Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That hallway is way too loving big.

No offence meant to the wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Platystemon posted:

That hallway is way too loving big.

No offence meant to the wife.

we love our space. for example the wolfman occupies an entire wall where the wifes laptop used to go:

VVV Maybe thats why it looks so especially tacky, its like the uncanny valley for design. Our brains recognize every little detail as new but the but standout features are trying to look old and it does not parse

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 26, 2019

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else think all that fake-weathered stuff looks exceptionally bad up against builder-grade carpet, trim, and paint? It makes it all look unfinished rather than old.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Rotten Cookies posted:

The year is 2016. There's a facebook group to organize the 10 year reunion for my highschool's class of 2006. Everybody in there is posting their life updates for some reason. Like "Hey everyone! Long time no see, huh? Wow what a blast these 10 years have been. I moved down to Florida with my dad and started a tree service company with three locations." or "I had 3 wonderful babies with (one of their classmates) and couldn't be happier with life at [wherever they worked]"

Now, I wasn't in the class of 2006. But I was invited to the group, and I was feelin' weird. So I posted my own update saying that I've been running a successful fuckbench business for the past 4 years, and listed a bunch of sex furniture I'd be willing to make, and kinda made up names for stuff. Like I said I was making fiend holes. What the gently caress is a fiend hole? I don't loving know.

Well class of 2006 was into some kinky poo poo and I got a poo poo ton of messages from them. Work at the metal shop was slow, I wanted to make some cash, so..... I mean..... why not? I threw out some prices, had some people agree, and uh.... well.... I made some fuckbenches. I even did some vinyl upholstery haha

nice one

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

spicing up some drawers and I thought of you all

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Youth Decay posted:

have you ever wondered what a whole house of lovely Pinterest DIY "remodeling" projects would look like?

wonder no more

Getting a strong We’ll All Shed Our Mortal Shells And Fly Away On The Comet Together vibe from the matching recliners in a circle...

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

SpartanIvy posted:

I would put up with all of that for that sweet rear end garage though. Look at all that space. It would be like having your own warehouse.

It's p nice for a workshop gotta say, though the barn doors don't look great.

bring back old gbs posted:

we love our space. for example the wolfman occupies an entire wall where the wifes laptop used to go:

VVV Maybe thats why it looks so especially tacky, its like the uncanny valley for design. Our brains recognize every little detail as new but the but standout features are trying to look old and it does not parse

These ceilings are 14ft, and why is the floor sealed concrete exactly?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Warehouse converted into a home?

Those recliners in a circle are weird to me. "I want to be in the same place as my family, but I don't want to sit next to them"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
People always wanna pretend that a talking room with no boob tube is a good idea

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Those recliners in a circle are weird to me. "I want to be in the same place as my family, but I don't want to sit next to them"
Ewww! Why would you sit with your family in the masturbatorium?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

People always wanna pretend that a talking room with no boob tube is a good idea

Those chairs are all facing a tv.

Risky Bisquick posted:

It's p nice for a workshop gotta say, though the barn doors don't look great.

These ceilings are 14ft, and why is the floor sealed concrete exactly?

Looks like it’s just a Morton building style stick built garage they converted into a house.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Two of the chairs are definitely facing each other lol

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Two of the chairs are definitely facing each other lol

I bet they swivel

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Getting a strong We’ll All Shed Our Mortal Shells And Fly Away On The Comet Together vibe from the matching recliners in a circle...

This is actually the worst picture in there

Like all that work for the rest of the place and then they just consolidate their five fat Costco dadchairs to furnish it.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

:same:

(I'm also recovering from food poisoning today, but those pictures added a new spiritual dimension to my nausea, which I do not appreciate.)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This is totally not a room where we bring up the subject of swinging for the 1st time with newer friends.

Also lmao this utter trash.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rocks are for outside

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That Works posted:

This is totally not a room where we bring up the subject of swinging for the 1st time with newer friends.

Also lmao this utter trash.

I know it's the camera lens and perspective, but it feels like that door only opens 1 and a half foot wide before hitting the toilet and you gotta scootch your way around into the room.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

And what's with the giant deadbolt on the door to the shitter.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Why does that bathroom have a deadbolt?

Edit, godammit! :regd08:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Security against your wank being interrupted.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
panic shitter, that door is solid steel painted to look like faux lovely cabin wood

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rotten Cookies posted:

And what's with the giant deadbolt on the door to the shitter.

