Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Yes, disabled people have difficulty doing a lot of things that able-bodied people take for granted. Not really sure where fault comes into it.

Because shaving is more tactile than it is sight reliant. And because there are plenty of people who wear glasses who can't see in the shower and yet manage to do the necessaries without any problem. This woman is using blindness as a crutch and it shouldn't be encouraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I can understand the guy not really wanting to shave his girlfriend, even though I think he's being kind of silly. But I don't blame her for asking him because having to pay to get waxed regularly gets pretty expensive and it makes sense she would be more comfortable with her partner doing it instead of a stranger. Also I'm somewhat hesitant in believing his claim that he really doesn't care if she has body hair or not, considering up to this point it sounds like she's been waxing. Let's see what he says a few weeks down the road.

this. neither of them is out of line. him not being comfortable doing it is fine (it seems silly and childish to me, but i'm also a nursing student so i know my perspective on gross perineal stuff is not normal), her feeling upset and hung out to dry is fine. dating someone who's living with disabilities can involve some heavy poo poo. a lot of people living with disabilities feel a deep need for partnerships that help give them a refuge and a feeling of safety and security from their disability and the difficulties it creates in daily life. so yeah, her having an emotional reaction to him saying he's too embarrassed to shave her isn't totally out of left field, because he's basically saying when the going gets tough he's outta there.

now he may not have realized that, and there's plenty of room there to course-correct and work something out if this is an isolated thing. like if he just has a really severe aversion to helping her groom but really is in it for the long haul, they could end up fine. but chances are he's just not up for it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Also they've been going out for 2 years and have been living together for the better part of a year, so it's just plain super uncool to be like "Nah, don't feel like it anymore. Sorry!" out of nowhere.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
poor daredevil jumping around getting pubes stuck in the suit

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Also they've been going out for 2 years and have been living together for the better part of a year, so it's just plain super uncool to be like "Nah, don't feel like it anymore. Sorry!" out of nowhere.

Read it again, it isn't even that long

He just started doing it recently and found he wasn't comfortable doing it, previously she went to a professional to get it waxed, this isn't something he's been doing for their whole relationship

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dazerbeams posted:

Because shaving is more tactile than it is sight reliant. And because there are plenty of people who wear glasses who can't see in the shower and yet manage to do the necessaries without any problem. This woman is using blindness as a crutch and it shouldn't be encouraged.

lol shut the gently caress up i wear coke bottle glasses and i guarantee you my sight is still useful for shaving my balls

telling disabled people to harden up is not helpful or insightful, it just makes you look like a callous turd

a mentally stunted callous turd

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 3, 2019

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

so how much does it cost to wax at home? she can put on the wax and he can stand in the other room ready to pull the rope

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'd never put a straight razor near my jimmy, sight or no sight.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

datajugend posted:

so how much does it cost to wax at home? she can put on the wax and he can stand in the other room ready to pull the rope

There you people go again trying to make this all about sex

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

datajugend posted:

the two of them designing and building a big rube goldberg machine to wax her pits crotch and butt is definitely the best possible outcome here

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blade Runner posted:

Read it again, it isn't even that long

He just started doing it recently and found he wasn't comfortable doing it, previously she went to a professional to get it waxed, this isn't something he's been doing for their whole relationship

That's not the point, ya doof. The fact that they've been going out for 2 years and living together says that he should be comfortable with helping out his blind girlfriend in shaving her body hair, which she's extremely uncomfortable in doing herself for obvious reasons. He's her trusted partner and part of being a reliable person in your partner's life is helping her and being there. Besides, he was okay with doing it for a time and is suddenly being all like "Eww, body hair is gross and awkward" and that's lame as gently caress. It would be one thing if he objected initially, but now he's going back on his promise. It's not about the length of time, but that he's reneging at all.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

Also ableist garbage like this is dumb as balls. She's a goddamn blind woman who is scared of shaving her armpits and lady bits and that's totally normal and expected. Either she's going to get it done professionally or have her boyfriend do it and that's fine.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol shut the gently caress up i wear coke bottle glasses and i guarantee you my sight is still useful for shaving my balls

telling disabled people to harden up is not helpful or insightful, it just makes you look like a callous turd

Well she's a woman so her genitals presumably don't have awkward dangly bits to maneuver around. If she doesn't want to shave because she's uncomfortable doing so, that's fine. But she shouldn't make it her boyfriend's problem.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If we are using a rope then she can tie it to a trailer hitch. Preferably on underneath which hangs a pair of truck nuts that are hairless.

I know that's bad practice but the mental image is funny to me.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

Depends where you're shaving. Armpits she could probably do fine herself, but I certainly don't blame her for not wanting to shave her pubes blind. I have absolutely horrible eyesight and shaving my legs in the shower without my glasses really isn't comparable at all. Being really nearsighted and having no sight at all are very different things.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
When her boyfriend has the flu or food poisoning or a sprained ankle, should she completely abandon him and tell him to hire someone? Or does being in a serious relationship mean you have a partnership where you can help the other person?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the two of them designing and building a big rube goldberg machine to wax her pits crotch and butt is definitely the best possible outcome here

Oh I like this idea.

