Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
“No mercy! Stab the parents of these fuckin’ crack babies!” —why Mr. Gibson, I didn’t realize you had a forums account!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for being upset about a "prank" my girlfriend pulled on me?

quote:

This past Friday, my girlfriend and I had a small get together at our apartment where I proceeded to get very drunk. I'm not a very experienced drinker. My girlfriend put me to bed early in the night. The next morning, I wake up very hungover and thirsty. I see that there is a water bottle on my night stand with a sticky note that says "water" on it. I thought this was weird at the time, because what else would it be? Very thankful that I didn't have to get up to get water, I proceed to chug the "water" only to quickly realize that it was actually vodka and then vomit all over our bed. At that point, my girlfriend woke up and was very angry at me.

I felt very bad, I didn't realize at the time that my girlfriend had left the bottle there, so I got up and cleaned everything up even though I felt like dog poo poo. She denied putting the "water" there so I just thought one of our friends did it. It was a lovely thing to do, but I got over it until later that day one of the people there that night tagged me in an Instagram video of my girlfriend basically setting up the prank. It shows her pouring vodka into a water bottle and saying how funny it's going to be while her friend filming it is telling her she's being a dick and she just laughs and says "hair of the dog" then howls.

I confronted my girlfriend about this and she thinks the video is hilarious and sees no problem with it. I told her if she really didn't remember doing this, then she has a drinking problem. It was a very cruel thing to do. She said I was overreacting and being sensitive.

Edit: I really don't think she lied. I think she probably did it in a blackout.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

You both need to break up and find a sponsor.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pirate Radar posted:

“No mercy! Stab the parents of these fuckin’ crack babies!” —why Mr. Gibson, I didn’t realize you had a forums account!

No no, stab their balls first...

Haifisch posted:

Oof that's rough. Like, dangerous. Still if she was equally wasted you can probably safely write it off as 'well I'm glad I didn't accidentally get hospitalized, lets never do that again though'

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 25, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally someone in this thread actually being gaslit so I can use the word outside of talking about how much i hate the new Mary Poppins movie

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
My hot take is that trying to send your partner to hospital to get their stomach pumped isn't really a prank.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Xik posted:

My hot take is that trying to send your partner to hospital to get their stomach pumped isn't really a prank.

yeah it blows but apparently she was wasted too, than again if she sees nothing wrong with it through sober eyes she might be a loving nutball

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

yeah it blows but apparently she was wasted too, than again if she sees nothing wrong with it through sober eyes she might be a loving nutball

It doesnt say anywhere she is wasted, just that she sent him to bed early.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Barudak posted:

It doesnt say anywhere she is wasted, just that she sent him to bed early.

Eh, I just inferred it from the edit where he says:

quote:

Edit: I really don't think she lied. I think she probably did it in a blackout.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for suing my ex for child support that I don't need.

My ex and I split when he was a resident. Now he's a surgeon. I'm a lawyer, so I make good money on my own. I have custody of our daughter and he has visitation every other weekend. He's been paying me a small amount child support that I've been using for treats or putting into a college fund. However, now that he is a surgeon, he's making significantly more, and I'm taking him to court for an adjustment. A lot of friends and family are calling me greedy for pursuing child support when I could raise her easily without it, but I think I'm entitled to the money so I can grow her college fund faster. AITA?

Since I have written it 100 times in the comments, my ex chose this custody arrangement and has declined to work this out in mediation. He currently pays $50/month, as is standard for a non custodial parent making under $50k/year.

Ok, I’m done with this post. Those of you who are saying things like “NTA if you REALLY spend it on your child,” I urge you to reassess why you implicitly think I’m being deceptive with what I’ve said here. Those of you calling me a greedy bitch and think men shouldn’t be obligated to pay for their own kids, I implore you to reassess your views on women, but I know it won’t matter :)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Balogna Head posted:

This one really speaks to me. My inlaws (MIL, FIL, SIL-2) all poo poo on my other SIL-1 for years (SIL-2 and FIL's new GF still do, regularly, to her face). I have heard SIL's sister and parents refer to her as the dumb one, to her face. When SIL-1 decided to become a paramedic, her family literally told her she was too dumb to go to school in a medical field.

To her credit, SIL-1 is now a practicing paramedic, owns her own home and is in a good relationship. SIL-2 is miserable, single, and is probably torpedoing a solid career by job-hopping (from admittedly one high-powered/high-paying job to the next, but eventually people are going to stop hiring someone who routinely jumps ship every 3-12 months).

