Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You see dear husband, the Prophecy told us that the firstbourne of our physical union would have been the Unchosen One, and only through the natural extinction of your bloodline was the the Great Ire prevented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
My [22F] cousin [25F] had an accident and blamed me for it.

quote:

Hi all.

My family and I live just in front of a large woodland area, where we often go exploring. I have lived there all my life and it is truly the most beautiful place.

My brother Tom [27M] is getting married, and in our family when someone gets married usually the whole extended family comes to stay at the home of the bride/groom.

On friday evening my aunt Eleanor, her husband Matthew and their daughter Freya came to stay.

Freya is the polar opposite of me. She is so gorgeous that she was a model while she was studying, and is very smart and successful with a high paying career as a city banker.

Please don't think I'm saying all this because I'm jealous. If she was anyone else I would be happy for her. However, Freya has had it in for me for as long as I can remember. When my parents used to force me to go to her birthday parties her and her friends would always pick on me, locking me out of the house and playing pranks, excluding me from games etc. I always left in tears but her parents saw the funny side.

Freya still doesn't like me and whenever we see each other she is rude and dismissive. My parents think she is an angel. She is pretty and smart and successful and whenever they talk about her I just know that they think she's everything I'm not and they wish I was.

They were barely here for 20 minutes and Freya had already made snotty comments about my job, my clothes and my weight. I wasn't in the mood and argued back. My mom could see that I was upset and suggested that as Freya has always lived in the city and hasn't been to our home in years, she should go and explore the woodlands.

I went to work and did a short shift since there wasn't much to do, and by the time I got back it was starting to get dark. When I got in my mom said that Freya had not come back and asked if I could have a look for her. I agreed and went looking. I was calling for her but I got no response.

On the far side of the woodland there is sort of steep drop. I went there and found Freya lying at the bottom of it. She had fallen down. The idiot wore heels when she went out exploring and must have lost her footing. By the looks of things she had injured her leg when she fell since her foot was in a bad position, which is why she couldn't climb out. However, she had a worse problem.

Freya is type 1 diabetic. I don't know long she was down there but clearly long enough for her for her to start feeling sick without her medication. She was whimpering and moaning and couldn't speak. I'm not particularly strong, but I had to climb down and lift her up, and then climb up that ledge again to get Freya to safety. As soon as we got somewhere with a phone signal I called an ambulance and carried her back to the house. Her parents were obviously terrified and were demanding answers from me, and I told them everything I knew.

The ambulance came and she was taken to hospital, where they brought her condition under control. She was kept at the hospital until today. However, yesterday morning Freya's mom tried to slap me, and said that Freya had told her that I pushed her down that ledge. I insisted that it wasn't true but she didn't believe me. Since I know about Freya's condition she accused me of trying to kill her daughter by stopping her from getting her insulin. She said they would be having the police on me.

And the sad thing is that my parents, instead of defending me, sat me down and interrogated me, asking if I did in fact push Freya. I pointed out that I couldn't have done since shortly after she left I went to work. They did believe me, but I was upset that they didn't believe me straight away and actually thought I could do something like that.

If the police do get involved I could end up in serious trouble for something I haven't done.

How do I make prove that Freya is lying and that I'm not the kind of person to push someone down a ledge?

Tl;DR: My cousin who hates me fell down a ledge and got sick due to not having her medication. She then lied that I pushed her down.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The truth about the world is this happens to ugly people all of the time and most attractive & successful people are probably monsters.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy hell. Her parents are shitheads. I mean, so is the rest of the family, but her parents not believing her when she had just gotten home from work is pretty terrible. Yikes. Time to find a new family (and push the rest of the old family off the stupid cliff.)

And really who the gently caress wears heels in the forest.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

DreamingofRoses posted:

I thought we weren't posting the ones that are simply depressing

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

CheesyDog posted:

*discovers thirty years of my life have been built upon lies by the person I have trusted most*

ah, looks like I am going to have to grow a lot as a person if I'm going to repress this successfully

:perfect:

Edit: quoted wrong post.

waah fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 31, 2019

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

DreamingofRoses posted:

Lesson learned. Next time leave her there.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I once read about some rare chimeric disorder that caused your reproductive organs to have DNA comparable to a sibling instead of your own. I keep waiting for it to be the big twist to one of these stories, and they keep letting me down. Even the uncle-father story had a boring old affair behind it.

