Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

for what it's worth, full term is considered 37 weeks. So even if wife popped at 39, the baby would be perfectly fine.

I was away from this thread for 5 weeks and spent over a month catching up on the backlog I don't know why I chose this post of all things to respond to.

Welcome back all the same, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah that's just a case of "you're both adults and disagree on this, come to an agreement or break up if it's a deal-breaker"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

tactlessbastard posted:

Welcome back all the same, friend

Thanks

I've returned with a fresh outlook on life and am ready to make fun of loving stupid people on reddit.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Blade Runner posted:

Uh

He's not trying to like control her or demand that she has body hair, he's just not really comfortable with helping her with basic grooming, which you can probably make some bones about due to her being disabled but ultimately it really isn't his responsibility to ensure she takes care of herself hygienically

She's not a child

Adults are entitled to whatever beauty standards make them feel happy and dignified in their own body. (Yes, within limits, if she wears a tank top and works in food prep, she should wear underarm hair nets). Even if they can't see it, even if he finds something problematic in the history of women's razors, I don't care.

If a partner cannot do something reasonable to assist in this, that's not a good partner. That or a shaved mons should be an unqualified deal breaker for him.

His decision is pretty unilateral.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pinecone Sample posted:

Adults are entitled to whatever beauty standards make them feel happy and dignified in their own body. (Yes, within limits, if she wears a tank top and works in food prep, she should wear underarm hair nets). Even if they can't see it, even if he finds something problematic in the history of women's razors, I don't care.

If a partner cannot do something reasonable to assist in this, that's not a good partner. That or a shaved mons should be an unqualified deal breaker for him.

They are, and nobody is saying they aren't. However, there's a very big difference between demanding that she not shave her underarms and being expected to shave them for her, even if she would have difficulty doing so herself. Acting like he's trying to control how she looks because he doesn't want to be pressured into doing something he's not comfortable with is silly. Again, she's not a child, and while the details of her beauty standards are absolutely her business, they're also her business, and she can reasonably be expected to make arrangements for them herself.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

She can always pay to have it done. Like she did before. It's not his responsibility.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Poor guy has to deal with a girlfriend that wants him touching her genitals constantly. Must be rough.

It's his prerogative obviously, but it seems like a reasonable person could handle it to help out their partner.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

This woman is blind, not helpless. She'll probably miss a few hairs downstairs if she shaves herself, but it's not by any means impossible. Why do goons hate self-sufficiency so much?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

She can always pay to have it done. Like she did before. It's not his responsibility.

Pretty crazy of him to not feel comfortable putting sharp objects close enough to her vagina to mutilate it.

Which is also the same reason I'll never ask my wife to shave my balls for me no matter how fat I get

That's right, renegret's back everyone, let's talk about some fuckin BALLSACKS

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I somehow missed that she was blind but on the other hand I shave my balls just fine even though I'm so fat I haven't seen my ballsack in 30 years so fight me

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Pros just dip the gentlemen in a bucket of nair

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I married a blind woman. She never asked for help with personal hygiene, and she was happy to spend money on hairdressers etc to look good otherwise.

The girl's just being a bit weird, and possibly has picked up an odd habit from living previously with her folks.

Also, I honestly can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not about 'touching your partners genitals'. It's personal hygiene, it's about as sexy as wiping your butt.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

I find shaving my girl's pussy pretty weird and not something that I'd really want to do. That's not me being a bad boyfriend.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
in before all you degenerates start rushing in to declare your preferences vis a vis pubic hair on a partner

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Serephina posted:

Also, I honestly can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not about 'touching your partners genitals'. It's personal hygiene, it's about as sexy as wiping your butt.
I was kidding, but it's certainly not the same as wiping a butt. Lots of people enjoy grooming their partners. It's probably the primate in us. Lots of people enjoy pimple popping too.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

tactlessbastard posted:

in before all you degenerates start rushing in to declare your preferences vis a vis pubic hair on a partner

I'll have you know that I am very classy and have very good taste. Anyone with a different opinion is total garbage. AND FURTHERMORE

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Pros just dip the gentlemen in a bucket of nair

Please please please let someone lurking do this.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Leon Einstein posted:

I was kidding, but it's certainly not the same as wiping a butt. Lots of people enjoy grooming their partners. It's probably the primate in us. Lots of people enjoy pimple popping too.

I won't date anyone not willing to pick the bugs out my hair.

I'm single.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Serephina posted:

When my wife was 36 weeks pregnant she asked me to help her touch up a bit down there just because she'd knew there'd be so many people rooting around her vagina she wanted to be at least a little neat.

Because my life isn't a r/relationship post, we had an honest and open discussion about how I wasn't really comfortable with it because I was worried about nicking/cutting her in a bad spot and hurting her unnecessarily, and how there was a good chance it was going to happen since I wasn't as familiar with the topography as she was. Ultimately she agreed, and we compromised by having her do it herself but I'd be close by to help out if there were any hard to reach spots. Everything came out fine and there was no drama because we are a functional couple who know how to communicate and be respectful of each other's feelings god dammit reddit it's not hard.

tactlessbastard posted:

If I can't floss my teeth while eating out a girl then what's the point?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling a 16-year-old girl’s parents that she’s pregnant?