Press the paddle that drops the ball that rolls down a chute that trips the mousetrap that strikes the match that lights the candle that drips wax on her mons while slowly burning through a string that suspends a weight. When the string is burnt up the weight drops and rips off the cloth.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

wonder if he shaved the whole downstairs, using a razor around the anus would seriously spike my blood pressure

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord
She should probably just go ahead and start auditioning another SO. I bet posting "Blind women seeks man who enjoys shaving pubic hair" will make her inbox BURST.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Clawtopsy posted:

Kind of? I feel like they are trying to handball responsibility to the eldest, here.

Yes, that is what asking for help from a trusted elder is.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 3, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

Well she's a woman so her genitals presumably don't have awkward dangly bits to maneuver around. If she doesn't want to shave because she's uncomfortable doing so, that's fine. But she shouldn't make it her boyfriend's problem.

Also, I'm confused about this first sentence. Like, what. Do you think women are all barbie dolls down there? No maneuvering, that's a good one.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

That's not the point, ya doof. The fact that they've been going out for 2 years and living together says that he should be comfortable with helping out his blind girlfriend in shaving her body hair, which she's extremely uncomfortable in doing herself for obvious reasons. He's her trusted partner and part of being a reliable person in your partner's life is helping her and being there. Besides, he was okay with doing it for a time and is suddenly being all like "Eww, body hair is gross and awkward" and that's lame as gently caress. It would be one thing if he objected initially, but now he's going back on his promise. It's not about the length of time, but that he's reneging at all.

He gave it a shot and found that he was uncomfortable with it, which he likely couldn't really know he would be without having done it

Anne Whateley posted:

When her boyfriend has the flu or food poisoning or a sprained ankle, should she completely abandon him and tell him to hire someone? Or does being in a serious relationship mean you have a partnership where you can help the other person?
If part of what he'd need her to do would make her uncomfortable then yeah she shouldn't feel forced to do it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
WIBTA For telling a woman she is not perceived as white?

quote:

For a few years I've volunteered for a local organization which has many international members (immigrants, refugees, academics who move around a lot etc.). This is in a Scandinavian country which is only sort of relevant. There's this woman, we'll call her Sara, who suprised me one day when she said something along the lines of "As a white woman, I have to be mindful of my privilege" blah blah something leftist like this about how she doesn't want to speak for women of color yeah, I don't remember exactly, but I was very surprised because to me she was a woman of color. She's from Italy and she is very dark (dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin, facial features that don't seem typically white to me). Now, I understand that people have their own identities and I'm not saying she IS a woman of color, I'm saying I read her as one. I asked a couple other folks in the organization later on to see if my perception was just off, but it turns out they were all also very surprised that Sara identifies as white. Of course race perception is relative and when she's working in certain African countries she's probably seen as white, but in this country, no. Now, why should it matter? It doesn't, except that Sara works as an anthropologist and race and race perception are important to her and her work. She has brought up her whitenesss a couple times since that first time and she truly believes that she is perceived as a white woman in society and is experiencing all the privileges connected with that. Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I told her that (this) society is actually not perceiving her as a white woman and therefore she's probably not having a white lady privilege experience in life?

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think that Italians as an ethnic group are considered not-white here. I thought she was a non-white person with Italian nationality (like maybe had one black African parent or some other kind of mixed background).

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Blade Runner posted:

He gave it a shot and found that he was uncomfortable with it, which he likely couldn't really know he would be without having done it

If part of what he'd need her to do would make her uncomfortable then yeah she shouldn't feel forced to do it

he shouldn't feel forced, no, but being willing to walk through some discomfort for the other person's benefit is a normal part of being in a relationship, doubly so for relationships where one or both people are living with disabilities.

like, he's not out of line to refuse to do it, but she wouldn't be out of line for seeing this as a red flag that she can't trust him to be there when bigger stuff comes down the pike, and dumping him

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just shave the poor woman's oval office, jeez man.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Also, I'm confused about this first sentence. Like, what. Do you think women are all barbie dolls down there? No maneuvering, that's a good one.

I just think women have a much more straightforward time of cleaning up their genitals than men do. I don't know the joys of shaving around a man's junk, but it seems a whole lot more complicated.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

OMGVBFLOL posted:

he shouldn't feel forced, no, but being willing to walk through some discomfort for the other person's benefit is a normal part of being in a relationship, doubly so for relationships where one or both people are living with disabilities.

like, he's not out of line to refuse to do it, but she wouldn't be out of line for seeing this as a red flag that she can't trust him to be there when bigger stuff comes down the pike, and dumping him

Sure, and that's ultimately her choice if this is a deal breaker for her, but he's not really a garbage person for not feeling comfortable doing it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

I just think women have a much more straightforward time of cleaning up their genitals than men do. I don't know the joys of shaving around a man's junk, but it seems a whole lot more complicated.