This one, though, I can only imagine what kind of marriage the wife has been through.

There's a short documentary you can find online about this woman and the craziness of her child custody case.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Fairchild

Basically, her embryo absorbed a separate XX embryo in the womb, resulting in her 'sister''s cells making up her ovaries; so a blood test/cheek swab showed she 'wasn't' the mother of her three children.

In a different case, I think one woman's kidneys were composed of absorbed sibling DNA, and had trouble getting a donor match from family members.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

number 1 snake fan posted:

I thought we weren't posting the ones that are simply depressing
OP has an alibi and a bad person got hurt and may get in legal trouble if they keep pushing. It's not depressing, it's just the low point before the happy ending.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Marrying your high school sweetheart and thinking that there will not be a "I just had to know what it was like to experience all of the things that we missed out on" conversation: not even once.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JFairfax posted:

I wonder if the wife just hosed randoms to conceive after months of trying with him because she didn't want to ask him if he was infertile?

That's possible but very unlikely; for a couple in their 20s, the average healthy woman still only has about a 30% chance of becoming pregnant. It's much more likely that she was having an affair the entire time.

Also 2 of the kids have the same father

Also we don't really need to hypothesize unlikely alternative scenarios that explain the whole thing in a way that is slightly less damaging, their marriage is still hosed either way. She definitely cheated on him but come on

Sagebrush posted:

Here's a hot take: I don't know why this guy is blowing up his thirty year marriage which he describes as perfect because his kids aren't his own

He loves his kids, never fights with his wife, supposedly no one was unhappy. Better for everyone involved to just live the lie

Indeed, why would it bother someone to learn that their spouse has been cheating on them for 30+ years? It's not like anyone ever treats infidelity as a cause for divorce

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Wife lied to him and gaslit him yesterday, but hey, it was the span of two decades a long time ago.

Reminds me of the Kavanaugh hearings.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Motronic posted:

My girlfriend [31F] changes her mind about things because she's now "a different person". Me [27M] Relationships
submitted 8 hours ago by KeyBr1ck

I always enjoy OPs who don't know how to shoehorn in their age/sex info.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

appleskates posted:

From r/relationship_advice, which I maintain is trashier and therefore, more ridiculously fun to read:

My (24F) boyfriend (25M) had a bizarre reaction upon meeting my sister (23F). Neither of them will tell me what’s going on and it’s driving me crazy.
u/confusedangryannoyed

I’ll get right to it

BF and I have been together for almost a year now and our relationship has been great so far. He’s my dream guy and I honestly couldn’t ask for someone better. I always felt that we were both honest and trusted each other. At no point in our relationship did I sense that he was being unfaithful or doing something he shouldn’t.

Last week he came over to have dinner with my family. My parents know him well and adore him, however it was the first time he met my sister (or so I thought). For the record, I don’t have a great relationship with her at all. She’s manipulative, aggressive and batshit crazy to put it mildly. The only time she contacts me is when she either needs 1)money or 3) my help to get her out of trouble once again. I don’t have a clue what’s going on in her life most of the time and prefer it that way.

Anyway, after dinner BF and I were in one of the guest bedrooms when my sister walked in (she arrived late as usual). As soon as he noticed her his whole demeanour changed. He looked surprised but then very annoyed. It was obvious he was trying to act indifferent but it wasn’t working at all because he absolutely lost focus of what he was doing. My sister’s reaction was also weird, she immediately said “oh hey” in this fake innocent voice and started giggling. She had this huge loving grin on her face and asked me where I “found” him. They awkwardly exchanged greetings and then she left the kitchen again.

Of course I asked him wtf just happened, like do you know her or something?? He vaguely said that she seems “familiar” and kept beating around the bush. I asked if they had sex and he immediately assured me that they “they definitely did NOT” hook up and that I shouldn’t worry.

Later that evening I asked her in private if they met before and did something I should know about. She wasn’t being serious at all and kept telling me not to worry and all that BS. However she swore they never hooked up and I actually believed her for once, if they did have sex she’d definitely rub it in my face. I asked her if she owes him money or something and she said no.

