Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You get one Mega Evolution and one Z-move per battle. They don't consume each other, Pidgeot and Tony Yayo both did their stuff there in the same battle.

Mega evolutions and Z-moves both require held items, a mega stone (the Pidgeotite in this case) or a Z-crystal (the Normalium-Z for Tony Yayo), so one Pokemon can't use both.

A Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent and a Z-crystal can use a Z-move but can't mega evolve. Primal Revision and Ultra Burst resemble Mega Evolutions but are not the same thing.

Does necrozma dusk and Dawn ultra burst count as a mega evolution? I know the primals don't despite basically being the exact same thing so I wonder if you could theoretically have 3 mega evolution like events happen in a single battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Roro posted:

The child mastermind seemed pretty pleased to get his Vanillite back, but he also wanted to use an Electrode as a living bomb, so...

To be fair, Electrode and Voltorbs seem to want to be living bombs anyways, so...

But seriously though, what the gently caress is wrong with the people in Reborn? Is it something in the water? Something in the air?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The whole city is built upon a blood magic ritual, but you will only find out about it if you deep dive the codex entries.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I believe it. I don't care whether you're making it up, I believe it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bloodly posted:

I believe it. I don't care whether you're making it up, I believe it.

That's Dragon Age II lore which works very well for this game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

Does necrozma dusk and Dawn ultra burst count as a mega evolution? I know the primals don't despite basically being the exact same thing so I wonder if you could theoretically have 3 mega evolution like events happen in a single battle

Ultra Burst isn't a Mega Evolution, no. You can, in fact, have a full four out of six Pokemon turn into an item-related super mode with a Mega, both Primals and then Ultra Necrozma.

Randalor posted:

But seriously though, what the gently caress is wrong with the people in Reborn? Is it something in the water? Something in the air?

I feel Reborn is actual, literal Hell. The train crash happened in the living world, Raven is dead and going through the worst of sufferings for sins we can't even imagine.

On the plus side, it means that no one really died, because everyone was already dead anyways.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel Reborn is actual, literal Hell. The train crash happened in the living world, Raven is dead and going through the worst of sufferings for sins we can't even imagine.

On the plus side, it means that no one really died, because everyone was already dead anyways.

What the hell could Raven have done in life to deserve going to Reborn when she died?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Hunt11 posted:

What the hell could Raven have done in life to deserve going to Reborn when she died?

Made a fan film, Brycen-Man Reborn.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ultra Burst isn't a Mega Evolution, no. You can, in fact, have a full four out of six Pokemon turn into an item-related super mode with a Mega, both Primals and then Ultra Necrozma.

You can have six if you include Ash-Greninja and Zygarde's Power Construct ability.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 1, 2019

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Explopyro posted:

None of this is news, but it's yet another nail in the "Amethyst really doesn't get Pokemon at all" coffin.

tbh she gets it the most

this is spawned from a competitive league so no one actually like, cares for pokemon it's just their stats and sweep potential and etc etc

reborn is the most on point documentary of multiplayer pokemon

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think most competitive players actually like Pokemon though. Also they aren't complete sociopaths.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Hunt11 posted:

in life, it was she who stole the fish

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Better to reign in Reborn than serve in Kanto.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Magikarp is a metaphor for spiritual redemption.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

megane posted:

So if you swim over a waterfall you turn into a city destroying laser fish?

Man I hope that happens.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

megane posted:

That puts Magikarp Jump! into a whole new light.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gamerofthegame posted:

tbh she gets it the most

this is spawned from a competitive league so no one actually like, cares for pokemon it's just their stats and sweep potential and etc etc

My love for Ribombee is pure and I will never have anyone insult me like this again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I liked this line but aside from that nothing to say otherwise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My love for Ribombee is pure and I will never have anyone insult me like this again.

I'm surprised you didn't romhack an insult.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
... If that side quest was in an actual Pokemon game I'd probably never play one again. Jesus.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RareAcumen posted:

I liked this line but aside from that nothing to say otherwise.

Agreed, I felt the nerves in my face twitch to something resembling a smile for a moment.

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

Blaze Dragon posted:

not only does it break how Pokemon actually works (you said you nicknamed these, OFS, but their OT isn't Raven)
Reborn has a Name Rater that can nickname Pokemon that have already been nicknamed by their OT.

I'm just glad none of those guys were that Ditto's trainer. It'd suck to have to give up one of the best Pokemon in the game.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I’d rather live in BlightTown than in the world of Reborn. Sure it’s a hideous, toxic, hostile hell pit full of piss and poo poo but so is BlightTown. The only difference is that the locals in BlightTown are better people.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This game is like the denizens of Queelaag's domain: horribly bloated and full of bugs.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
game bad

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Dareon posted:

game bad

GregorCanteberry
Feb 12, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

Oh, it's quite obvious. Raven greatest tragedy is that something terrible happened and all she could do was stand there and watch, even though she could have helped. The entire plot is revolved around Raven's inability to react, pretty much. So all she can do is watch easily preventable disasters happen over and over again.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GregorCanteberry posted:

Oh, it's quite obvious. Raven greatest tragedy is that something terrible happened and all she could do was stand there and watch, even though she could have helped. The entire plot is revolved around Raven's inability to react, pretty much. So all she can do is watch easily preventable disasters happen over and over again.

So in the Rebornverse things beyond your control are still your fault.

Glances at suspiciously open journal, then at Titania peaking behind a half-open door.

Yup, checks out.

e: wait, all she could do was watch even though she could help? I guess you mean all she did

GregorCanteberry
Feb 12, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So in the Rebornverse things beyond your control are still your fault.

Glances at suspiciously open journal, then at Titania peaking behind a half-open door.

Yup, checks out.

e: wait, all she could do was watch even though she could help? I guess you mean all she did

Yeah, that sounds better. For some reason, I picture Raven just suffers some some of crippling Bystander Effect during plot cutscenes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dareon posted:

game bad

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Dareon posted:

game bad

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013
Pokemon Reborn: game bad

Perpetual Motion fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 4, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
if game bad, then what are we for willingly experiencing it, even secondhanded?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kitfox88 posted:

Masochists

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kitfox88 posted:

I, for one, got RPG Maker XP for free.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Was it worth it though?

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

It wasn't free, OFS. You've paid a heavy price.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

this is like those people in Venezuela who were forced to farm gold in Runescape for a living, except even worse

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I'm ready to throw money at your gritty Detective Pikachu remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kitfox88 posted:

Please recall one of the taglines for Let's Play in general was/is "We play it so you don't have to."