Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

FilthyImp posted:

That quote was bad, but it's not like he knew how aggrieved Linda loving Tripp was or how Ken Starr was fishing for any drat thing outside of Whitewater.
Gore didnt have the charisma or presence to drive the party had Clinton stepped down, and I can only imagine the raging hate-on Newt would have had after pulling that poo poo off.

He knew he did it, though! He was there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FuturePastNow posted:

Billy Bob's Screw Shack
Isn't a hardware store where I'm from.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Welcome to the Crafty Beaver. Aisle one is where you can get drills and drill bits. Plumbing is over in aisle three. In the front of the store, we sell confederate flags and white hoods."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

KickerOfMice posted:

Orcs. It's totally biased.

:orks:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Koalas March posted:

How do you know it wasn't two white guys? When the news broke the rumors were that it was cops.

Until the cops suddenly started leaking info like a broken faucet.

Which magically stopped as soon as the FBI got involved.

What rumors? The only rumors I remember are goons saying “I bet the cops did it” and other goons accepting that as true. On the reporting of this case, where is there even an unnamed source claiming evidence of this?

Of course I can’t say I know for a fact that it wasn’t two white guys as originally claimed, but I’d note that even Smollett’s legal team says they now believe he was attacked by the two guys accusing him. So if they’re now claiming that, I’m reasonably comfortable saying whatever happened was between him and the two brothers. The only question is whose version is more credible.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The crafty beaver near me doesn't sell MAGA hats and it's far more likely to considering I'm in the NW part of the city.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

theflyingorc posted:

His whole deal was saying that "sexual relations" meant intercourse, not mouth stuff, so he was technically not lying

Not sure if I believe him, but Bill was really into being a pedantic rear end in a top hat about exact wordings of things so it doesn't entirely strain credulity that his original testimony was leaning on the "I'm not touching you, I'm touching your shirt" of arguments

also his lawyers hammered out a definition in the trial along those lines

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Isn't a hardware store where I'm from.

what about Jimbo's Nut Hut?

Harry's Hammer Hole?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

1glitch0 posted:

Haha, really?

Yeah, it's like a block away. It looks very much like a locally owned hardware store.

Front checkout has the usual: Pencils, flashlights, hand warmers.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Bicyclops posted:

"Welcome to the Crafty Beaver. Aisle one is where you can get drills and drill bits. Plumbing is over in aisle three. In the front of the store, we sell confederate flags and white hoods."

This was apparently from February, claiming that they went to two locations?

https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096933982481117184

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also his lawyers hammered out a definition in the trial along those lines

Before or after he made his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" line

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Scipiotik posted:

Would be nice, but doesn't seem like it's even happening here.

Oh I know. I'm still going to bring it up because white liberals/leftists are terrible about admitting their racism.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that this crisis is still happening:

https://twitter.com/NickMiroff/status/1110970500363231232

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

Before or after he made his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" line

Before. The definition was established and Clinton was definitely doing a "well technically her lips touched my dick which doesn't fit the definition."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

This was apparently from February, claiming that they went to two locations?

https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096933982481117184

Does "sources say" mean "cops say"

E: are these the same cops who have lied about practically everything else they've said about this case

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 27, 2019

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Everything about this is so weird and off that I just think of the quote from Spinal Tap. "Authorities said... best leave it... unsolved."

Dude, the CPD have very obviously falsely presented every piece of evidence they've put forward so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1110974186011459585

That is not the real first lady of Venezuela ..

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Skex posted:

Do you honestly believe that there is a store anywhere much less in Chicago that sells both MAGA Hats and 'do rags?

As a NYer the only thing I understand less than "what happens in 'real America'" is "why the gently caress is this store selling those two things next to each other?"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

STAC Goat posted:

As a NYer the only thing I understand less than "what happens in 'real America'" is "why the gently caress is this store selling those two things next to each other?"

that is maybe my favorite thing about New York

"Is that a combination Bikini Waxing/Pizzeria???"

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but aren't all those things also visible at a normal CVS or Walgreens?