Side note: As we were about to leave later in the evening BF said that he forgot his wallet and needed to go back inside. At the time I didn’t realize but now I’m almost sure he went to talk to her, for whatever reason.

It’s really frustrating being in this situation and I can’t stop thinking about it. I’ve brought it up several times and he just keeps changing the topic or telling me that “nothing happened”. Doesn’t that sound crazy suspicious? I don’t want this to affect our relationship but I feel like I don’t even know him anymore. I’m tired of begging for explanation at this point. Should I have a serious discussion with him or just give up & move on?

TL;DR My boyfriend and my sister have met in the past, neither of them will tell me what happened. I’m quickly losing trust in my bf and find it unfair that he’s being so secretive. Should I give him a chance to confess everything or just move on?

BUT WAIT:

confusedangryannoyed• 5h
So I just FaceTimed my sister and asked her to tell me the truth. I was desperate enough to offer her money because she always talks when cash is involved

She laughed and said that my BF already paid her to keep her mouth shut and that she won’t tell me anything until I offer more. I told her to get hosed.

When he comes back later today I’ll ask him to come clean and make my decision based on his response.

My (24F) boyfriend (25M) had a bizarre reaction upon meeting my sister (23F). Neither of them will tell me what’s going on and it’s driving me crazy. (UPDATE)

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/b6nhjf/my_24f_boyfriend_25m_had_a_bizarre_reaction_upon/

I had NO idea that my post blew up the way it did. Had it not been for the hundreds of “where’s the update/what happened???” comments and DMs I probably would’ve deleted the account and moved on. I don’t have a main

Anyway, on the day I made the post I calmly just asked him to tell me what happened. I told him that it can’t be THAT bad and that we can work through whatever it is. He said that he can’t because I’d think less of him and all that stuff. Idk, I was very hurt by that comment and didn’t push it any further.

The next day I had a massive argument with my sister who said that he never actually paid her off. I had a feeling she was lying anyway. She decided to tell me what happened because she got bored (yes, really) and wanted me to leave her alone again. In a nutshell, this is what she told me:

Around 2 years ago she went to these weird, hosed up parties (/clubs?) that were filled with people from wealthy/professional backgrounds and everyone was constantly coked up. Basically lots of debauchery & excess.

She saw my BF on several occasions and said that he was always doing heavy ‘substances’ and acting very, very wild. Apparently he and his buddies were major assholes too. (Btw, I’m not sure how she ended up there but he comes from a wealthy family so the connection makes sense)

One day he invited her to one of the rooms where he was smoking weed. She said that they got high together but never hooked up

Afterwards she left the party with him and a few others and they went to someone’s place

She walked in on my BF having a threesome with a couple of girls who tied him to the bed and pegged/used toys on him amongst other things. She spent 5 minutes explaining how “loud” he was and that he asked her to hold his hand.

Someone called the cops to the location and everyone, including my sister, took off without untying him so he was stuck there

She says she never saw him again after that night

Long story short, I brought it up with my BF. He eventually admitted that she told the truth. I was more concerned about his substance abuse and said I’d be willing to discuss that if he’s comfortable with it. It was a sensitive topic but I think we dealt with it well. He’s clean now and said that he managed to put a stop to it before it spiralled out of control. I assured him that his mental/physical health is far more important, the rest is just whatever. He was pretty relieved.

He said that he’s actually open about his past issues but didn’t feel like he could tell me. I think many people did something in the past they’re not proud of and it’s not always easy to share that with someone you care about. However it’s definitely not something I expected because he’s a clean-cut guy and just very calm/quiet overall.

Afterwards I asked him about that incident and he was mortified. He said that my sister just laughed in his face and didn’t even try to help so the cops had to untie him and he had to go ER that night as well. He was incredibly embarrassed about the butt play stuff.... and the handholding. It’s the first time I’ve seen him so red faced.

I definitely could’ve handled the situation better from the start and regret that I was so pushy. Maybe if i didn’t freak out he’d feel more comfortable telling me.

Just to finish off this post I’m gonna say this: if you’re facing a serious problem or addiction of any kind, please make sure you get help! The people that matter won’t judge you & you’ll feel less alone.

