Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Agnosticnixie posted:

Interstellar Maitre d' is a massive improvement on the ugly-rear end dress tunics from TNG or the... did TOS even have a dress uniform?

Wasn't it the one with the nehru collar and all the triangle medals?

Edit: This one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Agnosticnixie posted:

Interstellar Maitre d' is a massive improvement on the ugly-rear end dress tunics from TNG or the... did TOS even have a dress uniform?

Yeah. It fits worse than usual and has gold piping.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Agnosticnixie posted:

Which TNG dress uniform, they had like ten.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, the Tactleneck.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Delta Flyer uniforms were the best fite me:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They look like the Starfleet doctors who ask you a bunch of questions before sending you to the Starfleet looney bin

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Astroman posted:

Honestly, those are actually good looking uniforms.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In which Starfleet sponsors a NASCAR driver.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Astroman posted:

Have you forgotten the power of the skant?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this is Trek Sacrilege, but I dug the Enterprise uniforms. Little busy visually, sure, but felt comfortable at work and decently solid (if likely too warm) for going out and about on a planet.

And c'mon, pockets.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 28, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Babylon 5

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this is Trek Sacrilege, but I dug the Enterprise uniforms. Little busy visually, sure, but felt comfortable at work and decently solid (if likely too warm) for going out and about on a planet.

And c'mon, pockets.

Yeah, they’re easily the most functional uniforms and the flightsuit look meshed well with the show’s intended vibe.

I maintain that all of Enterprise’s art direction decisions were great. Exposed metal and grating everywhere, the flightsuits and shoulder patches, the cramped submarine style corridors, even the NX herself. She may have been a flipped Akira, but she still looked fragile and suitably primitive compared to the TOS 1701. The show rarely lived up to its potential, but you can’t say it didn’t look the part.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It did in fact look like missed potential

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hey, does anyone have the little gif that someone made, in the style of :drat: or :capitalism: but it's Neelix's head coming in and it says Leola? Thinking of buying it as a smiley to support Lowtax's spine.

This impulse was in no way occasioned by the newspaper comic strip thread and the fact that the current Mark Trail storyline is introducing a character named Leola.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Astroman posted:

The white really brings out the apathy in their eyes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

Captain Kirk, decorated with honors for his service in the Quilt Wars.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Powered Descent posted:

Hey, does anyone have the little gif that someone made, in the style of :drat: or :capitalism: but it's Neelix's head coming in and it says Leola? Thinking of buying it as a smiley to support Lowtax's spine.

This impulse was in no way occasioned by the newspaper comic strip thread and the fact that the current Mark Trail storyline is introducing a character named Leola.

Boy howdy, do I. I made it. :)

Oops, but it's kind of big.

This should be small enough.

shadow puppet of a posted:

This fine thread needs to bring :neelix: into the world as its lasting legacy.

It might look something like :darksouls: but instead the world "leola root" appears. Or '3 year olds". Or "Mr. Vulcan"

Background should be generic starship corridor grey rather than black.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 28, 2019

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, they’re easily the most functional uniforms and the flightsuit look meshed well with the show’s intended vibe.

I maintain that all of Enterprise’s art direction decisions were great. Exposed metal and grating everywhere, the flightsuits and shoulder patches, the cramped submarine style corridors, even the NX herself. She may have been a flipped Akira, but she still looked fragile and suitably primitive compared to the TOS 1701. The show rarely lived up to its potential, but you can’t say it didn’t look the part.

I would argue that the muted colours of the first few seasons made for some visually boring sets, hindsight is 20/20 though and ENT looks more functional than anything designed after 2005

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Have you forgotten the power of the skant?

tag urself, im Broccoli

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My god, please bring back the skant

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I remember when I was younger puzzling over these and wondering "okay, so what on these drat thing is supposed to convey rank" and finding out later that they just hosed up on the costuming by giving everyone double epaulettes.

Worf looks like he's about to get massively loving drunk and start singing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

spincube posted:

tag urself, im Broccoli

such incredible power

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Drone posted:

The Discovery writers have promised to bring back the skant as a non-binary uniform variant. Hopefully they flip to the 1701 uniforms on the show at the same time.

Although they said the other day that the end of season 2 will be incredibly unexpected and change everything, so I'm 90% sure they'll be doing the jump to the 33rd century to catch up with Calypso, and might just skip the Connie uniform switch.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 28, 2019

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MikeJF posted:

The Discovery writers have promised to bring back the skant as a non-binary uniform variant. Hopefully they flip to the 1701 uniforms on the show at the same time.

They did bring it back. Nhan was wearing one in “Project Daedalus”.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

They did bring it back. Nhan was wearing one in “Project Daedalus”.

Yeah they said she's the only one so far but they're going to have it more and not just on women in future.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I expect Rick Berman to try to score some Woke Extra Credit by revealing in an interview that actually, he imagined everyone in TNG wore skants during all of the missions that didn't have episodes made of them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all just out of frame, wearing skants.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Zesty posted:

Boy howdy, do I. I made it. :)

Oops, but it's kind of big.

This should be small enough.

Thank you kindly. :tipshat: It's been properly enshrined in the forums as :neelix:.

:neelix:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powered Descent posted:

Thank you kindly. :tipshat: It's been properly enshrined in the forums as :neelix:.

fantastic

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Powered Descent posted:

Thanks, I hate it

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
That blonde was told to not move her god drat feet one bit or else face the wraith Ethan Phillip doing whatever the gently caress he is doing.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I almost want to watch Voyager to see the context for that GIF.

Almost.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1111216374297382912

Well finally a plausible explanation for what Borg trans warp conduits were about

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Drone posted:

The current arc in this webcomic has a TOS Tellarite in an early TNG skant if you're into that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
e: wrong thread

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

jeeves posted:

That blonde was told to not move her god drat feet one bit or else face the wraith Ethan Phillip doing whatever the gently caress he is doing.

:ohdear:

Source: http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=298

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It's weird how much they mention Archer's love of water polo in the first season or two of Enterprise but don't mention it once in 3 or 4. (haven't finished 4 yet but assuming this based on 3.)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

It's weird how much they mention Archer's love of water polo in the first season or two of Enterprise but don't mention it once in 3 or 4. (haven't finished 4 yet but assuming this based on 3.)

All the good teams were in South Florida :sigh:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Cross-Section posted:

All the good teams were in South Florida :sigh:

Judging by the laser blast, it look like it took out most of Polk County, which is honestly no big loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The xindi were deliberately targeting Trip's sister, there's no other way to explain it.

Also, I forget what her name is, so I'm just going to say it was Trippany.