Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Eimi posted:

I accidentally bought the hq gathering gear so now I'm slowly doing poo poo I've never done before like the deliveries. I just have my GSM at 70 but I kinda wanna try and get some scrips for that too...only problem there is that I have lvl 60 gear on. I guess I should just wait for deliveries? Mnaago and Zhloe are doable in 60 gear yeah?

I did Zhloe in sub-60 gear with the right rotation, it just didn't get me max rewards each time. They're totally doable as long as you don't mind not getting the top reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zhloe is meant to be doable before level 60 though you won't max out every craft without some effort.

Mnaago is also meant to be doable in the low to mid 60s with the same caveat. The last two custom delivery NPCs have crafts that will be fairly hard to get to the highest quality rating without being level 70.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kwyndig posted:

I did Zhloe in sub-60 gear with the right rotation, it just didn't get me max rewards each time. They're totally doable as long as you don't mind not getting the top reward.

That's good! Would you happen to know where I can find info out about a rotation or something? Because I leveled my crafters mainly off beast tribes and gc turn ins.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

You wrote out a wall of text to explain a thing that you are also purporting is simple.

If it was really that simple, you would not have had to write out a wall of text.

:thejoke:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But Bard is simple.

BRD below 70, keep dots up, mash straight shot, hit red button when it flashes, sing songs in order
BRD at 70, keep dots up, mash straight shot, hit orange button when it flashes, sing songs in order.
Your AOE sucks but you can just slam dots and sing mages and hit your aoes when they come up.

Some people just can't be brief.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Man, these crafter quests are getting meta.

Anybody have the old 1.0 blacksmithing screenshot where the guy urges and encourages you to stick your dick in the forge ?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Givin posted:

Anybody have the old 1.0 blacksmithing screenshot where the guy urges and encourages you to stick your dick in the forge ?

I'm pretty sure that's just some random dialogue around the smiths' guild in Limsa?

E: And is stil around - can't be arsed to check, but.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bobfly posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just some random dialogue around the smiths' guild in Limsa?

E: And is stil around - can't be arsed to check, but.

They changed it, but the intent is still there.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

didn't someone here have a twitter or instagram or some other social media thing entirely of Weird poo poo FF14 NPCs Say

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I dunno if they're here, but there's https://twitter.com/ffxivflavortext/

Which unfortunately seems to have not been updated since before Stormblood.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Givin posted:

https://twitter.com/ffxivflavortext/status/729027933801721856

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

But Bard is simple.

BRD below 70, keep dots up, mash straight shot, hit red button when it flashes, sing songs in order
BRD at 70, keep dots up, mash straight shot, hit orange button when it flashes, sing songs in order.
Your AOE sucks but you can just slam dots and sing mages and hit your aoes when they come up.

I love bard because it’s hard to gently caress up.

You hit the buttons when they make a noise or glow and keep the dots / songs up. The RNG makes it fun, like hitting a jackpot on the slots when you proc.

I unsubscribed from ffxiv during heavens ward when they made the bard have cast times. That was unplayable garbage. I can’t dodge worth poo poo (have slow reaction times) and it made the 60 level content painful.

I’ve only played around with leveling ninja as an alt, and though is so fun to play, it’s easy to hit the wrong button in a combo or during a mudra or hit the powerful burst phase during the wrong time, and then whelp there goes your damage.

Plus those hats! Pew Pew

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Lokar posted:

I love bard because it’s hard to gently caress up.

You hit the buttons when they make a noise or glow and keep the dots / songs up. The RNG makes it fun, like hitting a jackpot on the slots when you proc.

I unsubscribed from ffxiv during heavens ward when they made the bard have cast times. That was unplayable garbage. I can’t dodge worth poo poo (have slow reaction times) and it made the 60 level content painful.

I’ve only played around with leveling ninja as an alt, and though is so fun to play, it’s easy to hit the wrong button in a combo or during a mudra or hit the powerful burst phase during the wrong time, and then whelp there goes your damage.

Plus those hats! Pew Pew

???

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Try actually reading this time

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

I can’t remember the name of the stance, but bard had a casting stance at max level in 3.0. It was jarring, since the entire job up to that point had no cast times. So I was a baby and stopped playing.

The current style is a blast, and hopefully they learned their lesson and won’t mess with it too much for storm bringers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I have no idea how to react to this picture.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SonicRulez posted:

Please play a Linkin Park song of your choosing before viewing the following images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tll5vf1NI3k

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

My life is forever changed from this moment on. I don't know whether to thank you or have you murdered.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

But Bard is simple.

You also left out a hilarious amount of the rotation to try to make this point. It doesn't really support what you're saying.

