Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Oxyclean posted:

You're not wrong about it's history and how it was viewed, but IMO it gets you gamer cred from people who matter.

Myst is cool. Riven was cool. Cyan is a cool studio. (They just put up a kickstarter for a new game.)

When I was at Activision I pushed them to publish Cyan's first game (The Manhole) and led the CD-ROM project and ports to other platforms (DOS, FM Towns).

The Manhole (basically an interactive children's book) was the first title that had an entirely contextual interface (no navigation buttons etc.). I knew they were going to do great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

If the Dems running have even mortified iota of competence it should be easy to run against letting pre-existing condition restrictions coming back.

So if the Dems do exactly what they’ve already proven they can do then they can win.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. the dems ran on healthcare and other issues in 2018 and swept. if trump wants to try to retcon his failures and some how manages to kill obamacare, he is loving done.

Ages ago. this is already solid. Try to take medicare expansion, you're done.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Trump also ran by promising everything to everyone and that it would be so common-sense and easy to do.

Now that he's had to actually take positions and many of his initiatives have failed, that won't work as well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fart Amplifier posted:

He won the 2016 election by campaigning against health care and brown people

no? 'repeal and replace' ad nauseum

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

If the Dems running have even mortified iota of competence it should be easy to run against letting pre-existing condition restrictions coming back.

Dems ran on healthcare and won in 2018. This is an unbelievably stupid own-goal from Trump, that hands an already positive conversation for Dems a bigger victory and takes the attention away from his investigation cover-up.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Barry Foster posted:

My body's been falling apart day by day since I turned 30, in a frankly alarmingly rapid and noticeable fashion. Getting old (even vaguely 'old') sucks, I can imagine it gets worse and worse.

40 will be enough for me I reckon

EDIT - and that's not even taking into account inbound climate hell

You know it is possible to be old and reasonably fit. Not eating like a teenager can help.

Of course, if you were dealt a bad hand genetically, that sucks.

I'm old as hell (62) and still bike to work etc.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Gort posted:

Trump also ran by promising everything to everyone and that it would be so common-sense and easy to do.

Now that he's had to actually take positions and many of his initiatives have failed, that won't work as well.

This is new and enlightening information that we have never gone over before.

His positions are the most hands-up-rear end ones you could possibly negotiate, though. True.

I'm so angry today! :argh: No offense.

Art of the deal my shining white rear end.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 27, 2019

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Hopefully he pivots to climate change next.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1110929436604592129

Jaxyon posted:

Dems ran on healthcare and won in 2018. This is an unbelievably stupid own-goal from Trump, that hands an already positive conversation for Dems a bigger victory and takes the attention away from his investigation cover-up.

it really is ridiculous how goddamn stupid he is.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Fart Amplifier posted:

He won the 2016 election by campaigning against health care and brown people

Not that he didn't take every possible position on everything, but no he didn't run against healthcare in 2016. He ran on providing it.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
OK, I get what folks say in reaction to other folks making GBS threads on WaPo for their editorials. Those are opinion pieces after all. But just read this, this is their "news" now, doing Trump's work for him.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1110944092836499458

OK, "surge?" "Breaking point?" Well...a quote from the same article a few paragraphs in:

quote:

Though Border Patrol apprehensions remain below their annual peak of 1.6 million in 2000, the nature of the increasing migration flows has shifted dramatically, and that shift is driving the alarm.

So this is a "surge" and a "breaking point" that still remains below recent historical peaks. OK then. Carry on.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pakled posted:

The average Republican does not experience cognitive dissonance, the average Democrat does.

fixed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

VideoGameVet posted:

When I was at Activision I pushed them to publish Cyan's first game (The Manhole) and led the CD-ROM project and ports to other platforms (DOS, FM Towns).

The Manhole (basically an interactive children's book) was the first title that had an entirely contextual interface (no navigation buttons etc.). I knew they were going to do great stuff.

sweet, another goon who changed the world

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1110929436604592129

it really is ridiculous how goddamn stupid he is.
I’m convinced he actually believes most of the BS that comes out of his mouth which is scarier than if he was doing it for political reasons

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m convinced he actually believes most of the BS that comes out of his mouth which is scarier than if he was doing it for political reasons

Oh he absolutely does. Narcissist/borderlines can not distinguish between facts and feelings. He isn't operating under the same definition of true/false as everyone else, that's what makes those people so dangerous in personal relationships and everywhere else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KickerOfMice posted:

Ages ago. this is already solid. Try to take medicare expansion, you're done.

well he is trying to bring back pre-existing and get rid of the expansion. gently caress his poo poo.