I cannot loving stand parents who choose a favourite, and can't even be bothered to have the human decency to pretend that they don't think their other child/ren are lesser.

I don't think the OP was saying the daughter was dumb, just that medicine may not be the field for her if it's taking a lot of work to just be average. Oddly, people can be smart at different things. There's a lot of stress and not everyone will end up being House. Think of the shittiest GP in the shittiest clinic - they completed medicine. The daughter may be dedicated and driven, but from all accounts, medicine can be a soul crushing beast.

My wife started a medical degree but quickly realised she wasn't going to handle the stress of either study or the work. She changed to radiography and now works happily as a sonographer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Get every mother loving dollar out of the dude and ignore anybody telling you otherwise.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for walking out of a restaurant with the guy I’m dating because he was in a bad mood.

I’ve been dating a guy for two months. Throughout this time I’ve felt like I’m on an emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes he’s in a great mood, is affectionate and nice but others he is very cold, distant, and moody. He often rants on text message about things that are annoying him or stressing him out and I’ve always listened and given him space to vent.

Friday night we went out for dinner and as soon as I arrived at the restaurant I could tell he was in a bad mood. He grunted hello, was giving me one word answers and didn’t seem to want to speak to me. I complimented him on his outfit and told him he looked nice to which he said: “I was going to say the same to you but I can’t be bothered.” He very rarely pays me compliments and it hurt to hear him say this especially as id really made an effort to look good.

Id been excited about going out with him and had been looking forward to dinner but his coldness completely threw me. I asked him if he was ok and he just replied that he was in a bad mood. I asked why and he said ‘I don’t know, I just am. I don’t need to have a reason, deal with it.’ I know he’s stressed with work at the moment but I felt so uncomfortable with how he was behaving that I said instead of sitting in silence and having an awkward dinner I’d rather go home. To clarify, this was the third time he had behaved like this towards me but the previous two times I hadn’t said anything.

He blew up at me at this point and said I was over reacting and that it was his right to be in a bad mood if he wanted to. I said I’d leave him to it, got up and left.

Since then he’s messaged me saying I’m pathetic, a drama queen and that I am obviously used to men ‘kissing my rear end’ which he is not prepared to do. AITA here guys for walking out like that? I’m feeling really bad right now.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for walking out of a restaurant with the guy I’m dating because he was in a bad mood.

I’ve been dating a guy for two months. Throughout this time I’ve felt like I’m on an emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes he’s in a great mood, is affectionate and nice but others he is very cold, distant, and moody. He often rants on text message about things that are annoying him or stressing him out and I’ve always listened and given him space to vent.

Friday night we went out for dinner and as soon as I arrived at the restaurant I could tell he was in a bad mood. He grunted hello, was giving me one word answers and didn’t seem to want to speak to me. I complimented him on his outfit and told him he looked nice to which he said: “I was going to say the same to you but I can’t be bothered.” He very rarely pays me compliments and it hurt to hear him say this especially as id really made an effort to look good.

Id been excited about going out with him and had been looking forward to dinner but his coldness completely threw me. I asked him if he was ok and he just replied that he was in a bad mood. I asked why and he said ‘I don’t know, I just am. I don’t need to have a reason, deal with it.’ I know he’s stressed with work at the moment but I felt so uncomfortable with how he was behaving that I said instead of sitting in silence and having an awkward dinner I’d rather go home. To clarify, this was the third time he had behaved like this towards me but the previous two times I hadn’t said anything.

He blew up at me at this point and said I was over reacting and that it was his right to be in a bad mood if he wanted to. I said I’d leave him to it, got up and left.

Since then he’s messaged me saying I’m pathetic, a drama queen and that I am obviously used to men ‘kissing my rear end’ which he is not prepared to do. AITA here guys for walking out like that? I’m feeling really bad right now.

quote:

“I was going to say the same to you but I can’t be bothered.”

gently caress this bipolar autist, date someone who dosn't make you want to brain them with a wine bottle just to see how physically hosed up it is.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Hey look, its the rear end in a top hat child only now they've grown up or at least larger and are posting on SA!

A) 'Just move away' is the goddamn stupidest thing I've ever heard, especially if they were there before these lovely children. Do you actually live away from your parents?

