Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
like, "welp now congress might have to make him release the report if he doesn't" and "barr may have spiked the investigation" are both important hypotheses to follow up on, but i don't get the increase in wailing and gnashing of teeth

edit

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Those tweets are gone. Screen cap poo poo if you can folks...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Or he’ll be made into Ronald Regan 2

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is this the mattering? I can't tell if this is the mattering or not.

NO - it's an anti-mattering. It annihilates the mattering on contact.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

like, "welp now congress might have to make him release the report if he doesn't" and "barr may have spiked the investigation" are both important hypotheses to follow up on, but i don't get the increase in wailing and gnashing of teeth

It's a chance to say "I told you so", who wouldn't pass that up?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pollyanna posted:

It's a chance to say "I told you so", who wouldn't pass that up?

good point, carry on

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah at the end of the day most people don't give a poo poo but man does it seem like an enormous waste of time and money if mueller didn't make any actual conclusions.

Didn’t he actually make money for the government as a result of all the financial crimes he uncovered?

Which is actually damning in its own way of our legal system because the entire Trump team should have been put away for white collar crimes years and years before the 2016 election.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Blattdorf posted:

Undeniably establishing that Hillary together with Obama and a bunch of other high-ranking people sold highly confidential information to foreign actors, and that they invented the Russia collusion scheme to avoid scrutiny would probably perhaps maybe make people reconsider a few things.

The economy still needs fixing, though.

drat, didnt know obama and clinton were running in 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

No it won't. If you believe the media, you already don't like Trump, and vice versa.

That's the problem--he's such a braying unlikeable jackass that opinions of him were already baked in long ago. There aren't any undecideds in his approval ratings because he hasn't allowed there to be any--you either like him or you can't stand him.

this, even if this is the end of the mueller show, trump isn't gonna get a giant forever bump on his polls and he is too stupid and petty to learn and better himself. he is gonna keep doing dumb awful poo poo and then the economy will pop.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this. i want to see the full report, once i see that i will be happy/accepting of what it says. outside of that, the dems should keep focusing on policy and good poo poo like that.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm legit not sure why we're having a meltdown over the letter

bill barr bad, so what

i think it's extremely funny that Bill Barr made this all about how he's covering up for Trump in a way that guarantees we'll get way more details about what actually was said

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If this was October 2020 this would be bad I’ll admit that.

We’re 20 months away from the election. twenty. How many years is that in Trump time?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lightning Knight posted:

Well I just got the push notification from BBC. Today is my birthday so I don’t really want to babysit you guys but please don’t meltdown over Mueller tia.

LMAO, happy birthday but you're delusional. Just log out for the day. :)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We’re 20 months away from the election. twenty. How many years is that in Trump time?

this. let part of the house deal with this and let the canidates and the rest of the house make some actual loving policy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
in case you're wondering, Fox has been nonstop "WHEN WILL DEMOCRATS BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR LIES" and poo poo like asking Karl Rove how he felt he he was also cleared of all accusations by a special council and thus proven 100% innocent like Trump. So, ya know, there's the week's talking points for those guys

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Again, Donald J Trump cost millions of people an entire month’s pay, bragged endlessly about doing so, and then actively fought to make sure they would never see a cent of the money they were owed for the work they were still forced to put in regardless and they all forgave him within a week. From here to 2020 is about as long as from here to 20020.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. let part of the house deal with this

They can't do anything.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

House Dems: "Give us this"

White House: "lmao go gently caress yourselves"

Courts: "That's legal"

repeat forever

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fart Amplifier posted:

They can't do anything.

its called getting the full report. they have that power.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Well I just got the push notification from BBC. Today is my birthday so I don’t really want to babysit you guys but please don’t meltdown over Mueller tia.

