Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

it was some chud saying something to a TSA agent and the agent saying something like "all of us TSA people are happy to work for free to protect our borders, death to democrats semper fi"
Yeah, I remember that now, but I'm still certain we've seen the exact text of the Witless twit as well. Verbatim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
What is with these guys and flight attendants.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I'm reading through it. Jones can't remember anything he's ever said and everything is a conspiracy against him. It's like nailing Jello to a tree.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pigbuster posted:

Limited female contact.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

They fantasize about the days they were allowed to sexually harrass them, at least the female ones.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

InsertPotPun posted:

I'm reading through it. Jones can't remember anything he's ever said and everything is a conspiracy against him. It's like nailing Jello to a tree.

Good thing he doesn't have to remember any of it because it's all on video or recorded in some other manner. "I ate a bowl of chili for lunch." defense isn't going to fly in this case.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Pigbuster posted:

The power fantasy of a woman who is literally being paid to never stop smiling at them.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yeah then Barr says "nah".

And tge democrats go "welp", guess we should look forward

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

InsertPotPun posted:

It effectively corrodes his cretinous influence for the mainstream since anyone can see he just puts this crap on as an act.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/BrotherNature/status/1111755024349257728

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

It effectively corrodes his cretinous influence for the mainstream since anyone can see he just puts this crap on as an act.

Which honestly only makes me hate him more. Like on some level he might know he's gone too far but he's too committed to his lies.

I hope he's sued for everything he has or ever will have

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Good bird.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MeetMckayla/status/1110285838645108738

Send this woman some money.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

RandomBlue posted:

Good thing he doesn't have to remember any of it because it's all on video or recorded in some other manner. "I ate a bowl of chili for lunch." defense isn't going to fly in this case.
Jones and his attorneys keep insisting that they need to play the entire four hour show to get proper context for the clips they play.

each and every time they play a video, no matter what, Jones answers with "You mean in that edited video? I don't remember. It's so edited."
Q. But, Mr. Jones, when you said this to your audience, you knew that wasn’t the school. You knew that, right?
MR. ENOCH: Are you saying that’s part of his broadcast?
MR. BANKSTON: Yes. It says InfoWars right there on the bottom.
MR. ENOCH: Is that part of the same broadcast?
MR. BANKSTON: Yes. Do you see where it says InfoWars?

Like, even when they ask Alex jones if that is him in the video Jones says "In that highly edited video? Yes."

quote:

Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) Do you agree that’s the Megyn Kelly broadcast we were watching? That interview
in the middle was from the Megyn Kelly interview?
A. I saw part of that. I mean, it was so fast,I...
Q. We’ll keep it slow. We’ll keep going --
A. I watch Court TV and stuff. Nobody plays edited tapes.

The video of a Megyn Kelley interviewing Alex Jones was playing too fast for Alex Jones to keep up.

It's kind of baffling how easy it is to confuse and incapacitate Alex Jones.

Edit: his entire defense is "I just report on what other people are saying". It's not his fault he was saying wrong stuff: he was just repeating what others said. Like how you wouldn't arrest someone for just transporting drugs.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 29, 2019

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1111724093621993472

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

InsertPotPun posted:

It's kind of baffling how easy it is to confuse and incapacitate Alex Jones.

Edit: his entire defense is "I just report on what other people are saying". It's not his fault he was saying wrong stuff: he was just repeating what others said. Like how you wouldn't arrest someone for just transporting drugs.
He's just doing that to muddy the waters and get his dumb falsehood on record.

He also said he super researched things independently so that's not much of a defense.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JJ McNab owns and I hope this was a good day for her.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AuschwitzMuseum/status/1111703636713852928

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1111696142440546305

:wtc:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

quote:

Q (BY MR. BANKSTON) The first thing, you admit now there are no e-mails between City Council and the School in which Sandy Hook was being shut down; that’s not a real thing?
A. This is almost seven years old, but I do believe that we wouldn’t -- I mean, sometimes we’re wrong about things; but there’s always some news we’re covering or a witness or something. So I can’t answer that because of just memory.
Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) Mr. Jones, you said it was seven years ago?
A. Six years ago, whatever it was.
Q. You just -- that stuff we just played you was April 22nd, 2017. That was a year before you were sued,right?
A. It was 3 seconds long.
Q. Right. But it’s not seven years ago, is it, Mr. Jones? You were saying that a year before you were sued.
A. I can’t answer. It’s out of context. I don’t know what you’re showing me.