TL;DR Bf had problems in the past which he recovered from. One time he got high with my sister and ended up in a comprising situation

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Alternative: none of the children are hers either. She's been secretly adopting.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The Lone Badger posted:

Alternative: none of the children are hers either. She's been secretly adopting.

Presumably this man at some point during one or all pregnancies saw his wife changing, had sex, etc. and would notice if she just had one of those false bellies strapped to her.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
r/realtionships: embarrassed about the butt play stuff and the handholding

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

13Pandora13 posted:

Presumably this man at some point during one or all pregnancies saw his wife changing, had sex, etc. and would notice if she just had one of those false bellies strapped to her.

It's the internet. We can't just presume it isn't the wildest possible answer, in fact we should assume that it is.

SECRET ADOPTIONS IT IS

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The actual children were whisked away at birth in a trade for continental European children, and now that the secret is at risk of discovery the arcane pact holding the EU together is at risk. If he discovers the origin of the youngest child Brexit is guaranteed.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The real answer is that some secret government program overrided the dna of the father with the dna of other men, so that the children are genetic offspring of the other men. The govt then plans to assassinate both mom and dad in front of the children, and the psychological trauma combined with their genetic lineage will drive them to become superheroes. Each kid will follow in the footsteps of their true biological father.

No, i didn't steal this from Batman Beyond/Justice League Unlimited, so shut up.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling my lawyer on his wedding day?

Let's call him Sam. I run a prop trading shop (think buying and selling stocks). Sam's not our in-house counsel, but we called him in recently because we're undergoing a merger and he's a mergers & acquisitions expert. Today was his wedding. Beforehand, I told him I'm still keeping him on-call because something important might happen, but it's unlikely and 99% I wouldn't be needing to call him.

And like I said, it was 99% likely the day would go down with nothing important happening. But unfortunately, that 1% chance came through, and we had an emergency. I won't get too much into the actual legal aspects of it, except just to say it was a really big emergency. So I called Sam.

He was understandably pissed off at first. I still expected him to make some calls and talk to the other company we're merging with, but at first he refused. I told him I understood he was pissed off, but it is his job. He still refused, and I told him I'd let him go if he didn't get on the loving phone with the other company right now.

He was really angry, but did it and fixed the emergency. Later, I called him to tell him I was sorry for interrupting his wedding and that he did a great job, but when he picked up, he just called me a huge rear end in a top hat.

Am I? I mean, I don't think I am, since I told him there would a chance, however miniscule, of something going down and just asked him to do the job I'm paying him to do.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For calling my brother a "dog thief" at my sister's funeral?

Several years ago, I purchased for my sister a very expensive dog to comfort her during her battle with cancer. Sadly, her cancer became terminal about two months ago and she died last week. Last month she went into hospice care and my brother went over to her house and took the dog. At the time, this seemed ok because someone had to look after it temporarily, but now he's planning on keeping the dog. Here is the issue: my sister's daughter, now an orphan, wants the dog and I agree she should have it. I don't think my sister would have ever let him take the dog if he'd told her he was going to keep it and I'm certain she would want her daughter to have the dog. My niece did not initially take the dog because she lives several states away in an apartment but in a few months she will be living in a house. I think the best thing for both the dog and my niece is for my niece to have the dog when she gets a house. She is a responsible girl and the dog is one of her last things on this earth that she has to remember her mom by.

My brother has been like some kind of Disney villain - taunting my niece and telling her he'll never give it back and it loves him the most now. He was not even very close or nice to our sister, even as she was dying of cancer and I now realize taking the dog in the first place wasn't any kind of generosity to help a dying woman - it was an opportunistic dog-napping. Frankly, I am disgusted by his heartlessness. Anyways, at the funeral, I was eulogizing my sister and complimenting our other family members on their kindness to each other and my sister but when it came to mentioning my brother I just looked at him and the only non-profane words I could muster to describe him were "my brother, the dog thief." Thankfully, everyone laughed and it brought a brief smile to my niece. I've talked to some friends and they are divided on who should get the dog so now I'm reflecting on the situation and wondering AITA for calling my brother a dog thief at my sisters funeral.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
That’s a great title lmao

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for turning down a "well-endowed" woman?

