Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Godholio posted:

How it was with 1960s V8s, too.

Yeah the International rides at 3200 at 65, of course red line is at 3800 so it's a bit wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol I'll be happy with 3k.

yes it's a Miata
:lol: 3k in top gear in my car is 101mph.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Raluek posted:

Still is, too.

E: oh yeah you're the guy with the 327 vette, you know this

I put a 5 speed behind it for that reason. Brought cruise RPM down to like 2k. I'm less interested in the 2mpg I gained on the highway than I am by cutting engine wear. It's easier on the ears, too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

My Z06 had so much cam that it would surge pretty bad at partial throttle under ~2000rpm. Made 6th useless till at least 80-85mph. I still have no idea how I never got a ticket in that thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/eldorado/2248213.html

3 row, 8 seater 2 door.

Everything about this is amazing.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nah it looks like poo poo m8

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Is it a manual?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Krakkles posted:

:lol: 3k in top gear in my car is 101mph.

The wifes Kia could use either a taller final gear, or another overdrive gear in the trans. It runs out of first pretty quick, and starts to get plenty buzzy above about 60 mph. Redline is 5k, so its not near the hard stop @ 70, about 3k, but is noisy and feels like it needs bother gear. Like, its making the noise where I would shift up in any other gear if I werent wringing it out. Its a 2L, but with long rods, so a torque-y little thing. It could easily pull more overdrive. I actually like it. Im currently driving it, and get 24-26 MPG driving it like I stole it everywhere (city streets and commuting, short 12-mile commute). Itll so a lot better on the highway, or with her driving.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The only thing that disappoints me about that car is that they didnt use the Vista Cruiser glass at the roof transition. It would have been a natural, and helped blend the hunchback.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BraveUlysses posted:

nah it looks like poo poo m8

Wrong thread for this post.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is it a manual?

Doubt it's even diesel. Hard pass.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
forgive me as i unironically post some sorority girl's hyundai in this thread:

lol it was probably sitting there for a couple of days because it was dusty but i was surprised to see it was a manual and you can't tell in the pics but those beads are the 2 primary colors of the color changing paint:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

This is even cooler than those Cadillac pickups with the side-mounted golf bag holders they made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_kJlN_Sm0o

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

These struts are enormous.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 30, 2019

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
This was just dropped off at my house. I can't think of the last time I've seen a late 70's car this straight after all the years.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

the spyder posted:

This was just dropped off at my house.

Wow, the rear bumper fell off, how high was it dropped from?

:dadjoke:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
About 2ft. Note- don't use a bumper as a winch point. (Friend that dropped it off learned the hard way, lol).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I don't know any of the details, just found it on another site.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/status/1110633794304802816

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Memento posted:

Get more, because I need that.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Memento posted:

Is there a kit or guide on how to do these? I see them relatively frequently (Maybe once a month?) with all different body styles but the same body lifted off the suspension style that makes me think there's something in common.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
A lot of them are just bodies plonked down on top of old Blazer frames.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Memento posted:

Sign me the gently caress up.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Or Bronco frames.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MrYenko posted:

Or Bronco frames.

You really just hosed with my plans for the next project.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, thats not unusual. Back home when I was younger, I remember seeing a 3rd gen F body on one. Also an AMC Gremlin or Pacer. Same deal.
Didn't someone post a Miata up on a Ranger frame not too long ago?

Content:
Tractors, dancing, good music. May have been posted already but I don't remember it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJGcIUa1dWQ

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Radwood did a very last minute event in Ft. Lauderdale to go along with the Sotheby's auction (which I didn't go to.) Turnout was about 0 for the event which was a bummer but there were a few cool cars. I'm a bad photographer and spent more time looking than taking pictures so forgive me for that.

This thing had something like 3600 miles and was immaculate but also kind of a downer because it should have been free to drive a whole lot.

This was in an S13 that the owner has owned for like 15 years which was really cool. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the actual car but heres the engine.

