Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Fat and Useless posted:

edit: Like how they got around to the male bunny suit! ha ha ha....

They did, it's identical for every race and gender. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Schubalts posted:

They did, it's identical for every race and gender. :confused:

The joke is it took them 2 years to do it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If dwarves go "Lala-ho!" I will personally stab koji fox.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Asimo posted:

If dwarves go "Lala-ho!" I will personally stab koji fox.
Meanwhile, I'll take a screenshot, then another of my tater looking offended (optionally captioned with 'what did you just call me').

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Leofish posted:

If the quest that launches us into 5.0 isn't called "First World Problems" I will be about as disappointed as I was when the quest immediately following "Under the Moonlight" was not called "The Serious Moonlight."

I used to see a roe around sometimes named Serious Moonlight and it always made me smile.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Yea, we'll probably get male Viera and female Ronzo by 6.0

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Rainuwastaken posted:

That does make things a bit better. :kimchi:

Don't forget that completing the Namazu Beast tribe quests gets you a bell to wear around your neck.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Namazu_Bell

I expect to see many Hrothgar wearing this if it renders on them.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If I can get a dwarf beard and helmet I might just Fantasia to a Lalafell. Maybe.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mode 7 posted:

If I can get a dwarf beard and helmet I might just Fantasia to a Lalafell. Maybe.

feel like that's 100% going to be the reward from the Dwarf beast tribe quests

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Bolow posted:

Not just helmets, it's everything that goes in the head item slot that isn't a hat or goes on top of your head. So Visors, Glasses, Tiaras, Bandanas, Face Masks, all of that poo poo.

That's more or less a deal breaker for me on fantasia'ing to either one of them

Yeah what is even the point if you can't wear some sweet shades as either a Viera or Giant Catman. The head slot is often the most important in customizing one's look because faces are important.

Failboattootoot posted:

2 years to get complete races seems like an optimistic timetable for them. But it will probably be worth it. Maybe. If they can wear some head items at least.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

If that quote about them deciding on Viera three months after 4.0 is accurate, then yes, it'll take them about two years.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ok, i got the fuckin hint

e:

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 26, 2019

Good Username Here
Aug 20, 2012

~No devil on my shoulder!~

This is like my tenth roll on this thing are you forreal, game???

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm on roll like #8 on my DRK weapon and only have 2 lines unlocked :v:

At least my MCH and DRG weapons came out good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good Username Here posted:

This is like my tenth roll on this thing are you forreal, game???

Seeing someone on their tenth Eureka weapon fills you with Determination.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ImpAtom posted:

Determination to not do Eureka ever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i didn't even know you could fail to unlock slots because I got them each on the first try lol

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kwyndig posted:

Determination to not do Eureka ever

My man

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I was trying to decide which class to raise up after i hit 60 on Bard and finished the questline. I already did Dragoon and Monk. I was contemplating Ninja who I had at 50 but then decided to take a poke at Samurai.

After the initial panic of all those Japanese-named icons being barfed all over, once I started organizing them it wasn't that bad. Three-hit combo for one icon on the special "gauge" and I use that loosely. Another similar three combo for another icon. And two buttons to get the third icon, allowing me to whip out my big ol' 700ish potency all over a boss. And then I will probably pull aggro because that was a lot of damage in a short period of time.

Anyway, the Samurai does in two quests more gladiatorial combat than the Gladiator does in their first 60 levels.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The Gladiator/Paladin quests were all lame as heck.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Terribly lame but it was funny seeing other paladins use Spirits Without, because that's the dark version or whatever.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ImpAtom posted:

It took me like 18 rolls to get a weapon up to an acceptable quality and once someone told me it had more stats than a raid weapon I just quit bothering because the stat rolling mechanic is def the worst version of deciding the stats on your relic weapons. And I don't even really dislike Eureka that much. I'm cool with mindlessly NM farming and following the train and stuff. It could be better, like NMs having a failsafe autospawn and farming for them just makes them appear earlier, and so on. Though I hated that after Anemos the cosmetic rewards became incredibly stingy. I would've figured just making all class versions of some items or just porting over more XI gear (which I'd love) would be fairly easy but I know poo poo about that process. :v:

Also the thing with the new races that's the most annoying is seeing how they won't do anything with the subraces but like skin color. Like take au ra, they really had an opportunity to differentiate them, especially with the concept art. It would've been so cool if say xaela were all tall and badass like the original design and then raen could be small and demure, but for both genders. They could've done that for viera too, viera being all tall and Adonis-like, and feol being cute.

If only...

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
More proof for the "not g'raha"-ailures: the music in the trailer where it shows the crystal tower is a remix of the theme that plays while g'raha goes ino the CT and biggs says we'll see him again in a few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbUJQO9CZhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7eH0mqK3To&t=275s

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 26, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Further proof that highladies are the master race.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

somepartsareme posted:

More proof for the "not g'raha"-ailures: the music in the trailer where it shows the crystal tower is a remix of the theme that plays while g'raha goes ino the CT and wedge says we'll see him again in a few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbUJQO9CZhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7eH0mqK3To&t=275s

If it is G’raha, I think it’ll be lame af because G’raha is a boring lame character (though it might just be my anti-catboi bias slipping in a bit too - every catboi should come with a fedora permanently attached).