What I'm pointing out here isn't that you don't like bard, or that bard is bad. I'm pointing out that the easiest DPS class in this game isn't actually all that easy and takes practice. Like, compare red mage to any wow class you'd care to name. It's still much more complicated than anything in that entire game. I think samurai is easy for me but I'm not going to tell people it's easy for them, too.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Lokar posted:

I can’t remember the name of the stance, but bard had a casting stance at max level in 3.0. It was jarring, since the entire job up to that point had no cast times. So I was a baby and stopped playing.

The current style is a blast, and hopefully they learned their lesson and won’t mess with it too much for storm bringers.

Yeah, that was the Heavensward version of Wanderer's Minuet. It increased the damage of abilities while adding the cast bar for most GCD attacks. Most people hated it because it was a terrible change foisted on the Job at high levels when from 1-52 you had freedom of movement, and suddenly you have to become a bow mage to stay relevant with damage. Even worse, bard's most powerful abilities were locked behind Wanderer's Minuet needing to be activated.damage

It was so, so bad. Bad enough that they completely changed how Wanderer's Minuet and other bard songs worked for Stormblood because there were so many complaints. Now bard is fun again!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You also left out a hilarious amount of the rotation to try to make this point. It doesn't really support what you're saying.

What I'm pointing out here isn't that you don't like bard, or that bard is bad. I'm pointing out that the easiest DPS class in this game isn't actually all that easy and takes practice. Like, compare red mage to any wow class you'd care to name. It's still much more complicated than anything in that entire game. I think samurai is easy for me but I'm not going to tell people it's easy for them, too.

Yeah, that's why people usually explain things in more detail to make things clear

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Most people get the practice in the course of leveling the class though? Like yeah any class has a lot of stuff going on at 70 but unless you bought a skip option you had plenty of time to figure out how to use things as they were given to you.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Yeah, that was the Heavensward version of Wanderer's Minuet. It increased the damage of abilities while adding the cast bar for most GCD attacks. Most people hated it because it was a terrible change foisted on the Job at high levels when from 1-52 you had freedom of movement, and suddenly you have to become a bow mage to stay relevant with damage. Even worse, bard's most powerful abilities were locked behind Wanderer's Minuet needing to be activated.damage

It was so, so bad. Bad enough that they completely changed how Wanderer's Minuet and other bard songs worked for Stormblood because there were so many complaints. Now bard is fun again!

Also didn't help that if I recall it was actually somehow a damage down to start with. Despite all the extra damage you got it somehow resulted in less actual dps.... They then fixed it so it actually did its job...ish. And then thankfully decided that maybe the mobility based range classes should remain mobile and not be blackmages.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

Most people get the practice in the course of leveling the class though? Like yeah any class has a lot of stuff going on at 70 but unless you bought a skip option you had plenty of time to figure out how to use things as they were given to you.

As someone with everything leveled over 60 and maybe like 25 levels left over the last 5 or so classes that aren’t 70: lolno

Deep dungeons are one hell of a drug.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm not usually a person who feels strongly about NPCs, but if anything were to happen to my good friend Laurisse, I would destroy the entirety of Hydaelyn and then myself. :colbert:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Chaeden posted:

Also didn't help that if I recall it was actually somehow a damage down to start with. Despite all the extra damage you got it somehow resulted in less actual dps.... They then fixed it so it actually did its job...ish. And then thankfully decided that maybe the mobility based range classes should remain mobile and not be blackmages.

Yeah, they had to tweak it a few times, and even then, it wasn't really worth using until you also had access to Iron Jaws, Empyreal Arrow, and Sidewinder. I think it was until you were atleast level 56 that the differences in damage were argued? Whatever.

Bottom line is, holy crap I'm glad they about-faced on Bow Mage. I remember the whole situation forced many people away from the job during Heavensward.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm not usually a person who feels strongly about NPCs, but if anything were to happen to my good friend Laurisse, I would destroy the entirety of Hydaelyn and then myself. :colbert:

:yeah: she's pretty great. I'm sad she only barely appears in the 60-70 quests, because she's pretty great and deserves more face time.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

. Like, compare red mage to any wow class you'd care to name. It's still much more complicated than anything in that entire game.

Wait what? What do you do with WoW classes if Red Mage. The job where you mostly react to procs to fill a meter to look rad is more complex than all of them? :psyduck:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

bard is easy and good because priority systems own

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait what? What do you do with WoW classes if Red Mage. The job where you mostly react to procs to fill a meter to look rad is more complex than all of them? :psyduck:
WoW is absurdly simplified these days. It's hard to directly compare since it has a much less methodical encounter pacing, but you have at most 4-5 buttons in your rotation with no oGCDs and a small handful of situational or burst phase buffs. You'll struggle to fill two bars in most cases and often the "rotaton" is just clicking whatever skill is lit up or off cooldown now.

