Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but it's still accomplishing infinitely more than nothing. Even though it wasn't entirely Obama's fault, he still accomplished literally nothing in this regard. And unfortunately, one can't blame it entirely on the Republicans either. As with so many other causes, Obama's team didn't try as hard as they could have.

“Trying harder” is certainly a thing that would get Republicans to vote for reasonable gun laws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Confounding Factor posted:

Actually evidence is quickly emerging that Russiagate promoters are in fact Trump operatives, deeply infiltrated into the Democratic Party and affiliated punditry to make Democrats look extra stupid.
This is extremely stupid

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I think Trump actually doing something wrt gun regulation is a "only Nixon could go to China" kind of thing. The only way way Republicans would even get close to cooperating is if a Republican did it. And his approval with authoritarian chuds isn't going to drop no matter what.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Confounding Factor posted:

Actually evidence is quickly emerging that Russiagate promoters are in fact Trump operatives, deeply infiltrated into the Democratic Party and affiliated punditry to make Democrats look extra stupid.

LMAO imagine congratulating yourself for not falling for one dumb conspiracy theory by actively promoting another

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Obama could have executive ordered this bump stock ban and could have executive ordered the military to not purchase guns from any manufacturer that makes them for the home market

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1111228860778074112

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jet fuel can't melt steel crucifixes

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Like... by a rocket?

Rockets are "too complex, need to be Einstein to fly em"

They'll shoot the space force into the Moon with a gun, funded by the NRA

No don't ask about G-forces turning the astronauts into goo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
they're gonna use steam, digital is terrible for space travel

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what in the gently caress.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

1glitch0 posted:

Like... by a rocket?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Supply Side Jesus says it’s good for the soul to fuel military warplanes...as long as they fight for Jesus

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1111267456759332865?s=21

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Meatball posted:

Couldn't they set it up so that departments that come under budget could be guaranteed no more than a particular cut (like 5% of what they saved) and the remainder of the money go to workers as a bonus?

At least the money would go to better use instead of wasted food or equipment that's not needed.

Though it could be argued it still would be spending if it goes to workers or used on lightbulbs or whatever.

I have a feeling making what is potentially a significant monetary bonus subject to something that far removed from the employees' control would not go over well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Obamas just bought land in Asheville for their summer home.

gently caress.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

The escalation in Trump's rhetoric referring to the investigations into him being an attempted coup make the hair on the back of my head stand up.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

FizFashizzle posted:

The Obamas just bought land in Asheville for their summer home.

gently caress.

You can't blame the Obamas for having drat good taste

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah but I want to keep my quiet little mountain home, dammit.

It's getting expensive.

And by mine I mean my parents'.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Silver Nitrate posted:

Last night, the Oklahoma Democratic Party office in Oklahoma City got a bunch of really awful nazi poo poo painted on it. And the sidewalk around it.

Extremely racist antisemitic transphobic ethnic cleansing threats Hitler references. It’s basically everything hateful.

it’s really vile and they left a letter with more awful things

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161319338335276&id=192738335275&__tn__=%2Cg

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loc...9030f4a4d4.html

I wonder how many Republicans will donate to support cleaning up this like when democrats donated to rebuild that torched GOP center.

Answer: 0

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Z. Autobahn posted:

LMAO imagine congratulating yourself for not falling for one dumb conspiracy theory by actively promoting another

I see what you're trying to do, Donald, and I'm not playing along.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but it's still accomplishing infinitely more than nothing. Even though it wasn't entirely Obama's fault, he still accomplished literally nothing in this regard. And unfortunately, one can't blame it entirely on the Republicans either. As with so many other causes, Obama's team didn't try as hard as they could have.

I don't mean to be combative, but I'm passionate about this. Apologies if I come off like a dick.

But how much harder, exactly, should they have tried? What could they have done to get a Republican Congress on board? "If you go for our gun reform plan, we'll sign your 'Literally Execute All Poor People and Feed Them to the Rich' plan?"

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Crucifixes are a catholic thing. Liberty types wouldn’t be caught dead with one.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Silver Nitrate posted:

Last night, the Oklahoma Democratic Party office in Oklahoma City got a bunch of really awful nazi poo poo painted on it. And the sidewalk around it.

