Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My coworker (36m) complained about me (28f) to my bosses at a coworker meeting.

quote:

Hello all. This is something that has really been upsetting me since it happened last week. I am new to my job - I was running late for the first time since I started 2 months ago - and had a coworker tell on me to my managers about the day I ran 15 mins late... during a meeting that I was not attending. My bosses were aware that I would be late that day but apparently my coworker thought he was telling them something they did not know.

I work in healthcare... in an out-patient care facility. Workday will start off by my team choosing patient charts (and these will be the patients we will assist throughout their stay - it’s usually an overnight thing) the dividing of charts can be a bit of a roulette game as patient charts are not assigned by management, but are classified into categories of being easy-difficult patients (Ex: Level 1/2/3, 1 being easy 3 being known difficulties) some patients can have many diseases or disabilities physical and mental. Some coworkers will try to get into the office 30 mins early to pick the easier patient charts (level 1). Level 3 charts are always last to be picked it seems lol. We are told by management not to come early as we cannot click in until 7 mins before shift. Shift starts at 7.. patients do not arrive until 8pm and setting up and reading charts is usually easy and takes about 20 mins tops.

As for the charts we are told by management that chart levels should be evenly exchanged around so.... 1 person should have lvl 3 one day, but the next day the person should have lvl 1 etc so that it’s balanced and equal. However it does not seem to always be the case here. I do sense that some of my coworkers look at me as a rookie (as I am still newly graduated into my field) so in a way maybe they are trying to pawn off the level 3 patient charts to me on the daily because they believe I will be afraid to speak up.

I was confronted by my managers as to what was going on - why was I taking level 3 patients every day? I was being asked who divides the charts up.. I said I did not know - that I just get into work at 7pm and take what folder is left. Well this really annoyed my managers so during the meeting that I did not attend my managers asked who divides the folders.. and one of my male coworkers 36 admitted to dividing folders. My bosses got on him about me being given a more difficult work load to which my 36m coworker said “Early is on time. And on time is late. And we all make it a point to be here 30 mins early so she’s going to naturally be left the scraps” apparently management said “being here that early is excessive and you can’t be paid for that time. so it should be better to wait to divide patient charts up at 7pm when everyone is clocked in” I think that really pissed my coworker off because he said “well for example she was 15 mins late last Monday. What should I do in that case? Because that’s excessive” So again, my managers knew that day I was running late. My managers said basically to him that me being late that day isn’t his business and they were aware of it. My coworkers later told me about what my (36m) coworker and what he addressed at the meeting. They basically told me they felt that he was trying to throw me under the bus and to just watch my back. I think he thinks that I made a formal complaint about the charts when in actuality my bosses caught on to it on their own and addressed it. 😞

I can’t help but be mad at my coworker (36m). And feel that I can’t trust him I think what he did was petty and unnecessary. Am I being immature? Or was he? How should I go about working with this person when I’m feeling this way by it? Do I confront my coworker about this? I am confused because I don’t want to viewed as someone who has no backbone either.

Tl;dr I am new to my job - I was running late for the first time since I started 2 months ago - and had a coworker tell on me to my managers about the day I ran 15 mins late... during a meeting that I was not attending. My bosses were aware that I would be late that day but apparently my coworker thought he was telling them something they did not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Like this sucks and is super petty but she really needs to let it go. She sure wrote a lot of words about it though.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Me [26 F] with my boyfriend [28 M] of 1 yr 2 months, he wants one of my pubic hairs

quote:

Throwaway so it doesn't tie to my main reddit account.

Ok so quite the odd situation. I've been dating my bf for about 14 months now. Everything has been good and he is an awesome guy. He's caring, attractive, has a good job as a mechanical engineer and loves to spoil me but something happened 4 nights ago that threw me off a bit.

We were laying in bed after just having sex and he turns to me and says "Is there anyway I can have one of your pubic hairs?"

I kind of feel chills throughout my body and just blurt out "no way!". He says "I'm sorry but it would mean a lot to me". After further digging he says he has a pubic hair from every girl he's had sex with and now he wants mine. I kind of pause in disbelief and he notices that I look disturbed.

He then proceeds to get up to go to his closet and grab a scrapbook. He sits down on the bed and opens it up. On the front page are 7 hairs taped down to the paper with a name above each one.

