Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into something that resembles mars. :cripes:

Venus. Mars would be an improvement.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

e:

It would at least be colder before we get annihilated by the cosmic radiation.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

e:

Sad but true, just shoot me. But we all know the largest emitter of hot gas on our planet is Donald loving Trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Skex posted:

This should surprise absolutely no one. The simple fact that Trump and his cronies didn't fall over themselves to make the report public and are instead doing everything they can to prevent that from happening makes it more than clear that it is devastating.

I am genuinely curious how devestating it is. like yeah no poo poo trump won't be led off like morgoth in chains and impeached but i am curious how loving stupid and malicious the stuff he did was. plus piss tape.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/foxfeather/status/1113612475167961088

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dat bird gonna gently caress up your poo poo.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

Why the entirety of tornado alley isn't a fuckoff gigantic windfarm in all that corn and wheat is beyond me. It would pay for itself.

They're building a lot and they're building them fast. We just started to late to make a difference in time. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States

quote:

Texas, with over 22,000 MW of capacity, about 15% of the state's electricity usage, had the most installed wind power capacity of any U.S. state at the end of 2018.[5] Texas also had more under construction than any other state currently has installed.[3]

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait really? Sign me the gently caress up

Another option are cell towers (although those will definitely give you cancer). A phone company has been hinting around my father-in-law's land for years. If they ever offer he'll take it for the guaranteed income and they'd wire the mountain for power so he could finally have electricity in his camp.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

They're building a lot and they're building them fast. We just started to late to make a difference in time. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_the_United_States

Now I'm more depressed than before. :argh:

I guess when we run out of coal and oil we can just burn books for fuel.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait really? Sign me the gently caress up

I've also seen some farmers who've had cell phone towers installed on their land. ~$36k a year in rent for an acre isn't bad.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This picture is so great in so many ways.

Check out that dude in the back who's just so drat happy to see the dude with the beard get wrecked.

The Hark a Vagrant comic based on it is also pretty great:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=331

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Barr is Trump's new fixer and he's gonna gently caress it all up like Cohen lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

I do think what he's saying is true, tons of people take pictures with politicians, it doesn't mean they know them.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

pseudanonymous posted:

I do think what he's saying is true, tons of people take pictures with politicians, it doesn't mean they know them.

And he hasn’t heard the stories about her? That’s believable? He may not know her personally but he knows of her so it’s still a lie.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

pseudanonymous posted:

I think this is more a case of if you asked, Don doesn't know who Donald Jr. is.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, so does he, so you're in good company at least.

*ben carson startles himself awake at his 10,000 dollar desk*

"huh? what? gosh, I just had this terrible dream that I ran for president and lost and then an orange game show host won the nomination and somehow became president!"

*turns on fox news*

"...oh my god."

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I think wind turbines look cool and will never understand people who are "opposed" to wind power.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Pinecone Sample posted:

Has any major cancer charity or research institute gone for the retweets and informed us that windmills don't cause cancer, or are they all chickenshit

American Cancer Society has said they are not aware of any credible evidence.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-03/ap-fact-check-trump-is-tilting-at-wind-farms-again

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

Now I'm more depressed than before. :argh:

I guess when we run out of coal and oil we can just burn books for fuel.

Running out of coal is not the problem.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

This is why it's important to phrase questions well. Ask Trump, "Do you know Cindy Orchids of Asia Day Spa?"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ascii genitals posted:

I think wind turbines look cool and will never understand people who are "opposed" to wind power.

People are opposed to wind power because they have financial interests in coal or they're being courted by those who have financial interests in coal.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

I work in a county in the midwest that has windmills and my parents live in a county that is trying to get a windmill farm. There's a big billboard alongside the main highway with a windmill on fire that says "Don't let them ruin your lives too". The local paper is filled with op-eds of people who swear their second cousin's sister has a house near a windmill and she has constant nausea and it's louder than a rocket. They've absolutely bought into the propaganda and I think it has little to do besides "liberals support them therefore they're bad."
It's a shame because these are rural counties with little economic opportunity outside of agricultural and a couple of factories. The energy from the windmills is actually sold off to other places and the county makes a lot of money off of it that trickles down and lets us have some pretty nice schools and road crews.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

People are opposed to wind power because they think they are smarter than the idiots who developed the technology and have never considered factors such as the variability of wind.