B) They're swearing at him and being the larval form of lovely adults. Which scans since the parents are equally garbage.

C) if nobody or at least, nobody as lovely as you clearly are, gives a poo poo than that means you're on your own which means its a free range.

D) The dude clearly works which means the dude clearly has more important poo poo to do in his life than pick up after the neighborhood crack babies

I'd make a stick with a knife on the end and just spear every ball and scrape it off on their side of the fence till they figure it the gently caress out, if their parents try some poo poo you can use it there as well.

lmao excellent dot point presentation, you have never interacted with a child, thanks for letting us know

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Xik posted:

Yes, because drinking a little bit of vodka the morning after you get drunk requires a stomach pump?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

bell jar posted:

lmao excellent dot point presentation, you have never interacted with a child, thanks for letting us know

You're posting at me so thats not entirely true is it?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PASS THE MASH posted:

Yes, because drinking a little bit of vodka the morning after you get drunk requires a stomach pump?

loving lightweights in this thread

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bell jar posted:

Yes, children must be allowed to antagonize you, berate you, and harass you, or you are a monster. This is a well known fact.

Motherfucker posted:

You're posting at me so thats not entirely true is it?

poo poo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

PASS THE MASH posted:

Its more like, if you awaken in the night still black out wasted and nail the whole bottle, which is a real danger. Bonus points if the only person around to help you is also wasted.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yes, children must be allowed to antagonize you, berate you, and harass you, or you are a monster. This is a well known fact.

*ball goes into yard*
i am being antagonized, berated, harassed, someone call cps a child is swearing at me
:goonsay:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

PASS THE MASH posted:

Dude says he was an inexperienced drinker, got black out drunk and the partner intentionally put a glass of spirits next to him knowing he would probably scull that sucker?? I've seen petite people who are inexperienced drinkers have to go to hospital after half a box of those minimal alcohol flavoured vodka drinks, like multiple times.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

bell jar posted:

*ball goes into yard*
i am being antagonized, berated, harassed, someone call cps a child is swearing at me

Its good to know you're cool with picking up other peoples poo poo all day but could you do something about your own?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bell jar posted:

*ball goes into yard*

Good job, you distilled the OP down into the exact form that supports your argument! You get a star! See the joke here is that you're a child so i am treating you like one

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it says a lot that you can't empathise with children and your response to them is violent ideation but goo goo gaa gaa me poopy me pants so what do i know

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

Its more like, if you awaken in the night still black out wasted and nail the whole bottle, which is a real danger. Bonus points if the only person around to help you is also wasted.

If you mistakenly drink vodka instead of water, and have a functioning brainstem, you'll probably ingest under a tablespoon, and cough/spit/shamefully waste the rest. Nobody is going to accidentally drink 16oz of vodka.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Motherfucker posted:

When you are dehydrated you pretty quickly realize that the taste in your mouth is the opposite of what you are looking for and spit it out because it is gross.

I knew social circles in college where this was done a few times, just remember hearing stories about it. Some of those people were actual sociopathic assholes I would hate to fall asleep around, but it was generally regarded as a good prank.

It's risky, I guess, as is young people's social alcohol consumption, broadly.

The dumbass part was sharing a bed with the prankee, because they're probably going to spit it all over, and vomiting seems possible. She can't get mad, really, but I guess it depends if you believe that she was blackout drunk.

There's a little information we're missing, like if this was a common prank among these people.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

bell jar posted:

it says a lot that you can't empathise with children and your response to them is violent ideation but goo goo gaa gaa me poopy me pants so what do i know

Listen Jared you can love and 'empathise' with them while they call you a loving idiot and pelt your house with rocks or whatever because you didn't give their ball back for the sixth time that day but real rear end adults don't have time for that poo poo as you may one day find out.

xtal posted:

Have you ever had vodka before? If you mistakenly drink vodka instead of water, and have a functioning brainstem, you'll probably ingest under a tablespoon, and cough/spit/shamefully waste the rest.

If you're truely hosed up the rational you who makes choices like that simply ain't in there, my dude. thats what being black out drunk is

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

If you're truely hosed up the rational you who makes choices like that simply ain't in there, my dude. thats what being black out drunk is

Right, which is why I mentioned that it would be an automatic, involuntary response. And don't try to tell me about being blackout drunk!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

xtal posted:

Right, which is why I mentioned that it would be an automatic, involuntary response. And don't try to tell me about being blackout drunk!

