Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

With nightwave, I don't see why not re-instate part of the old alerts system while continuing to roll with the credits shop idea.

Give the daily NW quests a resource reward, like 300 oxiuim or plastids or something, just a little bonus cache.

Mid-tier 3000 point missions get some helmets and aura mods on rotation weekly.

Elites get one 5 nitain stack, a potato blueprint and a forma blueprint or something.

Give the random invasion captures a reward of 5 credits each, maybe. Nothing huge.

Keep the shop, stop rotating auras and helmets around. Just stock them all permanently. Then people can do focused buys every week or so for poo poo they really want, instead of being at the RNG mercy of what freebies are stuck to the missions for the week, or can buy pre-built potatoes as they can now.

Seems like a nice little incentive while also not forcing a massive grind for everything, and acts as a less obnoxious artificial progress gate for newer folks.

EDIT: also maybe rotate some stance mods through the NW shop, considering what an idiotic grind some of those are (I'm looking at you, Crushing Ruin). Especially in light of the death of incursions from PoE, which was basically the only way to get some of them.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Anyone got a sweet loadout for the Prisma Gremlins? The nailguns are fun.

Probably something like this, with non-primes subbed in where appropriate (and maybe corrosive instead of radiation, if you don't use Primed Heated Charge).

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I hope y'all are emailing your thoughts on Nightwave to DE, or heaven forbid even posting them on their forums. There's a lot of good points being made but DE has to hear them in the venues where they actually look.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I'm theanoraone on PSN, if you need some help I should be on tomorrow. I can get you through some junctions or help you farm some mats at least.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ritznit posted:

I hope y'all are emailing your thoughts on Nightwave to DE, or heaven forbid even posting them on their forums. There's a lot of good points being made but DE has to hear them in the venues where they actually look.

I just assume someone from DE is lurking here because we are clearly the brightest and the best compared to Steam, Gamfaqs and Reddit

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
personally i prefer to shout my shitposts into the void of a gay dead comedy forum because that still beats the alternative of having to argue with roaming droves of redditors

e: actually i just this week tweeted a request at the warframe twitter to add an Ordis companion and/or floof. i'm clearly doing my part :colbert:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 26, 2019

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

kxZyle posted:

Probably something like this, with non-primes subbed in where appropriate (and maybe corrosive instead of radiation, if you don't use Primed Heated Charge).

Hm, yeah that looks pretty dang good. Thanks!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Vegastar posted:

With nightwave, I don't see why not re-instate part of the old alerts system while continuing to roll with the credits shop idea.

Give the daily NW quests a resource reward, like 300 oxiuim or plastids or something, just a little bonus cache.

Mid-tier 3000 point missions get some helmets and aura mods on rotation weekly.

Elites get one 5 nitain stack, a potato blueprint and a forma blueprint or something.

Give the random invasion captures a reward of 5 credits each, maybe. Nothing huge.

Keep the shop, stop rotating auras and helmets around. Just stock them all permanently. Then people can do focused buys every week or so for poo poo they really want, instead of being at the RNG mercy of what freebies are stuck to the missions for the week, or can buy pre-built potatoes as they can now.

Seems like a nice little incentive while also not forcing a massive grind for everything, and acts as a less obnoxious artificial progress gate for newer folks.

EDIT: also maybe rotate some stance mods through the NW shop, considering what an idiotic grind some of those are (I'm looking at you, Crushing Ruin). Especially in light of the death of incursions from PoE, which was basically the only way to get some of them.

If you’re going to put rare stuff linked to the mid-tier challenges, then I would say remove the challenges that depend on having a certain amount of standing. I couldn’t do three of the 3000/5000 point missions last week because I’m a new player and couldn’t get to the required Vallis/Cetus standings, which, gently caress that.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
As someone who can only play for a few hours a day at most of I do nothing much else after work, Nightwave is nice because I can actually get Nitain in a reasonable timeframe now. They definitely made some missteps with some of the challenges and I have missed one or two due to various things but overall my experience with Nightwave has been positive.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Prop Wash posted:

If you’re going to put rare stuff linked to the mid-tier challenges, then I would say remove the challenges that depend on having a certain amount of standing. I couldn’t do three of the 3000/5000 point missions last week because I’m a new player and couldn’t get to the required Vallis/Cetus standings, which, gently caress that.

yeah that part was bullshit

at least let newbies get taxied to those challenges

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
How do I go about getting into the Switch clan?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only non-Skara weapon I've invested in is the Dual Ether and I don't have the morphics for that yet.