FilthyImp posted:

He's just doing that to muddy the waters and get his dumb falsehood on record.
He also said he super researched things independently so that's not much of a defense.
I think you'll find Alex Jones has a bulletproof defense to that:

quote:

Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) By the end of 2014 you had personally done intensive research; and you concluded it was all fake, correct?
A. The specific areas I was talking about being fact, not in a totality.
When Bankston repeats the question to try to get words that equal an answer Jones's lawyers object until it's dropped.

So...check mate.

quote:

Q. Yeah, I get that. I get that. Let’s take a look at something you said right before the Megyn Kelly interview. Okay? And this is on June 13th, 2017.
(video playing)

Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) How did you determine [there were no EMTs at sandy Hook]?

A. I was reading someone else’s report.

Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) Mr. Jones, I’m going to lean up here so I can kind of point a little bit. Do you see here where it says, "What Alex Jones really believes about Sandy Hook?"

A. Yes, I do.

Q. Do you see where it says, "Among his questions?" Do you see that?

A. Yes.

Q. Do you see it says, "In closing Jones says..."?

A. I believe that’s where I’m saying I think Sandy Hook happened.

Q. Right. What I’m asking you is: When it’s talking "his questions," that’s Zero Hedge reporting on your questions. And when it says, "In closing Jones says," that’s Zero Hedge reporting on what you said. And now, in some sort of inception, this is you reporting on Zero Hedge reporting on what you said?

A. Can you make it bigger? I can’t read that.
Q. I cannot make that bigger, Mr. Jones; but I’m asking --
THE WITNESS: May I approach it, your Honor?
MR. BANKSTON: You may approach it. Yeah, go ahead.
THE WITNESS: I can’t even see it. My god. There’s no way to blow it up maybe?
MR. BANKSTON: I don’t think I can blow that up.
A. "My heart goes out to the" -- I can’t read it."My heart goes out to the parents of lost children."
God drat. Does this poo poo work?

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 30, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/KFILE/status/1111765281678995456

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

That's just a bad C&P on a stock photo, right?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
He's been spamming his facebook with coffee mugs and tshirts that have screenshots of his no collusion tweets. And people pay actual money for them.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He's been spamming his facebook with coffee mugs and tshirts that have screenshots of his no collusion tweets. And people pay actual money for them.

Selling things to morons remains one of his mail goals in life.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1111771337519972352

The problem with them insisting that the Barr Summary completely exonerates him is that this tweet is indistinguishable from one he would have written months ago

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Spotted today:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

InsertPotPun posted:

He lost all custody of his kids, so no, it doesn't. Jones isn't rich or well-connected enough to tell the legal system to eat poo poo.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I'll stop but this is loving fascinating

quote:

Q. So we can agree that in 2017, when you raised the question, "Why were no paramedics let in the building," you either did know what Sergeant Carrio did or you didn’t know what Sergeant Carrio did. One of those two things has to be true, obviously, right?

A. The tape was so edited, I don’t remember.

They were reading a police report. Not a tape. A report that they took a break to allow Jones to read.
This was right before the above:

quote:

Q. I have put in front of you Exhibit 2, the statement of Lieutenant Vanghele, correct? You’ve had a chance to read that?
Let’s go to page 5. Do you see the highlighted portion?
A. Yes.
Q. I’m going to read that, and you’re going to follow along with me. Okay?

And then right back to the "I was just reporting the stuff that others were reporting no I can't remember who it was so long ago."

quote:

Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) You’re not going to dispute with me that you’ve repeatedly said on your television show -- or your web broadcast that paramedics weren’t allowed in the building; you’ve said that over and over and over, right, Mr. Jones?
MR. BARNES: Objection as to the form.
Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) Right?
A. It’s edited the way you -- what you’ve shown me, so I can’t comment.
Q. I’m not talking about what I -- what was on the video. I’m not talking about that. Ignore what you just saw on the video. I’m asking you -- me and youright now -- you’ve said repeatedly on your web show paramedics weren’t allowed inside of Sandy Hook? You’ve said that; you’re not going to deny that?
A. I’ve read other people’s reports saying.
Q. Okay. And you did nothing to confirm those reports, literally nothing?
A. I went out and I covered news that was being covered.

