Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Folk metal violinist.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Only half this expression is from being too sick for too long, the other half is the blinding white snow all around me

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

New Wave Jose posted:

Lol what’s your job again?
Ribbon administrator.

COOL CORN posted:

Islays are the best in my very humblest of opinions
The one in my hand is the best.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I bought a new top a couple days ago.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Teach me your ways

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Cat wrangler.

Yup

Queen Combat posted:

Cat ear model

I wish

Not quite

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Folk violinist.

Fixed

CannonFodder posted:

Ribbon administrator.
The one in my hand is the best.

Yes! at least for this weekend.

I breed siberian cats and run a cat fancy club besides being an aviation engineer and part time weaver and musician.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
oooo engineer? Where do you work?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

Yup

I wish

Not quite

Fixed

I breed siberian cats and run a cat fancy club besides being an aviation engineer and part time weaver and musician.

:swoon:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sweet As Sin posted:

Yup

I wish

Not quite

Fixed

Can you ship your cats to the states?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

10 Beers posted:

What kind of scotch?

Johnnie Walker Red. What else would be in a Solo cup?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Can you ship your cats to the states?

I'm taking this sweet baby to California in a few days

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

oooo engineer? Where do you work?

I worked at Bombardier and then I left GE to work from home. Now I program stuff, unrelated to planes.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Sweet As Sin posted:

Thats some serious ear hair!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I have a new baby niece and shes waaaay cute

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I need to start wearing makeup again but there's no tiiiiiime

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I have a new baby niece and shes waaaay cute

Congrats! She's adorable.

Hey people!

My hair is growing and I can almost put it up! I do have to straighten it or it's a 1960's style mess.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sweet As Sin posted:

I worked at Bombardier and then I left GE to work from home. Now I program stuff, unrelated to planes.

dem eartufs, doe :eyepop:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Scathach posted:

Congrats! She's adorable.

Hey people!

My hair is growing and I can almost put it up! I do have to straighten it or it's a 1960's style mess.

Hello beautiful!!!

Also, I stalk sweet and sin's cats. I loooove them!

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
:words:

Goober Peas posted:

The thing that is difficult for me is, not only are you a good person on the outside you're pretty swell on the inside too.

I need a boyfriend like you!

Thanks! But on the inside I'm mostly bad impulse control, insecurity, and procrastination. Not exactly desirable qualities in a mate!

Zipperelli. posted:

I want your quads like I've never wanted anything else. Good LORD :stwoon: how???

COOL CORN posted:

Aschafly how much do I have to pay you to teach me how to get quads like that? Honest question

Squats. Lots of squats. Full depth squats. Squats multiple days a week. I typically squat somewhere between three and six days a week, mostly for heavy doubles or triples, with the occasional backoff set of ten or twelve, and with fives or sixes if I'm trying to gain weight aggressively. Most of the time it's high bar rear end-to-grass pause squats like this, but I also rotate in front squats, one legged squats, and the occasional set of split squats. I've had good luck with "Bulgarian" style programming, where every day, I hit the heaviest single I can with no mental stress or psychological arousal, then do some backoff doubles or triples, though it's not something I can handle for more than a month or two at a time. Since I've started Olympic weightlifting, my legs get a little more work from cleaning and snatching, too.

If you're new to lifting, you probably won't be able to handle squatting more than two or three days a week. Run a simple linear progression (with multiple sets of five during your training sessions), then switch to something that lets you vary the loads during the week or month once you've got some experience under the bar and can handle a little more stress. Some people can get by just squatting once or twice a week, and your mileage may vary, but I've found I don't feel like I'm doing any work at all unless I squat very often. If you start to feel depressed, lose your appetite, or have trouble sleeping, you're doing too much work: you can either try to push through it and hope your body adapts (your ability to recover is, itself, a parameter that can adapt over time) or deload for a little while.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I feel like I owe the thread a selfie after complaining about a breakup several months ago. Never let that inside-voice that tells you you're not worth it convince you of anything, you're the loving star-player of your own brand. As often as you may think that extranous factors could impact your life, make sure to just tell those factors to straight-up gently caress off, because you're the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. You've taken a hit to your health? Tell that poo poo to gently caress off and improve your health in some other aspect. Your career has taken a hit? Tell that poo poo to gently caress off by adding more knowledge and certifications to your toolbox. A member of your family is suffering from a terminal disease? Tell fate to gently caress right off by supporting that member and letting them know you love them, because there is no sickness known to human kind that can make a mark on history as long as you keep faith with the afflicted and make sure they know they are loved throughout their ordeal.

