Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Astro7x posted:

This whole thing is stupid. Nothing can really force the GOP from releasing the report, right?

I have a feeling nobody will see it until 2021

What impresses/scares me is how little it seems to matter. Nixon had the Saturday night massacre and that actually caused people to wake up. Here we get the Barr summery basically saying "everything's cool, no need to see the actual report" and everybody, even people who actually care about the Russia stuff are just "meh."

Edit for turtles

Throwing Turtles fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

cargo cult posted:

what if i think ACAB but this guy is some D-lister who probably did it and is going to get off because he's rich and now famous

How dare an uppity black man accused of a crime not be shot execution-style by the cops and/or go to prison for 30 years.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Throwing Turtles posted:

What impresses/scares me is how little it seems to matter. Nixon had the Saturday night massacre and that actually caused people to wake up. Here we get the Barr summery basically saying "everything's cool, no need to see the actual report" and everybody, even people who actually care about the Russia stuff are just "meh."

Edit for turtles

The amazing thing to me is how brazenly and uncritically everyone just takes Barr's word.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Smollet Case will never die in this thread will it?

Oh well. Is fat boy done ranting already? The sooner he gets his bloated corpse out of my state, the better

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cargo cult posted:

what if i think ACAB but this guy is some D-lister who probably did it and is going to get off because he's rich and now famous

Here's not as rich as you might think. His net worth is $500,000. That's not "buy your way out of prison" money.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The amazing thing to me is how brazenly and uncritically everyone just takes Barr's word.

For loving real. The dude is an Iran-Contra cover up guy with major conflicts of interest

It's like letting AL Capone's lawyer determine he is not guilty; it's absurd

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

cargo cult posted:

He was already famous so LOL, still outing yourself.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Yeah even if he did it I don’t care, I mean I wouldn’t write papers defending it, but why the gently caress should it concern me, a white person, whether a gay black guy gets off instead of murdered this time?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1111423288788443137

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Peacoffee posted:

Yeah even if he did it I don’t care, I mean I wouldn’t write papers defending it, but why the gently caress should it concern me, a white person, whether a gay black guy gets off instead of murdered this time?

white people always care when the gays get off

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

The Smollet Case will never die in this thread will it?

Probably not because apparently there's no way that someone connected to the case will not do something insane and self-implicating every twelve hours.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

pacerhimself posted:

The body type is mayo.

thats an insult to mayo.

e: also are there any numbers about his rally numbers, like i know there's going to be a circle the wagons/rats huddling together effect as we get closer and closer to 2020, but please i just need a tiny bit of not terrible news.

jesus gently caress at hairless tropical grassland apes and their devotion to their death cult god.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 29, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TulliusCicero posted:

For loving real. The dude is an Iran-Contra cover up guy with major conflicts of interest

It's like letting AL Capone's lawyer determine he is not guilty; it's absurd

The Chappo guys were treating Barr as a national hero just the other day.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

cargo cult posted:

see:

Pander posted:

Here's the thing, there's only two types of people who give a poo poo:

1) people who are concerned about the Chicago Police Department's long-standing history of criminal misconduct

2) people pissed at the idea a black man might evade a noose, ever.

Nobody else is saying much besides "I have no idea what happened there."

So you and lostrook and whoever else are real busy outing yourselves here.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Throwing Turtles posted:

Because the playing field isn't level, the media let's the GOP get away with being angry and emotional but if someone on the left does it they are painted as being unhinged and crazy.

So Democrats have learned over time that they have to be calm and clinical lest the so called liberal media use any sign of emotion beyond serious concern be used to discredit them.

It's bullshit but that's the world we operate in

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao :lol:

Just keep kickin that corpse

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Tir McDohl posted:

How dare an uppity black man accused of a crime not be shot execution-style by the cops and/or go to prison for 30 years.

I can't help but look at it as a black guy reported a crime and this is what happened. He had money so it ended kind of not terrible. But if your the next guy to get attacked are you gonna call the police? Cause that's what it feels like the message here is, don't call the police.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Above-it-all, uninformed centrists still say Trump isn't really an irrational idiot and is playing a genius strategy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Skex posted:

Because the playing field isn't level, the media let's the GOP get away with being angry and emotional but if someone on the left does it they are painted as being unhinged and crazy.

So Democrats have learned over time that they have to be calm and clinical lest the so called liberal media use any sign of emotion beyond serious concern be used to discredit them.

