Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is usually a little break between each unvaulting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Get an autofire macro. It's not cheating, it's literally protecting your physical health against a stupid game mechanic.

This might sound a bit silly, but is there an straightforward guide to this? I haven't done this before, but it seems like it could get a bit dicey, esp. if it requires 3rd party programs that might get picked up as "cheating" in other games (CS, EFT, battle royale type FPS shooters, etc.)?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Prop Wash posted:

Also if someone else brings one of those relics into a fissure, you can choose that reward (yet another reason why playing with <4 people in a fissure is throwing your relics down a hole). I've found a surprising amount of people throwing around old relics in public games - in fact just the other day I got the expensive piece of Saryn Prime from one, and I got a Helios Prime part yesterday.

I'm pretty sure it's deliberate that there's no visual indication that relics are vaulted so that people end up just cracking them without realising it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

There is usually a little break between each unvaulting.

The last few were back to back, and Reb said they wanted to keep up a faster pace. What that means, is up in the air I suppose.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I'm hoping with this week's mainline update for Plains of Eidolon.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I'd rather have new relics in Plains and Fortuna Bounties than unvaults.

(With two open worlds they could do both, maybe switching between them each week, but that would make too much sense.)

(There is also the possibility of another Baro 'unvaulting')

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Seditiar posted:

I'm hoping with this week's mainline update for Plains of Eidolon.

wait, are they pushing the plains remaster this week?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

With the plains update, what is actually getting changed?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So, I got a line of dialog from Ticker that has really confused me, Spoilers for post max rep Solaris U:

So I talked to Ticker and the head said "I don't think much of my self, to be honest. Oh don't get me wrong Ticker's great." I can't word for word remember the rest, but the head called Ticker a she, and then implied it had had many other bodies. What is going on with this zone? Are the heads and bodies not connected, like, can they just switch?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

clone on the phone posted:

With the plains update, what is actually getting changed?

More pretty, new enemy, plains conservation/floofs, bounty guy outside like OV. I can't remember if they've said anything else. It'd be nice if rep was brought in line with Fortuna but I'm not holding my breath.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mailer posted:

bounty guy outside like OV.

they actually did add that a couple weeks ago already, btw

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

wait, are they pushing the plains remaster this week?

Yeap. :)

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1113085529036394496

Edit: They just tweeted that it hits tomorrow. :v:

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1113572133823766529

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 3, 2019

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Looks like the Melee rework tech has finally pushed them to look into getting rid of air casting restrictions. Look forward to a more smooth power use experience.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Skull Knight posted:

This might sound a bit silly, but is there an straightforward guide to this? I haven't done this before, but it seems like it could get a bit dicey, esp. if it requires 3rd party programs that might get picked up as "cheating" in other games (CS, EFT, battle royale type FPS shooters, etc.)?

Macros are allowed as long as you're just making things physically easier to execute and not setting them up so the game plays itself autonomously / trying to bypass the AFK timer -- which absolutely will get you banned if they catch you. Check out OnVacation's post in this steam thread, he's collected a set of statements by DE_Steve and others:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/1696045708649325392/?ctp=2

I set up my autofire macro through my mouse software, but some controllers have the function built-in, and AutoHotkey is another option; it takes a little more technical expertise but you might very well be able to find a script someone else wrote. None of these options hook directly into the game software, they just send inputs the same way an actual mouse or keyboard would, so it would be nearly impossible to detect them even if they were against the rules.

e: for convenience, the images/quotes from that steam thread:

http://i.imgur.com/HkcgrTk.jpg
https://prnt.sc/5isen1
http://i.imgur.com/NI7EsUA.jpg
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/84551-thats-a-low-blow/#entry924494
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/436368-psa-autohotkey-ban-qualification/page/8/

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 3, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Looks like the Melee rework tech has finally pushed them to look into getting rid of air casting restrictions. Look forward to a more smooth power use experience.

this owns

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo, nice

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SardonicTyrant posted:

My new favorite thing to do is play sorties with a Rants Dark dagger and see how fast I can max out my overshields.

