Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

What if they had reverse liposuction to put fat into their thighs and calves to lower their center of gravity

Unnecessarily medical. Just stick a few bulletproof vests on 'em until they're the right weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

a neat cape posted:

Leave Antonio Gates alone

Explain?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gates is extremely rotund these days.

I think he might have played basketball once or twice

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

That sounds complicated, just draft former basketball players instead.

Spud Webb, Left Tackle

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my man dan williams looked like he played with a lead diaper on

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Top 5 Offense -

QB:
1. Kyler Murray, Oklahoma - Top 25
2. Drew Lock, Missouri - Top 25
3. Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State - Top 50
4. Will Grier, WVU - Top 50
5. Daniel Jones, Duke - Top 75

HB:
1. Josh Jacobs, Alabama - Top 25
2. David Montgomery, Iowa State - Top 25
3. Darrell Henderson, Memphis - Top 50
4. Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic - Top 50
5. Miles Sanders, Penn State - Top 75

WR:
1. Kelvin Harmon, N.C. State - Top 25
2. D.J. Metcalf, Ole Miss - Top 25
3. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford - Top 50
4. Hakeem Butler, Iowa State - Top 50
5. Deebo Samuel, South Carolina - Top 50

TE:
1. T.J. Hockenson, Iowa - Top 10
2. Noah Fant, Iowa - Top 25
3. Irv Smith Jr., Alabama - Top 100
4. Foster Moreau, LSU - Top 150
5. Kahale Warring, San Diego State - Top 150

OT:
1. Jawaan Taylor, Florida - Top 10
2. Jonah Williams, Alabama - Top 25
3. Dalton Risner, Kansas State - Top 25
4. Andre Dillard, Washington State - Top 25
5. Greg Little, Ole Miss - Top 50

OG:
1. Cody Ford, Oklahoma - Top 50
2. Chris Lindstrom, Boston College - Top 50
3. Michael Jordan, Ohio State - Top 50
4. Bobby Evans, Oklahoma - Top 50
5. Connor McGovern, Penn State - Top 75

C:
1. Garrett Bradbury, North Carolina State - Top 25
2. Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi - Top 50
3. Eric McCoy, Texas A&M - Top 50
4. Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama - Top 100
5. Lamont Gaillard, Georgia - Top 150

Top 5 Defense -

Edge:
1. Nick Bosa, Ohio State - Top 10
2. Josh Allen, Kentucky - Top 10
3. Montez Sweat, Mississippi State - Top 25
4. Clelin Ferrell, Clemson - Top 25
5. Brian Burns, Florida State - Top 25

DT:
1. Quinnen Williams, Alabama - Top 10
2. Ed Oliver, Houston - Top 25
3. Dexter Lawrence, Clemson - Top 25
4. Rashan Gary, Michigan - Top 25
5. Christian Wilkins, Clemson - Top 25

OLB:
1. Jordan Brailford, Oklahoma State - Top 75
2. Chase Hansen, Utah - Top 100
3. Vosean Joseph, Florida - Top 100
4. Gary Johnson, Texas - Top 100
5. David Long Jr., West Virginia - Top 100

ILB:
1. Devin White, LSU - Top 10
2. Devin Bush, Michigan - Top 25
3. Mack Wilson, Alabama - Top 50
4. Tre Lamar, Clemson - Top 50
5. Khali Hodge, Buffalo - Top 50

CB:
1. Greedy Williams, LSU - Top 10
2. Deandre Baker, Georgia - Top 25
3. Byron Murphy, Washington - Top 25
4. Rock Ya-Sin, Temple - Top 50
5. Amani Oruwariye, Penn State - Top 50

S:
1. Nasir Adderley, Delaware - Top 25
2. Deionte Thompson, Alabama - Top 25
3. Juan Thornhill, Virginia - Top 25
4. Taylor Rapp, Washington - Top 50
5. Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State - Top 50

Some thoughts. It was pretty hard figuring out the guard rankings. Risner might kick inside, same with Ford and even Cajuste. Bunch of good ones right on the cusp of top 75 too like the pair Wisconsin had with Dieter and Benzschawel. DE was tough too. Polite, Burns, and Ferguson could all jump Ferrell and Sweat or fall depending on team preference. They could all realistically go top 25 too with how weak the DE free agency was this year. The more I watch Nasir Adderley the more I love him. Same with Oruwariye. Both could be surprise high picks. OLB is a desolate wasteland this year. I kinda felt like putting Long as the #1 even though he'll most likely be a sub package guy at the next level. TE was tough to figure out. Bunch of surprise testers at the draft like Kahale Warring. Fant also looks and feels like some team will take him ahead of Hockenson just because he's so unique. WR seems like a crap shoot too on which team will take who. The top 5 could easily drop Butler and Deebo for Marquise/A.J. Brown or Emmanuel Hall, and the top 50 grade on a bunch of these guys are just guesses because this draft could feature 10 WRs taken in the top 50. I'm starting to dislike every QB in this draft and only sort of liking Lock. There's just something about one year wonder QBs that either have poor mechanics or play in an easy offense that sour me. I honestly believe Kyler will have a bigger problem in the NFL and his size has nothing to do with it. Haskins complete teardown of his mechanics might affect that wondrous arm he has too. Still though, both should go in the top 25. RBs are underrated this year. Josh Jacobs just looks like he'll destroy, I love the way David Montgomery runs, and Darrell Henderson is an underrated fire hydrant RB that could easily jump into the first round.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Pretty solid breakdown and not much to argue with there. A couple things, surprised you have Lock as a top 25 but your QB assessment makes plenty of sense. I think I like Miles Sanders and N'Keal Harry more than you. Fant is an intriguing prospect, I could see him go top 10 for sure. Not sure if I like Greedy in the top 10 but he's probably close and Adderley is a badass.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is going to be the best Safety from this class and Byron Murphy is probably the only corner worth taking in the first round.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm surprised you have Butler rated so low. With his measurables he could be the cream of the WR crop

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LiquidFriend posted:

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is going to be the best Safety from this class and Byron Murphy is probably the only corner worth taking in the first round.