RHD RX-7

This one was a real treat to see. In South Florida seeing Testarossas and other older Ferrari's (which were also there that I forgot to take pics of) and various Porsches is kind of common but this was a first for me. Wish I could have heard this thing running.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

And the guy with a ruf buys the cheapest tires he could find.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Makes sense if it just sits in a garage. (Which sucks.)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Thief posted:

girly_Hyundai.jpg

Wouldn't be my favourite colour scheme, but Hyundai cars are visually calm enough that a salient paint job doesn't look tacky

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dallas new car show was this past weekend.
I didn't take many pictures, because nothing about new cars is a revelation. There was a classic car corral and a motorcycle section that had some interest, though.

LEGO Silverado:

I believe it was 35,000 bricks.

This is a *new* Aston Martin DB4:

They also had a current DBS, Vantage, and Rapide. I didn't know Aston had a 4-door.

Acura had an NSX there. I didn't get an overall pic, but you guys know what it looks like. I really liked the engine presentation in it, though:

What I considered the best vehicle there was this gem:

A true survivor - note the bits of missing paint here and there.

A few bikes caught my attention. There were some very clean classics, including two Ducati 750s and a pair of LAverda triples, and customs.

I liked the pseudo-military theme.

Neat Triumph safari bike with sidecar.

Confederate Cycles was there:

Trippy vintage style by a local builder:

Neat Victory:

Zero was there doing rides on a course, but I didn't have time for that line, unfortunately.
Yamaha and Harley had biles on rollers teaching folks who've never ridden how the controls work, how to shift, etc. I think they were running them on alcohol, since no one was dying of CO poisoning in the immediate area. Interestingly, Harley was using their new sport-style bike rather than a hog.

I did "try on" a few cars, and I can confirm that the MX5 is right out for me. I literally couldn't fit in an RF without the targa section down. It was comical, really (no pictures).
Also, new pickups are ridiculously massive, particularly the HD variants.
And I really like the new Lexus LC, but not at their price point.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Darchangel posted:

And I really like the new Lexus LC, but not at their price point.

They seem to be depreciating rapidly, there's a few very lightly used ones for sale near me already about $20K off sticker.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the people that bought them cradle them more than teslas so that's pretty great actually

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

incels interlinked posted:

They seem to be depreciating rapidly, there's a few very lightly used ones for sale near me already about $20K off sticker.

To be expected. LS 4xxs are quite a bit cheaper than when new. Typically, the people who buy expensive luxury cars want *new* expensive luxury cars, so resale value drops quickly to something us pledbians can aspire to.
I am seriously considering selling off my Crown Vic for an LS 400/430/450, but there's nothing really wrong with the Vic other than its big and thirsty. It's hard to argue with sledgehammer simple cop car that was made for 1000 years. Maybe after the roof for the house is paid off.

Thief posted:

the people that bought them cradle them more than teslas so that's pretty great actually

That, too. I think I need a truck, so various Lexus SUVs are in the running as well.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

loving GOLD

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Darchangel posted:

To be expected. LS 4xxs are quite a bit cheaper than when new. Typically, the people who buy expensive luxury cars want *new* expensive luxury cars, so resale value drops quickly to something us pledbians can aspire to.
I am seriously considering selling off my Crown Vic for an LS 400/430/450, but there's nothing really wrong with the Vic other than its big and thirsty. It's hard to argue with sledgehammer simple cop car that was made for 1000 years. Maybe after the roof for the house is paid off.

That, too. I think I need a truck, so various Lexus SUVs are in the running as well.

The Lexus SUVs, particularly the LX, hold their values extremely well. LSs seem to be about average but that might have to do with more general trending away from sedans.

Conversely, there is a well optioned 2018 LC500 for sale here with 8,000 miles and the dealer is asking $76k on a less than one year old car that had an MSRP of around $100K. Thats like Mercedes level of first year depreciation. I guess the market for $100k grand tourer coupes is pretty small though

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

jamal posted:

And the guy with a ruf buys the cheapest tires he could find.

Cheap tires are a step up from just not ever replacing them :rip::rice:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

NoWake posted:

Cheap tires are a step up from just not ever replacing them :rip::rice:

Maybe its never driven so It would make sence in that respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR