Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Defending a woman abusing her girlfriend to make sure nobody thinks I'm a nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xenocides posted:

Some of the comments on that story:
#1 is awesome and correct, #2 is just a typical incel. Please post more #1 style comments and none of #2, tia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

therobit posted:

Uh, wouldn't it be better if she just did?

If she kills herself, does she come back in the OP to rebirth herself?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Hot take: Dude should stick around and see how this plays out. There's at least a good novel's worth of stuff here, and not some sappy Nicholas Sparks poo poo but some real balls to the wall psychological horror

If he stays and refuses to get her pregnant she's gonna come at his nuts with a syringe screaming "Give me Shawn's soul!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Even in the legal states you're still not supposed to take it across state lines. Like legally I'm not allowed to take weed from Washington to Oregon or vice versa despite it being legal in both states.

I don't know if that ever gets enforced though.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
complete an elaborate voodoo ritual to transfer Shawn's spirit into fiancé's most hated enemy

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Possessed dude should exorcise himself and redirect Shawn's soul into his fiancée's body. It's the only way.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Admiral Ray posted:

If he stays and refuses to get her pregnant she's gonna come at his nuts with a syringe screaming "Give me Shawn's soul!"

I don't have his soul! And gently caress you anyway!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Yawgmoth posted:

#1 is awesome and correct, #2 is just a typical incel. Please post more #1 style comments and none of #2, tia.

Yeah that second comment was talking about her like she's a used car. Except when I realize that a car is just a basket case that is never gonna be right and might be haunted I sell it for scrap value on craigslist instead of trying to justify all the money and labor I threw away on it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Goons do the dumb fan fiction thing itt too.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The fiancé is just past the typical age when schizophrenia symptoms start.

That really sucks.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. My friend's ex was always an rear end in a top hat and always presumed to have some sort of mild mental illness that contributed to him being such a controlling weirdo. But he's now suddenly decided the government has done something to him that has changed and moved the organs in his body and fluoride is involved. Apparently the belief that your organs are in the wrong spot or have been tampered with is like a textbook symptom of something fairly specific.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, OP's fiancee is definitely suffering from some kind of serious mental illness exacerbated by trauma. I can't blame him for wanting out of the relationship, but the responsible thing is to work with her other family/loved ones to make sure she's safe and getting treatment.

Alternate explanation: OP's fiancee is Charlotte Haze from Lolita, OP is Humbert Humbert, and he's fudging details and really not admitting why he still wants to get married

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

My girlfriend's [23F] ex boyfriend was black. I [24M] don't have a problem with it but she keeps bringing it up

quote:

We've been together a year. We're both white. She had been broken up with her ex-boyfriend for about a month when we met. I didn't know he was black until after we got together. She mentioned it casually like, "Hey, I just want you to know my ex, Z, was black." Me: Okay. Cool.

I thought that was the end of it, but no. She brings it up constantly and randomly. Whenever we see a black guy, whether on TV or real life, she'll bring it up and compare him to the guy. Apparently, her ex looks like Idris Elba but lighter skinned and built like the Rock. He also raps better than Kanye. One time she told me that she thought she was pregnant by him and that the baby would have been black. Okay, yeah, so what? I swear anytime anyone says the word "black" and it doesn't even have to be referring to the people, she'll chime in "My ex was black!"

Honestly, it makes me think she is racist. Or she thinks I am secretly racist which I'm not. I have no problem with black people or black guys dating white women. How do I deal with this?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

The fiancé is just past the typical age when schizophrenia symptoms start.

That really sucks.

quote:

I don't know how much of this is true as it comes from her, but she has not contact with any of her sibling or her parents. According to her she cut them off as part of her "healing". Now I see why she may have cut them out. I know how to contact them at least so I'll call them all right now.

:smith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Even in the legal states you're still not supposed to take it across state lines. Like legally I'm not allowed to take weed from Washington to Oregon or vice versa despite it being legal in both states.