Good to know about the Wednesday stuff though!

Edit: nevermind, I got a third morphics in that last mission, so a I'll have them tomorrow along with my Bronco and Furis

Not sure if you already knew or not but remember to always raise frames and weapons to level 30 before deciding to abandon then. Mastery exp is tied to leveling up stuff.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Go to the SA Pro elite gamers discord and ask in their warframe chat

https://discord.gg/t225QK

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Console thread is here, and there's usually a core of 2-3 people playing. Raptor is almost always on.

Generally you want to post in the console thread if you're talking about console trading prices or matchmaking, or if PC has an update we don't, but if you're asking for build advice or general Warframe stuff, ask here.

rotaryfun posted:

How do I go about getting into the Switch clan?
Same thread, see above.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
i'm about to practice the mr9 test more once I get me banshee out of the oven. the redeemer i got sounds like it might make alot of noise and i'm not sure if her passive could work.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It does, it's the standard way of cheesing it, the other is apparently glaives.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The more I think about nightwave, the more I think it should just the the shop & wolf creds. As someone else said, make it so you can only buy the top tier rewards (armor, umbral forma, unique mods) once per season. Then the tier below that (20k kuva, triple pack of forma) twice per season. Everything else is the rotating weekly shop.

I also think the rewards should be for stuff you can do while playing other missions. Low tier stuff for killing with particular elements. Mid tier for killing 1k enemies. Leave the tough bullshit you have to go out of your way for to the 3 5k challenges.

You should get wolf credits every time you level up, as well as a choice of 3 random rewards.

I think it's the rank-up stuff that really bugs me this time round. Feeling like I'm going to have to do every single 3-5k task every week for the next ten weeks if I want the armour? I mean how much of a kick in the nuts is it going to be if I miss a week or two, and then in the last week i'm 2k short of the forma and armour? I've then wasted all of that time. It's just such a huge time investment to ask.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I talked about this some on the official forums, but it feels like the Syndicate ranks are the things that would appeal more to older players (umbral forma, novelty mods, prestige cosmetics, etc) while Wolf creds are the things that would benefit newer players (aura mods, nitain, blueprints, basic cosmetics, etc) so it's bizarre that the creds are entirely locked behind the ranks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Exalted Blade really punches above its weight

It does, I played with an MR5 Excal in Pluto and they actually held their weight really well.

Fruity20 posted:

i'm about to practice the mr9 test more once I get me banshee out of the oven. the redeemer i got sounds like it might make alot of noise and i'm not sure if her passive could work.

Different strokes, but I thought the MR9 challenge was stupidly easy if you have ever played a stealth game or section in your life. The enemies are deaf, near blind and conveniently follow the same pattern; it's more of a patience test than a skill test.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

When stuff goes into the vault, do the blueprints go up in cost over time?
What I should say is, is it worth buying some an Oberon prime as an investment to sell at a profit farther down the line?

Fruity20 posted:

Hehe, I posted about doing it yesterday. The gun makes no noise!
Well, it does go BANG! , but it's classed as silent, and it perfect for sniping them.
Oh, and the peeking round corner thing helps loads too. Totally cheesy, but great if you're impatient like me

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 26, 2019

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had a bit of trouble with the MR9 test, which I took last week. The second area can be a bit rough if you don’t have enemy sense because you can’t necessarily see where the second floor guys are, so bring a source of enemy sense. The third area is tricky until you realize the enemies can’t see the top of the columns, so just hop up there and slam down as necessary.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Adolf Glitter posted:

When stuff goes into the vault, do the blueprints go up in cost over time?
What I should say is, is it worth buying some an Oberon prime as an investment to sell at a profit farther down the line?

