Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

r/legaladvice
My 65 y/o father knocked up a hooker and is now using that child for welfare benefits, but not caring for her.

quote:

u/anonymouslegaladplz
State: Missouri

My father is 65 years old. He knocked up a 23 year old hooker. Long story short she is now out of the picture and he was granted custody.

A few months ago the baby (1 year old now) was discovered home alone. The cops were called and the baby was removed from the household. The house was in an extremely bad neighborhood and not in good condition. There were saws, hammers, nails, and all kinds of other tools and equipment just laying around. In a court hearing when questioned about this he told the judge that the baby was a "construction baby" and she knew not to go toward those items. (WTF)

The state put the baby in foster care temporarily, but my dad is fighting to get her back. (He's getting $1,100 per month in state money for having her).

To give you some background on my dad - he's never had a real job. Always been a bum his entire life. Fathered 5 children and never took care of any of them. Left them with their mother and abandoned them. He was diagnosed in 2003 with a disease that caused inflammation in the body, so he told everyone he had cancer. Still to this day tells everyone he has cancer. He's got no job, no car, no house, no 401k, nothing to show for his time on this planet. Not to mention he has abused meth his entire life.

The baby is in foster care and when she first arrived she was severely malnourished. After every visit he has with the child he is supposed to bring her something to eat, and that is usually candy and soda.

The problem is - the court system here in MO. It is an absolute joke. The court system is catering to the parent. He shows up to these hearings with his public defender and they are actually making progress on getting the child back. We have provided evidence to the court that he is an awful father and it would be dangerous for him to be granted custody, yet the courts seem to be moving in the direction of giving custody back to him. His public defender always makes sure he's on his best behavior.

Am I missing anything that can get the courts to realize this is a mistake?

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pranks? Pranks. Skip the background paragraph and spare yourselves.

I[28F] and our best mutual friend [23M] played a mean April Fool's prank on my BF [23M] which ended horribly...how can I can reconcile?

Even the tldr is too long.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Clawtopsy posted:

Kind of? I feel like they are trying to handball responsibility to the eldest, here. By including him instead of resolving the situation without him, he's damned no matter what choice he makes.

He did the worst thing possible. Literally anything else would have been a better choice. If he had concerns, he could have aired them with the brother and his girlfriend, or he could have stayed out of the situation entirely. If he'd made an honest mistake he'd be a bit more concerned that forced a teenage girl into a horrendously traumatic situation instead of thinking his brother should just get over it and asking reddit for validation.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
I love his concern for his brother's employability. "I think he might be a mass shooter in the making but I don't want to report him because he might have a hard time getting a job later in life!"

Motherfucker, if you honestly believe your brother might be radicalized, his ability to get a paycheck should be a little lower on your list of priorities.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That "we booked three rows" story seems like a good plan for that manager guy to get fired. As well he should, because apparently his theater lets randos waltz in without a ticket, and he doesn't have the business sense to sell his buddies a private screening.

... although I'll grant I have no idea what licensing and rights management are like for theaters these days, it's well possible they're not allowed to do that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

r/legaladvice
My 65 y/o father knocked up a hooker and is now using that child for welfare benefits, but not caring for her.

:murder: is almost too obvious

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

I[28F] and our best mutual friend [23M] played a mean April Fool's prank on my BF [23M] which ended horribly...how can I can reconcile?

The real prank was you inflicting this woman's writing on us smh

quote:

I want to go to Endgame. I'm proud of my wife but I feel like fhis is a once in a lifetime event that will be spoiled of I don't see it opening night. 

I hate you so very much you worm, you parasite

OMGVBFLOL posted:

think, like, the sorts of people who go full :smugbert: about not having been a liberal arts major. they usually think life sciences have cooties too

I have a liberal arts degree. In Biology. It's me, I'm a womaaaaaaaan nooooo

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what the gently caress is end game?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
is it the new Thanos movie?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
r/relationships: he told the judge that the baby was a "construction baby"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JFairfax posted:

is it the new Thanos movie?

The Ant Man: Thanus movie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Would this have made a better How I Met Your Mother finale?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bunk posted:

r/relationships: he told the judge that the baby was a "construction baby"

This didn’t get enough love, yeah, this is amazing

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

r/legaladvice

Frank Gallagher?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Ignis posted:

There is a bunch more of these, but most of them are permutations of "am I the rear end in a top hat if I ditch SO/Friend/Dad and don't watch movie with them on opening day"

AITA -

I hope the ensuing nerd slap fight is live streamed. 30 seats for a movie lmao.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Why did Ashley even agree to attend the divorce presentation? I feel like that'd be optional at that point in the marriage. Maybe she got off on her husband having to tell everyone he was wearing the horns.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Clawtopsy posted:

Kind of? I feel like they are trying to handball responsibility to the eldest, here. By including him instead of resolving the situation without him, he's damned no matter what choice he makes.

Go watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High. That's how a big bro should act

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Why did Ashley even agree to attend the divorce presentation? I feel like that'd be optional at that point in the marriage. Maybe she got off on her husband having to tell everyone he was wearing the horns.

There's nothing too tasteless and poorly thought out to be unbelievable for middle-class white people. Including doing so as an April Fool's joke. These people have been carefully raised to have the least self-awareness in known history.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

If hearing “fortnight” and “whilst” is weird to you then I’m aching for us to get a post written in Singlish or something

Confirm plus chop that could make people in the thread merlion.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Beachcomber posted:

In searching for that, here's something way more frustrating

Get rid of your garbage wife.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

at this point i assumed it would be a joke about a dangerously premature birth, so at least he was...tasteful??

for what it's worth, full term is considered 37 weeks. So even if wife popped at 39, the baby would be perfectly fine.