Spoilermode spoiler

It's kind odd that you get spoilermode in war within, but it sucks until you visit the quills, who given you an amp and a permanent health upgrade

And, afaik, there is no indication you can acquire that. I just happened to wander around and find it by accident.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anora posted:

So, I got a line of dialog from Ticker that has really confused me, Spoilers for post max rep Solaris U:

So I talked to Ticker and the head said "I don't think much of my self, to be honest. Oh don't get me wrong Ticker's great." I can't word for word remember the rest, but the head called Ticker a she, and then implied it had had many other bodies. What is going on with this zone? Are the heads and bodies not connected, like, can they just switch?

Everything is commercialized by the corpus. Gotta pay to work. Pay to upgrade your body to work. Cant pay your debts? They take. Take everything til all you can pay with is your head.

Then they take that too.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo that anime ground slam stomp.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
can't wait to
Press X to hug Thumper

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

So Tallgeese just found out they fixed they 'Seeding Step showing up as different things' in the loot screen bug, after 22 arby drill drops. Never seen someone get taken so high then crushed so low since...well:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Any news on when the next part of the melee revamp is? It has so many bugs right now.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Also I heard that there was some crisis in the community about Moderator abuse and DE malfeasance. From what I can tell it seems to be an old beef based on someone getting banned for the "Nezha is a trap" meme, throwing a hissy fit about it and then some YouTube people trying to bandwagon that into an anti-SJW thing. However it's what got them to hire a third party firm to look over their moderator policies.

TL:DR, nothing of value was lost.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 4, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also I heard that there was some crisis in the community about Moderator abuse and DE malfeasance. From what I can tell it seems to be an old beef based on someone getting banned for say the "Nezha is a trap", throwing a hissy fit about it and then some YouTube people trying to bandwagon that into an anti-SJW thing. However it's what got them to hire a third party firm to look over their moderator policies.

Assholes don't like being told their lovely gender jokes aren't welcome, what else is new?

Meanwhile I'm so stoked about Equinox Prime, she is gorgeous and perfect, and the Plains rework looks very nice. I hope it plays as nice as it looks.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just a heads up to PS4 Definitely the Corpus members. If you have any tower white dye, contribute it to the research ASAP. I'm going to pause it and start up Fortuna ones. When I do so, it'll destroy any dye you have in your inventory but will retain research progress. Thank you.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm just worried the plains will start loading as slowly for me as the vallis does. I already avoid doing the freeroam stuff as much as possible since it's harder on my computer than normal missions.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Last Devstream they said it should actually be a little better for toasters. A lot more optimized. Now, not saying if that's true or not, but they are a aware they have a bunch of players on older machines, and try not to screw them.

Vallis has wonky loading for me. It's fine once it gets in properly but it really takes a few to get in or out.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That's pretty much where I'm at, usually. Zoning into the vallis has been responsible for most of the few times I've had the game crash to desktop too.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also I heard that there was some crisis in the community about Moderator abuse and DE malfeasance. From what I can tell it seems to be an old beef based on someone getting banned for the "Nezha is a trap" meme, throwing a hissy fit about it and then some YouTube people trying to bandwagon that into an anti-SJW thing. However it's what got them to hire a third party firm to look over their moderator policies.

Basically a bunch of redditors got banned for reddit-grade humor and they started screaming "SJWs! :argh:" and led some bullshit crusade against DE because that poo poo might fly on reddit/4chan but they don't seem to understand that it doesn't in game. So yeah, nothing of value was lost.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I remember some CHUD trying to pitch it to me as "DE devs colluding in the company to stack the mod team with... people from DE", like their entire qualm was so empty they were scrambling to find something vaguely objectionable to rally around, making up complete buffoonery and making GBS threads their pants.

God it was such a nothing sandwich, I cannot understand getting this loving mad about being told to stop acting like a edgy teenager.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
EquiP in the cooker, my new best friend Thumper (gives great hugs) coming out tomorrow, and still 2 days left on the resource doubler to drown me in traces for baro duck fodder. :toot: Can't even be mad about the 18 radded relics i burned without getting a rare from them.