Extremely racist antisemitic transphobic ethnic cleansing threats Hitler references. It’s basically everything hateful.

it’s really vile and they left a letter with more awful things

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10161319338335276&id=192738335275&__tn__=%2Cg

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loc...9030f4a4d4.html

For fucks' sake. "Where are all the loving white people?" Really?

I mean yeah, dumb nazis and all, but you could loving walk to Nichols Hills from there, and it's a straight shot to Edmond.

e: For those who aren't familiar with the locale, the nazi(s) are doing the white genocide rant in a city where the vestiges of redlining are really obvious and not too far from the very place the nazi vandalized.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 28, 2019

selec
Sep 6, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Pretty easy for him to tut tut freshmen Congress members with questions on How Are They Gonna Pay For It for programs designed to save lives and our entire planet. Why doesn’t he take senior members to task on the same question when they vote for multi-billion dollar increases to military budgets that Trump requests?

And somebody needs to tell him how we’re gonna pay for it: we’re gonna use rich people’s money, same method you used for that vacation home.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't mean to be combative, but I'm passionate about this. Apologies if I come off like a dick.

But how much harder, exactly, should they have tried? What could they have done to get a Republican Congress on board? "If you go for our gun reform plan, we'll sign your 'Literally Execute All Poor People and Feed Them to the Rich' plan?"

Majorian's most consistent position is that if people simply were more passionate about things, they would have succeeded.

your posting is still basically fine Majjy your relentless optimism is endearing

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

wow, lot of crimes in here

just, like, a shitload of fraud

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

selec posted:

Pretty easy for him to tut tut freshmen Congress members with questions on How Are They Gonna Pay For It for programs designed to save lives and our entire planet. Why doesn’t he take senior members to task on the same question when they vote for multi-billion dollar increases to military budgets that Trump requests?

And somebody needs to tell him how we’re gonna pay for it: we’re gonna use rich people’s money, same method you used for that vacation home.

Hi, quick question: what the gently caress is wrong with you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

theflyingorc posted:

Displaced guilt over the shame of not being willing to stand up to the bigots in his life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

A huge amount of firearms regulation at the federal level requires exactly zero input from Congress. The NFA is basically "an illegal gun is whatever the ATF says it is" in the text.

Which is why Trump could just have a mini-stroke one day and say "bump stocks are machine guns now!" and it happened.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Z. Autobahn posted:

i'm pretty sure that post is a joke

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Ogmius815 posted:

Crucifixes are a catholic thing. Liberty types wouldn’t be caught dead with one.

This isn't even slightly true

Cross visual iconography is probably slightly more important to Catholics, but cross necklaces, earrings, images of it on T-shirts, images on bumper stickers are all extremely common with Evangelical types of all stripes

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

theflyingorc posted:

Cross visual iconography is probably slightly more important to Catholics, but cross necklaces, earrings, images of it on T-shirts, images on bumper stickers are all extremely common with Evangelical types of all stripes

Cross != crucifix

crucifix is with the body on it, all stabbed up and poo poo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

wow, lot of crimes in here

just, like, a shitload of fraud
That's all basically what Cohen said earlier.

Trump's such a fan of inflating worthless poo poo that he probably owns a swedish penis pump.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Cross != crucifix

crucifix is with the body on it, all stabbed up and poo poo

They're not really opposed to those, either

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

the crucifix has the body

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but I want to keep my quiet little mountain home, dammit.

It's getting expensive.

And by mine I mean my parents'.
Asheville?

Getting?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

theflyingorc posted:

Crucifixes and crosses are different. A crucifix means a cross with an image of Jesus nailed to it, sometimes depicted in rather gruesome fashion. Catholics really like them. Protestants like them much less.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Burning_Monk posted:

Donald Trump has done more to stop gun violence than Obama.

This infuriates both parties.

Obama must have misplaced all of that political capital he built up by doing rightwing things somewhere in the oval office before he left.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/VMMacchi/status/1111307829628014594

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

I kinda hate that our government can always seem to “afford” poo poo like war and graft, and that ostensible allies are on board with the ability to not give a poo poo about those expenditures, but suddenly become extremely stingy about spending that money on social programs. That’s about the size of it, I loving loathe that hypocrisy. Obama is an enormous, glaring example of this. Ostensibly liberal, but incredibly loving stingy with giving money to the poor instead of the war.

So what the gently caress is wrong with you?