Why in the heck didn't he help those scared kids with an abortion? That was the whole point and he failed miserably. What an irredeemable rear end in a top hat.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Shaving isn't hygienic, it's just a grooming preference. It's actually worse for health and that's before you get into the possibility of lopping off your labia.

Also tbh I'm kind of awestruck he/they are so awkward that he hates it instead of just making it sexy or at least intimate and loving.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
buy a can of that hair removal stuff

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Shaving isn't hygienic, it's just a grooming preference. It's actually worse for health and that's before you get into the possibility of lopping off your labia.

Also tbh I'm kind of awestruck he/they are so awkward that he hates it instead of just making it sexy or at least intimate and loving.

That's pretty strange foreplay to me.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

lol, he doesnt like it but ur awestruck they havent just turned it into a sex thing

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

datajugend posted:

buy a can of that hair removal stuff

Most of those explicitly say not to use near your genitals.

Heck I think someone found a story of a guy asking if he was an rear end in a top hat for calling an ambulance because his GF had bad chemical burns on her labia from using Nair to get rid of her pubes.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pranks? Pranks. Skip the background paragraph and spare yourselves.

I[28F] and our best mutual friend [23M] played a mean April Fool's prank on my BF [23M] which ended horribly...how can I can reconcile?

those ages are a lie. they're teenagers.

the way she talks about their relationship and how they met and how they've been through so much in the.... drumroll... seven months theyve been together

thats the biggest flag but drat near every beat of her story sounds like they're either late teens or in their first relationship

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 3, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I have shaved my pits dry and I usually am not looking when I do it, I agree, it should be no problem, I've also never lived life as a blind person who has been told by parents, teachers, doctors, "stop! you can't do _____, you'll hurt yourself!"

If he had a better rationale that she could understand, fine work it out among yourselves, but the only part he was honest about is basically because your intimate parts embarrass me which is a weird as poo poo thing [redditor as gently caress] to say to your partner

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Most of those explicitly say not to use near your genitals.

Heck I think someone found a story of a guy asking if he was an rear end in a top hat for calling an ambulance because his GF had bad chemical burns on her labia from using Nair to get rid of her pubes.

ah ok , is it bad for the pits also?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ten years in and we shave like we're cheating on each other WITH each other. A decade-plus and her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my razor.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I can understand the guy not really wanting to shave his girlfriend, even though I think he's being kind of silly. But I don't blame her for asking him because having to pay to get waxed regularly gets pretty expensive and it makes sense she would be more comfortable with her partner doing it instead of a stranger. Also I'm somewhat hesitant in believing his claim that he really doesn't care if she has body hair or not, considering up to this point it sounds like she's been waxing. Let's see what he says a few weeks down the road.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

datajugend posted:

ah ok , is it bad for the pits also?
Nair doesn't work for some people in general, like my skin starts coming off before my hair does. That's not good. Without looking, you also wouldn't really be able to tell if it's working or what.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So without a partner, this poor blind woman will either turn into a jungle or be perpetually broke. And it won't be her fault at all.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

having to pay to get waxed regularly gets pretty expensive
100 bucks every 6 weeks. They say it grows in thinner the longer you do it, but that's a lie.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just get it lasered off.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

So without a partner, this poor blind woman will either turn into a jungle or be perpetually broke. And it won't be her fault at all.

Yes, disabled people have difficulty doing a lot of things that able-bodied people take for granted. Not really sure where fault comes into it.

edit:

Leon Einstein posted:

100 bucks every 6 weeks. They say it grows in thinner the longer you do it, but that's a lie.

I must have hair growing super powers because 6 weeks is, uhh, not gonna cut it for me.

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 3, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Just get it lasered off.
Does that actually work permanently?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Kinda? It definitely makes it lighter but hormonal changes can make some of it come back but it definitely makes the hair lighter and less of it.

Everyone that I know that does it swears by it and it’s much better vs waxing / shaving.

One girl I knew even right before the session the hair wasn’t even that bad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dazerbeams posted:

nothing wrong with a little bushwhacking now and then

It's fun to mix things up!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Legally they have to say it's permanent reduction, not permanent removal.

I got it and I'm happy with it, but there are a few stragglers, missed spots, regrowth, so you still have to shave to be 100% hairless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my blind girlfriend that I won't help her groom anymore?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a couple of years now. We moved in 8 months ago. First off, I don't care if she has body hair or not. She's very beautiful amd I love her. It's her preference.

Recently, she's been asking me to help her groom her underarms and pubes. I'm really embarrassed when I do this. I asked her what she did before, and she told me that she had to go to a professional to get it waxed. She said it was expensive and she is too embarrassed to let others do it. I get it. But I find it really awkward and embarrassing.

So, I told her that I won't be helping her with grooming anymore and I don't mind body hair. She got really upset and cried because I'm not being supportive. AITA here?

While on one hand I don't fault him for not wanting to help his girlfriend shave, it's really weird and stupid that his only reasoning is it's so terribly awkward and so obscenely embarrassing that he can't possibly do it anymore. It's just really weak, kind of lovely, and borderline childish, as if he's a scared teenage boy. It's like, uh, why should she ever trust him in a loving, trusting relationship if he goes back on a promise and suddenly decides it's too awkward and embarrassing to help her with her needs? It's not about him and his lame rear end. It's about her.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 3, 2019