Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vas if you still playing PoE they made a big GGG post eating tons of crow for Synthesis league and detailing a huge amount of changes to make Synthesis not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I saw. I'm still playing but it's mostly dicking around. Probably going to just play AC: Odyssey until the patch this week.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

not caring here posted:

poo poo I forgot that there were different maps.

In the first map, there's a jungley type of area northish of the spawn points. That's where the easiest access for coal is assuming you don't get lost. That avatar sky island spot seems to have a few very large animals over on it so I left it alone. Same was another spot that I found but that jungley type are near the water was the easiest to set up.

You must be doing things super efficient because using bio fuel was just not gonna work for me long term. My poo poo looks absolutely insane though with about 3 levels of carnival ride and having to look twice around certain areas for fear of getting run over by an automated tractor.

I wouldn't call my approach "super efficient", since the smarter solution would have probably been to bee-line for coal a lot sooner.

But the second I realized how little a single biomass burner yielded in power versus my power needs in the near future, I set up a sorta-circle of 16 of them, chained them together with a reverse cascade of power lines to a single pole in the middle and hooked that up to my main line.

Then I dumped four underclocked constructors in two lines feeding one container for fuel right next to my power station and fed each line with one container of leaves/wood. You can't automate the feeding of fuel, but you can pretty easily automate giant trash bins for trees and vegetation to generate fuel.

Then I basically just went Ham with the chainsaw while exploring twice and filled up both containers with raw biomatter and was all set.

Built a cute little walkway in the middle of my power plant complex to just race through and refill any generator running low in one go.

I only refilled the amount of generators according to 120% of my max load and then fired up new ones as my usage increased. Around 260MW, I overclocked the constructors because the underclocked production wouldn't keep up with the drain longterm, but shortly after that, I stopped worrying about it, because I realized I'd switch to coal within the hour.

Lot of words for "not very efficient", but I essentially said go big or go home early, because I didn't want to go back to power generator construction once per hour or some such.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/_watsu/status/1108058407339208704

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

mods??!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dusted

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was busy rebuilding the entirety of my reinforced-plate setup after I had torn down basically 70% of my base, and ended up having whole slew of moments where I was pretty much screaming with glee.

I noticed the giant flying manta ray was moving on a path that led through this huge arch next to my base, so I built an improvised walkway and shot to be just enough above its path so I could try to jump down on it without dying.

I ended up hitting the perfect height, but almost missed my ride, screaming on the way down trying to hit the tip of its wings. I managed to find hold by loving inches, and was yelling in triumph as I began my scenic trip through the heights around my base to a beautiful sunrise.

Another pic from MantaAir across my brand new fledgling factory, prominently overshadowed by my space elevator?

But "hold on", I thought. "How in the gently caress am I going to get off this thing?!?"

I started laughing some more because I hadn't saved my game in pretty much the entirety of the 40 minutes it took to tear down my base, and would probably lose the progress on account of gung-hoing my way on to the sky manta with no way down.

But "hold on", I think to myself again as I come to terms with my death from great heights, "Didn't I leave ONE bouncy-launchpad-into-jelly-landing-cushion connection up to jump back and forth between my hub and space elevator?"

Why yes, I loving did. What are the chances this big ol' flyboy comes past it close enough for me to try to land in it?

Oh poo poo, this might actually work out. DROP ZONE SECONDS AWAY READY THE gently caress UP

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITJUUUUUUUMP

REEEEEEEEE

EEEEEE

EEEE

EEE

EE

E

E

E

E

loving NAILED IT BOYYYY:lol:

Hoooly poo poo that was fun.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What does all this mean

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm sure there's a long german word for it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

no trains 0/10

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh look, it's the German daring to have fun outside of his ongoing 463-hour city hall approval clerk simulator run, let's all point at the German and laugh.

Buncha meanies ITT t:mad:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

(I should probably check out my city hall approval clerk simulator since the latest micropatch, that poo poo is lit y'all)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

No I mean what on earth game is that

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

No I mean what on earth game is that

X-44 Manta Simulator

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Looks like Satisfactory? I think so anyway.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yup, satisfactory.

Your neatness is triggering me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYd-Ul-t8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

lmao that manta bit owns. very wholesome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I gotta remake raw ore processing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I got distracted by Skyrim right around blue science packs on this last run. You're still an insane person for doing AngelBobs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

I got distracted by Skyrim right around blue science packs on this last run. You're still an insane person for doing AngelBobs.

Once you get logistic and construction robots its really easy to put poo poo in chests and build it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just not feeling the itch. I think what I'm most excited for is DF coming to Steam this year. I've been playing since the first 3D version, which means I've probably been playing longer than some of the prospective playerbase has been alive. :suicide:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

sooo I gusss No Man Sky PSVR is going to be a thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

sooo I gusss No Man Sky PSVR is going to be a thing

makes sense

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
You know what's still really good? Doom. Goddamn it's so good.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hell yeah it is.

Speaking of 2.5 shooters. I rebought Duke Nuke 3D to dick around on my PS4. gently caress I loved playing that game growing up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Someone upthread mentioned Seablock for Factorio. The tenative modpack got updated for 0.17 this week. Link here, halfway down page, ctrl+f "Trainwreck"

It is still getting tweeked and tested so Imma sit on it for a week, but still wanted to spread the word.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNpgKytPcc4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress

yes

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
NO loving WAY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BJ had kids? And they're old enough to kill Nazis like dad? :getin:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Killing Nazis? Check.
Carpenter Brut? Check.

This is gonna be a day one buy for me. If it comes out there’s a Dog You Can Pet, it’s gonna be a preorder.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm down for some murder, resisting arrest, and conspiracy.

I mean, I'm kind of concerned that it's going to be $30 and "open-ended" or some poo poo but hey look Nazis to kill BUYBUYBUY

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

gently caress yes. Killing Nazis and female leads? Was this engineered in a lab to give CHUDS aneurysms? Regardless I’m here for it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy poo poo I got hyped when Turbo Killer came on.

Man, I hope that German regulatory poo poo making swastikas in games 'okay' depending on context is through by June

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
gently caress and hell yeah.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m glad they’re still making these games. I think the last one had some rough spots but people were unnecessarily harsh on it (and I’m not talking about the Nazis angry about their representation)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My grandpa on my dad's side played the poo poo out of FPSes, especially stuff like Quake, Duke 3d, Doom, and Wolfenstein 3d. I think he would like the new Wolfenstein games, because he was an avid Nazi shooter IRL back in the 40s, and knew exactly what had to be done with them.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

oh god im so moist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Fallom posted:

I’m glad they’re still making these games. I think the last one had some rough spots but people were unnecessarily harsh on it (and I’m not talking about the Nazis angry about their representation)

Same. Most of the negativity I saw leveled at it amounted to quibbling over dumb stuff, though there were some spots that could've used a rethink.

Is it wrong that I kind of want them to work some Sabaton into the soundtrack somewhere?