Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
So who do we think is going to get unvaulted next? Loki and Ash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thanks to whoever recommended the Galatine. Ranked it up and put a max-rank Fury mod on it for that 30 percent speed bonus.

Right now I've got it doing extra magnetic damage on the assumption that it should help deal with slashing being less good against robots. Is any of that correct? A lot of stuff I'm finding online just assumes you already know what's strong and weak to every damage type.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended the Galatine. Ranked it up and put a max-rank Fury mod on it for that 30 percent speed bonus.

Right now I've got it doing extra magnetic damage on the assumption that it should help deal with slashing being less good against robots. Is any of that correct? A lot of stuff I'm finding online just assumes you already know what's strong and weak to every damage type.

Magnetic is almost useless, its main purpose is to be an incredibly annoying proc that enemies use on players. Bring Corrosive for Grineer and Corrupted, Gas for Corpus, and Heat or Heat + Corrosive for Infested.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

FactsAreUseless posted:

magnetic is the worst damage type sadly

its good against shields but shields aren't nearly as much an issue as armor is due to how scaling works

radiation or rad+viral is a good pairing which is mostly what i run with

if you aren't playing with goons so 4x corpro isnt an option, then corrosive is also good

gas can be nice cause it does good damage and kind of has an AOE also

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Mimesweeper posted:

I was lucky enough to be around when SSNeoman was running raids all the time so I am absolutely drowning in Ash blueprints. Wish I could trade them to people for the ephemera :(

That's a name I haven't seen in awhile. He quit playing Warframe I guess?

Edit: flashback to before the 'HD' texture rework oh my

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mimesweeper posted:

I was lucky enough to be around when SSNeoman was running raids all the time so I am absolutely drowning in Ash blueprints. Wish I could trade them to people for the ephemera :(
I can relate, i'm sitting on 3 unbuilt sets of Khora (+10 more chassis), 2 complete unbuilt sets of Ivara (+11 more blueprints), 3 sets of Octavia parts, 5 sets of revenant parts, not to mention the 38 unused equinox parts etc etc

i don't even have the heart to melt them for credits, i guess i might just build them all at some point when i get incredibly bored.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I can relate, i'm sitting on 3 unbuilt sets of Khora (+10 more chassis), 2 complete unbuilt sets of Ivara (+11 more blueprints), 3 sets of Octavia parts, 5 sets of revenant parts, not to mention the 38 unused equinox parts etc etc

i don't even have the heart to melt them for credits, i guess i might just build them all at some point when i get incredibly bored.

or hoard them for the chance they make more ephemera with rare part requirements

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Anora posted:

Edit: I just hit Max rep for Solaris U, I was not prepared for that.

Yeah, that was quite a lot of people's first reactions to that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

magnetic is the worst damage type sadly

its good against shields but shields aren't nearly as much an issue as armor is due to how scaling works
Magnetic is the worst damage type by far. If you want a good elemental combo against corpus / shields, go with gas / cold - cold has a 50% damage bonus against shields, and gas goes through shields as well as having the aoe spread you mentioned. You can then use the spare mod slot for a raw dps increase like fire rate or multishot.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

its also worth pointing out trying to build for the different factions is kind of a fool's errand anyways

build for grineer cause the armor how it scales is insane, everything else like whatever

and infested lol

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

also all the new endgame bosses when they take damage from regular poo poo its rad +cold so i mean

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only reason to use magnetic is as one more element on your profit taker setup. Not a big deal since you can just zap it anyway.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

its also worth pointing out trying to build for the different factions is kind of a fool's errand anyways

build for grineer cause the armor how it scales is insane, everything else like whatever

and infested lol
The problem with that is that Fortuna exists now, so shields are a thing that has to be dealt with at endgame level play. Corrosive is crap against shields.

I tend to have one corrosive/blast, one gas/cold, and a slash/viral melee to cover whatever situation.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ive got a spread for profit taker but ill be damned and refuse to switch out elementals for trash mobs

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm just thinking in terms of trying to solo fissure defences last week. I had a corrosive build on my stupid insane Tombfinger + pax seeker with a crit chance/multishot riven, and it was disappointing how little damage it was doing to corpus enemies. I almost felt like I must have built it wrong somehow. I added one cold dualstat and suddenly the damage went nuts again.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Anora posted:

A few questions:
Are any of these weapons considered hard keeps: Simulor, Knell, or Spectra?

The knell can do just stupidly absurd amount of damage, provided you can get that first headshot, but then it turns into an infinite ammo DMR. Fire rate mods can help a lot as well.

Hit the riven market and see if you can pick up a knell riven for cheap, it'll turn it into an absolute beast. I think you could probably snag one for 30p.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

shields are a thing that has to be dealt with

Not if you roll with straight toxin damage. :)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

thread posted:

corpus elements talk
I just keep corrosive/cold on 90% of my general-use weapons. Cold works well enough against shields, and corrosive smacks down units that are actually dangerous.

McKilligan posted:

if you can pick up a knell riven for cheap, it'll turn it into an absolute beast

Confirming this. The gimmick is a bit too annoying to make it a "main" sidearm, but goddamn does it poo poo damage out if you can keep the buff active. The only faction it's really not viable for are the infested because so many of their units have fucky "heads".

DE really needs to double (or more) the buff duration, 3 seconds is not nearly long enough for a buff that requires headshots to keep active.