Honestly I'm spooked and say "I'm sorry but no"

I know from previous conversations his former girlfriends have just not worked out for one reason or another (all legit reasons such as them cheating or just not being compatible). So I don't think he scared them off or something.

He hasn't brought it up again since that night but I want to know if this is something I should be worried about. This is the only "red flag" I've seen from this guy. I think he's awesome and I love him but the "pube book" just creeps me out.

I sat him down last night and told him all my concerns and pretty much gave him an ultimatum. I said its "odd and creepy" that he was doing this and he needs to get rid of that "scrapbook". He said he understands, it sounds weird to him as well but it means a lot to him. He will not get rid of the book. He respects my wishes not to give him another "pube" but he's going to keep the book.

My question is, should I end this if everything else is great?

tl;dr: Bf collects pubes. Should I end great relationship over this?

me a [31m] and my GF [27f]....should i be weirded out by her actions.

quote:

Okay so this is not a huge relationship crisis or anything, just a weird thing my GF did the other day that i thought it would be nice to find out what others think of it.

So here it is. A couple weeks ago i got a spider bite in a really awkward place. basically in the crease of my leg to my torso about an inch above my man parts. It got a staff infection and i had to go to the doctor for treatment. He lanced it open to remove the staff infection and bandaged me up. He put me on some strong antibiotics and sent me on my way. Well i get to my GF's home later that day and i am trying to change my bandage. It is ripping the pubes from me because of the medical tape. I mention to my GF that i really need a razor so i can just shave my pubes to avoid future pain. She then goes and gets a beard trimmer from another room and makes me drop trousers while she gives me a proper hair cut.

After it was all said and done i got to wondering. Where did she get that beard trimmer from. So naturally i ask. She tells me its her sisters boyfriends trimmer that he uses on his face. My initial reaction was, haha his face trimmer rubbed all over my junk. But then i thought...OMG i would not want that done to my stuff. So now i think my GF is weird for doing that. Should i be?

TL;DR My GF used her sisters boyfriend's beard trimmer to shave my pubes. Is that weird?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Xik posted:

This is a take so hot my phone almost burned me when I scrolled through it.

I actually think the dude is doing the rightish thing by not immediately flying off the handle. if the tables were reversed and a woman posted about how she was making ~friends~ with a colleague and her partner flipped out and left her with no proof we'd crucify the guy.

Yeah, the girlfriend is being lovely. That's not the dude's fault.

Harveygod posted:

Best response in the past few pa--

A challenger has emerged.

i am merely a pupil studying at cumshitter's extremely rank ashram.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dazerbeams posted:

No, you can't trust that person, and don't confront them or anything either. If an opportunity appears to let him throw himself under the bus, facilitate that but otherwise do not engage. Make nice with the rest of your coworkers though so that they will watch your back. Buy some donuts or something.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MarcusSA posted:

Like this sucks and is super petty but she really needs to let it go. She sure wrote a lot of words about it though.

You can't let poo poo like that go because the dude is not going to stop trying to sabotage her. And if he had influence on anybody else he can get a few other people to shut her out and make the job hell for her.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The key is to start documenting every little thing so there's hard evidence of how lovely the guy has been from day one. And you can bet it's only going to get worse.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

Do... do people in the real world really get bent out of shape because someone is 15 minutes "late" for work that isn't retail?

That's high school poo poo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

Just let it go. Some people are really lovely, petty assholes and that's part of life. The sooner she realizes that and moves on to positively working with and trusting her other co-workers, while ignoring that dickbutt, of course, the better off she will be.

I was working in the electronics dept years ago at Kmart and I made a one-off casual comment about our managers being incompetent to another dude... and he proceeded to tell our managers about what I said. Not that I was at Kmart for long since it was a very poorly run store, but I never trusted that dude for another second and just talked to my other co-workers who weren't shitheads. Such is life.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Primary family/Secondary family

It'd be hilarious (not realistic, but maybe in a slightly twisted rom/com movie way) if the two families did meet, were all good people, and actually got along and decided that Dad was an rear end in a top hat to kick to the sidelines.
Your graduation is in the morning? My wedding is in the morning. Oh hell, you should come to the reception in the afternoon!
Dad is dis-invited. A step brother fills in at the reception for first dance and toasts to the new family they never knew they had.
Dad is divorced and told by everyone, yeah, we'll keep in touch and maybe invite you to a couple birthday parties next year.

