Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Peanut President posted:

you don't recognize Venice?

*eyelid twitches*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Byzantine posted:

*eyelid twitches*

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

Rorie from Giantbomb really should have been more proactive on the puppy petting social media scene.

He has a blog.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DC Murderverse posted:

tomorrow we're gonna learn that the little girl who runs this like, hates Samoans or something

It's a little boy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And he's the btk killer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gripweed posted:

Black Widow was in the KGB? The organization that hasn't existed for like 30 years? Was she a toddler spy?

This is the same comics line where Nick Fury fought in World War 2. Some heroes get rebooted, some their age is ignored so they're perpetually 30. But when a hero's origin is tied to a specific real world event that cannot be replaced the Marvel solution is the Infinity Formula, a spin-off of the Super-Soldier Serum which doesn't turn you into a perfect specimen but does hugely slow the aging process. Fury takes it, and Widow got given a variant of it when she completed her training in the Red Room.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Bit late to the Larry Cohen chat but I just happened to find The Ambulance on a YouTube playlist of crappy movies last night and it is some wild poo poo.

Starring pre-burnout Eric Roberts with the most powerful mullet I think I've ever seen, James Earl Jones doing a pretty good Cameron Mitchell impression and the first movie appearance by Stan Lee as himself.

I'm not sure if that makes it canonically part of the Marvel Universe but I sure hope so.

The plot is some asinine bullshit about a mad doctor kidnapping diabetics or something, but it doesn't really matter.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

MikeJF posted:

I suspect Happy and Benedict Wong only get them because they need 16 living posters to match the 16 dead ones.

https://i.imgur.com/qDIntgX.mp4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

This looks more ominous than I feel like it's supposed to. Before I scrolled all the way down and got the the title I assumed it was going to be about, like, a super fastidious serial killer or something.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Nikaer Drekin posted:

This looks more ominous than I feel like it's supposed to. Before I scrolled all the way down and got the the title I assumed it was going to be about, like, a super fastidious serial killer or something.

I think there was a movie starring David Hyde-Pierce about something like that.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Season 3 of Legion looking good.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Byzantine posted:

*eyelid twitches*

Yes?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Vincent posted:

How am I just now hearing about this. The Frasier jokes write themselves.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vincent posted:

It's a fun film. Plot gets a little shakey but even creepier Niles is a strong concept and Hyde-Pierce really delivers.

That Downton Abbey poster does look like a thriller. Maybe the real killer will be the class system.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vincent posted:

Hyde-Pierce is great in that. Fun movie, if a bit convoluted.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah that was a fun little movie. for some reason i now keep thinking about that movie Cheap Thrills which came out around the same time iirc and i wanna rewatch both.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

how can this dude get back to being a sad whiskey-drunk sack for stranger things in time from being this fuckin ripped

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

how can this dude get back to being a sad whiskey-drunk sack for stranger things in time from being this fuckin ripped
They may have changed his character in S3 to be healthier. By all reason his breakfast habit of cigs and day old beer+whiskey was probably left over trauma from his kid.

Living with and caring for 11 probably remedied some of that. It sets the table for Ryder's character to be like 'wow you got your life together' as a bit of exposition to their will they wont they thing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Apparently he did work out a ton for the role, but the torso is still clearly prosthetics. But as long as you're not 2% bodyfat, it's pretty easy to slouch a little and still look like a chubber.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

That's Naboo.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

For about a second I thought the fingerless glove on the left hand was brass knuckles.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Keanu Reeves chapter 3: parabellum staring John Wick

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

So does this one have any of the black actors' names on it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It seems to have 15 names listed and there are 15 characters on there (not counting the dusted guys) so I assume so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1111661433039654912

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If that's supposed to be a CGI kid's movie then where are the dozen or so gratuitous side-characters who say "I fell on my bottom into some butterscotch" offscreen? Are they not trying to make Lorax money?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Why is Gomez wearing black lipstick? Oh, that’s his mustache.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Here's a pic of the original comic designs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Here's a pic of the original comic designs.

was about to say, looks surprisingly faithful

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It looks good. The only problem is that they cast Oscar Isaac as Gomez and he'd be absolutely perfect for a live action version too.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

It looks good. The only problem is that they cast Oscar Isaac as Gomez and he'd be absolutely perfect for a live action version too.

Only drawback would be that he's maybe too good looking.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

So does this one have any of the black actors' names on it

Pretty sure that the With/And section will have Samuel Jackson in it.

E: Just looked up the western equivalent and the With/And is actually Bradley Cooper and Josh Brolin. Danai Gurira's name is on the poster, though.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 30, 2019

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Nihonniboku posted:

Only drawback would be that he's maybe too good looking.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Raul Julia WAS Gomez. He’ll never be replaced. :argh:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Raul Julia WAS Gomez. He’ll never be replaced. :argh:

Gomez is such an interesting character because there are two actors who have placed their stamp on him forever. First you have John Astin, who is basically the model for all the animated/television stuff (Even the new Gomez looks like a mix of the Addam's drawings and Astin's face) and he was great as the funny Gomez.

Then you have Raul Julia and drat was he good. drat.

Both are great. Gomez is the best character.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
hot gomez is superior. We need a hot Gomez in these trying times.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gripweed posted:

hot gomez is superior. We need a hot Gomez in these trying times.

I disagree. Too many hot people in movies. Not enough ugly. Rango was awesome for going deliberately ugly for every character. Ugly is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Live action Gomez has always been hot. John Astin and Raul Julia were sexy af