Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

This could end up being a seriously remarkable turnaround for the Raiders. Already they look like twice the team they were last year and they still have a huge haul of draft picks to dispense.

They should trade like the 24th pick or whatever for someone like Khalil Mack. That would be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

This could end up being a seriously remarkable turnaround for the Raiders. Already they look like twice the team they were last year and they still have a huge haul of draft picks to dispense.

Just drafting this year would've made them twice the team they were this year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

wandler20 posted:

They should trade like the 24th pick or whatever for someone like Khalil Mack. That would be crazy.

They weren't good with Mack though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Blitz7x posted:

They weren't good with Mack though

you're right, he was holding them back bigtime

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's possible that both teams got exactly what they needed from the deal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
yeah, the Bears needed an elite pass rusher, and Mark Davis needed a fig leaf to hide his lack of liquid cash. they both won

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

yeah, the Bears needed an elite pass rusher, and Mark Davis needed a fig leaf to hide his lack of liquid cash. they both won

well, that and a shitload of draft picks to stock up on young cheap players. So yeah, it's looking like one of those deals where each team basically gets what they're looking for. If Oakland uses those picks to nab Kyler and he works out for them that deal is going to become famous but in a good way this time

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Looks like John Ledyard has been put on indefinite leave by The Draft Network, due to 6 year old tweets that hackers unearthed and posted on their Twitter.

It is a shame because I liked his work.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Play posted:

well, that and a shitload of draft picks to stock up on young cheap players. So yeah, it's looking like one of those deals where each team basically gets what they're looking for. If Oakland uses those picks to nab Kyler and he works out for them that deal is going to become famous but in a good way this time

In this scenario what happens to Carr? Who would he be a good fit for and what’s the trade price?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Sad King Billy posted:

Looks like John Ledyard has been put on indefinite leave by The Draft Network, due to 6 year old tweets that hackers unearthed and posted on their Twitter.

I'm sure you will still be able to find his work somewhere, there's absolutely a market for a draft guy who thinks Riley Cooper saying the N word is good actually, that Frank Gore is a "thug", and that gay people have it pretty easy actually. Maybe the Daily Caller will open up a sports page for him.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm sure you will still be able to find his work somewhere, there's absolutely a market for a draft guy who thinks Riley Cooper saying the N word is good actually, that Frank Gore is a "thug", and that gay people have it pretty easy actually. Maybe the Daily Caller will open up a sports page for him.

Oh he absolutely had to go and he is tarnished in my eyes.

It is just a shame to be disappointed in someone.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

In this scenario what happens to Carr? Who would he be a good fit for and what’s the trade price?

Good question, I can only guess blindly. First of all, Gruden would be willing to keep Carr for this season I'm pretty sure. He doesn't seem like the kind of coach to rush a rookie QB into the lineup so if the cap is there I think they keep Carr and allow Kyler to grow into the role (pun not intended). It looks like Carr's contract extends for the next three years but after this year they could cut him with 5 million dead cap and the year after only 2.5 million. They'd probably be able to find a trade partner by then though, his contract won't be that big compared to new QB contracts and the NFL is so unpredictable with trades and guys getting hurt and Carr is good enough to fill a starting role. Teams with aging quarterbacks like the Patriots/Chargers/Saints/Giants, or teams that lost their starting QB over the season, or teams that have lovely QBs right now like the Bengals, Broncos and Dolphins could be interested.

As far as capital I don't think they get huge draft picks for him in that situation.

Of course, all of this assumes they are even able to draft Kyler in the first place, and that he's good in the NFL, both of which are far from guaranteed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Sad King Billy posted:

do you think using the twitter search function is hacking

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

indigi posted:

do you think using the twitter search function is hacking

Apparently someone hacked into the Draft Network's account and reposted from there.
That or someone didn't like him. I'm just repeating what I read elsewhere.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

little piece on Drew Lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwwUgsOa0A

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is insane. Haskins and Murray almost certainly. I guess Drew Lock as well. Jones or Grier is reaching.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1113502229716037633

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is insane. Haskins and Murray almost certainly. I guess Drew Lock as well. Jones or Grier is reaching.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1113502229716037633

The insane thing is believing anything Allbrights says.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

wandler20 posted:

The insane thing is believing anything Allbrights says.

deleted what it say?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He was quoting and agreeing with a Gil Brandt tweet saying 4 QBs were getting drafted in the top 25 picks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I always had the perception that Allbright was good, does he get things wrong all the time?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A small taste

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1110945866322509824?s=20

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Professor Funk posted:

I always had the perception that Allbright was good, does he get things wrong all the time?

Before this AAF whiff, he has been on a pretty good streak.

Though sounds like with this take, he was flat out lied to so...

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Scoops guys are wrong all the time. :shobon:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is he or Jason LaConfora worse

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

I don't think you can get any worse than LaCanfora but Allbright is on his level.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

As a fan of a team that has a quarterback and is picking 26th, I for one hope his report is accurate.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nobody has a track record as bad as JLC. He’s legendarily awful and I’m so happy everyone in TFF finally saw it on a national stage.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nobody has a track record as bad as JLC. He’s legendarily awful and I’m so happy everyone in TFF finally saw it on a national stage.

Yeah, JLC is rock bottom...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

As a fan of a team that has a quarterback and is picking 29th, I for one hope his report is accurate.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Murray, Haskins and Lock are going first round. Jones will probably be second or third although I see him as more of a fourth round talent kind of guy. Him going in the first round is totally nuts

One thing I think is accurate is that offense will make a run up the draft boards as we get closer in. Remember the offensive linemen that all went way earlier than we expected last year? That's gonna happen this year too

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I feel like someone is gonna take Will Grier in early round 2 kinda like Carr was

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Grier is definitely going round 2.

Supposedly there's a team that, when they run their internal mock draft, consistently places Haskins with the Bengals.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Supposedly there's a team that, when they run their internal mock draft, consistently places Haskins with the Bengals.

I've been seeing that in a few mock drafts recently. I feel like it comes down to how they feel about Dalton but it's definitely not the craziest thing I've ever heard. Especially with a new coach coming in after an eternity in statis. Basically if he falls that far (I'm not sure he will) I can see them pouncing

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

JLC has a worse track record but nobody tries to slam people into the ground harder for doubting him than Allbright. Allbright sucks rear end as a person, and doesn't have the best record on scoops. He just blindly takes what people feed him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

Allbright sucks rear end as a person

For some reason I remember him tweeting that he's "socially liberal and fiscally conservative" in other words standard dipshit.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Grier seems like he could be a surprise late first round pick or drop to the sixth or something. He's got a noodle arm and he stands too tall when throwing. Tippy toe passer, kinda like Manziel. Still though it looks like his mechanics are fixable.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

JLC is at least amusing. His hated for KC over baseball always will warm my heart.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Doltos posted:

Grier seems like he could be a surprise late first round pick or drop to the sixth or something. He's got a noodle arm and he stands too tall when throwing. Tippy toe passer, kinda like Manziel. Still though it looks like his mechanics are fixable.

would love for the seahawks to pick up grier in the 6th

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

JLC is at least amusing. His hated for KC over baseball always will warm my heart.

What was this again? He was mad at a baseball player wearing a shirt or something and that egregious affront still fuels his fire or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

What was this again? He was mad at a baseball player wearing a shirt or something and that egregious affront still fuels his fire or something?
He's just incredibly angry that the Royals smoked the Orioles in the playoffs.