Throwaway since close friends know my main. Brief Sidenote: I've always preferred more boyish-looking women, e.g tall, smaller breasts, short hair, etc. Now, onto the story.

My Ex-GF and I recently seperated, and I decided to try blind dating. I started chatting with this woman - she was great: funny, snarky, a bit sarcastic, and just overall a blast to talk to. We agreed to meet at this local Italian place about halfway between us. I turned up, and well, she was very "womanly" let's say. We talked for a bit, ate, and at the end of the date she asked if I'd like to meet up again.

Her: So, when's next time?

Me: Er, about that.... sorry, but I don't really know if I'd like that.

Her: What? Why not?

Me: Well, how do I put this... you've got a nice personality but you're a bit too well-off in the chest area.

Her: Are you calling me fat?

I tried to explain that no, I didn't mean that at all, I just prefer smaller breasts when she storms off, leaving me alone with the bill. I felt like a right dick at that point, so I just paid and left. When I told my sister about this, she got pissed and started telling me I was really rude and should apologise, but I think although I was a tad rude, paying for her food was more than enough of an apology, especially since she didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.

So, Reddit, AITA?

What is the gently caress is wrong with people? How hard is it for this assclown to say "I had a great time and you're very sweet, but I just wasn't feeling it" etc? gently caress.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CheesyDog posted:

Me [52M] just found out at least 4 of my 5 children [33F][30F][28M][24F][14F] are not mine. Wife [51F] wont say anything.

Lol. Seems implausible that dude never noticed his kids look nothing like him... but I guess some people are super dumb. 😂

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What is the gently caress is wrong with people? How hard is it for this assclown to say "I had a great time and you're very sweet, but I just wasn't feeling it" etc? gently caress.

I’m just being honest, man. I gotta be true to myself.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Roommate flushed an expensive family heirloom down the toilet.

So I’m a Sophomore in college and have been living with a randomly paired roommate who I believe has some form of special needs. If the room is messy he gets into some serious anger fits where he will scream and yell at me about not cleaning up and then proceed to throw all of my stuff around the room. This lasts around 20 minutes and he always apologises profusely and cleans everything up and says it won’t happen again.

Just yesterday he had another crazy anger fit and took my watch off my desk and flushed it down the toilet and proceeded to scream hysterically. The watch was quite an expensive Rolex passed down from my father from his father so it has a lot of significance within the family. I’ve tried calling the school and sewage system but I’ve had no luck yet in retrieving it.

I have moved rooms and spoken to the RA but they have not really offered any significant advice. I have not spoken to my roommate yet as I am both too angry and scared to approach him. I have not spoken to my father yet as I know it will complete devastate him.

I honestly have no idea how to approach this and any help would be appreciate it. What’s the best course of action here?

Edit: thanks for all the support and advice here! I really appreciate everyone who’s commented and liked this to help me get the best advice possible. A report has been filed with the police and I’ve been moved to a different room. Still waiting for a response from my roommate. Watch has not been found yet, but maintenance said its tough to do this on a Sunday (for some reason).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. Seems implausible that dude never noticed his kids look nothing like him... but I guess some people are super dumb. 😂

How do you know they don't? If they all take strongly after mom and she's got a "type" (eg brown hair, green eyes) it's not that unlikely they'd all be passably "his" to anyone who didn't know better.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tetramin posted:

That’s a great title lmao
Yeah this is all I could think about, drat. It's like a whole story. A family, three siblings, torn apart by death and thievery.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My GF[20] got a tattoo of something that represents me[24M]. I don't like the idea.

So yeah, my girlfriend has had this idea of getting a tattoo for a long time. At first her ideas were things like a Lotus Flower or a mandala. I thought they were cute, and encouraged her to get a tattoo. So yesterday she told me she is gonna meet with one friend of hers, this friends also happens to be a tattoo artist so i asked her if she still has the idea of getting a tattoo, and she says maybe, then she tells me that she has a surprise for me, proceeds to show me a drawing of a fruit. Now this fruit has a special meaning for both of us, because it was present the first time we met, and it has been something that somehow "represents" our relationship. I didn't like the idea at all, basically because we only have been dating for ONE year, and i would NEVER do something like that, and, although i didn't want to hurt her, my face was an open book. She got a little upset, said that she wasn't getting my name tattooed or something like that, because these tattoo just doesn't represents me but the things she has learn being with me, such as loving someone more than your self and making sacrifices for your partner, etc, and even if things don't work out between us she will still like it (i'm not sure about that).