We get it, you've never seen a vagina before. Can we move on?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dazerbeams posted:

loving :goonsay: right here, lmao

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Nah dawg, go nuts. Let us know how it goes.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the obsession americans have with calling spainards and italians not white will never not be funny to me

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Whorelord posted:

the obsession americans have with calling spainards and italians not white will never not be funny to me

ah yes, all those Americans who were born in and live in Scandinavia

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

:goonsay:

Ah, good to know that you've never seen a vagina, in addition to denying that blind people having strong sight-related issues in life.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Dazerbeams posted:

Everyone talking about her just figuring it out because they've shaved in the dark before are still talking with the benefit of having SEEN their genitals. This lady doesn't even know what she is working with.

Dazerbeams posted:

:lol:

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 3, 2019

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blade Runner posted:

ah yes, all those Americans who were born in and live in Scandinavia

Minnesota?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Well I could flat out state that I'm a woman who can't see jack poo poo in the shower, but that would ruin the illusion wouldn't it?

My [21m] chronically ill, seemingly socially isolated cousin [20f] asked me to kiss her. I kinda feel bad for her and wish I could help her in any way. What can I do?

quote:

First off, I dont want to come off like feeling pity for her, just that she was handed a terrible hand in life and I feel compassion for her suffering.

She's chronically ill (respiratory and joint issues) and is currently studying long distance since she had a flare up and was bed ridden for a while. Before that she would actually go to class.

I visited her yesterday (she lives with her parents, I hadn't seen her in about 2 months, but we chat sometimes) and she was in bed, looking pretty ill. We talked and laughed for a while, then she said she has always had the most fun with me, held my hand and asked me if I would kiss her.

I didn't know how to respond and asked her when she last kissed someone, she laughed and said it was a boy from high school when she was 18. Then there was a silence and she asked me again. I told her I wouldn't and she seemed very, very sad, and her voice choked a bit.

We kept talking for about an hour, we laughed with a few videos she showed me and I left. She gave me a very sad look when I left, from her bed.

That whole interaction really hit me in the feels. She used to be much healthier and active, and while her family really supports her, she just gets more and more ill. It hurts to think how deteriorated her mental health must be to ask me that sort of thing.

I wish I could help her be more healthy and happy. It hurts to see her so sad and isolated.

Is there anything I can do help her? Any way for me to lift her spirits in any way? How should I react if she ever asks me something similar?

tl;dr: Cousin is partially bed ridden from illness. She appears depressed, unmotivated and socially isolated. She asked me to kiss her and I refused, and she was visibly saddened. The whole interaction was sad and I wish I could help her in any way. Is there something I can do?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Whorelord posted:

the obsession dorks have with ascribing every negative personality trait in existence specifically to americans will never not be funny to me

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Well I could flat out state that I'm a woman who can't see jack poo poo in the shower, but that would ruin the illusion wouldn't it?

My [21m] chronically ill, seemingly socially isolated cousin [20f] asked me to kiss her. I kinda feel bad for her and wish I could help her in any way. What can I do?

oof she found modern porn

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
EX-AP (38F) will reveal my (57M) "second family" if I attend my daughter's wedding. Please help!!

quote:

Throwaway

tl;dr if I attend my daughter’s wedding the mother of my affair children will tell my wife and older children about my “second family” and ruin the wedding.

My (57M) wife (55F) have been married for 36 years. We have three adult children – two sons one daughter. 20 years ago, I carried on a four-year affair with a woman who was 18 at the time; this affair produced three sons – there is a set of twins (20M and 18Ms).

I realized what I was doing was wrong and broke off the affair – I offered to fess up to my wife and take the three boys she did not want to give the children up (the AP was 22 at the time). I agreed to support the children and see them when I could; she agreed not interfere with my primary life. This has worked for the last 20 years but she is now reconsidering.

My one and only daughter is getting married, this wedding has been planned for over a year. I recently learned the 20M is graduating from boot camp on a Wednesday, the (18M) twins are graduating high school two days later (Friday) and my daughter is getting married the next day (Saturday). The mother (38F) of the three younger boys planned a large party to celebrate the graduations. This party is taking place on the same Saturday my daughter is getting married.

The mother of the three younger boys wants me to attend the two graduations and the graduation party. I had every intention on attending the ceremonies and celebrations with the “second family” until I realized the clash of dates. I told the mother of the (20M and 18Ms) I would not be attending the graduations or the party as I will be dealing with my primary family that same week for my daughter’s wedding.

The problem: The mother of the three boys (20M and 18Ms) told me if I attend my daughter’s wedding, she would “out” me. She will tell my wife, daughter and two older sons about the affair and “second family”. Further, she (38F) told me she plans to reveal right before the wedding because she feels like it would be a good time to ruin my life since I want to ruin her and her son’s (20M and 18Ms) lives.

I do not know what to do. I am really stressing out about this, I have not been able to eat or get much sleep. I’ve tried talking to her about the situation and she (38F) is holding her ground. Either I show up to be with my “second family” or she will ruin my daughter’s wedding and my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

she wouldn't be out of line for seeing this as a red flag that she can't trust him
lol what the gently caress