I think this is really good advice! I'd go a step further and try to remember that the inside-voice has literally no idea what it's talking about, most of the time. You feel the way you feel for reasons that are hidden and inaccessible to you, and the inside-voice is just providing a running commentary: it's confabulating, trying to post hoc rationalize the feelings you're already having, not accurately accounting for said feelings. I remember reading about an experiment where a subject was hypnotized so that, when presented with a verbal cue, he'd grab a lampshade and put it on a researcher's head. He did so, and when asked why, he came up with a bullshit answer about wanting to test an idea he had about how humor works.

Acknowledging that the inside-voice is mostly just bullshitting you will give you a little bit of awareness and hence more control over your emotions. It's good to pause if you're in a sadness/anxiety/anger/whatever spiral and remember that you don't feel the way you feel for the reasons you think.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
my knee hurts just reading that :(

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007
Chilling out with Gouda the other night.

Gouda being much more presentable than I ever will be.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Aschlafly posted:

:words:

Thanks! But on the inside I'm mostly bad impulse control, insecurity, and procrastination. Not exactly desirable qualities in a mate!

Your self-awareness failed to sway my opinion in a negative direction. Rather, it cemented my opinion that you're a top-tier duder.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I get this every morning

She sits there until I stop paying attention and then sleeps at my feet until her food machine goes off

greazeball has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Apr 2, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
All this fuss about clothes when, during a time crunch or a day where I have to wear plain clothes, it's still just jeans and a t-shirt.

I mean, even denim is new to me. Never before had I owned a pair. From about junior high until 30+ it was... either uniforms, or polos and khakis :negative:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Panic Restaurant posted:

A bumper crop of good dogs on this page! :3:

(Took me a while to get a picture that didn’t evoke a sack of lumpy potatoes yesterday)
You look fantastic :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:
Since I looked through my activity in this thread to figure out whether I had previously posted a selfie:
Dear Birbmod, sorry for posting an inline pic of my mangled post-surgery leg, I hadn't thought it looked as gnarly as it was at the time, mostly because...well...it was attached to me <3
:lol: no worries. It didn't bother me but it did alarm some folks so I just linked it for you.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

greazeball posted:

I get this every morning

She sits there until I stop paying attention and then sleeps at my feet until her food machine goes off

OMG so jealous. Shelly will lie by my feet, she will occasionally lie next to me, she will rarely step on me, but she won't ever lie on top of me.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ain't nothing wrong with jeans/yoga and a t shirt

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Animale posted:

OMG so jealous. Shelly will lie by my feet, she will occasionally lie next to me, she will rarely step on me, but she won't ever lie on top of me.

Well Mirabelle won't wear glasses so we'll call it a draw

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rare pic of Mr. Princess, he is well loved

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Queen Combat posted:

All this fuss about clothes when, during a time crunch or a day where I have to wear plain clothes, it's still just jeans and a t-shirt.

I mean, even denim is new to me. Never before had I owned a pair. From about junior high until 30+ it was... either uniforms, or polos and khakis :negative:

Wait till you get to leggings and then you'll be like, "Why did I buy all these jeans?"

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Picnic Princess posted:

Rare pic of Mr. Princess, he is well loved

Mr Princess is catte approved!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Teagan posted:

Hello beautiful!!!

Also, I stalk sweet and sin's cats. I loooove them!

Hi there also beautiful gal!

And same. Everyone should.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You look fantastic :3:

Thank you! Still getting used to the fact that I can take pictures of myself I don't hate??

Queen Combat posted:

Looking good! Can't beat a nice comfy t-shirt and jeans.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Sweet As Sin posted:

Did you pronounce it "Bomb-bar-dee-ayy" or "Bomb-bah-deer" ? Super curious

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Me and my moms adopted fur baby. So I guess my brother.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Teagan posted:

Did you pronounce it "Bomb-bar-dee-ayy" or "Bomb-bah-deer" ? Super curious
It's actually pronounced "Jom-bar-deer"

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Bom-bar-dee-ayy is the way I've seen it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

hey ho I'm Tom Bombardier

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bomb-a-deer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004