I was away from this thread for 5 weeks and spent over a month catching up on the backlog I don't know why I chose this post of all things to respond to.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for changing my mind midway through buying a stranger coffee?

I stopped by a local coffee place after work today. There was a woman behind me in line with a toddler, the kid was sweet and saying "hello" to everyone in line and genuinely brightened my day.

While I was standing near the cash register waiting for my order, the woman stepped up and ordered a $4 coffee. I kindly offered to pay and she seemed so grateful and even thanked me twice. Right after, she turned back to the cashier and said, "in that case, you can add two extra shots and a blueberry muffin."

I was so taken aback, I immediately told the cashier that I changed my mind and she could pay for her own order. I walked over, picked up my drink and left without another word.

AITA for reneging on my offer?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That's tacky and I don't blame them for reneging.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I stopped by a local coffee place after work today. There was a woman behind me in line with a toddler, the kid was sweet and saying "hello" to everyone in line and genuinely brightened my day.

While I was standing near the cash register waiting for my order, the woman stepped up and ordered a $4 coffee. I kindly offered to pay and she seemed so grateful and even thanked me twice. Right after, she turned back to the cashier and said, "in that case, you can add two extra shots and a blueberry muffin."

I was so taken aback, I immediately told the cashier that I changed my mind and she could pay for her own order. I walked over, picked up my drink and left without another word.

LOL yeah that's cheeky as gently caress

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Leon Einstein posted:

That's tacky and I don't blame them for reneging.

Agreed. I guess I don’t understand what motivates people to work every slightest advantage to their favor. You were already getting free coffee!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol that sounds like something someone would say as a joke

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I would call the police

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
The only way that dude is an rear end in a top hat is, yeah, if she were joking and he chose not to get it OR she was very explicit about being willing to pay for the other stuff herself with the $4 she didn’t expect to still have.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I don't see any indication that she was expecting the OP to pay for the extra stuff. Maybe I'm just not up to date on my coffee shop lingo, but it read to me like she was planning on spending the four bucks she already had out.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

If she had intended to pay for the extra stuff herself, she would have indicated so during the addition to the order.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, I don't see any indication that she was expecting the OP to pay for the extra stuff. Maybe I'm just not up to date on my coffee shop lingo, but it read to me like she was planning on spending the four bucks she already had out.

Generally if someone offers to pay for you at a place and you then proceed to order more things, you have to specify that you will pay for the other things otherwise people will assume you're expecting them to pay for the whole order

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my blind girlfriend that I won't help her groom anymore?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a couple of years now. We moved in 8 months ago. First off, I don't care if she has body hair or not. She's very beautiful amd I love her. It's her preference.

Recently, she's been asking me to help her groom her underarms and pubes. I'm really embarrassed when I do this. I asked her what she did before, and she told me that she had to go to a professional to get it waxed. She said it was expensive and she is too embarrassed to let others do it. I get it. But I find it really awkward and embarrassing.

So, I told her that I won't be helping her with grooming anymore and I don't mind body hair. She got really upset and cried because I'm not being supportive. AITA here?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is he embarrassed if he doesn't care?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Smdh if you think touching your partner's junk is embarrassing and gross

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

bamhand posted:

Why is he embarrassed if he doesn't care?

He doesn't mind body hair in general but he minds helping her to actually groom herself because he finds it kinda awkward

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

When the lady quipped "well in that case..." was the indication.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my blind girlfriend that I won't help her groom anymore?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a couple of years now. We moved in 8 months ago. First off, I don't care if she has body hair or not. She's very beautiful amd I love her. It's her preference.

Recently, she's been asking me to help her groom her underarms and pubes. I'm really embarrassed when I do this. I asked her what she did before, and she told me that she had to go to a professional to get it waxed. She said it was expensive and she is too embarrassed to let others do it. I get it. But I find it really awkward and embarrassing.

So, I told her that I won't be helping her with grooming anymore and I don't mind body hair. She got really upset and cried because I'm not being supportive. AITA here?

uh

the question here is why can't she do it herself?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Shaving an underarm is so basic that a blind woman should be able to do it no sweat. Crotch is another matter though, and she shouldn't try to guilt her boyfriend to do routine grooming for her. Some people love doing stuff like that for their partners and other people don't.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Blade Runner posted:

He doesn't mind body hair in general but he minds helping her to actually groom herself because he finds it kinda awkward

Right, "doesn't mind" is disingenuous because he has made the decision that she WILL have body hair (or go pay for it)

Dating with disabilities must be loving terrifying that you have to trust that your partner isn't getting into it for or going to develop a joy in controlling your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pinecone Sample posted:

Right, "doesn't mind" is disingenuous because he has made the decision that she WILL have body hair (or go pay for it)

Dating with disabilities must be loving terrifying that you have to trust that your partner isn't getting into it for or going to develop a joy in controlling your life.

Uh

He's not trying to like control her or demand that she has body hair, he's just not really comfortable with helping her with basic grooming, which you can probably make some bones about due to her being disabled but ultimately it really isn't his responsibility to ensure she takes care of herself hygienically

She's not a child