VH4Ever posted:

OK, I get what folks say in reaction to other folks making GBS threads on WaPo for their editorials. Those are opinion pieces after all. But just read this, this is their "news" now, doing Trump's work for him.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1110944092836499458

OK, "surge?" "Breaking point?" Well...a quote from the same article a few paragraphs in:

So this is a "surge" and a "breaking point" that still remains below recent historical peaks. OK then. Carry on.

sorta. they are only breaking because trump wants zero tolerance prison camps. in the older days, they would just turn them out quicker or would look the other way. now the courts are full because trump wants a show trial for everything.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGameVet posted:

You know it is possible to be old and reasonably fit. Not eating like a teenager can help.

My landlord is in his 80s and is constantly riding his bike and running and poo poo. It really makes me jealous as 32 year old man who only just became at all fit

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yes

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Perhaps?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well he is trying to bring back pre-existing and get rid of the expansion. gently caress his poo poo.

sorta. they are only breaking because trump wants zero tolerance prison camps. in the older days, they would just turn them out quicker or would look the other way. now the courts are full because trump wants a show trial for everything.

That I get but people telling folks concerned about the hard right turn of these editorial boards kept saying it was only the opinion side. This sure seems like now it IS coming out on the news side too, which validates the concerns people had over the editorials. We're in a really concerning fascist drift now, and this is another brick in the proverbial wall.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

VideoGameVet posted:

loving this (also not judging the OP).

My wife claims to be in chronic pain. What she describes sounds a lot like the inflammation I've heard about from eating a diet primarily of simple carbs and dairy. Which is all she eats like she was 13 years old and not nearly 40.

On the other hand, I'm in my mid-40s and don't have any of that. I'd say 4/5 of my daily intake is a combination of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Little meat.

When I get stupid every couple of months and indulge on a huge multi-serving bag of chips or candy or fast food, I feel like absolute poo poo for about a day.

If you haven't started eating healthier, you should start now. Have a little candy and chips, now and then but save most of it for the CHUDS to own the libs.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Pakled posted:

This raises the question, what IS a winning issue for Republicans? It's not taxes, they managed to make a tax cut unpopular for the first time in American history. Is it "the economy?" There's not much they can do about that legislatively since their whole message is "things are fine the way they are." Is it immigration? Everyone in DC except Trump knows that what he wants can't possibly pass through Congress.

Apparently they are going all in on spite

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah man. I guess I just worded my reaffirmation of how dumb Republicans running on healthcare is in a salty sort of way. I entirely expect the house NewDems kicking their teeth in if they try.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1110862470577602561?s=20
https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1110941535766568960?s=20
https://twitter.com/Clean_Coalition/status/1110946586568339457?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Week I guess he's making "them" pay for it where "them" means any non white

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cheesus posted:

My wife claims to be in chronic pain. What she describes sounds a lot like the inflammation I've heard about from eating a diet primarily of simple carbs and dairy. Which is all she eats like she was 13 years old and not nearly 40.

Maybe you should take your spouse at her word instead of shaming her about her diet and humblebragging about yours on the internet.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VideoGameVet posted:

You work at home Frank!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

exploded mummy posted:

guess who has decided to be the face of transparency and turn over FOIA requests with a same day turnaround

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1110916795328851968?s=19

...so has anyone found something new here?

All I'm finding is outlets like Fox mentioning it and reiterating the Obama conspiracy thing that the Chicago PD union was pushing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cheesus posted:

way to own your wife on the internet there

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Cheesus posted:

My wife claims to be in chronic pain.

So you are telling strangers online that your wife is a serial liar?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kafka Esq. posted:

I was only a lad when this all happened, is she saying she wished it was more private?

It was pretty humiliating for her, yeah.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Wrong thread!