It is obviously the hallway entrance to the house

e: that said there is not enough room to open that door. It will absolutely hit the toilet, shocking design aptitude displayed.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really love the bedroom with the sliding door but also a gun safe

Can't lock the door to pull out your gun for intruders/wolfmans

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bring back old gbs posted:

found a normal sorta bathroom

a wooden bath area is kinda stupid but maybe its sealed better than it looks and-

REVERSE. ANGLE.

At least the sink and bath tub look functional.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Post your exterior door toilet entryways

[kate]

Shitter Foyer

[/kate]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also I just noticed that the shower has a window that looks out to the mirror, why? :psyduck:

faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005
what the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for!?

Bought a house. Looking for some paint suggestions. The reason I liked the place is because it has a rustic/country/up north feel to it and I would like to maintain that vibe. My whole life I've just used neutral grays because I am uncreative and suck at this kind of thing.

The floors are knotted pine and will be refinished to bring out a bit more of the white tones in the wood. As you can see the window and base trim is stained wood. I don't think my typical palette of neutral grays will work here. Any suggestions appreciated. FYI this is not my furniture so just consider it a blank slate.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Crowned posted:

Also I just noticed that the shower has a window that looks out to the mirror, why? :psyduck:

So you can watch for wolfmans sneaking up on you when you're in the shower. Duh.

Youth Decay posted:

have you ever wondered what a whole house of lovely Pinterest DIY "remodeling" projects would look like?

wonder no more

I'm real torn on this one. On the one hand, good for them for living the way they want to live rather than keeping everything nuetral for best resale value. On the other hand . . . the whole thing.

I wonder what happened. That isn't a weird reno, that house was built in 2014 so this is how it was built to begin with. This is someone's dream home.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PRADA SLUT posted:

This is actually the worst picture in there

Like all that work for the rest of the place and then they just consolidate their five fat Costco dadchairs to furnish it.

Dibs on username “Costco Dadchair”, please do not steal.

Iron Crowned posted:

Someone watched “Psycho” a few too many times.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder what happened. That isn't a weird reno, that house was built in 2014 so this is how it was built to begin with. This is someone's dream home.

Someone's dream home, but 2 people lived there and one had enough of that poo poo.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh those are rocks, lol. On my phone it looked like they inset a granite countertop slab into a crate, hahaha.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Mad jell of everyone's lovely homes, even the ones you rip the piss out of

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That Works posted:

Someone's dream home, but 2 people lived there and one had enough of that poo poo.

LOL, yeah, probably divorce. Looked like they divided the house up pretty well between competing desires though. Looks like the entire ground floor is garage + mancave, with most of the pintrest details confined to the second floor.

It does add some spice to this though:

Haifisch posted:

I wonder how much of that is because millennials realized they don't want or need that much space, and how much of that is because millennials can't afford giant houses(or any houses, if they live on the west coast).

Selling the barn door house now seems tricky (the asking price has already dropped 40K) but imagine how hard this would be to sell in another 10 years. This place is going to age badly. In another 50 years it might come back around to kitsch if it stays as is, but for the next 20 years it's just going to be dated as hell.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

value-brand cereal posted:

I know it's the camera lens and perspective, but it feels like that door only opens 1 and a half foot wide before hitting the toilet and you gotta scootch your way around into the room.

I don't see any hinges, the door probably opens outward.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I don't see any hinges, the door probably opens outward.

*Hey guys I gotta take a poo poo
*leaves

Bathroom is all set up for the Irish goodbye

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Somebody's knees got slammed by the door getting opened while on the shitter, and the deadbolt is the insurance to make sure that never happens again.

Yeah I saw that the door probably opens the other way :(

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Anyone have s good primer on picking carpeting or recommendations? We are buying a house from friends and one of the sweeteners they offered is to replace all the first floor carpeting with us being able to pick it. This will be our first house and neither my wife or I have experience with choosing carpeting.

We want to keep the budget reasonable (they are friends) but still decent quality. If it makes a difference the rooms are a connected dining room and living room that will be medium traffic and a seperate family room that will be lower traffic (wood floors everywhere else). We do have cats and a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

faarcyde posted:

Bought a house. Looking for some paint suggestions. The reason I liked the place is because it has a rustic/country/up north feel to it and I would like to maintain that vibe. My whole life I've just used neutral grays because I am uncreative and suck at this kind of thing.

The floors are knotted pine and will be refinished to bring out a bit more of the white tones in the wood. As you can see the window and base trim is stained wood. I don't think my typical palette of neutral grays will work here. Any suggestions appreciated. FYI this is not my furniture so just consider it a blank slate.

Looks kawaii! Please post empty room photos after the thread calms down shittalking this fugly pinterest house.
Classic colors for a classic home! White, wood, pastel yellow and green, darker accents in burgundy, navy and pine.