I mean...how do you not recognize that he's not talking like the truth telling hero he presents himself as? How do you not read this and think he's a conman or addled loving 120 year old? How do you see him, repeatedly, whining about how unfair the world is to him and how everything is so strange and confusing and gee willikers why do they print stuff so small nowadays?? and think "strong man"?

Edit: gently caress me last one I promise:

quote:

Q. Thank you, Mr. Jones. I want to talk to you about something you said about Port-A-Potties. You know what I’m talking about when I talk about Port-A-Potties, right?Port-A-Potties showed up to Sandy Hook?
A. Port-A-Potties?
Q. Yeah. Do you know what I’m talking about when I say that allegation, when you talked about on your show Port-A-Potties showing up to Sandy Hook? Do you remember talking about Port-A-Potties?
A. I do remember talking about them.
Q. Okay. And you remember how your point was they showed up within an hour for a big media event,showed that it was clearly -- something’s going on because they showed up way too quick?
Q. (BY MR. BANKSTON) If they were, if those videos were released in 2013, it certainly would have been reckless to say the Port-A-Potties arrived in an hour in 2017, wouldn’t it, Mr. Jones?
MR. BARNES: Objection as to form. A. I just don’t know how to respond to the fact that -- that how do we know more weren’t arriving later and that there’s other Port-A-Potties or whatever? I’m not saying that’s what happened. You just showed me one still off something and tell me to answer questions.

Alex Jones made a conspiracy allegation in the middle of being sued for spreading conspiracy allegations.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 30, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Was on way home from work and a truck in front of me had a decal

TRUMP 2020
gently caress YOUR FEELINGS

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

InsertPotPun posted:

I think you'll find Alex Jones has a bulletproof defense to that:

When Bankston repeats the question to try to get words that equal an answer Jones's lawyers object until it's dropped.

So...check mate.

It’s not hard to disrupt a deposition or offer useless testimony at a deposition, especially if you are someone that takes bullshit for a living

It’s much harder to keep your testimony straight on the stand in front of a jury, while the other side reads your deposition testimony back to you and asks you about it. I think the thing juries might hate the most is you wasting their time, and if did this on the stand I think a jury would turn on him

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

He's probably just had too much chili again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PA allows you to own whatever reptiles you want. When I go to herp shows you can get anything.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

For those interested, on MSNBC is a Green New Deal Town Hall with AOC in the bronx

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Has trump said anything about Biden being a creepy molestor yet?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Speaking of:
https://twitter.com/ggreeneva/status/1111755570925711361

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The designers really dropped the ball by making the pencil-as-a-neck thick as gently caress.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

pookel posted:

I mean, if there's genuine national security secrets involved, they could restrict it to the Intelligence Committee. Give out 435 copies and you know at least one of them is going to be immediately leaked to the internet.

Not saying I don't want the whole thing released, just I can imagine reasons why they wouldn't want it immediately released that widely. I would be OK in that case with a House committee getting the full thing.

That's what the SCIF is for.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This honestly seems like the sort of thing where it's probably worthwhile to expose sources and methods just to maintain absolute public clarity over every detail.

No. If you put sources at risk you not only lose them you lose other sources that might come forward later.

And it's also totally unnecessary; you can redact the pieces relevant to the intelligence investigation to protect those and still have plenty of "meat" available.

Trasson posted:

If subpoenas happen, Barr has to choose between complying, or getting thrown in prison until he complies or Trump pardons him.

You can't pardon contempt.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

TRUMP 2020

I saw a pickup truck (that looks exactly like you're imagining) with a bumper sticker saying "Keep the White House white. Don't re-nig in 2012" during the 2012 election season.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1111768933651152897

Donny sounds worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

TRUMP 2020

Willing to put money on the driver being someone who gets offended when they hear other people speaking in Spanish.