Yes but it takes a while and will also depend on how desirable the frame or weapon is and how often it pops up in Youtube meta lists. Oberon is neither that desirable or heavy in meta use except for Defection so I wouldn't expect his prices to jump fast enough for it to be worth it. Of the Oberon stuff I'd expect Silva and Aegis Prime to be the one that gets expensive over time if only for its fashion frame uses.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Samuringa posted:

Different strokes, but I thought the MR9 challenge was stupidly easy if you have ever played a stealth game or section in your life. ... more of a patience test than a skill test.

so, the opposite of any Warframe skills?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tulip posted:

hands up if as a noob you did the first few missions while crouching and thinking even one alarm was a failed mission

and then you pub just once and all that goes out the window

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

People who don't have a lot of time to play and people who have lots of time to play but aren't new. New players with lots of time to play... yeah, they get shafted on cosmetics/nitain compared to the old system. On the plus side, since they have tons of time to play, they'll be able to get cool stuff that wasn't available in the normal alert rotation.

You really couldn't have those on the old system. People complained endlessly about the 1-2 taters a week at random times. People would poo poo their pants in rage over that hypothetical umbral forma alert that's only available once every three months.

Literally this is all I care about - the cosmetics and other stuff you can't buy via plat. If I get a few forma, some kuva, etc. great but really it's not a huge issue. Missing out on those unobtainable rewards that are gate locked behind this entire system where you have to literally grind for 30k rep feels lovely (maybe not every week, but the total time involved to get to level 30). Especially if you have a bad work schedule, or have other responsibilities like folks said above.

They could make a few quick changes that would really improve the system almost immediately. The weekly quests all stay up if they're unfinished, so over time they accumulate and are available for you as a player to pick and choose how you want to try to catch up (if you want to grind it out). The unique rewards (cosmetics, captura, emotes, umb. forma, etc.) are all purchasable by plat. People that can't or don't want to commit the time to grind it all out now have an alt. path. They can either pay to get plat and obtain these, or they can spend the time farming up things to sell for plat, and then purchase them. Either way, DE as a company should win (people spend more time or they spend more dime).

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

njsykora posted:

Yes but it takes a while and will also depend on how desirable the frame or weapon is and how often it pops up in Youtube meta lists. Oberon is neither that desirable or heavy in meta use except for Defection so I wouldn't expect his prices to jump fast enough for it to be worth it. Of the Oberon stuff I'd expect Silva and Aegis Prime to be the one that gets expensive over time if only for its fashion frame uses.

I dunno - Oberon is definitely not mega popular or meta but he has very universal uses, can be heal and killframe and you get his basic version early enough to whet your apetite. I can imagine him being an okay thing to invest in, though definitely not Rhino or Saryn levels, no.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Man i just don’t have the energy to get mad about the new system. In the old alerts, I got maybe one potato every two or three months just cause of scheduling. I do have the advantage of being a legacy player, I’d hate to be a newbie and be staring down all those options to spend the too-rare wolf credits on. As it is, I’m spending some of my creds on the odd cosmetic I don’t have then for the last week will drop the remainder on taters. I have yet to miss a NW objective but I Also don’t have many responsibilities.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Considering that now I am at a position where I can sort of pick what weapons and mods I want - rivens aside - I'd like to try a new loadout. What would be the recommendations for a setup such as this:

Primary: A rifle or a shotgun that fires bullets/pellets; either rapid fire or slow but with ample aoe, no burst. Considering slotting a Toxic status on this one.

Melee: I actually never built a proper melee so anything goes here but preferably something with a good radius, so no Rapiers or Daggers. Will most likely slot Heat or Explosion in this one. I'll think about Zaws at some other point.

For my secondary, I'll be using the Twin Gremlins Prisma until I can get a Kitgun.

Tulip posted:

Even if you cheese or brute force Spy and Rescue missions you probably still must have played something with stealth in your life. And you get three tries!

