Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

dudeness posted:

This is an easy solve, you just have to convince her you aren't Shawn by doing the most unShawnlike behavior.

I bet Shawn didn't eat dogfood for dinner.

“Uh Shawn says that since there’s basically two of us in here that it would only be fair to invite another woman into our bed and have a threesome, er I mean a foursome. How would you feel about that I think he makes some pretty good points honestly.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tactlessbastard posted:

Went into a road construction site, got an eight wheel hauler started up and drove it around for an hour, parked it back where I found it and left.

Wait was that a rhetorical question?

No, I was hoping to hear stories like these.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"I look forward to my wedding night where I will be impregnated by the spirit of my dead fiance, so that I can eventually give birth to the reincarnation of my dead fiance." - a totally sane woman

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Motronic posted:

My [26F] girlfriend [24F] hates my hobbies and I'm getting tired of it. Relationships
submitted 2 hours ago by yesihavehobbies

Watch pretty anime dudes with her instead. You still get to watch anime, and she won't be jealous of the girls. And you get to watch ice skating. Problem solved.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Motronic posted:

My [26F] girlfriend [24F] hates my hobbies and I'm getting tired of it. Relationships

Grow up manbaby. Of course he's being supported by the reddit crowd.

As long as she's not lying (wouldn't surprise me if she is) she's not the problem.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 25, 2019

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

That Shawn saga is a whole new level of yikes and is going to be added to my top favourite stories list.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Motronic posted:

For once the anime lover isn't the problem.

Skutter posted:

My fiance (28 f) just told me she thinks i'm (27 M) possessed by her dead fiance and destined to reincarnate him through our child. I'm thinking of walking right now. I'm lost and need advice.

:yikes:

Just inject this straight into my veins please

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

A rare moment of catching the drama before it starts...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Liquid Communism posted:

A rare moment of catching the drama before it starts...

Would have been better with a stack of MLP games.

I assume those exist, right?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Motronic posted:

OP is a woman

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

OP is a woman

Don't shame me for my pronoun choice.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Skutter posted:

My fiance (28 f) just told me she thinks i'm (27 M) possessed by her dead fiance and destined to reincarnate him through our child. I'm thinking of walking right now. I'm lost and need advice.

:captainpop:
:chanpop:
:allbuttons:

I mean it's probably fake, but i don't care. Run dude, run!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/AmItheAsshole
AITA for thinking formula should come out of my wife’s budget?
u/[deleted]

quote:

She has been breastfeeding for 6 months since the baby was born and now wants to switch to formula. She makes plenty of milk and everything she just says she “feels done.” I think if she wants to stop for basically no reason then the money for formula should come out of her personal spending money because she is the one making that decision. She says I’m an rear end in a top hat and it should come from the family/ grocery budget (which is already tight) even though I don’t have a say.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CheesyDog posted:

r/AmItheAsshole
u/[deleted]
This was surely the best way to get her to continue breast feeding.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Skutter posted:

Hot take: Dude should stick around and see how this plays out. There's at least a good novel's worth of stuff here, and not some sappy Nicholas Sparks poo poo but some real balls to the wall psychological horror

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Skutter posted:

This is easily one of the best stories to ever grace this thread and anyone that calls it fake should be banned.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CheesyDog posted:

r/AmItheAsshole
u/[deleted]

it's not reincarnated ghost boyfriend but I still appreciate a classic "what, you want me to spend my video game money on baby food?!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Straight White Shark posted:

it's not reincarnated ghost boyfriend but I still appreciate a classic "what, you want me to spend my video game money on baby food?!"

poo poo like this is what happens when couples want to do entirely separate finances. It's always one person nickel and diming the other.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Motronic posted:

Taking this story at face value, I fail to see how she's a (wo)manbaby? She gives her girlfriend attention when they're both at home, and when she's at home alone she enjoys her harmless hobbies? :shrug:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skutter posted:

Come Shawnevar, friend or traitor, come.

But seriously he should talk to her family and make sure she gets the help she needs.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
So hypothetically lets say he does have a.... let’s call it a Shawnbaby. What does she do if it’s a girl?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Skutter posted:

That is bipolar heading right into delusions. Give it time and the auditory hallucinations (Shawn speaking to her) and full blown visuals.

Can you imagine if she was pregnant, what kind of life the kid would have? Yiiiiikes

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Panfilo posted:

poo poo like this is what happens when couples want to do entirely separate finances. It's always one person nickel and diming the other.

wanna see the partner start selling breastmilk and lording her titty money

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Hot take: Dude should stick around and see how this plays out. There's at least a good novel's worth of stuff here, and not some sappy Nicholas Sparks poo poo but some real balls to the wall psychological horror

Guy gets a vasectomy on the sly and lays pipe for days

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
UPDATE: My girlfriend's dad just pulled a prank on me. How Should I respond?
Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/b3d1pj/my_girlfriends_dad_just_pulled_a_prank_on_me_how/

After that prank, I knew that I had to get back at her dad with a prank of my own, which is what I did yesterday. I went over to their house with some brownies that I made and I offered them to her dad since my girlfriend told me that brownies are his favorite dessert. I offered them as an apology for how the last visit went and he ate them along with my girlfriend, who was in on the prank. About 20 minutes later, my dad (who was also in on the prank) called and I put him on speaker phone. He was acting and in a fake panic about what I put in those brownies. I told him that I used basic ingredients and that I also added some unsweetened cocoa powder. He explains that the cocoa powder had rat poison in it since he was using it as a way to bait the rats that had lodged up in our attic.