But, if it is G’raha, I’ll take my lumps because I’m still vindicated in my assertion that the trailer version they released at EU fanfest had a flash of Crystal Tower in it, even though everyone dismissed the thought.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Patch 4.56 Notes are up.

Hmmm, Yojimbo Trail is ilvl 365 minimum.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
No maps update in 4.56

Game is dead

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Gambler Job lookin' good.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Looks like playable Namazu got snuck in too.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They aren't just adding a Jim trial, they're locking mentor roulette behind it.

I'm going to laugh so hard at a couple of incredibly salty people in my server's NN who refuse to touch Hildy past 2.x (because they are boring and bad).

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Thundarr posted:

They aren't just adding a Jim trial, they're locking mentor roulette behind it.

I'm going to laugh so hard at a couple of incredibly salty people in my server's NN who refuse to touch Hildy past 2.x (because they are boring and bad).
Serves them right, too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The Regalia mount will cost 200k mgp.

That's right. 200k mgp.

That's it.

That mount is going to be EVERYWHERE.

I was hoping for a new Yokai grind. :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

If it is G’raha, I think it’ll be lame af because G’raha is a boring lame character (though it might just be my anti-catboi bias slipping in a bit too - every catboi should come with a fedora permanently attached).

But, if it is G’raha, I’ll take my lumps because I’m still vindicated in my assertion that the trailer version they released at EU fanfest had a flash of Crystal Tower in it, even though everyone dismissed the thought.

Datamined spoiler: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/226353385706618880/559973192970534945/SPOILER_unknown.png

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

That's right. 200k mgp.

That's it.

thats the FF15 car right?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Interesting changes to ARR primals. Looks like they're making them easier to solo or do unsynched.

quote:

The Bowl of Embers (Normal) and The Bowl of Embers (Hard)

+When Ifrit becomes immune to damage, he will now receive Invincibility status. Additional effects from weapon skills and enfeeblements can now be applied.

The Bowl of Embers (Extreme)

+While infernal nails are present, dealing a certain amount of damage to Ifrit will cause him to become temporarily invincible. Hellfire can no longer be prevented by dealing damage to Ifrit.
+When Ifrit becomes immune to damage, he will now receive Invincibility status. Additional effects from weapon skills and enfeeblements can now be applied.
+The damage dealt by certain variants of Hellfire has been increased.

The Navel (Normal) and the Navel (Hard)

+If all surviving party members are trapped in granite gaols, the battle will no longer restart. Instead, the trapped players will be released after a certain amount of time has passed and will incur damage.
+Players trapped in granite goals will no longer be automatically KO'd when hit by Earthen Fury.

The Striking Tree (Hard) and the Striking Tree (Extreme)

+While grey arbiters are present, dealing a certain amount of damage to Ramuh will cause him to become temporarily invincible. Judgment Bolt can no longer be prevented by dealing damage to Ramuh.
+The maximum damage dealt by Judgment Bolt has been reduced.

The Whorleater (Hard) and the Whorleater (Extreme)

+While gyre spumes are present, dealing a certain amount of damage to Leviathan or its tail will cause it to become temporarily invincible. Tidal Wave can no longer be prevented by dealing damage to Leviathan.
+The maximum damage dealt by Tidal Wave has been reduced.

The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Hard) and the Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Extreme)

+While ice soldiers are present, dealing a certain amount of damage to Shiva will cause her to become temporarily invincible. Diamond Dust can no longer be prevented by dealing damage to Shiva.

It looks like they're making it so that Ifrit Ex doesn't Hellfire over and over until you're dead, but only once. You can't hurt him but can apply things like Virus and stuff? With Ramuh and Levi it appears their ultimates will be more survivable (like if you fail to work the converter properly with Leviathan or push Ramuh too hard, too fast).

Mordiceius posted:

That's right. 200k mgp.

That's it.

And just like in real life a car that can hold four people will often hold only one. They should add a "smog" weather status if too many people are using the car at once.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

That's right. 200k mgp.

That's it.

Most disappointing news of the week

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hey it will be extremely helpful in Eureka 2.0 :v:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

That's right. 200k mgp.

That's it.

What's a good way to grind mgp? I only have like 76k because I never really paid that much attention to the Gold Saucer.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Veotax posted:

What's a good way to grind mgp? I only have like 76k because I never really paid that much attention to the Gold Saucer.

Follow the Reddit fashion guide for the week (10-50k mgp), and just idle in the Saucer waiting for GATES (3-4k each, depending on how well you do or how much Typhon's rng hates you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah, I'm disappointed but honestly, as long as the game is good, I don't care that much.