It's not a hardware store though lol

CVS and Walgreens won't have those old rear end cash registers but a neighborhood pharmacy might

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Does "sources say" mean "cops say"
It means "this is almost certainly a lie"

Unnamed sources are basically just "Here's what I think..."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Piell posted:

Before. The definition was established and Clinton was definitely doing a "well technically her lips touched my dick which doesn't fit the definition."
That all was theatrics to finesse the (deposition?) because he and his lawyers agreed to strict timing. So all the getting water and quibbling was just to run down the clock.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Some good news

https://twitter.com/baseballot/status/1110972177854148611?s=21

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It means "this is almost certainly a lie"

Unnamed sources are basically just "Here's what I think..."

That's going way too far

You're agreeing with Trump now

edit: Anyway, my point is that "they went to a beauty supply store" is not a new part of the narrative, and has been stated since Mid-February

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1110974186011459585

That is not the real first lady of Venezuela ..

Wasn’t Pence pissed that Guaido couldn’t deliver on his military defectors and join them in a coup? Why would he host them now?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

That's going way too far

edit: Anyway, my point is that "they went to a beauty supply store" is not a new part of the narrative, and has been stated since Mid-February

If I don't uncritically accept everything the cops leak to the media, I'm Trump?

Pretty sure Trump is the cop-fellater dude

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

That's going way too far

Corporate media is worthless and will eagerly sell whatever line makes the bosses rich.

Fight me.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LostRook posted:

No, he wasn't sentenced, but the 16 hours of community service and forfeiting of the bond were specifically cited as part of a deal with the prosecutors. That's a tacit admission of guilt. Still probably only done because of a conspiracy by the police. Of course.

Can we add Jussie Smollett to the list of forbidden topics here because I hate posts like this specifically

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

If I don't uncritically accept everything the cops leak to the media, I'm Trump?

Pretty sure Trump is the cop-fellater dude

lol that's not even beginning to be close to what I said

As is normal, you're fighting enemies you've invented in your head. I'm not making the arguments you're claiming I'm making, you're attacking on a complete tangent that has literally no relation to what I'm posting about

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know if I subscribe to the full "cops set him up" theory but I don't see how your post makes any sense at all. In the hypothetical scenario where the cops set up Smollett to go to jail he should gamble on going to jail to expose them on the hopes that the clearly corrupt system doesn't fail?

Yeah, the thing to do under those circumstances is exactly what he did, then try to tag them in civil court for some more of the settlement funds they keep having to shell out.

Plenty of other reasons that they'd bail on the charges that don't involve wholesale fabrication, though. At this point, it seems like the most likely avenue for something indicating one way or the other is the postal investigation.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Spiffster posted:

Wasn’t Pence pissed that Guaido couldn’t deliver on his military defectors and join them in a coup? Why would he host them now?

Because he's still trying to will "President Guaido" into existence

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Can we add Jussie Smollett to the list of forbidden topics here because I hate posts like this specifically

I don't know, it's useful to see who the assholes are.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

LostRook posted:

No, he wasn't sentenced, but the 16 hours of community service and forfeiting of the bond were specifically cited as part of a deal with the prosecutors. That's a tacit admission of guilt. Still probably only done because of a conspiracy by the police. Of course.

Nobody gets less than a day of community service and a small fine in exchange for 16 dropped felonies and an expungment.

Nobody gets that deal. Certainly not minority BLM activist who "faked a hate crime".

The bond/service are there specifically to convince gullible people (ie you) that he's somehow guilty.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

No I'm enjoying people showing their rear end without prompting.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Spotted in the wild in the middle of nowhere Kentucky 5 or 6 years ago:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

No I'm enjoying people showing their rear end without prompting.
USPOL Spring: An unprompted display of rear end

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Cool empty-quote bro.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Nobody gets less than a day of community service and a small fine in exchange for 16 dropped felonies and an expungment.

Nobody gets that deal. Certainly not minority BLM activist who "faked a hate crime".

"That just shows how gays and black people get special treatment and whites are the real victims!"

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

yronic heroism posted:

Cool empty-quote bro.
He is implying that you are making a fool of yourself in a clownish fashion, comrade.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stickman posted:

I don't know, it's useful to see who the assholes are.

One of the guys doing it has literally only posted in this thread about Jussie Smollett though, not really sure what we learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

yronic heroism posted:

Cool empty-quote bro.

run whatever update your clownputer needs to show gifs