Malkof posted:

So Tallgeese just found out they fixed they 'Seeding Step showing up as different things' in the loot screen bug, after 22 arby drill drops. Never seen someone get taken so high then crushed so low since...well:
Still partially convinced the ephemera drop locations and chances might legally qualify as DE committing the perfect murder of Tallgeese (and similar completionists).

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Did Tallgeese ever finish out all those Rare Crate scans?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

last i knew he was still looking for reinforced orokin

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Moral_Hazard posted:

People talking about Khora up thread made me look up how to get that frame. Oh wow, sanctuary onslaught. Didn't know that was a thing. Got a systems and main bp. Hopefully the rest won't be too difficult.

Also, ignis wraith. Monster gun. I whaled it up and bought a kitgun, rattleguts, haymaker, and killstream. It's fun with some ROF mods on there.

those are the two hardest pieces to get, so nice start!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really love the serene vibe the plains give off already and i think with this remaster it's going to be even harder to get me to stop idly loving around out there despite already having most of what i would want from cetus

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Kokoro Wish posted:

oh so that's what those youtube videos that kept showing up in my recommended list were

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Macros are allowed as long as you're just making things physically easier to execute and not setting them up so the game plays itself autonomously / trying to bypass the AFK timer -- which absolutely will get you banned if they catch you. Check out OnVacation's post in this steam thread, he's collected a set of statements by DE_Steve and others:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/1696045708649325392/?ctp=2

I set up my autofire macro through my mouse software, but some controllers have the function built-in, and AutoHotkey is another option; it takes a little more technical expertise but you might very well be able to find a script someone else wrote. None of these options hook directly into the game software, they just send inputs the same way an actual mouse or keyboard would, so it would be nearly impossible to detect them even if they were against the rules.

e: for convenience, the images/quotes from that steam thread:

http://i.imgur.com/HkcgrTk.jpg
https://prnt.sc/5isen1
http://i.imgur.com/NI7EsUA.jpg
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/84551-thats-a-low-blow/#entry924494
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/436368-psa-autohotkey-ban-qualification/page/8/

I’ve been banned for this, so be careful regardless. You can get unbanned pretty easily, but they’re slow about it

Anyway, I know there’s basically three equinox builds (maim, duality, sleepy time), but idk how to forma for all three on prime. What’re y’all doin?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

hup posted:

Anyway, I know there’s basically three equinox builds (maim, duality, sleepy time), but idk how to forma for all three on prime. What’re y’all doin?

I don't build for Duality because I don't really need a second Index setup, but one forma got my normal Equinox like 95% of the way to both Maim and Nyquilnox builds. Cunning Drift, Fleeting, Streamline, Augur Reach, Overextended, Stretch. Then either PContinuity/Vitality/Secrets for Maim or Constitution/Calm&Frenzy (with an extra slot) for Sleep.

Can you move polarities to the exilus slot as normal? If so, it'll likely cancel out needing the forma to use those two builds I had on normal Equinox. Don't quote me on the the math, though - I'm saving building her up for the weekend.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Tylana posted:

Last Devstream they said it should actually be a little better for toasters. A lot more optimized. Now, not saying if that's true or not, but they are a aware they have a bunch of players on older machines, and try not to screw them.

Vallis has wonky loading for me. It's fine once it gets in properly but it really takes a few to get in or out.

Same with Vallis and the Plains. I just stand still for 5 seconds or so now rather than trying to rush it, and get judder-vision.
Tbh, it's probably not helped by having 50 Chrome tabs in the background. The game is usually fine, but the open areas must have loads of stuff to load.

They've been saying that toasters should be fine, and if not everything/some of it can be switched off, which makes sense.
Sure does look pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Anora posted:

Their robot bits apparently have AIs that operate with different levels of autonomy, Ruud Zuud being the best example of this. They're functionally 2 individuals that can talk and argue with one another, and even operate on different sleep cycles.