Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
For me, at least, I just came back during 3.5 and haven't bothered capping every week. My healers are 397, tank/sam 385ish, and most of the rest in Omega slumgear.

Most people that play consistently and haven't just caught up should have easy 390 sets for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I am surprised everyone isn't one 390 by now. I have more Gen than I know what to do with

There's so much to do in this game it's really easy to neglect getting grinding genesis once you've lost a reason/motivation to do so. Like once you've unlocked Ghimlit, they game doesn't really "need" you to raise you ilvl anymore. (Unless you want to do stuff like savage/extreme)

For me once I was all caught up with the story and did Orbonne, I just went full focus on leveling my alts. Doing all the good exp roulettes would usually take up enough of my evening that I didn't really want to do an EXDR on top of it. (and now that I'm done levelling everything to 70, I kinda want to play things that aren't XIV. :v: )

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
If you'd be doing a bit of Eureka every week capping genesis wouldn't been a problem at all :smuggo:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How fast does his ultimate attack go off? I'm i399 as RDM and his swords shattered pretty quickly. That could just be because of Dualcast, though.

It's a very long cast, looked like more than 30 seconds and probably closer to a minute. I ran it as i400 sam though so the dps check barely registered.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
I did the msq as 376 ish DRK with an ilvl 380 crafted weapon and had no problems with damage. I think I had like 65 on the charge meter? Health wasn’t an issue but that goes without saying with DRKs mitigation and self healing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A bout of bad/lackluster content killed a lot of people's interest in Genesis/playing and now they're coming back to prepare for the expansion.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Choyi posted:

If you'd be doing a bit of Eureka every week capping genesis wouldn't been a problem at all :smuggo:

The fact that I'd rather level a character by doing MSQDR & ADR for like the 100th time says a lot about Eureka.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

That Eureka exists is a kind of problem for getting in every week, since if you’ve been keeping up you’ve probably finished whatever weapons you wanted to make, made your average 1.4 sets of elemental armor or whatever, and now you don’t have a reason other than tome stone grinding to play. Coupled with the fact that all of your tome stones are about to be mulched into poetics and everything will be cheaper to buy when shb rolls over, it’s not hard to see why people haven’t bothered.

It’s a good time to take a break, play other games (S E K I R O) and meditate under a waterfall to clear your mind and prepare your body for shb.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Toto-rak. Tank insists on pulling literally every mob, honest healer, other DPS is an ACN who always gets stuck behind and they don't turn off pet knockback. Ah, yes, now I remember why I don't do LDR.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

The fact that I'd rather level a character by doing MSQDR & ADR for like the 100th time says a lot about Eureka.

I'd rather not play the game at all then step my foot into MSQDR even once.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Actually speaking of Eureka there was no mention of its 5.X incarnation at fanfest. Wasn't Eureka itself shown off during the Stormblood fanfests? I wonder if they're even more behind with the 5.X version somehow

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Oh and also the server merges mean some people are just going to take their break earlier so they can see how statics fall out after the merges and see about getting into a static before SHB drops. Not 100% sure what the effect of those data center changes is, but I know there is one.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I am surprised everyone isn't one 390 by now. I have more Gen than I know what to do with

my highest class is 365 because i haven't had any reason to do activities that give genesis :shrug:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

What's your weapon / ilvl, for curiosity's sake? I did it as a 385 DRK (seiryu weapon) and the damage race was around half charged. I watched a BIS SAM streamer one-shot one of the swords so it took him a matter of GCDs to do the whole thing.

I'm 398 and have a 395 weapon

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Actually speaking of Eureka there was no mention of its 5.X incarnation at fanfest. Wasn't Eureka itself shown off during the Stormblood fanfests? I wonder if they're even more behind with the 5.X version somehow

they mentioned it was gonna exist but didn't provide any details. I think we only learned any specifics around 4.2

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

isk posted:

Toto-rak. Tank insists on pulling literally every mob, honest healer, other DPS is an ACN who always gets stuck behind and they don't turn off pet knockback. Ah, yes, now I remember why I don't do LDR.

This is why I try to always run roulettes with goons/FC members.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
My mains are only 340 because I'm doing other things I neglected across ARR+ two expansions. I'm as boring a player as they come. My glamour is artifact/relic armor for most classes despite having a metric ton of poo poo stashed across 3 retainers and a full glam chest. My focuses now are buying stuff off vendors I neglected like hunt seals and tradeskills to 70 or as close to possible. There just isn't enough hours in the day to take in all the content unless you've been playing non stop and have a bunch of it checked off already.

I may buy a 380 set for one of these to go into ShB with depending on how much time I have left to finish the MSQ before it's too late. If I get tradeskills caught up somewhat that would be a good feeling to make my own. I'm hoping they are as generous with gear sets in the next expansions MSQ like they were in Stormblood.

I had quit right after finishing 4.0. I'm in no rush. I don't do savage/extreme content so I have no interest in playing at that level so whatever gets me through MSQ content is good enough for me.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Low key Pratchett reference in the first new Hildibrand scene. I see you there, Koji.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

A speculation that's been percolating is that Eureka was initially tied to Final Fantasy III. It was an optional dungeon at the bottom of the Crystal Tower. There's even some in-game text in 4.X Eureka talking about how people thought Eureka would have been below the Crystal Tower. The final cutscene of the Crystal Tower raid series was Nero tossing his little energy probe tracker down into the mists below the Crystal Tower. There's lore that there's supposed to be a labyrinth deeper than LotA full of Allagan weapons.

