Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

tpink posted:

lmao what a country. Wow.

Last night while I was walking my dog was the first time I ever really thought about never returning to the US. I haven't considered giving up my passport yet but definitely going for the Dutch equivalent to the green card in 2 years.

It's embarrassingly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Local Weather posted:

Last night while I was walking my dog was the first time I ever really thought about never returning to the US. I haven't considered giving up my passport yet but definitely going for the Dutch equivalent to the green card in 2 years.

It's embarrassingly bad.

I tried like hell to get out to an anglophone country for about a year and a half, but I just don’t have the work skills to emigrate anywhere where I could adapt enough to live. They all only give visas to engineers and very specialized scientists.

I would run in a minute if I could, and I just moved to what is probably one of the most livable and left-friendly places in the US (a big city in the Pacific Northwest).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh is the Netherlands unique among white people countries in that it doesn't have a burgeoning fascist Islamophobe movement that will be creating on going problems? If it ain't happening there, it just ain't happening yet.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

zoux posted:

Oh is the Netherlands unique among white people countries in that it doesn't have a burgeoning fascist Islamophobe movement that will be creating on going problems? If it ain't happening there, it just ain't happening yet.
Oh darling, i have bad news for you: Geert Wilders.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

dont ever google black pete

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I'm aware. The myth that America is uniquely stupid or racist or whatever gives all of Europe a pass on their extreme nutjobs as well. It's just not as obvious over there because until very recently ,those countries were all mostly ethnically homogeneous. But with the increase of non-white immigrants and refugees to these countries in recent years, we see that Europeans are just as adroit at being racist as gently caress . That's what Brexit is over, not some ideal of self governance but because some Pakistani bloke nicked me gran's mobile and that's coz the EU innit.

And it's not just Europe, racism in South, Southeast and East Asia is also massive. Because the US has had to reckon with an ethnically and religiously heterogeneous society for its entire existence, we just stick out more. I mean the Chinese government is currently sticking religious minorities in concentration camps.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 29, 2019

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Don't bother coming to Canada.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-moral-cowardice-of-canadian-media-is-leaving-racism-unchallenged

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah between the SNC-Lavalin scandal and Doug Ford, i fear Canada won't stay Liberal a lot longer.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Local Weather posted:

It's embarrassingly bad.

What up Dutch-residency buddy :hfive:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To wit:

https://twitter.com/skeptical7th/status/1111654143020752896?s=21

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

zoux posted:

It’s happening here but there are a lot of other things going on here that balance it out like reasonable heath care, gun laws, actual green solutions to things, and just a general air of things being a little more mellow.

It’s not perfect here, it’s not perfect anywhere but the perfect is the enemy of the good.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
We have to find a way to push Great Britain far into the Atlantic Ocean before they cross to the mainland.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ulvino posted:

We have to find a way to push Great Britain far into the Atlantic Ocean before they cross to the mainland.

They're desperately trying on their own as we speak.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

jojoinnit posted:

What up Dutch-residency buddy :hfive:

Yay let's fill this country with goons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all know we got legal weed over here now too

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

zoux posted:

Y'all know we got legal weed over here now too

The first time I bought weed with a debit card I almost passed out from sheer joy

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
So apparently the mob boss that got murdered in NYC was done in by a Qultist.

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/59xeka/suspect-in-killing-of-new-york-mob-boss-flashed-maga-forever-and-qanon-slogans-in-court&ved=

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

getting yourself and your family marked for a mob hit to own the libs

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Local Weather posted:

The first time I bought weed with a debit card I almost passed out from sheer joy

Edibles can sneak up on you like that.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kerning Chameleon posted:

White guys that like guns and hate the government (especially taxes)? I have no doubt the mob is on the good side, this guy must have been a rat or something.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

White guys that like guns and hate the government (especially taxes)?

Wait, is this the mob or QAnon?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

The Narrator posted:

Wait, is this the mob or QAnon?

Yes

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

This is, like, literally how Chritianity started

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I haven't paid much attention to the Q thing because it seems like the real question isn't "why do they believe X" but "why do they need to believe in X"?

