Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

news paper

Zapf Dingbat fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Oh whew. It's just a woo psuedo science term. My imagination went to a rather dark place when I heard of that phrase. Not sure if that was their intention.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

pkay posted:

Glenn Greenwald is a literal propagandist. Why do you folks think hes a good faith actor?

Why are we pretending the posters defending Greenwald, Tucker, etc. are acting in good faith?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Zapf Dingbat posted:

What gets me is the land use. What's especially galling to me is to have them in city limits.

Never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSRCjG-VLk

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Super-Id posted:

I live on the peninsula just south of San Francisco (Daly City) and there are 2 golf courses nearby. I loving hate it. There isn’t enough room for people, and all of the affordable housing is gone, but here are two huge beautiful pieces of land that are only used by rich fucks.

And they probably get tax breaks or subsidies or some other sort of benefit as "nature preserves". gently caress golf sideways. Hopefully it mostly dies with the boomers.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Why are we pretending the posters defending Greenwald, Tucker, etc. are acting in good faith?

Hey I've never denied being a Russian bot so I take offense to this.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

What are the chances one of the sources goes public?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

pkay posted:

Glenn Greenwald is a literal propagandist. Why do you folks think hes a good faith actor?

He's not really a propagandist... He's just an oversensitive dude whose feelings are hurt and he's blinded by feeling sorry for himself that someone dared to hurt his feelings.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ReidRansom posted:

And they probably get tax breaks or subsidies or some other sort of benefit as "nature preserves". gently caress golf sideways. Hopefully it mostly dies with the boomers.

what's the stats say, is golf a thing with people below the age of 40

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

scopes posted:

There have to be between five and ten people who have the unredacted copy. It'd be easily traced to whichever one decided to leak it.

That said, you're absolutely right. I'd do it in a heartbeat, and probably I would do it somewhat publicly and put myself on the mercy of whatever whistleblowing process would come about.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ReidRansom posted:

It largely is. Houses in course communities are plummeting in value as boomers move out to assisted living or die and no younger people want to buy a place where you can't walk to anything and you have to pay an assload to the HOA for course upkeep.

https://twitter.com/samsykesswears/status/1083759258989060096

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

scopes posted:

Given that even before Barr poo poo in the pool there was no way that they weren't going to be subpoenaed, 100%.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1113824926019010562

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

selec posted:

True, true!

The Citations Needed podcast episode where they manage to get Toure’ on for an interview about MSNBC is very clarifying. MSNBC is never going to put actual leftists on air because there are way too many risks that one of the millionaires or billionaires who want to think of themselves as good liberals will hear something intolerable about their wealth hoarding.

This explains the gap between Chris Hayes’ milk toast liberalism on the air, and much more leftist rhetoric on twitter and in his writing.

Do you think milk toast is a breakfast item or something?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm thinking Trump might get a bit pissed when Cain takes the rate to 9.99%

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh hey, who better to serve in the Fed than a...computer science major.

Maybe he can code better money or something.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

If it was April 1st I would assume this was a joke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nice that the Fed is going to become basically an 11:45 AM on Thursday C-list panel at CPAC.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1113825434045767680

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Asema posted:

Not anymore. Golf blew up huge among kids when Tiger was mercing everyone on tour. Pretty sure now it's just children of golfers who may take it up young.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mdemone posted:

There have to be between five and ten people who have the unredacted copy. It'd be easily traced to whichever one decided to leak it.

That said, you're absolutely right. I'd do it in a heartbeat, and probably I would do it somewhat publicly and put myself on the mercy of whatever whistleblowing process would come about.

Cant hide in Russia this time though.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

people who play large jenga at bars have nothing of interest in their lives.
This is the same hermain Cain who made his fortune slinging gas station pizza, yes?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Ben. Hud." is going to become "Ben. Fed."

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Critical posted:

Not anymore. Golf blew up huge among kids when Tiger was mercing everyone on tour. Pretty sure now it's just children of golfers who may take it up young.

Tiger might not have been the first to do it, but it was a huge innovation for pro golfers to actually exercise.

Golf sucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

syense posted:

This is the same hermain Cain who made his fortune slinging gas station pizza, yes?

he did. he also ran the kansas city fed branch out of omaha decades ago so i guess it's not as insane as putting on the tv guy that's been wrong about anything and everything possible who also got owned by a teenager on real time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syense posted:

And the same guy who had multiple sexual harassment accusations. And a tax plan for morons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shifty Pony posted:

It largely is. Houses in course communities are plummeting in value as boomers move out to assisted living or die and no younger people want to buy a place where you can't walk to anything and you have to pay an assload to the HOA for course upkeep.

https://twitter.com/samsykesswears/status/1083759258989060096

Looks like turf's back on the menu boys!

Wait, no

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Friend Ben

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Asema posted:

Do you know anyone your age who golfs? Because I don't. The only person I know who golfs regularly is my future FiL, and he's 77.

But man, when my city tried to turn the municipal course into a huge multi-use park, citing declining use as the main reason, the few dozen olds who still used it pitched an absolute loving fit to the point that in what was I'm absolutely certain was deal rife with corruption and kickbacks and such, the city purchased a failing local country club to use an an "events center" and turned that course into a municipal one. My understanding is that like the previous one, it is little used and only by a small number of people.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mdemone posted:

If the Dems are smart they'll read it into the Congressional Record ala Mike Gravel and the Pentagon Papers.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Triskelli posted:

Tiger might not have been the first to do it, but it was a huge innovation for pro golfers to actually exercise.

Golf sucks.

Tiger absolutely innovated fitness in golf. I was about 10 feet away from him at a tournament last year and he's still built like a brick shithouse.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

NYSE: BA 396.57 USD +11.83

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

NYSE: BA 396.57 USD +11.83

I wonder if anyone is trying to formulate a class-action suit on behalf of survivors, because they'd have a drat excellent chance of winning.

Edit: sorry, obviously by "survivors" I mean the families of the victims

mdemone fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 4, 2019

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

We get paid in rubles to screw with the rubes, right? Jesus get it together.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Remember Cain is a sexmonster.

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/1113827737880473600?s=21

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ReidRansom posted:

Do you know anyone your age who golfs? Because I don't. The only person I know who golfs regularly is my future FiL, and he's 77.

there's a couple spoiled codebros in my office that golf and that's all I know and it seems more from what they did with their very rich family than their age though tbh

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

mdemone posted:

I wonder if anyone is trying to formulate a class-action suit on behalf of survivors, because they'd have a drat excellent chance of winning.

Edit: sorry, obviously by "survivors" I mean the families of the victims

Everyone who flew on that plane should sue as well. This is a thorough and obvious cover-up of a dangerous plane.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

Do you think milk toast is a breakfast item or something?

Autoqorreqt stays loving with me

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Ben Carson and Herman Cain are two different people :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
In the middle of their "touchy Biden" campaign they elevate a serial harasser with a history of payments that trump has vigorously defended in the past.
Real life needs a rimshot.