Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Sometimes direct to video is better."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha this rules

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The MSJ posted:

Come to think of it, "Sadistic Graphic Violence, Torture, Bizarre Sexuality/Nudity, and A Scene Depicting Cunnilingus" all covers the act of Ant-Man killing Thanos by entering his butt and expanding.

It would also warrant a sexual use of the word "gently caress"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like, as a basis of comparison, the last movie I saw have "this film is not yet rated" that close to release was Alita, which was very blatantly trimmed in a couple places (the dog bit before the underground fight is loving weirdly edited, for one).

Endgame is probably in a similar boat, and is probably just a tad too violent for a PG-13 or has specific types and framings of violence the MPAA dislikes (example: part of why Logan was greenlit for R is because the MPAA straight up told Fox and filmmakers that the whole child-experimentation/genocide plot wouldn't fly for PG-13, period, no matter how they handled everything else. Fox proceeded to hand Mangold a license to go hog wild with it).

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, as a basis of comparison, the last movie I saw have "this film is not yet rated" that close to release was Alita, which was very blatantly trimmed in a couple places (the dog bit before the underground fight is loving weirdly edited, for one).

Endgame is probably in a similar boat, and is probably just a tad too violent for a PG-13 or has specific types and framings of violence the MPAA dislikes (example: part of why Logan was greenlit for R is because the MPAA straight up told Fox and filmmakers that the whole child-experimentation/genocide plot wouldn't fly for PG-13, period, no matter how they handled everything else. Fox proceeded to hand Mangold a license to go hog wild with it).

I still don't know how dark Knight skirted by with a pg13. I know he had to remove some sound effects, like a scream when the Asian guy burns on a pile of money, but that movie had a lot of dark moments

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The MSJ posted:

Come to think of it, "Sadistic Graphic Violence, Torture, Bizarre Sexuality/Nudity, and A Scene Depicting Cunnilingus" all covers the act of Ant-Man killing Thanos by entering his butt and expanding.

You have a strange definition of "cunnilingus", moi droog.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The MSJ posted:

it's called analingus

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

it's called analingus

And it's very good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IMO prostate “massage” with Ant-Man.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Autechresaint posted:

I still don't know how dark Knight skirted by with a pg13. I know he had to remove some sound effects, like a scream when the Asian guy burns on a pile of money, but that movie had a lot of dark moments

If it's dark and violent but you don't like, see anyone's guts spilling all over the place, it usually gets a pass.

Although in reality there's not much difference between TDK and The Matrix despite the latter being rated R. Sometimes it's just what mood they're in.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I gotta see this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, I'm in to it
https://twitter.com/jokermovie/status/1113425942574034945?s=09

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Autechresaint posted:

The secret is that at the end of the day, MPAA ratings are actually kinda arbitrary and up to whoever's looking at the movie at the time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Almost disappointed "Graveyard" is spelling correctly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They tried to misspell it, but they forgot to turn off autocorrect.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Graveyard as a word is spelled pretty phonetically already so there isn’t any room for a misspelling so clearly the solution was to flip the E backwards, children’s lemonade stand-style.

But that would require the bare minimum effort from the makers of Pet Graveyard

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

imdb posted:

What would happen if a sex drug ended up in the Secret Sauce of a new burger joint?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That’s PG-13 rating is a crime. Just watch Zapped!.

Or better yet, Zapped! Again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
gently caress that poo poo, it's Hamburger: The Motion Picture or get off my goddamn stoop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Good Sex Burger

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

dueling title cards

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fast Food all the way, the Hamburger one looks kinda disgusting.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

But will it be better than Ghost Shark?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
How is a zombie shark functionally different from a regular shark

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sharks are the natural predator to the zombie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5MIF3gqREE
Too bad zombies just don't end up in the sea that often.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 3, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sharks are the natural predator to the zombie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5MIF3gqREE
To bad zombies just don't end up in the sea that often.

Part of the ship part of the crew

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

morestuff posted:

How is a zombie shark functionally different from a regular shark

regular sharks don't target humans, and when they do bite humans the shark will almost always give up after the first bite.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
shouldnt a zombie shark only attack healthy non-zombie sharks?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Autechresaint posted:

Well, if they only say it once in a non sexual way then they could get away with it.

If you can't say gently caress after half of existence turns to dust then what's the point?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Game of Thrones III?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I know good and goddamn well from just the poster that I saw this on USA Up All Night at least once

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

What would happen if a sex drug ended up in the Secret Sauce of a new burger joint?

The 80s: when people having sex after being unwillingly drugged or other conditions of dubious consent was the utter height of comedy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Game of Thrones III?

Yes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MikeJF posted:

The 80s: when people having sex after being unwillingly drugged or other conditions of dubious consent was the utter height of comedy.

Just because it has Traci Lords in it...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

gently caress that poo poo, it's Hamburger: The Motion Picture or get off my goddamn stoop.

Cholesterol is now rated R.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Not sure how much you can read into the timeline of movie ratings. Pet Sematary just got rated two weeks ago https://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=mpaa&p=.htm and it seems unlikely they were fighting against a NC-17 rating.

It may be Disney just keeping the film in lockdown as much as possible to avoid leaks.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New poster for Ma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

not gonna lie, the trailers i saw looked kinda bad but im definitely gonna go see octavia spencer gently caress up some white kids