There’s no border checkpoints searching luggage, so I feel like unless you have receipts and labeled containers proving that you bought the weed in another state they couldn’t adequately prove that you didn’t buy it elsewhere.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

christmas boots posted:

Interstate commerce is a federal thing so that’s probably why.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's why I warn my friends not to mess with oil here in Texas, the laws are hosed

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

chemtrail huffer posted:

My girlfriend's [23F] ex boyfriend was black. I [24M] don't have a problem with it but she keeps bringing it up

To be fair, if I had ever dated a professional-caliber rapper who looked like Idris Elba and the Rock got into a sexy transporter accident, I would probably also be completely insufferable about it

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hawowanlawow posted:

that's why I warn my friends not to mess with oil here in Texas, the laws are hosed

Does Texas have harsher punishment for “processed” weed or something? I think I have heard of that in a few places.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tetramin posted:

Does Texas have harsher punishment for “processed” weed or something? I think I have heard of that in a few places.

Of course they do!

Up to 2oz of dry herb is a misdemeanor but <1 gram of concentrate is a felony.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I [26F] moved in with my friend [29M] two weeks ago under the pretense of renting until I found an apartment. Now, he doesn't want me to leave.

quote:

TL;DR: I'm wickedly confused about what is happening here - moved in with a guy to rent a room temporarily, we both agreed to it, things got hot and heavy and now he's denying that the plan was ever put into place and thinks I should say (or it's over).

Let's disregard the fact that I'm lovely for letting this happen in the first place. Times were hard. I left a bad, sexless relationship and a friend of mine said I could rent a room in his house until I found a place. Things got hot and heavy quicker than imagined as we were both attracted to each other, and lines have become very blurry. I was still under the impression that he was cool with me moving out, but he now wants me to stay.

Being fresh out of a relationship I feel that I need my independence, am I wrong for that? Every time I remind him that I want to get my own place, he gets really teary, says that he wanted to die before I moved in and he really wants me to be there. That his friends hate him now because he let me move in right after my breakup and all thought it was a bad idea, and if I leave it will basically equal us not working out and his life will be ruined. I've tried to remind him that this certainly isn't THAT big of a deal to his friends, that living apart means much more excitement and especially with us only 'being together' for such a short amount of time, why not enjoy that phase of getting to know each other while not under the same roof? Even with this said, he kind of just insists that I stay because if we really are "meant to be", then I'll end up moving back in once my lease is up anyway.

Which is like... true, but also no? People need time to themselves after breakups. I feel like he's being disrespectful. I'm unsure how I can convince him that we could still see each other and just live separately like normal people. To me it seems like if he really wanted to be in a relationship with me long term or in the future at all, he'd be willing to go slow. I can't fathom being in a relationship immediately after the one I was in simply because I moved in with a guy friend under the guise of it being a temporary thing.

Why in the gently caress will he not let me / doesn't want me to leave? I've paid him for the entire month in rent and I've been a really careful roommate. I've told him several times now how I'm feeling, but I've now actually found an apartment and am getting ready to sign the lease and I have no idea how to make this transition without him freaking the gently caress out.

He makes me feel like I'm going crazy and like the idea was never to do exactly THIS in the first place.

Yikes and all but

quote:

Every time he's mentioned the "wanting to die" part, he says "I hate to say this because I know it sounds manipulative" but then does it anyway.

I do not comprehend.

How do you not see exactly what he’s doing here?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Guy offered the room with exactly all of this in mind and his dream came true, a gf just fell into his lap with zero effort.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
A penis flytrap, if you will

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ideological possessed GF and my unborn child (self.JordanPeterson)

submitted 1 day ago by Coolj31iceman

quote:

My GF is annoyed when I talk about JP and his impact on me. She has only watched one interview and said he needed more faith(smh). She does not understand his rise to public consciousness. She has no idea what the jungian shadow is. She loves me. This I don't doubt as she gives all of herself to me. She claims it's basic hero worship(I also like Maynard James keenan,I believe God works through them both). I am only in awe of their work but I have my own pursuits.

Recently she has taken offense to very small insignificant issues that she escalates because I don't buy into being polically correct (weak men, queereye, bad music). She is easily offended and there have been times where I(being aware of this phenomenon) laugh at the absurdity.She says I should be accepting and non-acceptance is actively disrespectful. Even when said decadence is just on the TV. This woman I love is loyal, genuine, and a believer. I told her about "virtue signaling" but she didn't want to read about it. It is maddening watching this dogma take root in a woman you love. She is also 2 months pregnant.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Got another prankster for you

AITA for playing a prank on my boss?
To understand this I need to give you a little background first. My boss and I have known each other for years, including before I came to work for him when we both used to work at a different company in the same field. We have always played pranks on each other in a good-natured way. For example, over the years, he has: changed my screensaver to a cast photo of The Big Bang Theory (I hate that show), changed my office phone ringer to a really annoying screeching type of ring, switched my bag lunch out with a bag lunch containing only three containers of yogurt, and so on. In exchange I have gotten him back by doing various things including switching out his wall art with posters of professional wrestlers, put up a fake memo from him in the breakroom saying Fridays are now mandatory Hawaiian shirt days, and so on. It's all in good fun and neither of us have ever gotten mad.

