Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1113583206958157825

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1113505304656977921

Noise causes cancer! I've been using these cigarettes for nothing! *cranks Slayer up to 20*

Someone's pissy about the turbines by his Scottish golf course.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 4, 2019

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

KickerOfMice posted:

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1113505304656977921

Noise causes cancer! I've been using these cigarettes for nothing! *cranks Slayer up to 20*

My dumbass conservative family in farmland said this same poo poo, about windmills lowering property value and causing health problems and other stupid poo poo and couldn’t figure out why people allowed them to be built.

Apparently they didn’t realize it’s basically free money for the land owners

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
is it true that liberals lost really badly in wisconsin yesterday and what does that mean for 2020?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

EwokEntourage posted:

My dumbass conservative family in farmland said this same poo poo, about windmills lowering property value and causing health problems and other stupid poo poo and couldn’t figure out why people allowed them to be built.

It's like when they used to think that cars would be the death of society because driving above five miles per hour would cause women to miscarry.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

EwokEntourage posted:

Ugh, you get the same poo poo here in west PA. Wind tubines? gently caress off with that, they're dangerous. Fracking sites on farmland? Sure, it's not like that can increase the flow of radon!

syense
Oct 13, 2018

people who play large jenga at bars have nothing of interest in their lives.
the savvy farmers can earn between 4000 and 8000 a year per turbine. a nice little bonus for a relatively small footprint.

i imagine the neighbors who might not be in the best wind areas and get skipped over are jealous and hate them.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RandomBlue posted:

:siren:

Excuse me, do you know how fast you were posting back there?

*sniffs*

I'm gonna need you to step out of chair sir.

:siren:

acab

gently caress I forgot he’s still in government lmao.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RandomBlue posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt *expanding forever*

Its 2019, we use Surprised Pikachu now.

(Expanding into infinity can remain)

syense
Oct 13, 2018

cargo cult posted:

is it true that liberals lost really badly in wisconsin yesterday and what does that mean for 2020?

it was a tight race in an off-year non-partisan election in a state thats been waffling with redness. and if i am remembering right there will be a recount?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wish the Mueller team would stop pussyfooting around and just make some statements. It doesn't need to be a full on leak (it should because gently caress it) but considering the media is so useless and the right has their narrative of 'uuuh no one on Mueller's team is saying it's wrong to say he's cleared so we win' we really need someone to go 'no, they're wrong'.

But, lol, republican cops.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cargo cult posted:

What it means for next year is that Democrats won't get the opportunity to flip the state supreme court. Disappointing. Something interesting that happened is that both Democratic and Republican turnout increased in this election, but Republicans just increased more.

Republicans generally have a considerable advantage in off-year and off-season elections, and they only barely won this one, so it's not doom and gloom for 2020 that Dems lost it.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's like when they used to think that cars would be the death of society because driving above five miles per hour would cause women to miscarry.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

sexpig by night posted:

I wish the Mueller team would stop pussyfooting around and just make some statements. It doesn't need to be a full on leak (it should because gently caress it) but considering the media is so useless and the right has their narrative of 'uuuh no one on Mueller's team is saying it's wrong to say he's cleared so we win' we really need someone to go 'no, they're wrong'.

But, lol, republican cops.

I kind of buy into the idea that they aren't leaking because that would disrupt the legitimacy of the document.

That said, the legitimacy is going to be railed against regardless of how it is released so who gives a gently caress.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pakled posted:

What it means for next year is that Democrats won't get the opportunity to flip the state supreme court. Disappointing. Something interesting that happened is that both Democratic and Republican turnout increased in this election, but Republicans just increased more.

Republicans generally have a considerable advantage in off-year and off-season elections, and they only barely won this one, so it's not doom and gloom for 2020 that Dems lost it.

Dems also won a nice state Senate seat in Pennsylvania, i wouldn't read TOO much into Wisconsin.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

pseudanonymous posted:

Actually, it's just evidence that it's damaging in some way. Try not to resort to the same kind of hyperbole that's been flung about regarding the report forever.

Are you kidding me?

Just what is in the public record is damning enough if it wasn't damning as hell they wouldn't be trying so hard to bury it. Think about that for a while, whatever is in it is so bad that these shameless ghouls are afraid of it being made public.

I understand that you may not want to get your hopes up that it's bad enough to get him removed but it's abundantly clear at this point that nothing could be damning enough for that.

But what it will do is let the public know who the President is.

Also on the "might be socially damaging" 😃🤣😆 what part of shameless are people having problems with?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

syense posted:

the savvy farmers can earn between 4000 and 8000 a year per turbine. a nice little bonus for a relatively small footprint.

i imagine the neighbors who might not be in the best wind areas and get skipped over are jealous and hate them.

wait really? Sign me the gently caress up

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

CuddleCryptid posted:

I kind of buy into the idea that they aren't leaking because that would disrupt the legitimacy of the document.

