Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Zarin posted:

Now that DiabloFans is dead, what is the go-to site to look up different builds and such?

My buddy last night said "D3 Planner" but it doesn't look like I can browse builds or anything, so I think he lied to me. Or was just wrong. Whichever.

I suppose I could use IcyVeins but drat if that site isn't awful to navigate. Or read.

I don't know if it's still relevant today but icy veins had some really good build guides for a while, especially around the first few seasons of RoS.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's nothing wrong with the icy-veins guides, and most of them are kept up to date. Some of the choices about specific priorities are kinda suspect once you get really into the reeds but for 99% of players looking for a build it's totally fine.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Icy-veins does not have the best builds and it lacks a lot of the depth of variety for niche things. That said, they clearly explain their reasoning and explain why they are making the choices they are making. If you don't have a lot of system knowledge, that is very valuable. By the time you understand things enough to point out where and why Icy-veins builds are weak or suboptimal, you'll not really need to use them anymore.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I took another look at Icy Veins, and it seems far more readable than I remember, so thanks!

Idle musing: with Sage's coming back into vogue in Season 17, I wonder what classes/builds are going to be able to quickly handle T16 while also wearing Sage's. (I imagine this will bring RoRG back into vogue for DB farming as well)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dameius posted:

Icy-veins does not have the best builds and it lacks a lot of the depth of variety for niche things. That said, they clearly explain their reasoning and explain why they are making the choices they are making. If you don't have a lot of system knowledge, that is very valuable. By the time you understand things enough to point out where and why Icy-veins builds are weak or suboptimal, you'll not really need to use them anymore.

Might take a few seasons to understand the wisdom of not including teleport in their build despite referencing it in their descriptions. (It's been that way at least half a year)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Zarin posted:

I took another look at Icy Veins, and it seems far more readable than I remember, so thanks!

Idle musing: with Sage's coming back into vogue in Season 17, I wonder what classes/builds are going to be able to quickly handle T16 while also wearing Sage's. (I imagine this will bring RoRG back into vogue for DB farming as well)

Most likely anything that has a 7 piece set (IK, Akkhan, Innas, Tal Rasha)and can be used to farm relatively quickly. Assuming T16 is going to be ~GR75 so that should be doable on most sets.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

Most likely anything that has a 7 piece set (IK, Akkhan, Innas, Tal Rasha)and can be used to farm relatively quickly. Assuming T16 is going to be ~GR75 so that should be doable on most sets.

I wish Necro had a 7-piece set.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Need help with Corpse Lance build. I'm using the Corpse Lance Trag'oul set build from Icyveins. Recommended weapon withe Trag'oul Corroded Fang. The guide say this weapon does triple damage to cursed enemies. However, not only does the weapon not state that in the stats, but the weapon apparently relies on a skill/rune that isn't even used in the build. Anyone else run across this issue?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Need help with Corpse Lance build. I'm using the Corpse Lance Trag'oul set build from Icyveins. Recommended weapon withe Trag'oul Corroded Fang. The guide say this weapon does triple damage to cursed enemies. However, not only does the weapon not state that in the stats, but the weapon apparently relies on a skill/rune that isn't even used in the build. Anyone else run across this issue?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/tragouls-corroded-fang-P6_Unique_Scythe1H_02

The orange text says it deals massive damage to cursed targets. The damage bonus works with any curse you apply, it doesn't have to be applied with Grim Scythe.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zaffy posted:

I wish Necro had a 7-piece set.

Rathma's 6 piece plus Jesseth is 8!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bamhand posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/tragouls-corroded-fang-P6_Unique_Scythe1H_02

The orange text says it deals massive damage to cursed targets. The damage bonus works with any curse you apply, it doesn't have to be applied with Grim Scythe.

Yep, I see it now! I didn’t see the “and” in the orange text.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Unless you have less than 1,000 of a certain mat, transmuting will be way faster than any farming route.

Aw gently caress I forgot this was an option, thanks.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/

Pretty good.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I cobbled together a rather fun locust swarm witch doctor today. Its probably not going to go much farther than T10, but it's pretty chill running around killing things without hitting an attack button until the rift guardian shows up. I know I can make it better, but I'll be damned if I can get a vile hive into my inventory.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

XeeD posted:

I cobbled together a rather fun locust swarm witch doctor today. Its probably not going to go much farther than T10, but it's pretty chill running around killing things without hitting an attack button until the rift guardian shows up. I know I can make it better, but I'll be damned if I can get a vile hive into my inventory.

Can you link your character?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I wouldn't recommend /r/diablo for anything. It used to have a constant undercurrent of D3 hate by D2 fanboys that you could still sift through for useful information here and there, but after Blizzcon it became an intolerable echo chamber for the worst parts of the community.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

LoN locust swarm is an old build. You run quetz+vile hive+in-geom. Skills are everything you'd expect, soul harvest+locust swarm+anything that gives move speed. You can also run cubed small man's and let the dogs kill elites faster. Pain Enhancer is also excellent.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/102144-2-6-4-lon-fire-walker-fastest-t13-build is an alright starting point.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 1, 2019

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dameius posted:

I wouldn't recommend /r/diablo for anything.