They legit believe themselves to be the only bastion of sanity and intelligence keeping idiot liberals with magical hippie ideas from ruining the country by destroying its economy and infrastructure.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Shammypants posted:

And he hasn’t heard the stories about her? That’s believable? He may not know her personally but he knows of her so it’s still a lie.

Does he? He's a stupid, confused, ignorant old man who only cares about himself. Was the story about him? Oh it was about someone else? Then why would he listen?

Trump is pretty awful but he's not somehow omnicompetent and knows everyone he takes a picture with.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Zesty posted:

People are opposed to wind power because they have financial interests in coal or they're being courted by those who have financial interests in coal.

Uh well what about all the sound cancer huh??

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

People are opposed to wind power because they think they are smarter than the idiots who developed the technology and have never considered factors such as the variability of wind.

They legit believe themselves to be the only bastion of sanity and intelligence keeping idiot liberals with magical hippie ideas from ruining the country by destroying its economy and infrastructure.

Well, there HAS been random times where the wind Just Didn't Blow, and it caused rolling brownouts and the like.

The thing is - literally nobody is suggesting that all power generation should be replaced by wind power! Their limitations are understood, but it's nice to take some of our generation and kick it over to things that don't pollute

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Stupid hairless tropical grassland ape is very stupid and deathly afraid of any change. hth.

Also some public radio program had a piece about a dying coal town in PA that took the forbidden fruit-like substance that is fracking and all the health problems that just coincidentally appeared and how one mother/family became outcasts when she made noise about it. getting cancer and dying to own libs.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Lightning Knight posted:

*ben carson startles himself awake at his 10,000 dollar desk*

"huh? what? gosh, I just had this terrible dream that I ran for president and lost and then an orange game show host won the nomination and somehow became president!"

*goes back to sleep*

"Welcome home, good Hunter."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I see your references to good games itt. :patriot:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Protest tax:

https://i.imgur.com/GwQWNdD.mp4

+++ would turn my sound on again!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/hGmHD6R.gifv

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

Yep. Utilities are investing in wind power because they've done the CO2 math, and also have separately realized that wind is cheaper in the short term than coal. And long term. "People" (e.g., the poo poo smear) are dead in the head. And perchance wind doesn't work out in the short or long term, for whatever reason, then we move on to the next thing.

https://www.midamericanenergy.com/wind-energy.aspx

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:perfect:

Please God tell this happened recently

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're not helping him. Why aren't you helping him?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

when was this and why hasn't it been my wallpaper for years?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

TulliusCicero posted:

Please God tell this happened recently

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

gently caress, beaten

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Oahu has invested super heavily into solar and in the middle of the day half the grid is supplied by solar panels.

They’re also building a ton of wind and the biggest power plant is the one that burns trash.

Hawai’i is trying.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1113647759100456965

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1113647316186083329

Yup, Barr came in and did his job

Guess this is the start of the leaks from people angry its being kept locked up. I wonder how until we get summaries of the summaries

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 4, 2019

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Haha oh my god they prepared executive summaries for each section of the report, designed specifically to be released immediately and without the need for any redaction, and Barr ignored this and provided none of that?

What a gross corrupt motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Death By Yogurt posted:

I work in a county in the midwest that has windmills and my parents live in a county that is trying to get a windmill farm. There's a big billboard alongside the main highway with a windmill on fire that says "Don't let them ruin your lives too". The local paper is filled with op-eds of people who swear their second cousin's sister has a house near a windmill and she has constant nausea and it's louder than a rocket. They've absolutely bought into the propaganda and I think it has little to do besides "liberals support them therefore they're bad."
It's a shame because these are rural counties with little economic opportunity outside of agricultural and a couple of factories. The energy from the windmills is actually sold off to other places and the county makes a lot of money off of it that trickles down and lets us have some pretty nice schools and road crews.

On the interstate to Boise, there used to be a ton of signs saying how bad wind is, and a couple of them referenced a red light district for some reason.