Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you press it, it should play Freek'n You

Wake up feelin' so horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I sense a design flaw: How do you know your cat isn't the one hitting it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone should kickstart the opposite of this, where you smack the button and air raid sirens go off with robot voice just says "i'm horny" over and over until the situation is taken care of.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

Someone should kickstart the opposite of this, where you smack the button and air raid sirens go off with robot voice just says "i'm horny" over and over until the situation is taken care of.

Oh they have that:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shoulda had the button look like this

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

veni veni veni posted:

Please assume the position.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
https://www.vaevtissue.com/about-us/

quote:

Once upon a time, a Dane with a cold and a dream grew tired of needles and pills. In 2017, Vaev was born in Copenhagen, and now the world’s boldest tissue company is setting up in Los Angeles, CA.

We believe that when flu season comes around, you should be able to get sick on your terms. We’re not about chemicals or prescription drugs here at Væv. We believe using a tissue that carries a human sneeze is safer than needles or pills. This isn’t like any tissue you’ve used before, but we love using them, and you will too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95sTha1BLs

Stephen Colbert's take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIq7PA-fn88

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
That tissue thing is very clearly a joke, but I would love to see a list of people who actually tried to buy it.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Maera Sior posted:

Where some see flaws, I can only assume there are some who see opportunity :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Maera Sior posted:

If your kids hit it, it will automatically call the CPS.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nenonen posted:

If your kids hit it, it will automatically call the CPS a church goon squad who will, with your permission, kidnap your kids from their beds in the middle of the night and take them to a camp where they will be properly traumatised and discouraged from living in sin.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
HIT IT TO HIT IT :quagmire:

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Clicked the link, laughed at the idea, then noticed that it was already fully funded and way more.

How the gently caress can there be more than 300 people who actually think that fuckbutton was a good idea? I don't have high hopes for the future of those 300 couples.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

kjetting posted:

Clicked the link, laughed at the idea, then noticed that it was already fully funded and way more.

How the gently caress can there be more than 300 people who actually think that fuckbutton was a good idea? I don't have high hopes for the future of those 300 couples.

Projection: 0% of the backers are part of couples.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

That tissue thing is very clearly a joke, but I would love to see a list of people who actually tried to buy it.

Are you sure it's a joke? Because the "willingly expose self to full strength germs because it's better than BIG PHARMA VACCINES" community very much exists.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Fluffy posted:

Are you sure it's a joke? Because the "willingly expose self to full strength germs because it's better than BIG PHARMA VACCINES" community very much exists.

Yes, that is how jokes work.

Though whoever is behind it is probably unscrupulous enough that one of those things like artisinally hand-sharpened pencils or magic audiophile crystals where the satire ends where the money begins, then it was totally sincere all along until the money dries up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kjetting posted:

I forwarded the link to a friend who is a couples sex therapist, and she said she’s had a few clients that she might have used that with. I haven’t had a chance to ask her for details, but if that’s the case then a population of 300+ wouldn’t be that shocking.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Maera Sior posted:

Pussy is pu... wait no.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

IRON NANOSPHERES FOR TIMEBOXING

First thing I thought of (besides laughter): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77k9XeM7V8

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

"Sure I could use a free app on my phone, website on my computer, or timer on nearly any watch, but what I really want is a $70 fragile hourglass with a small, easily lost magnetic clip."

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

That’s a brilliant term for “printer toner”.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is it fellas. The best chart on the internet.

Mods please change my name to No Sex Here

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Baller Ina posted:

Mods please change my name to No Sex Here

Aren't you worried about doxxing?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

tuyop posted:

That’s a brilliant term for “printer toner”.

"Free accoustic base"

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Have you ever wanted a plastic rock with lights that shows you how to breath? Well you're in luck. and also an idiot
Surprisingly enough, it doesn't have an app!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

edit: meh my bad.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wow I can't believe there's so few bad kickstarters recently. Guess there's nothing stupid being made.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The rock is pretty bad tbf

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A cyberpunk pet rock

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
idk it's a cute novelty and i like having objects to fiddle with, i might pick one up on aliexpress for five bucks once they show up there

"The Moment Pebble will retail at £60 when we launch" fuckin rofl

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yomba2324/knife-opeelpolys/description

The project video is lifted directly from the Japanese dude that makes the "Sharpest (xxxx) knife in the World!" youtube series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZLlUsqXzE8)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1125491832689954820

Good job!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CollegeCop posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yomba2324/knife-opeelpolys/description

The project video is lifted directly from the Japanese dude that makes the "Sharpest (xxxx) knife in the World!" youtube series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZLlUsqXzE8)

I really don't understand this one. It doesn't really seem like it was a scam as he wasn't really asking for much money but taking advantage of the fact that Japanese knife guy doesn't actually talk in his videos and representing it as his own seems willfully malicious.

There's a bit in the article that the FTC is going to get the guy permanently banned from doing crowdfunding ever again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I really don't understand this one. It doesn't really seem like it was a scam as he wasn't really asking for much money but taking advantage of the fact that Japanese knife guy doesn't actually talk in his videos and representing it as his own seems willfully malicious.

Well, at least it got shut down.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

There's a bit in the article that the FTC is going to get the guy permanently banned from doing crowdfunding ever again.

Wow what a thorough fix that totally solves the problem and prevents it down the road. The FTC sure showed him.

Them doing nothing is about as effective.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

That's next level bag holding.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Pay $20+ for a phone charger for your car that beeps every time you turn the car on.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1403517311/gigi-hey-got-your-phone

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Mod it so it makes a gunshot noise at illegal dB's and never pay increasing rent again! Walla!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Your car doesn't already do it when you start it?

Dienes posted:

Pay $20+ for a phone charger for your car that beeps every time you turn the car on.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1403517311/gigi-hey-got-your-phone

The device is dumb as gently caress but I particularly like that they're asking for 100k. Is that for all the complex R&D or building a new production line? FFS it's a commodity device with a $1 extra chip in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
Your car doesn't already do it when you start it?

The device is dumb as gently caress but I particularly like that they're asking for 100k. Is that for all the complex R&D or building a new production line? FFS it's a commodity device with a $1 extra chip in it.

You can get the same result with a $1 charger from the checkout display and a post-it on your dashboard.