I'm blackout drunk right now bitchh

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Listen Jared you can love and 'empathise' with them while they call you a loving idiot and pelt your house with rocks or whatever because you didn't give their ball back for the sixth time that day but real rear end adults don't have time for that poo poo as you may one day find out.

nice meltdown

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bell jar posted:

nice meltdown

says the guy that keeps melting down. You consistently post stupid bullshit, just shut the gently caress up

Edit: I'm sorry, that was really harsh. You said to empathize with children, so I'm making an effort here.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 25, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Gf (28F) is draining me (27M) out. I can't take it anymore

quote:

I've been in a long-term relationship with my gf (28M). Lately, I've started to realize being with my gf makes me stressed and anxious. She is too controlling, bossy and I feel very immature. For instance, when I'm going for a walk with her, I'm supposed to walk to the right side, walk in a single pace, carry her bags and my bags, use both the straps of my bag (She wants me carrying my bag in a certain way). She acts I'm embarrassing her in public. She gets pissed easily. In addition, she constantly gives me slaps or pinches me hard. I told her several times it ruins my mood and I feel emotionally drained. The slaps aren't too hard most of the time but the constant blows to my face in public, pulling hair is making me exhausted. Sometimes I've had blue and red marks on my arm. I usually never cry but one time I had to go to the washroom during a date to cry. I'm always the one to visit her, travel 1 hour to see her and she never comes here. She goes like "your place is too far, I don't like long commutes in bus". I also realized I feel relieved whenever the date ends and I have to go back home.

Whenever I go to her apartment, she is constantly around me to make comments on how I'm supposed to wash dishes in a certain way even though I know how to do it. She makes comments pretty much about everything even though her apartment is a mess and she never cleans. I feel she has no respect for me or my belongings, she spilled something on the bathroom floor and she immediately grabbed my face towel to wipe the floor. I have tried to talk with her but she brushes it off saying "That's how I show my love, I don't hit hard". She is even worse when she's on her periods. I have tried telling her she is draining me and making me exhausted but she doesn't seem to make any changes. The only time she seemed apologetic is when she was playing with a knife and accidentally made a cut on my neck (more like a paper cut but there was blood). Her parents like me a lot and they know she is very immature, her mom doesn't know how she treats me yet she told her not to hurt me or be rude to me. I like her parents and I do love her but I feel like I can't continue living like this.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

says the guy that keeps melting down. You consistently post stupid bullshit, just shut the gently caress up

Edit: I'm sorry, that was really harsh. You said to empathize with children, so I'm making an effort here.

See, when the neighbor brats pulled this poo poo with me, I called the cops. In Los Angeles. That bullshit stopped immediately.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gf (28F) is draining me (27M) out. I can't take it anymore

Sadly the pussy trap hes caught in broke his leg and hell never walk again. Best put him out of his misery now.

Khazar-khum posted:

See, when the neighbor brats pulled this poo poo with me, I called the cops. In Los Angeles. That bullshit stopped immediately.

Congrats on getting away with double homocide.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for inviting a girl back to my hotel after she mentioned being down for casual, no strings attached sex? Both Late 20s

I'm seriously starting to believe there really are guys that lose 50 IQ points whenever they get a boner and this is where all the dickpics come from.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Heliogabalos posted:

fat people are justifiably jealous of distance runners for being hot and fit. A one hour 5k forsooth just :lol: he's not pissing anyone off he's just embarrassing himself

when lame/fat people brag about their poo poo accomplishments it mostly just makes actual athletes cringe and exchange raised eyebrows, no one's mad fyi

then why did several runners post in this thread about how mad it makes them? it may not make you mad but I'm going to take them at their word

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What's the most sophisticated plan any of you folks have executed while blackout drunk because Im not sure I could have physically filled a bottle with vodka and placed it quietly on a nightstand, much less do it as part of a hilarious scheme.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

Well getting those kids shot is one solution but this dude is some sort of UK type so dialing the police is less like calling a hit on someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

What's the most sophisticated plan any of you folks have executed while blackout drunk because Im not sure I could have physically filled a bottle with vodka and placed it quietly on a nightstand, much less do it as part of a hilarious scheme.

People who drink regularly can sometimes be very capable of lots of tasks while being drunk enough to not remember anything.