:v:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 27, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kafka Esq. posted:

I was only a lad when this all happened, is she saying she wished it was more private?

It's literally known to most people as the "Lewinsky scandal" as if it was her doing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

It's literally known to most people as the "Lewinsky scandal" as if it was her doing

She mostly works in anti-bullying work now and will, justifiably, walk right off the stage if someone asks about Bill Clinton.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

kumba posted:

does anyone know why the house voted this week to subsidize european and eurasian energy diversification?

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-03/hr1616.pdf

i don't get it, isn't this something the EU should probably be doing and not us? why are we even involved with this or is it some NATO thing

AFAIK this is probably a good thing. The EU and others in the region are super reliant on natural gas, the majority of which flows from Russian oil fields through Gazprom-owned pipes.

Obviously this is a major national security risk for NATO, as any restriction of the flow of gas can have disastrous economic/humanitarian effects that give Russia huge leverage without any military involvement. Russia's gas disputes with Ukraine were a good test of this capability.

Diversifying types of energy production and means of moving natural gas means less reliance on Russia's infrastructure (and more competition in the energy market, which is a side benefit for these regions). This serves American economic interests as well since the U.S. now exports natural gas in the form of LNG, which is stable enough to be shipped to Europe.

Western countries are also investing in their own pipeline infrastructure. BP for instance is building a pipe routed through the Caucasus to give the European market access to Azerbaijani gas.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 27, 2019

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1110954640676253701?s=19

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Cheesus posted:

loving this (also not judging the OP).

On the other hand, I'm in my mid-40s and don't have any of that. I'd say 4/5 of my daily intake is a combination of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Little meat.

When I get stupid every couple of months and indulge on a huge multi-serving bag of chips or candy or fast food, I feel like absolute poo poo for about a day.

If you haven't started eating healthier, you should start now. Have a little candy and chips, now and then but save most of it for the CHUDS to own the libs.

You're not stupid every couple months. You're stupid constantly.

If your wife "claims" to be in chronic pain, which is a major stressor and can eventually end tragically without support, you should help her find out why instead of throwing out theories. Or if she is lying (shes probably not) dig into why she would do such a thing. If you're not willing to do either you should leave and let her find someone that actually supports her you rotten gently caress.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KickerOfMice posted:

I appreciate the response, but you must be hanging out out with a really sucky crowd if that's the impression you get. Every city could be so much more, at least this one has taken the first steps.

An honest answer, and that's a helluva good thing.

E-How can this be improved?

I try to canvas as much as I can during election season. I've heard and talk to a lot of really lovely people. My friend bubble as well as my work bubble are all real good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eviltastic posted:

...so has anyone found something new here?

All I'm finding is outlets like Fox mentioning it and reiterating the Obama conspiracy thing that the Chicago PD union was pushing.

They didn't have a case

I am cross posting because it's hard to type rn

Megillah Gorilla posted:

[moved from the USNews thread]

Going through the files now.

File 1, the stuff only really beings on page 4 of the report.

Reading through to the end of file 1 - the only evidence the cops bring forth comes from the two brothers.

[REDACTED] was shown picture of rope. [REDACTED] admitted they used rope to make a noose.

[REDACTED] was shown picture of sauce bottle. [REDACTED] admitted that was the bottle they filled with bleach.

I mean, at no point in what I'm reading did the cops show them, say, the wrong picture or try and trip them up or anything. They lead the brothers the entire way.

Starting on File 2 which seems to be everything which didn't come from the two brothers.

I see that the police have left out the entirety of page 4 witness statement.

And pages 4 and 6 of the investigation of the security cameras.

TLDR, the cameras caught nothing. The only thing the cops have from the cameras is the brothers buying clothes and we've all seen that already.

EDIT: Aaaaand nothing about any rope.

So, what they have is one file where the brothers say everything the cops want to hear and a second file where all the "hard evidence" of camera footage turns out to not exist.

The only footage they have apart from the clothes buying is from Smollett's building when he leaves on the night of the attack. And that means nothing.

They said a woman who works in Smollett's building saw him leave and pointed out the car she believes was his. But they don't include in the file whether it was.

But even if it was, we know Smollett was driving that night, so that whole part of the file was utterly pointless.