here is why their candidate is worse than our candidate" and it's funny if not tragic.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

colachute posted:

Maybe my history isn't up to snuff but it seems that politics has evolved from "here is why our candidate is better than their candidate" to "here is why their candidate is worse than our candidate" and it's funny if not tragic.

because both sides are bought by the rich and the only real difference is one side tells you openly theyre going to make your life miserable

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Nancy and Chuck called their shot:

https://twitter.com/sambrodey/status/1109933554245554179

Also, the topic of Mueller isn't coming up on the campaign trail, at all, per the candidates and non-cable news media. Twitter and Cable News aren't actually real - nearly all of the stuff on this thread's page is in progress at the candidate-level already.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Also, the topic of Mueller isn't coming up on the campaign trail, at all, per the candidates and non-cable news media. Twitter and Cable News aren't actually real - nearly all of the stuff on this thread's page is in progress at the candidate-level already.
Pretty much this.

It's loving clown shoes to keep hearing that "DeM cAnDIDaTeS oNlY tALk AbOut rUsSiA aNd CoLlUsIoN" from talking heads on twitter and the nothing matters brigade.

Even the most mainstream suc dems have been seemingly avoided leaning too hard on the Russia/Mueller investigation while campaigning over the last couple of months. Maybe when candidates were campaigning for midterms, they made it a point to "protect Mueller" but since then, everyone else has been seemingly hush hush about it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

C'mon SDNY. I pay my NY taxes. Make me proud.

Best Friends posted:

My senior enlisted leaders put a giant punisher logo on the unit picture. It's hanging in my house because I was too stupid to save any other unit pictures.

owned

I feel like I should put that kind of unit photo up whenever I want to feel down about myself. A modern day memento mori.

Just got a promotion? Feel good? Now look at the punisher skull.

https://i.imgur.com/by0Hr4M.gifv

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Best Friends posted:

My senior enlisted leaders put a giant punisher logo on the unit picture. It's hanging in my house because I was too stupid to save any other unit pictures.

owned

Make a high resolution scan of the photo, photoshop/gimp the skull out, reprint and frame. Then jam the original in a manila envelope in the back of your filing cabinet and don't look at it for twenty years.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

kupachek posted:

Make a high resolution scan of the photo, photoshop/gimp the skull out, reprint and frame. Then jam the original in a manila envelope in the back of your filing cabinet and don't look at it for twenty years.

Your grandkids are going to find it and think "gently caress, Gramps was one of those people."

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

to be fair im kinda thankful for things like Grunt Style and Punisher logos because it saves me a few minutes of conversation to figure out if they're human garbage

:) :hf: :)

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
So Russia is going to get away with landing troops in South America and we aren't going to do jack poo poo because everyone is screaming about this steaming shitheap Mueller report

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Reign Of Pain posted:

So Russia is going to get away with landing troops in South America and we aren't going to do jack poo poo because everyone is screaming about this steaming shitheap Mueller report

yes we absolutely should start another conflict because our fragile ego needs constantly reassurance

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Reign Of Pain posted:

Letting your opponent waste their money and lives "nation building" for a few decades and waiting it out worked for them, we can let it work for us.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

In today’s edition of “Things That Did Not Age Well:”

This is on the same street on which Jared and Ivanka live.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

Letting your opponent waste their money and lives "nation building" for a few decades and waiting it out worked for them, we can let it work for us.

I do believe it's their turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Much like Benjamin Ghazi got us those buttery males, Mueller got us Michael Cohen. If anything results in criminal charges against Trump, it'll be that (plus the tax and real estate poo poo that is currently being investigated by NY state and the illegal contributions to the inauguration committe).

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 24, 2019