Deaf, loud masturbator

First week of my first big career job out of college I headed to the bathroom mid morning. As I got to the door it there seemed to be a LOT of noise coming from inside. I thought maybe a couple toilets just flushed at the same time and the pipes were janky and making a racket.
Nope, once inside the noise sounded like Tarzan was wrestling a silverback gorilla. It was coming from one of the stalls "AAAAAaaaaaUUUHHAAaaauuuh. hufhufhuf, AAAAAaaaaaAAAA!!!" I did an about-face and used another bathroom. I got back to my workbench a few minutes later. My mentor/trainer stopped by and I brought it up. It was too bizarre to not bring up. He was all, "Oh that was Jim. He's totally deaf, and does that every morning!" Woah, that was new experience to me. I thought about it for a moment and asked "Does he know how much noise he makes?" "Yup, I asked him once, and he doesn't care at all!" lol!

After a short bit of reflection I decided Jim was one really cool dude. In the future I was glad to take a leak in the urinals when Jim was performing, but I could never get comfortable enough to take a poo poo in the stall next to him while that racket was going on. Seriously goon, make your best Tarzan call at about 50% of the volume you can muster right now out-loud. That was the volume and sound the guy put out. It was cool as heck.

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 3, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

NecroBob posted:

Do... do people in the real world really get bent out of shape because someone is 15 minutes "late" for work that isn't retail?

That's high school poo poo

Working in medicine/education/basically any industry where you're serving a captive population and yes, being on time is generally considered to be fairly key to successfully executing one's duties.
Like, there is a decent percentage of teenagers who thinks that a teacher being even 5 minutes late means they get the entire day off. That's ignoring the fact that your colleagues will all have an EXTREME boner for bullshit like timeliness because that's one of the most obvious, visible metrics for comparing performance. Like, that "being on time is late" bullshit? That is EVERYWHERE in medicine. I was honestly relieved to hear managers shut them down because I've absolutely had jobs tell me to show up 30 minutes before clocking in so I can "prepare for the day."

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Internetjack posted:

First week of my first big career job out of college I headed to the bathroom mid morning. As I got to the door it there seemed to be a LOT of noise coming from inside. I thought maybe a couple toilets just flushed at the same time and the pipes were janky and making a racket.
Nope, once inside the noise sounded like Tarzan was wrestling a silverback gorilla. It was coming from one of the stalls "AAAAAaaaaaUUUHHAAaaauuuh. hufhufhuf, AAAAAaaaaaAAAA!!!" I did an about-face and used another bathroom. I got back to my workbench a few minutes later. My mentor/trainer stopped by and I brought it up. It was too bizarre to not bring up. He was all, "Oh that was Jim. He's totally deaf, and does that every morning!" Woah, that was new experience to me. I thought about it for a moment and asked "Does he know how much noise he makes?" "Yup, I asked him once, and he doesn't care at all!" lol!

I read this thing a while ago written by a guy whose parents and siblings were deaf but he could hear. Anyway, he said they all constantly made really loud bizarre noises while just doing regular stuff at home. I guess it makes sense that they don't really give a poo poo but it was pretty funny.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Me [26 F] with my boyfriend [28 M] of 1 yr 2 months, he wants one of my pubic hairs

Burn the book. And burn the boyfriend.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

:qqsay:

Really? Really? This is the hill you're going to die on? What wasn't wrong with that post, regardless of which gender Dazer is? It's goony as hell and just plain wrong on so many levels.

after you said nurses don’t do strenuous work you had the courtesy to shut up after everyone called you a dipshit. don’t know why you think you know better than a woman about what a vagina is like.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I actually think the dude is doing the rightish thing by not immediately flying off the handle. if the tables were reversed and a woman posted about how she was making ~friends~ with a colleague and her partner flipped out and left her with no proof we'd crucify the guy.

Yeah, the girlfriend is being lovely. That's not the dude's fault.

I don't think anyone would be defending a dude that says a woman from work is just like their wife, snap chats them in the bath/shower, talks about what gets them hard and tries to hide their phone?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Xik posted:

I don't think anyone would be defending a dude that says a woman from work is just like their wife, snap chats them in the bath/shower, talks about what gets them hard and tries to hide their phone?

