Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I don't follow basketball. On a scale of Steven Hawking to GRONK! how dumb is this guy?

That's one hell of a spectrum.

You must pay your taxes-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

haveblue posted:

Web browsers are supposed to coalesce space runs into a single space anyway, I'm not sure why Twitter didn't do it in that case.

Browsers always do it unless the website specifically jumps through hoops to prevent it from happening. Twitter jumps through those hoops (presumably so people can do ASCII art and emoji games)

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

This is wrong and Carter has failed us as all cool politicians inevitably do.

e: He's 100% right about Oxford commas though, so I'll rate him "semi-redeemed."

This on the other hand owns and I'm glad (and happily not at all surprised) to see she won't be kept down.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

theflyingorc posted:

everything I've read has said that DVORAK's gains are largely imaginary - your brain is the limiting factor, not the keyboard

Hell the initial study was performed by Dvorak himself and he either unintentionally or intentionally did not control for like any factors.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I don't follow basketball. On a scale of Steven Hawking to GRONK! how dumb is this guy?

no matter how much nike paid, everyone would just laugh their rear end off and forget about it the next day.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Double space after period is wrong. I'm squarely in Gen X, but thankfully our typing teacher long ago was enlightened enough to say "we used to double space, but since we don't use typewriters anymore, you don't have to do that."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that Ayton was or is dumb. He was an extremely highly recruited player coming out of high school, I'm sure many universities presented him with possible bags of booster cash.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

KickerOfMice posted:

That's one hell of a spectrum.

You must pay your taxes-

Is that your shop...? Because goddam. :golfclap:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mdemone posted:

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that Ayton was or is dumb. He was an extremely highly recruited player coming out of high school, I'm sure many universities presented him with possible bags of booster cash.

also making it funnier isn't he the dude who signed with Puma the day he left college?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Cable Guy posted:

Is that your shop...? Because goddam. :golfclap:

I wish. I suck at photoshop, it takes me forever.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

People who use two spaces after a period are literally worse than Trump.

Two spaces after a period is the paste on grids for windows of grammar. If that makes any sense to you, please send me your resume for exciting opportunities in the fenestration industry.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PressSec/status/1110350183685128198

Apologies if this was posted before but the graphic design on this is atrocious

Oh hey! The White House is, yet again, putting out a list of Liberals they disagree with! Why, this has never caused trouble in the past! What a great idea to keep doing. Over and over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol Smollett just got all charges against him dropped suddenly, what a shock

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

InsertPotPun posted:

Oh hey! The White House is, yet again, putting out a list of Liberals they disagree with! Why, this has never caused trouble in the past! What a great idea to keep doing. Over and over.

Will nobody rid me of these meddlesome Democrats?!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

Truly not at all suss. God bless those brave boys in blue

Caros
May 14, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

This has been the weirdest loving rollercoaster of a story.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

No explanation given?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Caros posted:

it's amazing how the arc was literally 'cops drag rear end before deciding to say the gay black anti-trump guy did it to defame innocent MAGA people because...reasons...as the case constantly has leaks that just happen to make Smollett look bad every time' to 'the FBI hears this, says 'oh poo poo so we should look at that', all leaks stop suddenly and the case goes away'.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry for the rando tweeter

https://twitter.com/moderateDG/status/1110560193543315456

:ironicat:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Young Freud posted:

No explanation given?

Not yet, waiting for his statement but his lawyer released a statement that makes it pretty clear the claim he orchestrated the attack was complete bunk

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde

Young Freud posted:

No explanation given?
Deferred Prosecution... he forfeits his bond of $10,000

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/empire-jussie-smollett-emergency-court-hearing/

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

So surprised that Chicago Cops did something dirty.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e: jfc at that double flase flag bullshit, lol nuke chicago, their pizza crimes alone warrent it.

Angry_Ed posted:

Given that he said a lot of stuff he wasn't proud of when he was younger (and owned up to it), it is entirely possible he was/is a goon.

impossible, goons can't grow, move past the mistakes , and say a "real" sorry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/PrettyBadLefty/status/1110560305816453121

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1110417529955069952?s=19

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
So... this basically confirms that the criminal charges against him were a set up by CPD, right? Like, not even trying to comment on the original attack because I just don't know, but randomly dropping all charges seems ridiculously suspicious.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Caros posted:

Eh, the simplest way to follow the story is "assume the Chicago PD is up to no good at all times." Even if all the evidence makes sense, ACAB and it was a weird-rear end crime to begin with.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

Slippery Tilde
Edit: sorry, was in the article I posted

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well that’ll change the news cycle.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's pretty clear that Barr will be a more effective evil dooer in that job than Sessions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

So... this basically confirms that the criminal charges against him were a set up by CPD, right? Like, not even trying to comment on the original attack because I just don't know, but randomly dropping all charges seems ridiculously suspicious.

more or less, he's getting the charges wiped clean from his record and it sounds like everything was dropped so there's not much explanation other than 'the CPD, shockingly, lied about a gay black man'

Of course this will do nothing to make things right, every story about this is already full of "CELEB INJUSTICE AT IT AGAIN OBAMA :argh:" and the Fox News crowd will never be held accountable for spreading this absolute nonsense about the victim of a crime, but hey.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Cable Guy posted:

Edit: sorry, was in the article I posted

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1110561078663135234

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

10 Million was way too much, he should have known 100k would have been basta

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1110556854134833153?s=19

our big wet potus is easily confused

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nah they got what they wanted by muddying the waters to the media that will just repeat the lies they are told and you will never stop hearing about how hate crimes aren't real.

It's the same thing every time where they release their bogus statement and then correct it a week later when no one is paying attention.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Radish posted:

Nah they got what they wanted by muddying the waters to the media that will just repeat the lies they are told and you will never stop hearing about how hate crimes aren't real.

It's the same thing every time where they release their bogus statement and then correct it a week later when no one is paying attention.

yea this will be just like how they still hold Kav up as an innocent, sweet, man beset by the mob of liars and sluts, it doesn't matter what the truth is, the goal was to muddy waters enough so they can cling to this even after it's over.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Radish posted:

yup even if they came out now and said "jk he's 100 percent innocent we hosed up" it's still gonna be "racism isn't real see they gotta fake hate crimes" to those people. they were saying it was fake before any information besides he reported being attacked by chuds.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao the context of this photo makes this a home run tweet.
God drat it, gone

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol the prosecutors asked for this, by the way, meaning the government literally asked for their own indictment to be dismissed. That's...not a thing that happens much, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pacerhimself posted:

Lmao the context of this photo makes this a home run tweet.
God drat it, gone

Gone, what was it?