It's... a lot of circumstantial evidence combined with the Crystal Tower becoming main plot relevant that 5.X Eureka is quite possibly going to be THAT Eureka.

Also somewhat related to the Crystal Tower, a fun little choice of words:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
If the last expansions are anything to go by, the first dungeon in ShB will have 390 gear and the next will have 400.

After that, the pattern seems to be a 6-point jump in the X5, X7, and X9 dungeons, so 406, 412, and 418.

Which means we'll either be getting antiquated AF gear at ilvl :420: or they'll skip that number all together.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

M.c.P posted:

Low key Pratchett reference in the first new Hildibrand scene. I see you there, Koji.

I'm almost positive the same one was used before. Maybe back in HW?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

Eureka was announced, and they showed some promo art but that was it. It was supposed to be a launch feature and then got pushed back like 4 or 5 times. We never had any real indication what it would be until the live letter right before it came out. As far as the 5.x incarnation we don't know anything other than it exists and they're split on if they want to put the relic in it again or not.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 27, 2019

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is there a handy site/application to track things for completionist sake?

I found the FFXIV Checklist which is a sheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WbtRgktbX3ndfxKKQEEakD4dqrcclYBy/view), but it is annoying to use/update.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Countblanc posted:

They've talked about it a few times in various interviews. Mostly them trying to parse all the various feedback about Hydatos and Arsenal and moving forward on that information

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DontMindMe posted:

Is there a handy site/application to track things for completionist sake?

I found the FFXIV Checklist which is a sheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WbtRgktbX3ndfxKKQEEakD4dqrcclYBy/view), but it is annoying to use/update.

oh no

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I made an alt to dodge a bunch of social crap attached to my previous main, but I've been slowly oozing up through Stormblood on that new alt... and I blew all my residual tomestones on upgrades for... DRK, so I guess I will be taking a few more cracks at the duty :negative:

That or I should just do Hildibrand.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I enjoyed the msq for what its worth, possibly because people tempered my expectations enough. It was brief but having NotZenos be afraid for a second was nice. Also on mysterious cloaked man I have my own crack theory, Namely that he is not G'raha Tia but instead either using him as a puppet or a new divine figure in his form. him being part crystal plays into that, but also the color scheme of his robe. Its red, white, and black and I may be reading too much into that, but I sorta see it as representing a balance between the three colors of magic and thus he could be a new god alongside Hydaelyn and Zodiark.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Eimi posted:

I enjoyed the msq for what its worth, possibly because people tempered my expectations enough. It was brief but having NotZenos be afraid for a second was nice. Also on mysterious cloaked man I have my own crack theory, Namely that he is not G'raha Tia but instead either using him as a puppet or a new divine figure in his form. him being part crystal plays into that, but also the color scheme of his robe. Its red, white, and black and I may be reading too much into that, but I sorta see it as representing a balance between the three colors of magic and thus he could be a new god alongside Hydaelyn and Zodiark.

That's pretty plausible. I personally doubt the idea of there being a new god besides Hydaelyn and Zodiark, because red/white/black magic have nothing to do with Light or Dark, but the idea that someone or something is inhabiting G'raha Tia is extremely believable.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's pretty plausible. I personally doubt the idea of there being a new god besides Hydaelyn and Zodiark, because red/white/black magic have nothing to do with Light or Dark, but the idea that someone or something is inhabiting G'raha Tia is extremely believable.

Yep, I tossed in non-edgelord Ascian type bodyjacking in my list earlier offhandedly but the more I think about it the more I buy it.

Also why do they keep adding dances to the cash shop. I know, it's to get fools like me to spend money.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

I'm almost positive the same one was used before. Maybe back in HW?

I must have missed something or wasn't paying too much attention (or it's been too long since I've re-read Discworld). What was the reference?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ibblebibble posted:

I must have missed something or wasn't paying too much attention (or it's been too long since I've re-read Discworld). What was the reference?

Truth, Justice, and A Hard-Boiled Egg. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Doing Hildibrand today

https://i.imgur.com/pvA8WHl.mp4

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've hit the point of expansion speculation where I'm wondering what race the GUN job trainer is going to be and there's still like three months to go

send help

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blockhouse posted:

I've hit the point of expansion speculation where I'm wondering what race the GUN job trainer is going to be and there's still like three months to go

send help

lalafell

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Man, maybe.

The only lalafell trainers right now are, what, black mage and scholar?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Monathin posted:

Truth, Justice, and A Hard-Boiled Egg. :v:

Well now I feel like a bad Discworld fan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Technically Scholar he's only a way to access the trainer, since Tonberries can''t exactly hang out in town yet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Meanwhile I feel pretty confident that the Dancer trainer is going to be the white-haired Viera that's

- in the opening
- in the reveal trailer
- also the job key art

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Hrothgar for dnc, Viera for gun or riot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

If you're a lalafell fray is technically a lalafell too