Well the important thing is I said my hypothetical situation first, which establishes precedence. Ergo, in factotum nomine patre, that means I get to gently caress both of them whilst the other dude watches.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

I read this thing a while ago written by a guy whose parents and siblings were deaf but he could hear. Anyway, he said they all constantly made really loud bizarre noises while just doing regular stuff at home. I guess it makes sense that they don't really give a poo poo but it was pretty funny.

i was friends with a girl in high school whose parents were both deaf, but she wasnt. she threw some fuckin killer parties at her house

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

after you said nurses don’t do strenuous work you had the courtesy to shut up after everyone called you a dipshit. don’t know why you think you know better than a woman about what a vagina is like.

"I just think women have a much more straightforward time of cleaning up their genitals than men do. I don't know the joys of shaving around a man's junk, but it seems a whole lot more complicated." is a very normal and cool post. Yup you're right... in a parallel universe on Mars.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Fairly difficult to shave around my enormous Chyna clit and huge Darrio Argento presents Deep Red-style theatrical curtain-grade labia.

edit- gotta gather up my undertrusses in panties which can only be described as "reinforced."

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i was friends with a girl in high school whose parents were both deaf, but she wasnt. she threw some fuckin killer parties at her house

And her parents knew. I grew up with a hearing girl with deaf parents (he mom was also blind). Little to nothing got by them. Far less than many hearing/seeing households as I recall.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Yawgmoth posted:

My argument is that extremely personal grooming is a different beast from getting a mop/washcloth and some soap. Secondarily, yeah some people will rank different things higher and lower on their icky scales than you do! Some people faint at the sight of blood, others shrug; it doesn't mean that one of these people must be wrong.
It wouldn't be wrong if we knew of a person who couldn't handle the grossness level of shaving but was totes cool with being puked on and changing diapers. It's theoretically possible and it wouldn't be a sin or something. But it would be weird! And it would also be a very poor bet that someone's who's not okay with shaving would step up and be completely fine with everything else. I don't think it would be a good idea for her to place her money that way.

quote:

Like, flip it around here. If you were dating a dude and he came up one day with "hey Anne, I want you to regularly shave my balls because it pleases me to have a freshly shorn scrotum on the reg", would you immediately jump up and say "oh sure thing sweetie!" or would you cock an eyebrow and ask a few questions and/or have some opinions to voice first?
This isn't a hypothetical, like I said, it's happened like 4 times with 4 men. I said "awesome, you can do mine," and then that's what we did for years.

Also, none of those dudes were blind!!!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Motronic posted:

And her parents knew. I grew up with a hearing girl with deaf parents (he mom was also blind). Little to nothing got by them. Far less than many hearing/seeing households as I recall.

oh for sure, i've talked to them as adults and they were just chill about it. they could tell how many people were over from the vibrations they said. but we thought we were suuuuuper clever, at the time

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Dazerbeams posted:

“Early is on time. And on time is late. And we all make it a point to be here 30 mins early so she’s going to naturally be left the scraps”

lol gently caress this bootlicker

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

oh for sure, i've talked to them as adults and they were just chill about it. they could tell how many people were over from the vibrations they said. but we thought we were suuuuuper clever, at the time

There were a couple deaf kids at our high school. For dances/proms they had a thumper type machine (picture Dune and the thumpers that were used to call the worms) that could duplicate the heavy bass beats so those kids could dance along with everyone. You could feel it in your bones and it was cool as gently caress.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Internetjack posted:

There were a couple deaf kids at our high school. For dances/proms they had a thumper type machine (picture Dune and the thumpers that were used to call the worms) that could duplicate the heavy bass beats so those kids could dance along with everyone. You could feel it in your bones and it was cool as gently caress.

That was a really nice thing your high school did.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

therobit posted:

You can't let poo poo like that go because the dude is not going to stop trying to sabotage her. And if he had influence on anybody else he can get a few other people to shut her out and make the job hell for her.

If the dude is really in a position of power I totally agree. But it sounds more like a situation of this dude got caught being a total rear end in a top hat and called out on it. Best thing to do in that situation is just make friends with the rest of your co-workers until he self implodes. Eventually every is going to wise up to "huh, Lisa seems cool, the fact that Jeff keeps talking poo poo about her constantly.... seems like he's actually the rear end in a top hat here."

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Internetjack posted:

. . . A subwoofer?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Internetjack posted:

This is super cool and I love your high school.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dazerbeams posted:

I promise you 36m was Military. That ethos of "On time is late" is great into you from day loving 1

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SalTheBard posted:

I promise you 36m was Military. That ethos of "On time is late" is great into you from day loving 1

Or people who had office jobs at IBM - I want to say some former IBM CEO was the onus of that phrase.