Well recently my boss went out on vacation to Thailand and he had his email set to autoreply while he was out. During his vacation something came up and he needed me to logon to his computer and send him a file from his desktop, so he sent me his computer password. While I was on there I saw a good opportunity for a prank. So I changed his autoreply email to read "I am currently out of the office with limited access to email because I am on vacation in Thailand, where I am diddling little boys. I will return on Monday, March 25 and will respond promptly to all inquiries at that time." So that was his autoresponse for about a week and anyone who sent him an email received that reply. Long story short, my boss came back today and he is FURIOUS. He said if it were anyone but me who had done this they would be fired on the spot. He is basically mad because clients and others outside the office also received this email and apparently some of them didn't think it was funny. I think he is overreacting a bit but in some ways I can see why he is upset. So I am asking: AITA?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
kids loving lucky he still has a job and not a well deserved lawsuit.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

“You know what this prank war needs? A sprinkle of pedophilia.”

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

CheesyDog posted:

Ideological possessed GF and my unborn child (self.JordanPeterson)

submitted 1 day ago by Coolj31iceman
I'm not sure why I never considered the overlap between fans of Jordan Peterson and fans of Tool before, but it makes too much sense.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

She has no idea what the jungian shadow is

DTMFA!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The worst prank ever played on me was after it became apparent that I hate ketchup. I came in on April 1 to find that every single surface of my office and every object had ketchup packets taped to it, even the light switch and doorknob (and under my desk). They made a ketchup bouquet from a bottle of Heinz and some fake flowers with the heads replaced with more ketchup packets.

I got back at one of the girls by hiding one last ketchup packet and telling her that it was in her belongings, but I wouldn't tell her where until the next day if she couldn't find it. She tore through all her stuff, even going out to her car just in case I hid it there. I had put it in the water bottle she keeps in the fridge overnight and fills every morning. She didn't find it until she went to refill it.

Also while looking for that post, I came across this instead.

quote:

I've (M-26) been working on a political campaign for nearly a year. It's pretty long days, maybe 18 hours a day and definitely 7 days a week. At some point our boss (M-28) became obsessed with the idea that we would at some point get recording devices planted on us in our office by the opposition. The boss talked about it constantly, always without evidence. So much so that the rest of the staff (F-40, F-40, F-26, M-25) would talk about his obsession when he wasn't around. Obviously, it would have been easy for us to get on board with this had there been some semblance of guidance on what specifically to be on the outlook for rather than just random assertions, but there was nothing except the vague theory.

Also two particularly random things happened in the months prior to the election. First, two months prior to the election someone, purporting to be a supporter, came by and said they had two (extremely nice and extremely comfortable) matching leather sofas that they were getting rid of that they wanted to know if they could give to us as a donation to our office seating area. We accepted but the boss spent days talking about how we had to get rid of them because they might contain recording devices built into them. Secondly, on the candidate's birthday (he was almost never physically present in our office) someone(s?) separately sent an edible arrangement and some flowers to our office without cards. Boss predictably flipped out made us call to find out whom they were from but the companies refused to tell us as it was against policy. These are legit nationally known companies involved and there was a very slim chance that they'd be involved in an illegal campaign bugging operation. But again they had to be dumped into the trash because...

He insisted that he was going to call the police and have them do a full investigation. He never followed through but this was getting ridiculous.

A few days after a successful primary election was the boss' birthday. I stopped off at a drug store bought a large teddy bear and tied a bunch of balloons to its hand and a bow around its neck. The pièce de résistance was the two inch wire I had repurposed from a pair of ear buds and superglued to the neck of the bear and had hidden, poorly, behind the ribbon. I left it at the front desk and told everyone in the office what was up and got them on the same page that it had been delivered that very morning without a card. Everyone in the office was fully aware that this was a prank. He flipped out exactly as predicted immediately. And then noticed the wire sticking out and was instantly at an 11 for all of about 3 minutes before I let him in on the joke.