It isn't actually that bad in practice but they probably went too far in stripping the oGCDs out. I still say many FFXIV could stand to be simplified a bit, but I mean closer to RDM/SAM levels, not WoW.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Do NOT simplify my beautiful jobs. The entire reason I'm playing this game and not wow is because there's an actual learning curve to each Job.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dr Pepper posted:

Depends on the class, and with some of them you can talent into more complexity, but one of the main design goals for Battle For Azeroth was removing off-cooldown DPS Buffs. Unfortunately they also did this at the same time that artifact weapons, basically gigantic slabs of class complexity with an extra active skill attached, were removed from the game.

My rotation as a destruction warlock only had a few spells
Immolate(A Damage over Time spell)
Incinerate(Spamable damage)
Conflagrate(Instant damage that made my next spell cast faster)
Chaos Bolt(A Spell that spent a resource built up by immolate and incinerate)
Infernal(Our DPS Cooldown, summons a demon that generates chaos bolt resource)
Rain of Fire(a not so great AOE spell that costs 1.5 Chaos Bolts)

Our choice of pet adds some complexity and we have other utility spells but that's basically it. With Azerite Armor (the replacement for artifact weapons) I could either turn my infernal into even more of a burn phase, add a proc that gives me instant cast incinerates, or increase my damage for the first 20% of a mob's life.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

Eimi posted:

That's good! Would you happen to know where I can find info out about a rotation or something? Because I leveled my crafters mainly off beast tribes and gc turn ins.

Fair warning that this guide is massive but there are some fairly good rotations at the very end of this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/mobilebasic

You aren’t go to be able to do the 70 rotations exactly since you will be missing the cross-class skills but it should give you a rough template and you can substitute as close to comperable skills as you do have to try and get something that should be able to at least do deliveries.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lenore03 posted:

Can anyone give me tips for what else I should be doing for River Shrimp custom delivery collectables?
I'm lvl 70Fisher with
-1117 Gathering
-937 Perception

At The Hundred Throes fishing hole using
-Collector's Glove
-Brute Leech
-Patience
-Powerful Hookset
- Around 10am ET Clear Skies

simple rule of thumb: if it's a light tug then use precision, if it's a medium/heavy tug use powerful

There are some exceptions but they're few and far between

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kurieg posted:

Depends on the class, and with some of them you can talent into more complexity, but one of the main design goals for Battle For Azeroth was removing off-cooldown DPS Buffs. Unfortunately they also did this at the same time that artifact weapons, basically gigantic slabs of class complexity with an extra active skill attached, were removed from the game.

My rotation as a destruction warlock only had a few spells
Immolate(A Damage over Time spell)
Incinerate(Spamable damage)
Conflagrate(Instant damage that made my next spell cast faster)
Chaos Bolt(A Spell that spent a resource built up by immolate and incinerate)
Infernal(Our DPS Cooldown, summons a demon that generates chaos bolt resource)
Rain of Fire(a not so great AOE spell that costs 1.5 Chaos Bolts)

Our choice of pet adds some complexity and we have other utility spells but that's basically it. With Azerite Armor (the replacement for artifact weapons) I could either turn my infernal into even more of a burn phase, add a proc that gives me instant cast incinerates, or increase my damage for the first 20% of a mob's life.

Wow that sounds pretty dull. I'm glad that FFXIV still has some basic complexity. Even Red Mages have OGCD's to deal with.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Pepper posted:

Wow that sounds pretty dull. I'm glad that FFXIV still has some basic complexity. Even Red Mages have OGCD's to deal with.

I was talking about wow classic with a friend and I realized how boring combat really was in that game. I remember falling asleep during a raid once because my rotation was just 2222222222.

Even peak WoW for me (WotLK) wasn't complicated compared to anything in XIV but the spec I played (affliction warlock) was supposedly one of the most involved there was.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

(extremely feral druid voice) john loving madden

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Overblown and played up for ego! I should know, I was a Hybrid Feral, which was all other kinds of indecision on top of being the static's offtank and mechanics bitch!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 4, 2019

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

World War Mammories posted:

(extremely feral druid voice) john loving madden

Even Feral was never actually that complicated. It was just a meme.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

imagine a world where you could post a dps flowchart with 4 steps, and if you make one of them a big squiggle line ball with a couple of abilities in it and wrote JOHN loving MADDEN in all caps next to it, it was accurate. That's how time works.

also now there's an addon that will play your dps rotation for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dr Pepper posted:

Wow raid fights tend to require a lot more situational awareness and mechanical complexity, there's no way I'd want to be playing a BLM in Uldum. But they've really pared down on the class design since Mists of Pandaria. They moved a lot of our "class fantasy"(one of their favorite terms) into our artifact weapons and then removed them wholesale with BFA without adding much back, and what they did add back was through talents.