Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Spend a week living in a shotgun house in 45 C New Orleans with nothing but a fan before you start talking about how much you love the heat imho.

i've done the equivalent in wollongong and it wasnt awful but I'm not sure how humid one is versus the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

my bitter bi rival posted:

:) im not a seattle expert, but if you are staying downtown and like beer, expense a dinner at no anchor if you feel up to going out.

seconded

no anchor looks like a dumb beer bar but they actually have extraordinary, chef-driven food

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol watching the news and the average auto loan interest rate is 6.2% now. Holy pissssss

Apr 7, 2003

The auto industry and everything about it is just an incredible scam

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i've done the equivalent in wollongong and it wasnt awful but I'm not sure how humid one is versus the other

yeah right like that’s a real place. :rolleyes:

Apr 7, 2003

Nipping down some lardy Johns at my flat in wollongong

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the wollongong show

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

prefect posted:

cjs: i have eaten lunch, and now i am sleepy and my belt is too tight :saddowns:

I have a presentation in 10 minutes and must poop

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nipping down some lardy Johns at my flat in wollongong

*in the 'gong

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

john leguizamo’s house of gongin’

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cjs today was a good day to get owned by people removing trees so i could telework and get out of having to sit in a 2 hour long all hands meeting

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

g'day cunts just gettin me tucker on with some maccas and frothies down at the wallagong in me thongs and budgie smugglers. fair dinkum. 45°c i reckon

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

g'day cunts just gettin me tucker on with some maccas and frothies down at the wallagong in me thongs and budgie smugglers. fair dinkum. 45°c i reckon

ɔɥʇᴉq SOԀSO⅄

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

sco' for smoko and grab some tinnies and durries from the servo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

yeah right like that’s a real place. :rolleyes:
kalamazoo man weighing in on silly town names here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

dammit. i knew this was going to happen.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

dammit. i knew this was going to happen.

your own petard...

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

gently caress I guess I missed it :negative:

any chance of this still happening by mid April?????

Azaleas will be blooming then, similar in a lot of ways

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lol watching the news and the average auto loan interest rate is 6.2% now. Holy pissssss

is that lower than it should be? higher? i've never taken out an auto loan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i feel like it's pretty high, based on all the car ads i have seen advertising 0% financing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

your own petard...
https://twitter.com/dxggeaux/status/1106680928145793024?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i dont even know what a petard is

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

it’s an explosive at least by reference to the french word

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

a really dumb dog

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rocket jumping in quake is the style originator of hoisting oneself by one’s own petard

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

that seems abnormally high. when i was looking last year, my credit union offered around 2.4%. my gf bought a used mini cooper back in dec and her rates were around 2.8%

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Poniard posted:

ɔɥʇᴉq SOԀSO⅄

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jesus WEP posted:

petard (n.)

1590s, "small bomb used to blow in doors and breach walls," from French pétard (late 16c.), from Middle French péter "break wind," from Old French pet "a fart," from Latin peditum, noun use of neuter past participle of pedere "to break wind," from PIE root *pezd- "to fart" (see feisty). Surviving in phrase hoist with one's own petard (or some variant) "blown up with one's own bomb," which is ultimately from Shakespeare (1605):

For tis the sport to haue the enginer Hoist with his owne petar ["Hamlet" III.iv.207].

See hoist.

hoist (v.)

1540s, "to raise, lift, elevate," especially with a rope or tackle, earlier hoise (c. 1500), from Middle English hysse (late 15c.), which probably is from Middle Dutch hyssen (Dutch hijsen) "to hoist," related to Low German hissen and Old Norse hissa upp "raise," Danish heise, Swedish hissa. A nautical word found in most European languages (French hisser, Italian issare, Spanish izar), but it is uncertain which coined it. Related: Hoisted; hoisting. In phrase hoist with one's own petard, it is the past participle.

For 'tis the sport, to have the engineer
Hoist with his own petar: and it shall go hard
But I will delve one yard below their mines,
And blow them at the moon: O 'tis most sweet,
When in one line two crafts directly meet.
["Hamlet," Act III, Scene iv]

Meaning "to lift and remove" was prevalent c. 1550-1750. As a noun, 1650s, "act of hoisting;" 1835, "that by which something is hoisted," from the verb.

(i love this poo poo)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus WEP posted:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a really dumb dog
                /
               /

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

/
               /

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol good work this page y'all

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

/
               /

lol
           /
          /

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

/
          /

[/quote]

the dog is saying the posts :xd:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a really dumb dog

thought that was a pendant

Apr 7, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

When I bought a new car in 2014, I got a 0.9% rate

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i paid 0% for prior year model on clearance in 2014

i would have preferred a cash discount but they wouldn't give one, it was weird as gently caress

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
like usually you get a cash discount or 0% (assuming you can even qualify for the latter) but nope, for this sale on this particular model it was 0% (or best you qualified for) and that's it, no cash back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

/
          /

the dog is saying the posts :xd:
[/quote]