Edit
Graph/calcs are from WWDC. Should be on github.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 30, 2019

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

What's the graph/details thing from?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

My login bonus today? 28,200 credits. What a weirdly specific amount.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rewards scale based on days logged in. My login boosters are at 39 hours now.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

That's a name I haven't seen in awhile. He quit playing Warframe I guess?

I'm NeomanSeraph in-game now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Time to kill myself with Napalm Grenades :getin:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Time to kill myself with Lenz :v:

Jesus, MR10 really opens up a lot of good weapons, I'm all out of pretty much everything, no credits, and still have about 6 to cook.

Today, again, Wolf appeared and we got him to almost dead, like 5ish%, then the final wave all died in the crossfire and the mission completed.
They really should fix that, it's a real piss boiler

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Helter Skelter posted:

Rewards scale based on days logged in. My login boosters are at 39 hours now.

That's actually really cool and a good way of rewarding long term players.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Raptor1033 posted:

Time to kill myself with Napalm Grenades :getin:

Friendly reminder that Hildryn, Revenant and Wukong all have abilities to keep you from killing yourself with AoE weapons.

And the Secura Penta's syndicate proc restores shields.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah but who wants to play Wukong? I have an irrational hatred of his staff animations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Avulsion posted:

Friendly reminder that Hildryn, Revenant and Wukong all have abilities to keep you from killing yourself with AoE weapons.

And the Secura Penta's syndicate proc restores shields.

Yeah, I have the Secura Penta, and I am absolutely killing my stupid rear end with fire.

Napalm Grenades is weird, it removes the secondary fire from Penta, as the Grenades explode on impact. It boosts damage and status chance, but tanks crit, and can't be used with Tether Grenades (which would be hilarious).

Also real sad the Grakata one can't be used with the Twin Grakatas.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Raptor1033 posted:

Yeah but who wants to play Wukong? I have an irrational hatred of his staff animations.

that's because his stance is really bad

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Anora posted:

Yeah, I have the Secura Penta, and I am absolutely killing my stupid rear end with fire.

Napalm Grenades is weird, it removes the secondary fire from Penta, as the Grenades explode on impact. It boosts damage and status chance, but tanks crit, and can't be used with Tether Grenades (which would be hilarious).

Also real sad the Grakata one can't be used with the Twin Grakatas.

The crit tanking was a bug that's since been corrected, iirc, and the secondary trigger still exists for airbursts

Real, real good mod

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Working on an end game Mesa Prime build because she's the poo poo and I'm a space cowboy. I'm interested in getting into the Riven Mod game but RNGesus doesn't smile on me. What's some good, stable ways of getting plat so I can just buy them?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Pandasmores posted:

Working on an end game Mesa Prime build because she's the poo poo and I'm a space cowboy. I'm interested in getting into the Riven Mod game but RNGesus doesn't smile on me. What's some good, stable ways of getting plat so I can just buy them?

Mining and fishing in the Plains is a slow but steady income, there's always people wanting to skip the grind for their arcanes or amp parts or rep. Vault runs are also pretty good if you get lucky with the drops and there's usually enough people who want to do them. Even rivens can be a good way to make plat, if you're getting poo poo RNG sell them veiled.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pandasmores posted:

• sell (raw) fish
  • sell (refined) gems
  • sell prime parts from relics (streaky and somewhat unreliable, but less so than rivens, that's for sure)
  • farm relatively guaranteed mods, e.g. Corrupted Vor for toxic dual-stats, corrupted mods from the Derelict, etc.
  • farm eidolons, sell arcanes
  • farm rep for virtually any faction, most of them have a way to convert to plat. easiest is probably Fortuna -> Pax arcanes but that also means they're the most saturated
  • find something that's a huge pain in the rear end that nobody wants to do, like archwing missions, sabotage 3x cache hunts, etc. and sell the exclusive rewards from that

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Is anyone else having trouble with Syndicate medallion spawns? I've been running Syndicate missions with a friend (who is both hosting and initiating the missions) and we've had three in a row where absolutely none have spawned. On the second run, one of the pubbies we ended up grouped with confirmed that no medallions spawned for them, either; my friend restarted their game after that but no luck on the third mission.

None of the missions were endless/small map types, so that's definitely not the problem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have all the resources and prints to build Oberon. How is he?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Cracking relics is probably the most reliable way to make plat. You can crack between 12 and 20 relics an hour depending on the mission type. 6 pieces of common "prime junk" will sell for 12 to 15 plat in trade chat depending on how close baro is. So cracking relics and selling prime junk will get you between 24 and 48 plat per hour, guaranteed. That's assuming the RNG hates you and your only get common drops. If you get some uncommon or rare parts, you can sell them individually or collect full sets to sell and your hourly profits will rise considerably.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have all the resources and prints to build Oberon. How is he?
Oberon's cool, he's sort of tanky, sort of a support, has some damaging skills, and has skill augment mods that can do things like "now your allies do bonus damage of a type no one wants to gear for BUT is good against a few annoying bosses when they show up" and "allies and you get autoresurrected during your healing effect" and stuff. You can set him up to do a lot of different things, and he'll probably be decent at doing them.

Also one of the skins you can get for him (Feyarch, iirc?) looks sick as hell.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

For a really long time Oberon was "the healer / support who's not as good as the other one" and then DE released a bunch of scenarios where he's a perfect fit. He's still kind of ehh outside his niches (arbitrations, Profit-Taker) but you could do much worse, and his fashion game is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oberon is friend to all and a welcome addition to any party :)