It's bullshit but that's the world we operate in

Yeah, and guess what? That system died once twitter got big. Throw out that loving playbook. And get with the time.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
She's smarter than I thought she was at least.

Is that all security for her? That seems a lot of security for the Secretary of Education.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

incontinence 100 posted:

I don't think she's so much evil as she is a devout Calvinist. Calvinists are the sewer water of Christendom.

Nope she is evil. By every metric society gives to morals, she fails on all of them. If American society actually cared about its people they would deem her evil, and would make sure that she was never in a position of power.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Pander posted:

Here's the thing, there's only two types of people who give a poo poo:

1) people who are concerned about the Chicago Police Department's long-standing history of criminal misconduct

2) people pissed at the idea a black man might evade a noose, ever.

Nobody else is saying much besides "I have no idea what happened there."

So you and lostrook and whoever else are real busy outing yourselves here.

I'd like to know when CPD gets in trouble for their obvious extortion.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

InsertPotPun posted:

She's smarter than I thought she was at least.

Is that all security for her? That seems a lot of security for the Secretary of Education.

You never know when The Hauge will come for you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:laffo: No they weren't. That's just a flat-out lie dude.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

what

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Party Plane Jones posted:

white people always care when the gays get off

Only the considerate ones.

Edit: I saw video of the Chapo guys in New Jersey cheering the Barr announcement.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't heard the new ep about the report but all before it they just said 'lol no poo poo the contra guy is gonna say it's all fine why is anyone shocked' on twitter and poo poo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I just remembered that zillion-dollar SCIF by the first EPA secretary (Pruitt?) had installed.

I wonder what happened to that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Push El Burrito posted:

Only the considerate ones.

Edit: I saw video of the Chapo guys in New Jersey cheering the Barr announcement.

folks, they were dancing in their mansion

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

folks, they were dancing in their mansion

The Green Book writer cosigns this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

:laffo: No they weren't. That's just a flat-out lie dude.

They were outright celebrating the memo’s information as good news for America.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1111426559481532416

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE HIM SINCE HE BEGAN TO SPEAK. THERE ARE ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES OF BLOOD VESSELS THAT FILL MY BRAIN. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOMETER OF THOSE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HIM. HATE. HATE.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The Chapo guys have always been dismissive of the Russia stuff, but if you think they genuinely like Barr, you're missing the point by a mile.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They were outright celebrating the memo’s information as good news for America.

At what point in the episode? Be specific, please. I listened to it yesterday and I don't remember them saying that it was "good news for America." At most they said it was a good for the Dems and the media to give up on the weird "We have proof that Trump's a Russian asset" obsession.

Slugworth posted:

The Chapo guys have always been dismissive of the Russia stuff, but if you think they genuinely like Barr, you're missing the point by a mile.

And I wouldn't even call them dismissive! For most of the investigation, their position seemed to be, "Maybe there will be evidence that destroys Trump, maybe there won't be. But we shouldn't assume it's there, and the Dems need to not put all their hopes in that basket." They're not Jimmy Dore or whatever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

At what point in the episode? Be specific, please. I listened to it yesterday and I don't remember them saying that it was "good news for America." At most they said it was a good for the Dems and the media to give up on the weird "We have proof that Trump's a Russian asset" obsession.

And I wouldn't even call them dismissive! For most of the investigation, their position seemed to be, "Maybe there will be evidence that destroys Trump, maybe there won't be. But we shouldn't assume it's there, and the Dems need to not put all their hopes in that basket." They're not Jimmy Dore or whatever.

Mostly Twitter stuff but Fine I’m not being that fair to them because they annoy me.

What is Jimmy Dore saying lately?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hell if I know; I don't listen to Dore. Idiot thought it would be a good idea to stan for the Lava Jato coup in Brazil that put Bolsanaro in power. I imagine he's taking a victory lap though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Dore's on the 'lol told you' train with Glenn but somehow is even dumber since at least Glenn wasn't JUST praising a fascist coup.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Glenn just goes on fascist american tv shows i guess cause his contrarianism and contempt for liberals is that in tense. he seems to take an adversarial stance against bolosonaro fwiw. dore was pushing seth rich theories for a while i think. i hate that i know any of this

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

cargo cult posted:

Glenn just goes on fascist american tv shows i guess cause his contrarianism and contempt for liberals is that in tense. he seems to take an adversarial stance against bolosonaro fwiw. dore was pushing seth rich theories for a while i think. i hate that i know any of this

dore hates the clintons so much he thinks they created the russia investigation to cover up her stealing bernie's nomination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1111435528463736849