That said, the legitimacy is going to be railed against regardless of how it is released so who gives a gently caress.

God himself could verbally deliver the report and Team Trump would still call it fake news.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Casey Finnigan posted:

This was a bunch of pages back, but here's the full article, it gets very dumb:

Thanks!

What an wild and sad story.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

CuddleCryptid posted:

i also think that's why they arent leaking: because they're process obsessed institutionalist dweebs

but you would think constantly being accused of being PizzaGating pederasts would encourage them to be a little less passive

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Skex posted:

This should surprise absolutely no one. The simple fact that Trump and his cronies didn't fall over themselves to make the report public and are instead doing everything they can to prevent that from happening makes it more than clear that it is devastating.

The Muller report feels like the 2018 mid terms all over again. The media narrative of the first few days was basically just pushing Republican talking points on how much they won because Democrats didn’t win the senate . Only after a week or so did it become apparent that Republicans had suffered a massive defeat especially in suburbia.

This feels like the same thing because the media has twisted themselves into thinking the victory conditions for Democrats had to be “Mueller personally perp-walks Trump out of the white house”

I bet whatever is in that report, combined with his tax returns, is really damning. Practically speaking it won’t matter for the 2020 elections but it will piss him off and hang over his head ala Emails did for Hillary.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 4, 2019

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It’s like getting a oil well / pump jack on your land or cell phone tower. They’ll come to you if your land is good for it

Last time I was out in dumbass farm land they were building them like crazy so that’s a good sign at least

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

They are good for around 30 years too, google some of the farms that have sprung up in the midwest in the last 10 years. I've driven thru some around the Chicago/Indiana area and they are MASSIVE, it's a very fast growing renewable.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

GreyjoyBastard posted:

youd have to live in a windy area and have a lot of land, and if you do, try contacting the local power company and see if they have anyone to put you in touch with. the turbines will also need access roads and they use volcanic rock which just shreds tires.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

EwokEntourage posted:

It’s like getting a oil well / pump jack on your land or cell phone tower. They’ll come to you if your land is good for it

Yep.

A client of my father got an unsolicited lease offer for a solar farm. They had already pulled the property plats to find the edges, had new topographic maps made up, and a proposed layout ready to go and the owner didn't know a thing about it until someone pulled into his driveway wanting to have a chat.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Mnoba posted:

They are good for around 30 years too, google some of the farms that have sprung up in the midwest in the last 10 years. I've driven thru some around the Chicago/Indiana area and they are MASSIVE, it's a very fast growing renewable.

Why the entirety of tornado alley isn't a fuckoff gigantic windfarm in all that corn and wheat is beyond me. It would pay for itself.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I did that tongue exercise for sleep apnea reasons and it seems to help

Tongue on the roof of the mouth is actually correct for tai chi posture. The stuff about being a weirdo who chews food to reshape their jaw, is not.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Has any major cancer charity or research institute gone for the retweets and informed us that windmills don't cause cancer, or are they all chickenshit

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

KickerOfMice posted:

Why the entirety of tornado alley isn't a fuckoff gigantic windfarm in all that corn and wheat is beyond me. It would pay for itself.

Because we massively subsidize coal/gas/oil.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

gently caress I forgot he’s still in government lmao.

I mean, so does he, so you're in good company at least.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Jaxyon posted:

And corn/wheat.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into something that resembles mars. :cripes:

syense
Oct 13, 2018

KickerOfMice posted:

i think because if they go too fast they catch fire and die.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

syense posted:

youd have to live in a windy area and have a lot of land, and if you do, try contacting the local power company and see if they have anyone to put you in touch with. the turbines will also need access roads and they use volcanic rock which just shreds tires.

I assume the "shitloads of space" requirement is so they can ensure nobody builds structures that will interfere or something?

also as a road guy wtf with the volcanic rock access roads

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This picture is so great in so many ways.

Check out that dude in the back who's just so drat happy to see the dude with the beard get wrecked.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I assume the "shitloads of space" requirement is so they can ensure nobody builds structures that will interfere or something?

yeah id assume thats why you always see them in farm land away from cities. or maybe its cause the noise causes cancer.

and yeah, the rock is garbage. it might just be a pacific northwest thing cause it may be cheap rock here.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

You mean the man who covered up Iran-Contra might have been lying about the report he didn't read? What a shock! I can't imagine why anybody would've believed such obvious bullshit. *casts a baleful eye over to the conspiracy thread*

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

That’s where they are building the majority of them

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Need unhindered air flow so flat farm land works well. West Texas has a bunch as well bc it’s pretty flat. Also the blades are gently caress off huge and are brought in on those special split semis and gently caress traffic up like crazy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This picture is so great in so many ways.

Check out that dude in the back who's just so drat happy to see the dude with the beard get wrecked.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=331

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1113604390240301057

I am convinced