I do recommend visiting today though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DrSeRRoD posted:

I do recommend visiting today though.

Yeah seriously, that's masterful. :golfclap:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah seriously, that's masterful. :golfclap:

What am I looking for there?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Looking at the reddit link now, I don't see anything interesting. What am I supposed to be staring at?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

It doesn't work on mobile. Ironically?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Go to https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo

The awful redesign doesn't show it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Khorne posted:

Go to https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo

The awful redesign doesn't show it.

I did see that pic, but don't really "get" it.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Do you not have a phone?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Have you heard of our lord and savior Diablo Immortal? https://diabloimmortal.com/en-us/

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

All I see is a mockup of a D3 reddit page on a phone. Is the joke supposed to be that's Diablo Immortal? It's early, and I'm at work with a headache, but it's not tickling me and I want to be tickled.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s THE FIRST OF APRIL AND THEY CHANGED IT TO LOOK LIKE IMMORTAL BECAUSE ITS A JOKE

Do you not have April fools in your country?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Isn't it great?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is that coming out any time soon?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Is that coming out any time soon?

Soon™ (no release date at this time)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s THE FIRST OF APRIL AND THEY CHANGED IT TO LOOK LIKE IMMORTAL BECAUSE ITS A JOKE

Do you not have April fools in your country?

Ok. I don't even know what Diablo Immortal looks like. I heard there was some dumb announcement about Diablo Mobile, and then saw a video with a dude asking another dude if he "had a phone." Then I tuned out because it was dumb and haven't followed Diablo Immortal since.

Diablo 3 chat: spent Saturday getting my son's Barb power-levelled up to 70 for the season and we've been hacking and slashing our way to T10/GR45 or so. We are both in this weird boat where we are SUPER squishy, but can get through GR45-47 in under 5 minutes. We both have our season sets built out for the most part. I'm doing the Trag'oul Corpse Lance thing and he's some kind of Immortal King. Speaking of Corpse Lance build, am I playing this wrong, or does the build consist of me running around waiting for skills to come off cool down so I can murder elites? I've stacked up on cool down reduction and even had an In-Geom cubed, which seemed to only help for blood rush. The class seems fun, unless I'm by myself doing bounties or something. I run into obstacles like...doors. Doors I have to attack, but I can't because something isn't dead near by and my Land of the Dead still has 48 seconds left. So I just stand there stupidly. Am I doing this right? The major pieces i'm missing from the build are Reliana's Hook and the travelers pledge set. I'm using a Hellfire amulet instead. But those only seem like they'll give me more damage.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

am I playing this wrong, or does the build consist of me running around waiting for skills to come off cool down so I can murder elites?

Pretty much, it's a solo push CD-reliant build. There are more group/speed-friendly setups that work well in lower torments. Try Blood Mages for example, if you only have Trag's set available. They're much easier to play than the lance and doesn't rely on cooldowns.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

DrSeRRoD posted:

Pretty much, it's a solo push CD-reliant build. There are more group/speed-friendly setups that work well in lower torments. Try Blood Mages for example, if you only have Trag's set available. They're much easier to play than the lance and doesn't rely on cooldowns.

That's what I was doing prior to googling that build. I had blood mages+frozen skeletons and the corpse skill where they turn into spiders and run into poo poo. It was a pretty fun build! I made use of cubing Rimeheart + bane of the trapped + cold skills/skeles to make everything slow and cold and dead.

The interesting thing is that the corpse lance build seems to also excel at group rifting. With my son's barb creating corpses left and right, I didn't have to rely on Land of the Dead nearly as much.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I was overall disappointed with the Necro, despite playing it for the last 6 seasons. Each season, I played it less and less. For next season, I think I'll go back to my beloved WD.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't know who the gently caress thought a cooldown based build would be fun. Crusader is fun because you get permanent Akkarat through gear. Vyr's is ok because you still keep some of the buffs in non Archon mode and can increase your cooldown rate so you're able to get back in quickly, plus you're not helpless outside Archon.

Corpselance is the one build I refuse to play in the game.

Oh and Firebirds. gently caress that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Same, Corpse Lance is transparently boring and Firebird literally doesn’t work right.

I’m a HC player so clunkinessnin a build tends to mean instant death.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ok, so it's not just me. I really thought I was doing something wrong with this build. Maybe I'll tweak it a bit and player lower difficulties so I can have fun. I only do one class per season, so it's going to be necro or nothing.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Ok, so it's not just me. I really thought I was doing something wrong with this build. Maybe I'll tweak it a bit and player lower difficulties so I can have fun. I only do one class per season, so it's going to be necro or nothing.

You can do a skeleton Necro build. It's pretty fun and not (nearly as) frustrating to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

MariusLecter posted:

It's nowhere near optimal since I'm just kinda farting around with it, but here you go:

https://www.d3planner.com/492737665

There's definitely better builds, but I like this because it pisses my buddy off that he's been demoted to loot gatherer and orb grabber until he can get his build set up.