Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh man the Vollebak folks are releasing the Black Squid jacket I posted about tomorrow and I really can’t be spending five hundred notes plus (guessing costs) for a gimmicky sports outerlayer :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this looks like a trash bag

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

this looks like a trash bag

turn your monitor on

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh man the Vollebak folks are releasing the Black Squid jacket I posted about tomorrow and I really can’t be spending five hundred notes plus (guessing costs) for a gimmicky sports outerlayer :o:

I like this material but the Adidas version looked way better.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Skyscraper posted:

I like this material but the Adidas version looked way better.

for a clown to wear

at the cybercircus

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Roosevelt posted:

for a clown to wear

at the cybercircus

dang go easy on em rooseveldt

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

new realtime (with enough grunt) tech demo from Unreal Engine, looking like some Blade Runner poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fC20NWhx4s

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

thought this led cherry tree was p cyberpunk

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/41strange/status/1110344087138271232

:cool:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.alexonsager.net/2014/07/23/censoring-chinese-scammers.html

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.vollebak.com/product/black-squid-jacket-advance-access/

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

welp; never underestimate what people will pay I guess :o:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The Adidas also cost less, apparently.
https://www.endclothing.com/us/adidas-xeno-windbreaker-ap1729.html
back when you could still get it, anyway

I wasn't expecting the off-brand version to cost double that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lambert posted:

I-Mode was the future, not WAP.

I-Mode is the greatest

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Skyscraper posted:

The Adidas also cost less, apparently.
https://www.endclothing.com/us/adidas-xeno-windbreaker-ap1729.html
back when you could still get it, anyway

I wasn't expecting the off-brand version to cost double that.

no no, this isn't off-brand, it's bespoke limited edition, think gabriel hounds from zero history

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

infernal machines posted:

no no, this isn't off-brand, it's bespoke limited edition, think gabriel hounds from zero history

Oh I'm so sorry you're right

quote:

The material is highly experimental so small blemishes and marks will appear on the surface of the jacket over time, both during the production process and once it’s being worn, which means no two jackets will ever look quite the same.
random errors make it fancy!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/claytoncubitt/status/1108970966691008512

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

edit: this is available to ‘borrow’ from archive.org if you want to do some reading

https://archive.org/details/cyberpunkoutlaw000hafn

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 27, 2019

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
Yeesh, I suspect the inconvenience of holding a deece security clearance is only going up up up.

quote:

The eventual goal, said Nehmer, is a system that can sense not just impending insider crime but also far more intimate states of being; pre-crime, if you will. “We can begin to add whether or not the activity that the individual is producing is increasing, decreasing, or staying within a fairly normative range. If it’s staying within a normative range then as long as there are no business rules that are broken, likely we don’t have a problem. If their activity dramatically increases there is likely stress. But there are a lot of ways to measure activity. If it significantly decreases, it’s likely that there is some external controlling factor on that.”

In other words, it’s a window not just into a person’s past but their present state of mind, or what Nehmer calls “micro changes” in behavior.

“We are putting these into a construct so that we can detect minute changes in behavior across an entire pattern of life, so that we can detect stress,” he said. “Fundamentally, we are there to look out for micro changes in behavior that might indicate that a person is interested, or disinterested, in continuing their affiliation with the Department of Defense, or discontinuing their affiliation with life,” he said, referring specifically to the epidemic of veteran suicides. “If we do our jobs right, we can help prevent suicides, data breaches, or things that people, when they’re under stress, things that they do,” he says.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2019/03/us-military-creating-future-employee-monitoring/155824/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prisoner of waffles posted:

Yeesh, I suspect the inconvenience of holding a deece security clearance is only going up up up.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2019/03/us-military-creating-future-employee-monitoring/155824/

lmao. it's MIC, so of course they actually believe this poo poo works

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
they're too biased towards action (when it Might Stop A Bad Guy) for serious contemplation of the possible side effects

otoh they did remove the requirement to report most kinds of outpatient psych/emotional treatment from the SF 86. I wonder who had the brainwave that that was discouraging their cleared workforce from getting needed help... or if they just decided that data provided too much noise and not enough signal

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we will surveil you for life using the digital haruspex

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

fwiw they are probably more interested in catching people becoming less trustworthy

you can Bing up the website where they post appeals of security clearance denials/revocations and their outcomes, suitably deidentified. judging from that sample people get bounced for prior criminal charges, failure to manage debt, drug use, other lifestyle issues mostly

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

we will surveil you for life using the digital haruspex

the cool part will be when you must agree to it and agree to not evade it as a condition of clearance

clearance is, from a labor market perspective, a very artificial thing which gives a lot of job security though!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Shadowrun af:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47704353

This group of activist who want to overthrow Kim Jong Un grifted their way in the Nork embassy in Madrid, took the staff hostage, put on their clothes, pretended everything was fine when the cops showed up, and then escaped with a bunch of computers.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol also on archive

https://archive.org/details/TheRealCyberpunkFakeBook

you can read the whole thing in-browser without downloading / ‘borrowing’ it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I've got both of these on my bookshelf :cool:

I got the cyberpunk handbook from a used bookstore in eugene. Someone had put an old rear end printout of how to make a redbox in there, very :cool:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

polygraph was taken as far as it could go so they needed a new grift for the contractors to work on.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/24/soldier-charged-going-rogue-computer-game-virtual-battlefield/

quote:

Soldier charged after 'going rogue' during computer game on virtual battlefield

24 MARCH 2019 • 7:38 PM
A soldier has been formally charged after “losing his rag” during a virtual battlefield exercise and killing his comrades.

The Edinburgh-based Army rifleman is believed to be the first soldier to be punished under UK military law for offences in a virtual scenario rather than in real life.

He is said to have been fed-up with being stuck at a computer rather than training outside.

A source from 3rd Battalion, the Rifles told the Mail on Sunday: “We'd spent two weeks sitting in front of laptops pretending we were in a really hostile urban environment - I'd challenge anyone to take it seriously for that long.

“All this was taking place in an office at our headquarters, when we'd rather be doing real-life soldiering outside in the fresh air. But there's less of that sort of exercise these days because the Army has committed to Unit-based Virtual Training.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Not...not like this

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
black mirror episode idea: ornery chav teamkills their virtual battilion only to find out that the batillion was real and he was piloting a death robot the whole time

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

if they get pissed at their lovely team and rage quit... they rage quit... REAL LIFE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There was more on that in the UK press. Apparently he was riding about in the back of a hummvee or whatever, got bored, shot all the other people and took the car for a virtual joyride.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

communism bitch posted:

There was more on that in the UK press. Apparently he was riding about in the back of a hummvee or whatever, got bored, shot all the other people and took the car for a virtual joyride.

lol that owns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

communism bitch posted:

and apparently his punishment was to stand outside on guard duty?

so he got what he wanted?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

communism bitch posted:

Offender's game

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

prisoner of waffles posted:

the Army has committed to Unit-based Virtual Training
lol just lol

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
who do I gotta teamkill just to get a little fresh air around here???

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

gonadic io posted:

Offender's game

would them being adults result in more or less penises than the original?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

duz posted:

would them being adults result in more or less penises than the original?

stannis voice FEWER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC if you did that in America's Army they would send your character to jail and you had to make a new one and start over