She didn't expect my reaction at all, and felt a little sad and disappointed. I told her that if she really feels that way, she should get the tattoo, but it had to be something for herself, and i didn't want to feel responsible if she somehow ends hating the tattoo. The drawing was cool (it really was).

Yesterday she got the tattoo, it is big, it covers all her thigh. I don't want to feel responsible because she got the tattoo despite my reaction and our conversation, but somehow i feel this pressure, and i wish she would never have got the tattoo.

Am i being and rear end in a top hat here? Also i feel like and hypocrite because i should have told her my honest thoughts, but i just couldn't because seeing her sad makes me feel so guilty.

tl;dr: Girlfriend got that a tattoo that includes me. Am i supposed to be ok with it?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Why should he care? She's the one who has to look at the goddamn thing for the rest of her life after they break up

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to be in a relationship with me?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
just glad the thread robot who beep THEY ARE YOUR KIDS boop NO MARRIAGE PROBLEMS beep guy was here to spice up the past few pages

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Imagine being so desperate to insist that it was actually the man's fault that you say that it's fine and cool that she cheated on him for 30 years straight and it must be his fault if she cheated anyway

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Roommate flushed an expensive family heirloom down the toilet.

So I’m a Sophomore in college and have been living with a randomly paired roommate who I believe has some form of special needs. If the room is messy he gets into some serious anger fits where he will scream and yell at me about not cleaning up and then proceed to throw all of my stuff around the room. This lasts around 20 minutes and he always apologises profusely and cleans everything up and says it won’t happen again.

Just yesterday he had another crazy anger fit and took my watch off my desk and flushed it down the toilet and proceeded to scream hysterically. The watch was quite an expensive Rolex passed down from my father from his father so it has a lot of significance within the family. I’ve tried calling the school and sewage system but I’ve had no luck yet in retrieving it.

I have moved rooms and spoken to the RA but they have not really offered any significant advice. I have not spoken to my roommate yet as I am both too angry and scared to approach him. I have not spoken to my father yet as I know it will complete devastate him.

I honestly have no idea how to approach this and any help would be appreciate it. What’s the best course of action here?

Edit: thanks for all the support and advice here! I really appreciate everyone who’s commented and liked this to help me get the best advice possible. A report has been filed with the police and I’ve been moved to a different room. Still waiting for a response from my roommate. Watch has not been found yet, but maintenance said its tough to do this on a Sunday (for some reason).

I hope they find the watch and it can be repaired. As for the maniacal roommate, was the RA and school waiting for him to physically attack before stepping in? Why didn't the OP try and stop him, or was he so wild that nothing short of a tazer or .38 would get his attention?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Khazar-khum posted:

I hope they find the watch and it can be repaired. As for the maniacal roommate, was the RA and school waiting for him to physically attack before stepping in? Why didn't the OP try and stop him, or was he so wild that nothing short of a tazer or .38 would get his attention?

Entirely possible. College RA's have to deal with proto-adults antagonizing each other in tremendous ways every day. This may have seemed quite low priority compared to all the other stuff going down.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

In colleges that aren't run by morons, a student with this type of issue would get a "medical single" dorm.

You know, to avoid...this.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Being stuck in a septic tank isn't really any worse than being stored in someone's rear end for several years so I'm sure the heirloom watch will be fine

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

CheesyDog posted:

Me [52M] just found out at least 4 of my 5 children [33F][30F][28M][24F][14F] are not mine. Wife [51F] wont say anything.
drat. I don't even know where to begin here. This is nuts. :stare:

Sagebrush posted:

the high school cheerleader bikini car wash is a common feature of american popular media/old pervert sexual fantasy.
I organized a carwash like this business, originally billed as "sexy all female car wash ft. deadman". The cars did indeed line up but there was a restaurant nearby that people went while their cars were washed. I think I was 17 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think that unless they're attending BFE College at Sticksville the building will be connected to a regular sewer, not a septic tank