1) happy birthday
2) lol good luck

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm not even that shocked by the news. I wouldn't be shocked if Barr is misrepresenting what's actually in the report. I don't have any faith right now that the U.S. is capable of fixing any of it's problems.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

in case you're wondering, Fox has been nonstop "WHEN WILL DEMOCRATS BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR LIES" and poo poo like asking Karl Rove how he felt he he was also cleared of all accusations by a special council and thus proven 100% innocent like Trump. So, ya know, there's the week's talking points for those guys

the thing that's so weird about the right is even if this said he was 100 percent guilty of everything they'd claim mueller was a left wing partisan (like dinesh said lmao).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I can't believe that modern Russia has done so much better in undermining the US than the old Soviet Union could have ever dreamed of

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish I was as blessed by heaven and earth as the golden child here apparently is

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ms Adequate posted:

I can't believe that modern Russia has done so much better in undermining the US than the old Soviet Union could have ever dreamed of

"they" got us involved in (or at least were the excuse for) catastrophic wars in vietnam and korea and criminal actions in central and south america so i don't know about that.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Well at least it’s over.

Narrator: "It wasn't."

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
There's gotta be a post somewhere where someone wrote out Barr's history of protecting presidents and their associates through legal maneuvering and pardons and how once he was made AG this was a foregone conclusion. He was very specific about how the process would work once he became A.G. in that he told the senate Mueller would report to him and then would he would report to them.
If Mueller actually was what Trump claimed him to be, an angry conflicted democrat, perhaps there would be a difference in whats happening now but I guess he was just another cop.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trazz posted:

its not over at all. barr's job was to muddy the water for few days/week and the house is probably gonna go into overdrive with report stuff and other investigations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

About several hundred millennia.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr_Moose posted:

If Mueller actually was what Trump claimed him to be, an angry conflicted democrat, perhaps there would be a difference in whats happening now but I guess he was just another cop.

the fbi under mueller entrapped pathetic lonely muslim men to justify the war on terror.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Watching people who should know better treat the letter as if it was the full Mueller report is a trip.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Hey, he lived an otherwise blameless life.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

One thing to consider is that Trump is probably going to say something incredibly dumb in the next week that will render this entire effort to bury the report wasted.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kenlon posted:

Watching people who should know better treat the letter as if it was the full Mueller report is a trip.

This is how it's going to be treated in the media.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Trazz posted:

Is for me. I’ve always felt that this investigation was a red herring, and the only way to rid ourselves of trump would be finding a way in 2020 to overcome all the obstacles keeping us in minority rule and win the senate and presidency back.

That battle is still ahead of us, and well, I’m not going to let this always worthless investigation kill my drive to do everything I can to make 2020 the victory it needs to be for my two little kids.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zophar posted:

One thing to consider is that Trump is probably going to say something incredibly dumb in the next week that will render this entire effort to bury the report wasted.

Quick, someone mention John McCain to him!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

edit

Despair is easy, I guess.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kenlon posted:

Man, i'm just loving tired. I just want a pony and a clean "its bad" and not to have to quibble over how a poo poo like Barr shouldn't have come 12 city blocks from the position he's in and gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zophar posted:

i mean he is already loving it up as has barr. its clearly obvious that he tried to bury it and trump is saying poo poo like this https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1109922067670020096

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Flapjack Monty posted:

House Dems: "Give us this"

White House: "lmao go gently caress yourselves"

Courts: "That's legal"

repeat forever

i imagine you're at least half nothingmatters shitposting, but for people needing reminders about the ins and outs (including, uh, me), here's a couple articles

Congressional Subpoenas Vs Executive Privilege Stuff:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congressional-subpoena-power-and-executive-privilege-coming-showdown-between-branches

tldr: as a general question, it's complicated and weird

Vox on this specific issue, from the halcyon ancient days of Friday afternoon:

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/22/18277872/mueller-report-finished-bill-barr-congress-public

tldr: Bill Barr says he's committed to transparency but trusting the words that come out of his word-hole is probably not a good idea and in the absence of subpoenas he probably has DOJ-policy wiggle room to redact things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Man, i'm just loving tired. I just want a pony and a clean "its bad" and not to have to quibble over how a poo poo like Barr shouldn't have come 12 city blocks from the position he's in and gently caress.

that will probably happen in a week or so.