My girlfriend's dad was listening and he had a complete look of terror on his face and he was looking at my girlfriend, who was eating another brownie. I hung up on my dad and I asked her dad to go get some salt water to flush out the toxins. While he was doing that, my girlfriend put some fake blood in her mouth and when her dad entered the room again, she spits up the fake blood in front of him and she collapses and starts screaming and moaning. She's saying over and over "I don't want to die!" and she was fake crying. Her dad was freaking out and holding on to her while she was on the floor and he clearly didn't know what to do. My girlfriend then starts saying "I can see someone...I see a light....Hi, grandma." I nearly lost it right there and I had turn away to hide my laughter.

I straightened myself up again and reminded her dad that he ate the brownies as well. And I kid you not, he leans into the kitchen sink and sticks his finger down his throat to induce vomiting. He actually did throw up a little and that's when I cut the prank. I told him that it was just a joke and that there was no rat poison. My girlfriend got up laughing, but her dad wasn't amused. He starts yelling about how messed up we are and how he's going to do everything in his power to break us up. He then grabs his keys and just drives off. I haven't heard from him since.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

christmas boots posted:

So hypothetically lets say he does have a.... let’s call it a Shawnbaby. What does she do if it’s a girl?

That girl is unlikely to be safe with her. Even if it's a boy, there is no way you could trust her to be alone with him if she thinks it's her reincarnated dead ex fiance.....

Story is the most :yikes: thing to be posted.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

QuarkJets posted:

Those preservatives are mostly wood pulp, which is just fiber. So arguably the shredded cheese is a little healthier for you than the same cheese in block form

You heard it here first folks, shoving fistfulls of pre-shredded cheese into your mouth is now officially "good for you". Sorry, I think I'll stick with cheese that is made out of, you know . . . cheese.

QuarkJets posted:

cellulose is an all-natural source of fiber, friend, it's just plant matter

like you ever eaten celery? it's almost all cellulose

Then I'll get my cellulose from celery, not from some garbage rear end cheese with chemically isolated fiber in it. Not to mention that cellulose is just one type of fiber, you need the majority of your fiber from actual fresh foods anyways. This shouldn't be too hard to understand right

QuarkJets posted:

so you're one of those people who's like "what's this, freshly baked bread? heh sorry I only eat all-natural food grown on an organic farm, nothing that has been processed beyond that"

"peanut butter? gently caress that poo poo only raw peanuts and sunflower seeds for me, thanks"

"beer? No thanks I'll ingest the grains and ferment it myself, in my stomach"

The idea that natural foods are better than processed foods is not weird and is in fact correct. Thank you for your time.

Business Gorillas posted:

"why don't these people just act like adults?" i say on page 4,278 of the relationship drama thread

what can I say, I'm an eternal optimist

Freudian posted:

Wow, two hot dogs failed us.

If we can't count on the hot dogs what can we count on??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my friend it's weird to give his daughter a Nigerian name when he isn't Nigerian?

One of my best friends from child hood, we'll call hime Jake, is having a baby with his fiance. My friend is biracial (half black half white) but he was entirely raised by his white mom and white step dad. His girlfriend is black, but again she's not Nigerian or from Africa. I am white. I mean no offence to my friend but he grew up around mostly white people and it was only in college when he went through this phase where he started to really try and be more "black" and hang around black people more and behave more about what people "perceive" black people should act like and I kinda think some part of it was an act but whatever. Another note is that his fiance isn't really a huge fan of me and apparently when she first met me she got the impression I was racist. I don't really know why but that kinda soured our relationship but we're friendly and cordial to each other.

​So when I was hanging out with Jake few days ago, he was trying to order monogrammed pillows or something cheesy like that and then revealed that they were naming their daughter Morayo which is a Nigerian name apparently. He kept gushing over the name and I personally just thought it was weird to name your kid a name from a country you know literally nothing about. So I asked "are you sure you want to give your kid a Nigerian name. I mean you guys aren't Nigerian." He seemed offended and said. "Yeah but we're black and we have roots from Nigeria anyway."

So I probably should have let it go but then I said in a mostly joking manner. "So if I took a DNA test and found out I'm like 1% African should I give my kid a Nigerian name?"

Jake got mad and cursed at me a few times and said that tons of "black" names are african or arabic and that I should "mind my own white business" and I had no idea what I was talking about.