I practice it first and was dumbfounded at how everything played out. Didn't need to do any of the fine-tuning that people kept recommending, Banshee or Enemy Radar, and I think my melee weapon was a scythe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Primary: boltor prime/ telos boltor
Melee: volnus or tatsu

Wait. What MR are you?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

njsykora posted:

Cool, thanks, I thought as much as if there was decent money to be made then prices would have started to creep up.

I ended up burning out in Eve doing trading (and definitely never botting, no, nope, never) so I should stay away from the speculation stuff really.

-ninja edit- Ah, he's only 80p for the set, might grab him for myself instead.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Samuringa posted:

It does, I played with an MR5 Excal in Pluto and they actually held their weight really well.

Different strokes, but I thought the MR9 challenge was stupidly easy if you have ever played a stealth game or section in your life. The enemies are deaf, near blind and conveniently follow the same pattern; it's more of a patience test than a skill test.

I watched vid about it and man it did look kinda easy. I sadly lack the confidence or patience to cheese it though.

btw: you guys member that joke about sliver forma being a myth? I just now learned umbral forma is a thing and it's kinda sliver. who knew.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Cheesing is usually faster, that's the whole point. And you don't have to worry, in any relay at Simaris' place you can try Practice for any given MR test you are eligible for. The Banshee + Redeemer cheese works like a charm, I did it myself, btw.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Ritznit posted:

Cheesing is usually faster, that's the whole point. And you don't have to worry, in any relay at Simaris' place you can try Practice for any given MR test you are eligible for. The Banshee + Redeemer cheese works like a charm, I did it myself, btw.

besides that, banshee still good? despite the rework she underwent.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Fruity20 posted:

besides that, banshee still good? despite the rework she underwent.

She's not a big map killer anymore, sadly. Fun for gimmicky challenges and whatnot, and has good use for fishing because of Sonar. Other than that, she's not a commonly needed frame anymore.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Samuringa posted:

Considering that now I am at a position where I can sort of pick what weapons and mods I want - rivens aside - I'd like to try a new loadout. What would be the recommendations for a setup such as this:

Primary: A rifle or a shotgun that fires bullets/pellets; either rapid fire or slow but with ample aoe, no burst. Considering slotting a Toxic status on this one.

Melee: I actually never built a proper melee so anything goes here but preferably something with a good radius, so no Rapiers or Daggers. Will most likely slot Heat or Explosion in this one. I'll think about Zaws at some other point.

Astilla modded for gas damage and a Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I used Ivara + Infiltration to skip MR12 last night. Worked great.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Banshee might have lost her Saryn-levels of "press 4 everything dies", but she's still a decent frame that helps out the whole team. She's a bit squishy, but her aura functions as a kind of protection, since everyone who comes near her gets stunned. I would recommend getting her sonar augment and building for strength and range. Cast it a couple of times, then shoot an enemy in a weak spot and watch a ridiculously huge number pop out. Then a mini sonar pops out of THAT enemy, and everyone around them is covered in overlapping weak spots that cause them to die to a stiff breeze.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ritznit posted:

I might actually do this.

Ironically I also want to give them some positive feedback, because the Exploiter Orb is the best new bossfight they've introduced since I started playing. I think someone actually heard me when I said "invuln phases can be okay but you always have to give the player something to do, dead air is the worst thing that can happen during a bossfight." There are still a few things that could have been done better (you should really be able to archwing out the top of Deck 12, for one, and I'm not entirely thrilled that the boss's real health meter doesn't interact with the damage system at all) but they're all relatively minor, and I understand the design pressure that made them e.g. tie everything to a disconnected heat mechanic instead of health, because Warframe's damage scaling is so variable and out of control.

That and it's only available during the event, of course. :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

its still around as long as you got thermium, and since it only requires one person in the group to have 1 therium we'll probably be able to coast for awhile in between fissures coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Berke Negri posted:

its still around as long as you got thermium, and since it only requires one person in the group to have 1 therium we'll probably be able to coast for awhile in between fissures coming back

oh rad