I worked for a company run by a bunch of IBM alumnus for the better part of a decade and looking back it was a living hell for a lot longer than I acknowledged at the time.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 4, 2019

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

"I just think women have a much more straightforward time of cleaning up their genitals than men do. I don't know the joys of shaving around a man's junk, but it seems a whole lot more complicated." is a very normal and cool post. Yup you're right... in a parallel universe on Mars.

you're being that guy who tried to mansplain about vaginas

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

Ironically, I love smooth, hairless balls under a hot and untamed hairy rear end. Makes me feel like I'm loving an erotic version of one of the McDonaldland Fry Kids.

gently caress yeah go with the zen garden aesthetic

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dazerbeams posted:

Is that the general consensus then? That men have it easier than women in terms of shaving down there? Because you guys sure are eager to tell me how much of a struggle I should be having.

This is not the flipside of second family or the man who sired none of his five children, but you can pretend it is.

I [25f] am not my dad's [53m] biological daughter. What do I do now?

Yeah I really enjoyed watching a bunch of dudes in the thread mansplain about how difficult it is for women to shave their genitals

e: lol apparently Cough Drop the Beat is even still doing it, on this very page, wow

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 4, 2019

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah I really enjoyed watching a bunch of dudes in the thread mansplain about how difficult it is for women to shave their genitals

AITA for calling out my transgender friend after she questioned my national identity? (self.AmItheAsshole)

submitted 21 hours ago by RabbitKingO_O

quote:

I am ethnically Chinese, born and raised in Britain.

I've always identified as both British and Chinese, but growing where I grew up, it was always a bit of a sore subject, as I was never seen as English/British. I learned to live with it, so no worries there.

I have a transgender friend who is transitioning from a man to a woman. She and I have bit of a teasing relationship - we take shots at each other.

So last night, she starts taking shots at me when we were talking about cultures. I said something about how difficult it is to be English in some countries, and she said "you're not English though. You're Chinese. Stop pretending to be something you're not."

And I immediately shot back with "ironic, coming from a transgender person."

Her smile immediately wiped out. I could tell she was offended, but I thought she was being a baby.

I have talked to her about how strange and difficult it was for me growing up with two national identities, not really belonging to either. She, too, has talked to me about how difficult it was for her to accept she is a woman.

What do you think? AITA?

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Geoj posted:

Or people who had office jobs at IBM - I want to say some former IBM CEO was the onus of that phrase.

I worked for a company run by a bunch of IBM alumnus for the better part of a decade and looking back it was a living hell for a lot longer than I acknowledged at the time.

I think it was Vince Lombardi. He said something like, "if you're 5 minutes early, you're already 10 minutes late". My hs bball coach loved that quote.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

. . . A subwoofer?

Nope, it was entirely mechanical.

The school would hire DJs for the the dances and this thing would somehow plug into their mixing boards to pick up the bass beats.

When I say it was like a thumper in Dune I mean it. It was a cylindrical column about 5' high. There was a weight on top of a piston that was maybe hydraulic or maybe electromagnetic. It could speed up and slow down quickly. Slow and steady or rapid machine gun pace.

The DJs had the normal stacks of speakers and subwoofers which you could feel in your chest, but this thing you could feel in your TOES!
I'm a bit surprised at the last few responses. I just always assumed this was a normal thing to have at dances if there were deaf kids hanging out.
Again, the look of the thing, the feel it gave you, made it totally cool.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
All y’alls anecdotes about deaf people you used to know are irrelevant unless you also used to shave their pubes, and/or they yours

Also gently caress that racist-rear end trans person, white English people are the proto-Americans

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 4, 2019

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Let your armpit hair grow out, then shave your pubic hair completely off, throw it away, then shave your armpit hair and spirit gum it to your pubic area, then agree to letting him take a pube.

Bam, he's actually got an armpit hair for his pube book and you've ruined it's value.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

AITA for calling out my transgender friend after she questioned my national identity? (self.AmItheAsshole)

submitted 21 hours ago by RabbitKingO_O

Hmmm this is a rough one. I mean kinda an rear end in a top hat but kinda not? Like why did the friend even need to say what she said? I get why she fired back with what she did but its a pretty deep cut especially for someone who is transitioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If we all took the time to shave each other's pubes, the world would be a better, if occasionally scarred, place.