I was and had always planned to be there to supervise the entire prank and would have obviously never let it get to the point where he actually called the police. He threw the dumb bear at me sort of chuckled. But, he has stopped bringing up the stupid "recordings" paranoia for the rest of the campaign.

I already sorta think I know what the answer is, but still, AITA?

TL;DR Is it sometimes okay to unstick your boss from something they keep harping on with a lite prank? Assume I cannot be fired.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not usually caught up with this thread, so here's a guess-the-hobby post.

quote:

In the last few years I (36F) have gotten very involved in a particular hobby, and I'm losing interest in my husband (36M)

All right, where to begin.

My husband and I met early in college, so almost 2 decades at this point. We got married 15 years ago and have a teenage girl. She's a good kid and is very independent now and has been for a few years. Around that time, I got back into a hobby that I was very involved in in high school and early in adulthood. I've found friends that are interested in the hobby, all the other activities I do are related, etc. My husband does not have an interest in this hobby and prefers very different activities. We'll never be into the things that the other person is passionate about, and we learned that a while ago.

But the older I get, the more I've realized this hobby is a passion for me. I work an office job in an unrelated field which is just a means to pay bills. So when I'm not working, doing house related things, managing things for my daughter, etc, I'm doing hobby things.

This isn't to say that I pay no attention to my husband. We talk at dinner and go on dates. But the emotional interest just isn't there. I don't want to have long conversations with him anymore because I can't even fake interest in the things he likes anymore. We've always been so so different but I used to still be interested in what he had to say. But that's changed over time. We do our own separate thing.

In a lot of ways this works for us. My husband has his friends, his work, his interests. He's a good parent to my daughter. I can still tell him funny things someone said at work and keep him up to date on family things. But I don't think we have a friendship anymore. I've found that I'd rather spend time with my friends because we share a passion for something.

Our daughter has actually been a bridge between us for many years, not only because we both raise her and love her, but because has a little of both of us in her interest-wise. But as she's gotten older, her interests have changed too. Obviously we are both supportive of her as she grows and changes.

My husband and I recently have started to do activities together now and then, which has helped a little, but not a lot. I feel sad for saying this, but I don't know if I would want to date him if we were to meet now.

This doesn't mean I want to leave the relationship. I do love him and respect him and think we can keep our partnership together. We have talked about marriage counseling and are definitely going to look into it. But obviously he doesn't know the details, that I've gotten bored of him and interested in other things (not other men, but other things).

Has anyone been here before? Any advice?

EDIT: because many people asked, the hobby is creative writing and reading

tl;dr I developed a new passion and since I don't share it with my husband, I'm not as interested in him anymore.

Imagine blowing up your marriage for that.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Power Khan posted:

AITA for playing a prank on my boss?

The OP in a comment:

quote:

So full disclosure two of our biggest clients actually are parochial schools (elementary through high school), which is a big part of why he is so mad. I guess I can kinda see his point, maybe I will apologize.

There are a lot of posts in this thread where the obvious answer is just :murder:. Not sure why he wasn't fired on the spot. The "we've know each other for years and prank each other constantly" isn't a saving grace.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

maybe I will apologize.

ok bury him in cement neck deep and put like birdseed on his head

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Incoherence posted:

I'm not usually caught up with this thread, so here's a guess-the-hobby post.

WTF, my guesses were geneology, solving cold case murders on the internet, and LARPing. That sounds so mundane and un-dumpworthy, although there's always a chance she's writing erotic fanfiction

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
vampire larping was my top pick too second only to furry poly

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Incoherence posted:

imagine marrying someone without an interest in reading

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Having encountered the creative writing of mid-30s women with marriage problems I think you're all unnecessarily disregarding how much vampirism is involved in this hobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

WTF, my guesses were geneology, solving cold case murders on the internet, and LARPing. That sounds so mundane and un-dumpworthy, although there's always a chance she's writing erotic fanfiction

Erotic and/or extremely niche fanfiction was my first guess. Those fan circles can get super-insular and emotionally entangled with one another, especially if there's roleplaying involved, which there usually is.

EDIT: Per CheesyDog above, I will yield that it doesn't have to be fanfic, but it is almost certainly erotic