Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rinkles posted:

"Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area"

Sweet mother of God.

Amen.

Curious about the new torment scaling as well. Like, sages now double DBs, is there going to be much incentive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Rinkles posted:

"Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area"

Sweet mother of God.

Holy poo poo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Nightmare buff will presumably lead to higher GR levels than the current Grandeur buff?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Suburban Dad posted:

Curious about the new torment scaling as well. Like, sages now double DBs, is there going to be much incentive?
There are a lot of builds that have sort of a minimum clear time (say, you can't clear a GR in less than 4 minutes no matter what level it is because it takes you that long just to find enough mobs to kill); those builds will probably benefit from more Torment levels just because they can kill the same number of mobs for higher rewards.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

The Nightmare buff will presumably lead to higher GR levels than the current Grandeur buff?

I doubt it. If a class has a good LoN set then they can add a couple good rings, otherwise the grandeur buff is probably better

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mewse posted:

I doubt it. If a class has a good LoN set then they can add a couple good rings, otherwise the grandeur buff is probably better

has a ranking decrease between seasons happened before?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rinkles posted:

Sweet mother of God.

Finally, no more running around like a headless chicken till it decides to pop up on it's own and after going the opposite direction for the entire map area.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

"Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches"

About loving time.

Star Man posted:

Still no vacuuming up of crafting materials. Like come the gently caress on.

This poo poo, though, is Jay Wilson Stuipd.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i cannot wait to just cram what ancients i can onto my character with no regard for strategy :hellyeah:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
ancient puzzle rings better let you farm for cosmic wings

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Everything between hitting level 70 and getting your 6 pieces at the start of the season will be much easier if someone manages to snag an ancient. GR20 will be a breeze, even if you just equip some crappy legendary.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Don't you get your 2 piece almost immediately at 70? That's probably already better than some random ancient unless it specifically boosts one of your skills.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

Don't you get your 2 piece almost immediately at 70? That's probably already better than some random ancient unless it specifically boosts one of your skills.

Depends on the set, not all of them are front loaded on their damage multipliers. Doing just one or two Nephs at 70 should net you 1-2 legendaries a run, so that is up tp 750% x4 damage for simply existing through the season journey.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

It’s ancient legendaries unless they are changing that too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

stuxracer posted:

It’s ancient legendaries unless they are changing that too.

quote:

Added the buff for Season 17

Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active

So yeah, you'd need to specifically find an Ancient.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Swilo posted:

ancient puzzle rings better let you farm for cosmic wings

This is what I immediately thought of and if true this might actually get my friends to finish a season.

Also Nightmare buff is going to make it hilarious to level alts. Maybe this is the year to get my group into HC.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Oh yeah, missed the ancient part, I stand corrected.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress YES SEASON OF LON.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Baseline LoN sounds cool. The biggest drawback of that set is that it takes up both your ring slots, so it should see a lot more creative use with that restriction removed. I'm thinking LoN corpse explode would be very fun.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I don’t even like the classes that use LON today but maybe getting the two rings will make something viable. Necro, wizard, and crusader are the ones that use it for good builds right? Anything else?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Wasn't there a LON build for Demon Hunters for a while that revolved around hovering at super low HP? Could it benefit from effectively two free ring slots?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ancient CoE... :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

stuxracer posted:

I don’t even like the classes that use LON today but maybe getting the two rings will make something viable. Necro, wizard, and crusader are the ones that use it for good builds right? Anything else?

Theoretically any channeling Wizard build would be able to utilize LoN because their sets are mostly just damage amplifiers for whatever flavor of ray they're casting.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I'm thinking of playing catch up to get wings for this season. Is there a stand-out class/free set this season for quickly building something out that can take high grifts?

I'm going to have some long plane rides...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'd go barb, DH or monk if I were you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Some more Necromancer GR/Bounty tunes - The Necromancers - Of Blood and Wine (Full Album 2018) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqcCu1q5-k

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Hakarne posted:

So I'm thinking of playing catch up to get wings for this season. Is there a stand-out class/free set this season for quickly building something out that can take high grifts?

I'm going to have some long plane rides...

Barbarian and upgrade 2H Mighty Weapons or Necromancer and upgrade 2H Scythes. Use what ever gives the biggest numbers until you get 6 piece.

Monk and Demon Hunter are also good but I feel like I can get the former two off the ground much faster.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hmm this is simply not good enough!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got a youtube recommend for a video titled Diablo 3 How To Farm Primal Ancients! 2.6.4

To sum up: Run the highest GR you can, as fast as you can and as many times as you can.
:popeye:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MariusLecter posted:

Got a youtube recommend for a video titled Diablo 3 How To Farm Primal Ancients! 2.6.4

To sum up: Run the highest GR you can, as fast as you can and as many times as you can.
:popeye:

Holy poo poo I've been enlightened.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Not sure I'm following. Faster, higher GRs = more better loot? Is that right? Can you guys dumb it down a shade for me?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

tetsuo posted:

Not sure I'm following. Faster, higher GRs = more better loot? Is that right? Can you guys dumb it down a shade for me?

I think the goal is to simply maximize drops per unit time, typically expressed as drops per hour.

That's really all there is to it. You're just gambling on the law of large numbers to eventually, one day, work in your favor.

Edit: GR70 drops X number of items at the end. GR90 drops Y number of items, and 100 drops Z. From there it's just a calculation/best guess as to running which difficulty is the most efficient.

Zarin fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 31, 2019

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

An actual farming question: is there any convenient way to farm for the stuff you get from salvaging white gear? I got a million DBs while farming for the staff of herding and would like to turn them into upgraded rares but I keep running out of mats.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Organza Quiz posted:

An actual farming question: is there any convenient way to farm for the stuff you get from salvaging white gear? I got a million DBs while farming for the staff of herding and would like to turn them into upgraded rares but I keep running out of mats.

I think Act V, the plane of torment or whatever the wastes before entering Malthaels building, there are a ton of weapon and armor racks.

Farming puzzle rings might be more efficient, idk. Also, you can transmute mats from one type to another with the cube.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Organza Quiz posted:

Unless you have less than 1,000 of a certain mat, transmuting will be way faster than any farming route.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kaustik posted:

Barbarian and upgrade 2H Mighty Weapons or Necromancer and upgrade 2H Scythes. Use what ever gives the biggest numbers until you get 6 piece.

Monk and Demon Hunter are also good but I feel like I can get the former two off the ground much faster.

Thanks I just rolled a barb!

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Now that DiabloFans is dead, what is the go-to site to look up different builds and such?

My buddy last night said "D3 Planner" but it doesn't look like I can browse builds or anything, so I think he lied to me. Or was just wrong. Whichever.

I suppose I could use IcyVeins but drat if that site isn't awful to navigate. Or read.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought I had read something a long time ago that higher GR = higher% chance to be ancient? Or is that not true and it's just more legendaries and therefore higher number but same % of ancients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

bamhand posted:

I thought I had read something a long time ago that higher GR = higher% chance to be ancient? Or is that not true and it's just more legendaries and therefore higher number but same % of ancients.

My understanding is that there's a roughly 10% chance for an item to roll ancient, and difficulty does not have an impact on this.

It's possible I'm wrong, of course, but that's what I've been going on since as far back as I can remember.