Yeah I was torn between putting CGJ as the #5 or just dropping Rapp out because I dislike box safeties.

Blitz7x posted:

I'm surprised you have Butler rated so low. With his measurables he could be the cream of the WR crop

He doesn't create separation and he shies away from catching the ball. You can see it on the tape and during his gauntlet drill. Still though, great measurables and everythings coachable with WRs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doltos posted:

Yeah I was torn between putting CGJ as the #5 or just dropping Rapp out because I dislike box safeties..
Take out Deionte Thompson and put him onto the list and it's a pretty good one.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

He doesn't create separation and he shies away from catching the ball. You can see it on the tape and during his gauntlet drill. Still though, great measurables and everythings coachable with WRs.

I'm pretty sure this is actually Metcalf's scouting report

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm pretty sure this is actually Metcalf's scouting report

Metcalf's knocks are limited route tree, two season ending injuries, and poor hands from poor focus. He also has a problem jumping in stride so he usually sells out a jump ball route by settling into his hips on his breaks. He creates separation just fine and his hands aren't stone. The drops really are mostly from him taking his eyes off the ball and looking up field, he does it a lot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow congrats to who drafts justin hunter in the first round

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Metcalf's knocks are limited route tree, two season ending injuries, and poor hands from poor focus. He also has a problem jumping in stride so he usually sells out a jump ball route by settling into his hips on his breaks. He creates separation just fine and his hands aren't stone. The drops really are mostly from him taking his eyes off the ball and looking up field, he does it a lot.

Wow, bad hands and he only runs go routes? Someone should tell the Broncos so they can pair this talent with Flacco.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Go routes curls jumpballs and slants just like healthy Demaryius Thomas or discount Calvin Johnson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's weird that D.K. gets all this attention this draft when there's more question mark prospects out there like Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Brian Burns, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Rashan Gary, and Deionte Thompson, to name a bunch.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Doltos posted:

It's weird that D.K. gets all this attention this draft when there's more question mark prospects out there like Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Brian Burns, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Rashan Gary, and Deionte Thompson, to name a bunch.

I don't think any of those guys, with the exception of Kyler, have had a more polarizing lead up to and actual combine. DK's pics were all over the internet a couple months before the combine so by then his name had a lot of attention.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
also he's an enormous giant man who runs ridiculously fast in a straight line

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

All of those dudes produced well in college, mostly

For a Top X pick, Metcalf's statline is not great

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Metcalf is pretty much THE highlighted skill position player this year. I don't really get why people have cooled so much on Harry.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Metcalf is pretty much THE highlighted skill position player this year. I don't really get why people have cooled so much on Harry.

Bad combine. I think Metcalf is definitely getting the hype but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop. There's really good receivers this draft and it's a deep position.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The weird thing about this WR draft is there dont seem to be any guys touted as top ten a la the Johnsons, Julio, AJ Green, Sammy Watkins, etc. but it's crazy deep with strong day two talent.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Part of the reason Metcalf is getting so much hype is because he has that number 1 look. It's really not often that you get a guy who's a dead ringer for Julio Jones and can also run like it. He has traits that could make him into a very dangerous receiver, the type that hasn't come into the league in several years. The fact that he's extremely unproven is almost irrelevant because of that raw potential that just doesn't come along often and makes coaches stiffen spontaneously

okay thats the last im gonna talk about him I agree there's more interesting prospects

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1110995908592832515

In the world of zero loving chance news

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

if there’s one thing we should all want it’s even more points scored so here’s hoping

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If the chiefs trade up... They're not gonna trade up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
FOR OFFENSE NO LESS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'd be totally fine trading up.

For Brian Burns or Ed Oliver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Veach almost hasn't not traded up yet (did he do it two or three times last year?) so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

It would surprise me if they did it for Metcalf.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Like if you could get Metcalf and Oliver both in position...oh let's go with 14.

And then you take Metcalf? I mean...

Well look at Oliver's predraft grades.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s going 13 sorry

PLEASE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ed Oliver is a more interesting athletic freak prospect than Metcalf. Guy might end up as a weak side rusher at the next level which is weird as gently caress.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The more I read about the draft the more I kind of want the Packers to grab TJ Hockenson, even though I intellectually know this is probably a really bad idea and that the 12th pick is better used on one of the blue-chip defenders that will fall out of the top 10. Still... getting a huge TE that can block and catch doesn't come around often. The Packers also have a lot of history drafting players from Iowa.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Defense is so deep this year that I want my team to take him too bc guys that big and fast that can block and has good hands are extremely rare, whereas there's good defensive players throughout every round this draft.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ed Oliver is going in the top 5.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

LiquidFriend posted:

Ed Oliver is going in the top 5.

Yeah, mocks have him dropping and I don't buy it one bit. He's so drat fast

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
one of the Iowa TE's will end up in NE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We’ll see. This draft has so many stud DL it’s the best year for Miami to need to replace Wake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

one of the Iowa TE's will end up in NE

Fant isn't as good