He did change the subject after that but I can tell it bothered him. Shortly after his fiance publicly revealed the name on social media and people started gushing about it and his girlfriend made a comment on Facebook about how she was glad they liked it and "some of Jake's friends thought it was too African lol" She knows I follow her and obviously posted that for me to see it.

AITA here? I'm conflicted. Like I didn't think it was a big enough deal for Jake to go rat on me to his GF (who he KNOWS doesn't really like me). But maybe I was out of line to criticize the name choice.

​EDIT: Ok I get it I'm the rear end in a top hat. I'll apologize to my friend and his girlfriend

lmao nice job whitesplaining man. jesus christ, I hope you learned something from all this because you're lucky your buddy still wants to be friends with you after you took the time to explain how HE should feel about his blackness and and how HE should connect with his ancestry. Plus it's a pretty name. Examine your prejudices honestly or gently caress off imho

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Skutter posted:

The former thread is here, with a bunch of reasonably sane updates of what he was doing, then the OP deleted and now the thread is locked.

I'm betting he's nothing more than a skinsuit on a milking table now. RIP Shawn for nine months.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Shawn Shawn it rhymes with gone

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The thread is locked by moderators. According to other comments I guess they are worried about the woman possibly being suicidal and they're probably trying to make it so that she gets taken care of instead of dude :justpost: about it while she becomes even more unstable.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Isn't rat poison usually just warfarin? Ie non-lethal to humans.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

waah posted:

The thread is locked by moderators. According to other comments I guess they are worried about the woman possibly being suicidal and they're probably trying to make it so that she gets taken care of instead of dude :justpost: about it while she becomes even more unstable.

Uh, wouldn't it be better if she just did?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

SirSamVimes posted:

Taking this story at face value, I fail to see how she's a (wo)manbaby? She gives her girlfriend attention when they're both at home, and when she's at home alone she enjoys her harmless hobbies? :shrug:
It's currently very trendy on SA to hate people who like anime at all and poo poo on them in all aspects of life for daring to enjoy anything.

OP's gf is a textbook abuser with that whole lovebombing/shunning routine.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CheesyDog posted:

wanna see the partner start selling breastmilk and lording her titty money

You think he's the type of guy that will let her get away with not paying the Titty Tax?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Some of the comments on that story:

quote:

Commenter; Ok you’re probably not possessed but how loving crazy would it be if you were? That’d be nuts. I think any rational person in this situation would take the first comments advice and talk to her family and leave. Solid advice. It’s what you should do. But. What if you got super into it. Like go see paranormal experts and mediums and poo poo. Not forever. Just like a year or so. Do seances and have crystals and poo poo around your house. Maybe do some heavy psychedelics or dmt a bunch. On the off chance that maybe you could be the spirit vessel/father for your soon-to-be-ex girlfriends dead boyfriend. Like that’s an opportunity that doesn’t come around often. Is it totally unreasonable and insane? Yes absolutely. Is it kinda interesting and might make for a fun adventure to be had when you’re young and a weird story for when you’re old? Also yes

OP: Yeah no.

quote:

Commenter: Are you seriously gonna be jealous of a dead dude? Just go along with the bullshit and draw some boundaries, say Shawn only comes once every 3 weekends when you lose conscience, do roleplay possession Saturdays. Indulge her and do some Patrick Swayze poo poo, move the ouija, push the table with your foot, change your demeanor a bit and gently caress her missionary. All women are certified lunatics, you won't find better. Do you seriously wanna install tinder and date "if you can't handle me at my worst..." Stacy?

If I were you, after having put so much effort into a woman, I'd just go...gently caress it... at least she's cheating on me with me. With time, you'll just tell her he's fading as he's being infused with you. She won't need to say goodbye, because he'll still be present in the many facets of your personality and also be reflected in her sons. Whatever.

OP: ......

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Motronic posted:

:smugissar:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Xenocides posted:

Some of the comments on that story:

what the heck

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/legaladvice
I was charged with a Class 2 Felony in Texas. I live in NY. Should I even worry about it?
u/carrorphcarp

quote:

Coming back through US Customs at DFW, three THC oil cartridges were found in my bag. I was arrested, charged, and released on my own recognizance. I had a bit of a dramatic week back home and I’m not exactly rolling in the dough anyway, so I missed my court date and didn’t hire a TX lawyer.

I know it’s irrelevant, but it’s simply amazing that I bought these in California legally, and that the only real deciding factor that screwed me for taking them back into the States is because of where my connecting flight was.

I don’t often find reasons to be in Texas. Marijuana will be federally legal before long and this should just be moot anyway, right? Thanks anyone and everyone for your input

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

SirSamVimes posted:

Anime is not a victimless crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
I was charged with a Class 2 Felony in Texas. I live in NY. Should I even worry about it?
u/carrorphcarp

Does NY have an extradition treaty with Texas?