X is basically the belief that everything is going to work out. All their enemies will be dealt with and Trump will reign forever (in space, or whatever). You get the idea. But I think this is a problem for the GOP when so many people are basically just wrapped up in the Trump Show and QAnon instead of more productive methods of political engagement, especially after some particularly bad midterm elections. Sure, it's freaky and weird and that's scary in a way, but you have all these boomers heading into 2020 spending their weekends doing eight-hour QAnon livestreams when most of my liberal friends are out knocking on doors for city council candidates and doing that kind of on-the-ground organizing.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1111489128644968448

If that video showing a disenfranchised population that loving detached from reality doesn't convince you that they're already perfectly groomed for recruitment into Trump's death squads if he gets reelected then I don't what else to say.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I read somewhere that the shooters whole family are construction workers from Staten Island. Draw whatever conclusions you wish from this information.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slutitution posted:

If that video showing a disenfranchised population that loving detached from reality doesn't convince you that they're already perfectly groomed for recruitment into Trump's death squads if he gets reelected then I don't what else to say.

Lol these people couldn't goosestep 50 yards without getting sore feet

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

zoux posted:

Lol these people couldn't goosestep 50 yards without getting sore feet

Oh totally, but they would still happily volunteer to start compiling lists of "subversives" as soon as God-Emperor Trump declares that having leftist sympathies is treason. Hell, a lot of them probably have lists already, mostly of family members. The whole "I'm gonna be the one to make Those People get what's coming to them" power fantasy is what unites so many of these broken people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toplowtech posted:

See i have hear multiple time about Rome lead poisoning problems and its link to the Empire fall but i am starting to think that either America's lead paint problem is really understated or that kind of brain worm is the final stage of most Imperial society.

Lead pipes the Romans used wouldn't of had that much of an impact, as the insides would have been covered in calcium pretty quickly, though lead gasoline certainly has hosed peoples poo poo up.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

ashpanash posted:

This is, like, literally how Chritianity started

Yeah but that time it was totally real. God sent angels and everything.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Slutitution posted:

:lol: at calling a bunch of white boomers who likely paid thousands of dollars to see their Godking in person a "disenfranchised population."

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Jagged Jim posted:

:lol: at calling a bunch of white boomers who likely paid thousands of dollars to see their Godking in person a "disenfranchised population."

These aren't fancypants fundraising dinners. No one is paying anything, let alone thousands of dollars, to go.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Lead pipes the Romans used wouldn't of had that much of an impact, as the insides would have been covered in calcium pretty quickly, though lead gasoline certainly has hosed peoples poo poo up.

Also because "It's like the fall of the Roman Empire!" is really underselling how supremely hosed up the Roman Empire was at the time of Rome's conquering, but also that there was no real "collapse of the Roman Empire". Rome was conquered, but life continued to move on after it was handed back. Emperors continued to rule, albeit with less power than before, and the politics of the world remained about as hosed up in Rome as they were everywhere else (even when Rome was at its peak, the assassination of the emperor was not an uncommon occurrence and often done by his own guards!). Generally anyone who wasn't in the path of an invading army continued living their lives exactly as they did because they weren't as reliant on the highest levels of government continuing to exist as they had for centuries.

The circumstances that led to Rome "collapsing" don't exist in modern America. You don't have state governors starting coups with portions of the National Guard to usurp power from one another or the Secret Service turning around and popping the president in the back of the head with a SIG-Sauer because the Vice President paid them off. We don't have an invading army coming across the ocean to burn down Washington DC. Whole cities aren't being wiped off the map by a lack of fire codes.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jagged Jim posted:

This is exactly the kind of arrogant, willfully ignorant attitude among liberals that got Trump elected to begin with.

We are literally in the midst of a fascist takeover in a post-truth society and you motherfuckers are still enabling it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump's base is one of the most comfortable group of people to ever exist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slutitution posted:

This is exactly the kind of arrogant, willfully ignorant attitude among liberals that got Trump elected to begin with.

We are literally in the midst of a fascist takeover in a post-truth society and you motherfuckers are still enabling it.

lol take it easy dude

Also lol:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1112353770543837185

I believe part of what warps these peoples' world view so intensely is that they think that TV shows and movies are real

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

zoux posted:

lol take it easy dude

Also lol:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1112353770543837185

I believe part of what warps these peoples' world view so intensely is that they think that TV shows and movies are real

This is like a Tim and Eric skit level of absurdity. It’s like a joke from Decker

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

"Most of us have a strong distrust of government. That makes us the perfect government agents that they've been subtly training this entire time."

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

So what company is it going to turn out this is an ARG for?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

So what company is it going to turn out this is an ARG for?

Stealth marketing for Quetiapine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
In retrospect, Qdrop 3631 is pretty telling:

quote:

wallet
POTUS on Marine One
Secure. How?
Think gyro
Think Arbys
Tallyho